View Full Version : Delaware riders.. where are you??

greatwhiteninja
August 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
i been seeing quite a few other new gen 250's running all around my area and try posting up as much as possible in the spotting thread.. are there any delaware members on here? preferably northern delaware, ie.. wilmington, newark, bear, newcastle.. all areas i see other 250's

Alex
August 8th, 2011, 10:11 AM
*** crickets ***

Come on, DE riders! (post popped up as an unanswered thread)

RedCromwell
August 8th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Hey GWN! I've been lurking for awhile, posting every now and then and didn't even see this post till today.

I live in Wilmington. And am a totally noob on my bike.

Furthest north I've rode is Avondale, PA and furthest south is Laurel, DE.

How's it going?

greatwhiteninja
August 9th, 2011, 06:29 AM
nice.. yeah im in newark, off rt40. theres a bunch of 250 riders around here but guess they dont get on the forums. theres gotta be at least 10 just around here by me alone that ive seen. i dont ride much in wilmington other then when i take the bike to work.. usually i ride out in newark, or down state like rt9.

RedCromwell
August 9th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I've been on Route 9. I'll usually ride between St. Augustine Beach and 141. It's an OK ride, but feel paranoid about the speed restrictions in certain spots. I'm always expecting a speed trap to be waiting around the corner.

greatwhiteninja
August 9th, 2011, 08:03 PM
i usually ride with a buddy i work with who has a harley and we try to ride in different places.. newcastle county and slighlty into kent county, thats usually the rt9 ride from newcastle down to smyrna area.. also usually ride with a silver t-rex, if you see that thing im usually somewhere around it..lol!

jstrain
August 11th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Not Delaware, but I'm only a few miles north of the border in PA. Went to school at UDel though, so I've spent a buncha time in Newark.

greatwhiteninja
August 12th, 2011, 06:03 PM
i work pretty close to the border of DE/PA.. some good roads up there in chadds ford, kennet sq and all i bet?

jstrain
August 14th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Yeah, there is a bunch of nice stuff that winds around the Brandywine River area there and you can eventually wind up in Wilmington or other North Delaware spots. I don't get a chance to ride strictly for pleasure regularly, so I usually just hit that area up because it's so close to where I'm at.

TheTopher
October 23rd, 2011, 07:57 PM
Hate to revive an old thread but this is probably the closest thing I'll get to finding local riders.

I live in Newark, just joined the forums. Planning on riding through the end of November, I'd love to find some other people to ride with on the weekends.

greatwhiteninja
October 23rd, 2011, 08:35 PM
Im in newark also, rt 40 area

TheTopher
October 23rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
Right on, I'm a half mile from rt40.

greatwhiteninja
October 23rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
Nice..will have to meet up. I work in the afternoons and usually ride in as long as its nice. Weekends are I ride sometimes. All depends really

TheTopher
October 23rd, 2011, 09:09 PM
I work a lot of hours, half days on Saturday so sat evenings and Sundays are the only times I really have time to take the bike out. Let me know what's up.

greatwhiteninja
October 23rd, 2011, 09:12 PM
just message me on here when you wanna ride. It comes right to my phone so ill respond pretty quick

koenigcitizen
March 6th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Sorry for ressurecting old thread,
me and another member are planning a little ride around Delaware on Thursday March 8. If any of you are in the area and would like to join us, that would be awesome!

We are planning on meeting around Dover, DE.

euzzi
April 19th, 2012, 04:06 PM
hey guys i ride a 2000 zx7r....not a 250 but i figured I would jsut say hello since im from DE too...smyrna to be exact. i like riding up in new castle county simply becuase there is more twist and turns up there...in kent county it seems like all we have is route 13.......boring

Stingray1000
May 12th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Contact here for ride requests and what not! I'm in De

Alex
May 12th, 2012, 08:41 PM
/merged

Stingray1000
May 13th, 2012, 12:40 PM
/merged

Ty bubba

Stingray1000
May 13th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Im in newark.... hit me up!

TheTopher
May 15th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Another Newark dude? Sweet!

Stingray1000
May 15th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Im near elkton rd where you at topher?

Stingray1000
May 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=103911

Driving from Newark to Lexington Park this sunday. Just really looking to ride and spend a few minutes (lol) with family when I go. Hit me up if anyone wants me to stop by!

TheTopher
May 16th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Im near elkton rd where you at topher?

Right around Salem Church rd.

Have ya taken your bike down main street and enjoyed all the ladies turning their heads yet? :D

Stingray1000
May 16th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Lol oh but ofcourse..... love all the looks i get....

Miles_Prower
June 5th, 2012, 11:08 AM
I'm living in Harrisburg now, but my hometown is chadds ford, and I'm always in delaware. Hoping to conquer 76 eventually and return home!

Stingray1000
June 5th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Just did an hour or 2 ride today... let me know when your in the area... Met another 01 250 owner today who rode an hour down from christiana, pa. Was a nice guy. Told him about the site ofcourse! Represent! Lol

Stingray1000
June 19th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Bump... Delaware..... Need to get some rides going!

jstrain
June 19th, 2012, 02:08 PM
If you're free tonight and bored, we're probably doing something in Philly later on. Probably around 8. There's a big Tuesday night get-together that a few of us normally hit. I'm planning to get there if at all possible.

Stingray1000
June 19th, 2012, 02:16 PM
If you're free tonight and bored, we're probably doing something in Philly later on. Probably around 8. There's a big Tuesday night get-together that a few of us normally hit. I'm planning to get there if at all possible.

Aww man I work in New Castle till 9pm It would be too late by the time I could actually get there. I'm free sat and sundays, Week days have to be local rides after 9pm. Thanks alot tho was awesome of you to invite!

jstrain
June 19th, 2012, 02:24 PM
No worries. Didn't you say your schedule changes over the summer? I'd be down for a weekend ride, but my weekends are mostly filled up lately.

Stingray1000
June 19th, 2012, 02:25 PM
No worries. Didn't you say your schedule changes over the summer? I'd be down for a weekend ride, but my weekends are mostly filled up lately.

Yeap it jsut changed, now I get off at 9 instead of 10 AAANNDDDD I'm now off on saturdays and sundays instead of sundays and mondays!

Stingray1000
July 16th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Bump :P

Miles_Prower
July 16th, 2012, 05:47 PM
i'll be home this weekend..Glen Mills, PA area!

RedCromwell
July 18th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Going to check out a group ride "sponsored" by a local dealership this Sunday, July 22nd from 11AM to 4PM.

It's a "newbie" ride intended for riders new to motorcycling or just new to group riding.

Group leaves the dealership in Bear, DE and heads down to Boondocks restaurant in Smyrna for lunch and then takes a scenic route back to the dealership.

It should be a beautiful day for riding and a meetup. So, if any local DE riders are interested, maybe I'll see you there.

Ride info from the dealership's website here: http://www.powersportseast.com/eventslist.htm

Stingray1000
July 18th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Going to check out a group ride "sponsored" by a local dealership this Sunday, July 22nd from 11AM to 4PM.

It's a "newbie" ride intended for riders new to motorcycling or just new to group riding.

Group leaves the dealership in Bear, DE and heads down to Boondocks restaurant in Smyrna for lunch and then takes a scenic route back to the dealership.

It should be a beautiful day for riding and a meetup. So, if any local DE riders are interested, maybe I'll see you there.

Ride info from the dealership's website here: http://www.powersportseast.com/eventslist.htm

Depending on how I feel I might be inclined to check it out..... been feeling under the weather :(

Miles_Prower
July 18th, 2012, 12:31 PM
i'll actually be home this weekend, and I was debating going. But it's on Sunday meaning 5 hours there and then 2 more hours riding back here to get ready for work..might be too tiring. :/

greatwhiteninja
July 24th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Sorry haven't been on here in a while .. I'm still around and ride damn near every day .. Newark / bear area but I'll ride anywhere :)

jpbear
August 11th, 2012, 09:02 PM
First Post here.

Got a used blue 2010 ninjette about four weeks back.

Live at Rt 40 in Bear area.. Would definitely look forward to group rides - but would like to start small :)

(Missed the Smyrna ride from powersports as I was still going through the hassle of titling the bike at the DMV.. but now all that is resolved.. )

Stingray1000
August 11th, 2012, 10:31 PM
First Post here.

Got a used blue 2010 ninjette about four weeks back.

Live at Rt 40 in Bear area.. Would definitely look forward to group rides - but would like to start small :)

(Missed the Smyrna ride from powersports as I was still going through the hassle of titling the bike at the DMV.. but now all that is resolved.. )

I live neat the college in Newark, Lemme know when you're avail.

jpbear
August 11th, 2012, 11:02 PM
:thumbup::thumbup:

Anytime during the weekends should be great.. I live a stones throw from the Cyclegear shop.. and couple of miles from powersports.

Most of the time I have been riding along Rt40/Rt13 up to WIL and back.. definitely need a change of scenary

Stingray1000
August 11th, 2012, 11:13 PM
:thumbup::thumbup:

Anytime during the weekends should be great.. I live a stones throw from the Cyclegear shop.. and couple of miles from powersports.

Most of the time I have been riding along Rt40/Rt13 up to WIL and back.. definitely need a change of scenary

I'm usually good one weekends... Next 2 weekends i'll be busy. Next weekend is MSF and after that is Ocean city. I'm riding down for a week will be back the sat after that and might need to get away from the woman for a while lol sept. 1st I think is the date. FYI I have my permit.

jpbear
August 11th, 2012, 11:18 PM
I'm usually good one weekends... Next 2 weekends i'll be busy. Next weekend is MSF and after that is Ocean city. I'm riding down for a week will be back the sat after that and might need to get away from the woman for a while lol sept. 1st I think is the date. FYI I have my permit.

I am sure you will enjoy the MSF. i did mine at New Castle DMV. The instructors were great and they provided the bikes - so awesome.

I had a ton of experience on smaller bikes elsewhere and thought I knew everything and I STILL learnt so many things from the MSF that were brilliant.. I totally underestimated the importance of MSF.

September works for me - wont be going anywhere for a while..

August 12th, 2012, 11:43 AM
New castle here. I just got the bike up and running, taking it tomorrow to get the title in my name. I would be down for some riding after I get a little experience under my belt. Nice to see fellow Delaware locals!

Stingray1000
August 12th, 2012, 07:19 PM
New castle here. I just got the bike up and running, taking it tomorrow to get the title in my name. I would be down for some riding after I get a little experience under my belt. Nice to see fellow Delaware locals!

Been seeing some pre gens riding around... saw a green one today on 40.... pm me for my number and we can all meet up sept wnd if everyone is down.

Miles_Prower
August 12th, 2012, 09:56 PM
yo let me know in advance i'll ride down for a weekend!!

Stingray1000
August 12th, 2012, 10:54 PM
yo let me know in advance i'll ride down for a weekend!!

Hush pa boy grown folks is taklin' lololol j/k bro you're more than welcome! Lol

Miles_Prower
August 13th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Hush pa boy grown folks is taklin' lololol j/k bro you're more than welcome! Lol

we'll see who the "grown folks" are once I put you back in school in the twisties :p

Stingray1000
August 13th, 2012, 07:58 AM
we'll see who the "grown folks" are once I put you back in school in the twisties :p

LOL anytime you're ready! LOL

Miles_Prower
August 13th, 2012, 08:35 AM
LOL anytime you're ready! LOL

oh wait i have to back up my big talk? lol!! damnit, thought I could get away with it.
haha yeah, let me know, I'm down for some riding any weekend.

Stingray1000
August 14th, 2012, 06:00 PM
OK So August 25th I'm riding down to Ocean City, MD. Anyone else is welcome to come if they want (But you can't stay with us! LOL) Just for a fun ride. We should be leaving around 11am. My fiance will be following us. This is if you have nothing to do and you're just looking for a ride along.... Anyone in The Pa Delmarva area are welcome! PM Me for details!

Stingray1000
August 15th, 2012, 11:43 AM
If anyone else is looking to be able to go send me a pm or reply to this thread.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=111724

Stingray1000
August 21st, 2012, 08:38 PM
Bump! Last chance to get a nice ride to Ocean City, MD. We have 6 riders and 3 cages total and the more the merrier! Come on people! Leaving from DE Aug 25th 11am in Newark, DE

Stingray1000
September 6th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Hey guys for anyone Interested I created a FB page for our area's Group rides. I'm going to make 1 or 2 people admin's in each area. I'll be the admin for northern DE, Minikin_Jo is gonna be the admin for northern, MD. koenigcitizen will be the admin for south eastern, MD and southern DE. I was thinking about making rmorse the admin for south western,and central, MD and Miles_Prower the admin for south central (SOUTH SIDE! lol), PA I need one for Philly and 1 for Central/South Jersey and North Jersey (North Jersey was thinking about nycsteve if he ever joins FB lol) If anyone has any idea's or plans let me know!

Join here (http://www.facebook.com/DeMdPaNjMotorcycleRiders)

Stingray1000
March 10th, 2013, 03:00 PM
So another group ride has been setup for Saturday July 27th. We're leaving Newark, DE and heading to Ocean City, Maryland. Last year we had 9 riders and we all had a phenomenal time!!! Hope we can get more riders this year!

mheitman
July 9th, 2013, 02:27 PM
You guys still meeting??