View Full Version : Motogp Indy

algerath
August 14th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Anybody else on here going to motogp Indy?

I am riding up from Bloomington for at least Sat and Sun, maybe Friday depending on work. My friends from outside the forum don't sound like they are going now. I will ride and go alone if I must but that is no fun. There are tickets available and promo codes to get extras free like backstretch parking etc. I am buying my tix later tonight when I hear final yes/ no from my local friends but last time I went I got sw vista and it was good seats.

Anybody that wants to go I can grab tix and settle up that weekend. Looks like I can get sw vista reserved seats w backstretch parking a few cheap goodies and a parade lap on the track for $80 they don't say when the parade lap is though.

Alex
August 14th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Have a great time! I haven't missed the Laguna round in years, but would like to get out to Indy sometime as well. :thumbup:

Anteraan
August 24th, 2011, 09:28 AM
A few words about this event, from a local:

The backstretch parking is complimentary. Don't pay to park your bike, just ride it onto the track. I did it last year - amazing bike shopping too. :) Also, ABATE sets up a gear check area (cash for donations is a nice idea), which is tremendously useful. Putting my jeans, jacket, helmet, and gloves into the hands of other motorcyclists was very convenient, and I knew they would take care of my gear.

As far as the events go, Moto2 is by far the most entertaining race. The field is typically huge, and there is LOTS of action. I was on an infield hill last year, near the 2nd hairpin, and watched at least 4 lowsides (no one hurt, unlike the 125 race :( ), plus a myriad of bumping and banging. Moto2 is a physical race.
The GP event, by comparison, was boring and tame. I'm hoping for better this year. But even when it's bad, it's good! And the sound is amazing. :thumbup: