View Full Version : Sunny & Tyke Find Gravity

BlueTyke
October 14th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I am in Baltimore MD mind. By looking I noticed that most are in the CA area... Used to be there. Miss it a lot... But let me show you my part of the world...

So I decided that since I got my camera fixed, is that cheers I hear that were shouted out at not having to squint at the phone pictures, yes I think it was… So since I have it back I want to finish the ride that was interrupted! Yes we are going back to PA folks! With a sad ending! Find out the good times…

http://www.bikerworlds.com/LilTyke/view_blog/6744/

SV-Mark
October 25th, 2008, 04:14 PM
What's the scoop with "Tyke" Sunny, operational status update please??

Thanks, Mark

TheDuck
November 19th, 2008, 08:31 PM
What's the scoop with "Tyke" Sunny, operational status update please??

Thanks, Mark

I want to know the same thing!

kkim
November 19th, 2008, 09:53 PM
:pop2:

Alex
November 20th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Sunny found out yesterday that it looks like everything will be covered under warranty. Big issues with the motor, but with any luck it will be up and running soon.

kkim
November 20th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Sunny found out yesterday that it looks like everything will be covered under warranty. Big issues with the motor, but with any luck it will be up and running soon.
seized pistons or lack of lubrication?

Alex
November 20th, 2008, 12:39 AM
seized pistons or lack of lubrication?

Large amount of metal shavings in the oil, they suspect a bearing went and caused a whole bunch of damage.

BlueTyke
November 20th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks Alex!

Sorry I keep forgetting to check this forum along with all the others!

Yes on Tuesday she was diagnoised.. A rod took out a bearing in the engine causing a large amount of damage. Being under warrantee will help a lot but I will have to be patient now. Which is alright as it is friggin cold! :smow:

So I am hoping :pray: by next riding season I'll be up and running again.

Alex
November 20th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Sorry I keep forgetting to check this forum along with all the others!

Why would you need any others? :idunno: :crazybounce: :pound:

Glad to hear things are looking up and I hope Tyke is back on the road before you know it.

TheDuck
November 20th, 2008, 05:26 PM
hehehe.... friggin'!

BlueTyke
November 20th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Why would you need any others? :idunno: :crazybounce: :pound:

Glad to hear things are looking up and I hope Tyke is back on the road before you know it.

Sorry... SBR will always be home. :o

BlueTyke
November 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
hehehe.... friggin'!

Ssssshhhhh :angel: truely... Hah!

Alex
November 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Sorry... SBR will always be home. :o

I know, Andy's got something good going on over there. :thumbup:

BlueTyke
November 20th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I know, Andy's got something good going on over there. :thumbup:

He does. And he can enjoy it.

To be honest I shouldn't be checking it as much as I do... I am getting very homesick.. :(

It will get worse now that the cold has set in. Seeing all the fun smiling rides.. Missing them when I know I would have so been there then also not being able to get out myself... Geography. It matters.

kkim
November 20th, 2008, 07:07 PM
... Geography. It matters.
lol... yes, it does. :)

sorry and glad to hear about Tyke. Hope the repair goes smoothly and he's back in tip top shape come next riding season. Bundle up... it's going to be a long cold winter. :sleep:

TheDuck
November 20th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Bundle up... it's going to be a long cold winter. :sleep:

Not just any cold.... FRIGGIN' COLD!

BlueTyke
November 20th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Not just any cold.... FRIGGIN' COLD!

I am also emphasizing it because I am used to nice slightly chilly weather. These last few days have just been so... interesting. I look out my window and the sun is shining! You would expect it then to be warm but then you step outside and BAM! Winter right up in your face! Burrrrr

If it is getting worse... You think they will let me be an assistant from home? :D

kkim
November 20th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I am also emphasizing it because I am used to nice slightly chilly weather. These last few days have just been so... interesting. I look out my window and the sun is shining! You would expect it then to be warm but then you step outside and BAM! Winter right up in your face! Burrrrr

If it is getting worse... You think they will let me be an assistant from home? :D

lol... better right in your face than :asshat:

BlueTyke
November 20th, 2008, 07:40 PM
lol... better right in your face than :asshat:

doh! Yes this is true....

TheDuck
November 20th, 2008, 08:17 PM
:: sings ::

Jack Frost nosing... at your nips...

You haven't experienced FRIGGIN' COLD until you have ridden in -17°F. At that temperature, your breath fogs inside your helmet and freezes INSTANTLY on contact. You will find yourself looking out the side of your helmet. Bad news!

Ahh the stupid things we do as teenagers!

BlueTyke
November 20th, 2008, 08:49 PM
:: sings ::

Jack Frost nosing... at your nips...

You haven't experienced FRIGGIN' COLD until you have ridden in -17°F. At that temperature, your breath fogs inside your helmet and freezes INSTANTLY on contact. You will find yourself looking out the side of your helmet. Bad news!

Ahh the stupid things we do as teenagers!

I grew up wise. I learn from the experiences of others.

Alex
November 20th, 2008, 09:13 PM
You haven't experienced FRIGGIN' COLD until you have ridden in -17°F.

I can't imagine! I've ridden in 118°F coming into Death Valley, but I think the coldest I've ever ridden in is in the low 30's or maybe high 20's for a very short while. We Californians, even transplants from cold-weather places like me, have our blood run thin after a few months out here and we're ruined for life. I'll put on heated gear if it gets down to the low 50's. :becky:

Sailariel
November 21st, 2008, 12:56 PM
Went to Bangor to see my father-in-law who was in the hospital. The ride is 40 miles one way. It was 19 degrees F. The faceshield did freeze up some. I was told that the Ninja would be fussy about starting in the cold. No problem.