Time to practice my embed skills.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

4Xl8RPFu4Gk

SpeedDemon
August 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Fail :nono:

Azhyen
August 11th, 2011, 12:21 PM
It's one of the first vids i saw before I got my bike. I think it's cuz it has a high view count. This and the "girlfriend red 250r" or something like that, video.

Honko
August 11th, 2011, 12:32 PM
She's a cutie.

ninja250
August 11th, 2011, 12:35 PM
He's not joking either the 250R is hard as hell to wheelie.
When you go to a GSXR from the 250R it's like a joke. Very easy.
When I finally get it down with the 250 I should be able to do it on anything..

Live2ride
August 11th, 2011, 12:37 PM
That was the first 250 video I ever downloaded. Honestly I think its pretty damn sweet minus him not wearing any gear of course.

ninja250
August 11th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I tried one standing for the first time the other day. Felt kinda weird but I need to try a few more times.

I do wear all the gear though.

You're bound to fall at some point playing like that.

Kevin2109
August 11th, 2011, 01:06 PM
It's one of the first vids i saw before I got my bike. I think it's cuz it has a high view count. This and the "girlfriend red 250r" or something like that, video.

Me too! I still cant wheelie it like that :(

ninja250
August 11th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Hahaha
Learned to do standup wheelies today. :cool: :thumbup:
I knew I could do it, just have to have the balls to get up and do it.
Vids uploading. Pic:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/standingupwheelie.jpg

I definitely had some sit down wheelies at balance point for a while too.
Just have to keep myself from wanting to jump off the bike. It's my natural reaction.
I learned to ignore it by playing "learn to feather the rear brake even though you don't need to" trick on my foot.

Every time I go to wheelie I just have to tell myself to stay on the bike. haha
My natural reaction from BMX bikes is to jump off. Bad news for the street, better to stay on and risk a crash than jump off because that is a crash for sure.

Once I get the larger sprocket and chain it's ON.

Cuongism
August 11th, 2011, 05:19 PM
He gets his SS fairly vertical as well when doing wheelies. I just feel so bad for his forks.

KeeUbS7pKik

bdavison
August 11th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Guys, be careful doing wheelies on the 250r. There's been some reports around here of the handlebars fracturing when putting it back down. The metal in the stock bars is kinda soft, and cracks easily.

If you intend to wheelie and stunt a lot on the 250R, Id recommend changing out the stock handlebars to clipons or a solid steel bar.

ninja250
August 11th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Running woodcraft!

I try not to put too much weight on the bars anyways when I land. I'm afraid of tank slappers. I'm not so good with it though and don't have total control and admit I come down pretty hard sometimes.

I'm waiting to pop a fork seal. :o

I'm pretty satisfied with the ninja today being as I learned to do that.
I even tried to power it up while standing and got decent distance.

Here was my first few stand up wheelies.
Yeah they're small but not bad my first try. (:40s)
udH9IKRpJHk

I have a second video I think I uploaded the wrong one brb

SpeedDemon
August 11th, 2011, 06:33 PM
dude ur camra almost got ran over by that truck lol...r u poping the clutch when ur trying these or just trying to power through it

ninja250
August 11th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I pop the clutch. Power up is not as predictable and you have to bounce the ninja hard if you ever want that to happen I think. This is the perfect bike to learn clutching on... you won't flip it if you cover the brake and drop the clutch at 10k from a rolling start. Just don't jump off and if it leans let off the gas or hit the brake to come down.

One you learn it, it's really easy to transfer your clutching to a bigger bike and pop the wheel right up. The Ninja is just hard to hold at balance point because of the power and it's small and squerrly.

Today I felt pretty comfy getting it sitting down to balance point.
Standing up I still don't know what the hell I'm doing.
As evidence by the dash cam below.
I can do sitting for a few feet but I need more work on the standing. I just started doing that like three days ago though.
JedFOf9cHhM

TheJimmyEnglish
August 11th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I leaned to wheelie from downshift83's tutorials on clutch ups and standing clutch ups. I only do it with ATGATT. Also on secluded level roads.

ninja250
August 11th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I'm not using the rear brake for those standing wheelies, so I want to be sure I don't loop the bike until I get a 12' bar on the back. Then I shouldn't have any reason not to have tons of confidence to get way back there. :thumbup: Takin' it slooooow

which reminds me gotta go post my measurements for the 12 bar.

alex.s
August 11th, 2011, 10:14 PM
pretty sure he rides a yzfr1 not a gsxr

CZroe
August 12th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Why is that dude chomping on a sandwich while conversing in the video? Does he think it's cool to be doing something like that when trying to communicate? :P

ninja250
August 12th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Pretty sure that's a GSXR behind him. I would estimate that's his bike. lol

Jet he's just joking around trying to act like a gsxr buff.
Some people don't get it and others will. I kinda thought it was funny. lol he's just joking around being an a$$hat.

Cuongism
August 12th, 2011, 05:14 AM
He's smart enough to use Rotella T :)

CZroe
August 12th, 2011, 08:55 AM

Some people don't get it and others will. I kinda thought it was funny. lol he's just joking around being an a$$hat.

I couldn't even understand him to know what he was talking about and it was a chore to try. I guess making me try was the joke! :p

alex.s
August 12th, 2011, 09:03 AM

it was a joke since his name is "yzfrone"

if you look at his videos he's had a gsxr, r1, and cbr1