View Full Version : Until next time..

ninja250
August 14th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Fixed this one up and let it go too cheap while busy with work and a car..
Will miss you baby. :crazyloco: The times were all good, never bad.

You made me Sh*t bricks. :confused40:

I made you conform to my every command. :beatdeadhorse:

I rode you out of my limits, and you still treated me well, yet again. :thumbup: We were as one and a team.. and now are torn apart.

I will see you again in a reincarnated form. Just as before you and now will be after! I'm gonna need another freeway bike because the ninja is going low gear!

Here's how it looked when I bought it, bumpy jerking rotos and all...
No mirrors, crap blinkers, brakes made the bike vibrate into the ground, bolts were falling out.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/IMG_0738.jpg

Here's how it looked when I fixed it up and rode it.
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac106/reptilemantis/12.jpg

Here's how it looked when I sold it.
New race rotors and padsand , $200 in stock brand new blinkers, new $600 rear fairing, K&N, levers, all kinds of TLC and custom fender eliminator etc etc. Lots of replaced stuf like proken brake reservoirs and perches that I fixed you cant see. Grips, tons of mechanic work to get it all adjusted properly again and lots of wait time ordering stuff.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/IMG_0897-1.jpg
:eek: :violin:

Every time I go look at the new bikes I remember my old ones.
Perhaps one day, I'll be responsible enough to roll a new one off the lot again.
If that day ever comes, you guys just might not see me again :D
It's obvious for now at least, I don't deserve it in one way or another.
Some day.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/IMG_0328.jpg

ninja250
August 14th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I need another GSXR. :rolleyes: you'd have to have owned one to understand.
It's like feigning for a cigarette. That's one habit I was able to kick. Still crave the Suzi.
Don't worry, I'm still keeping my ninja..
..and will have another GSXR eventually.

Honko
August 14th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Those white 600's are gorgeous.

ninja250
August 14th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Color matters not. You can have any bike any color if you love it enough.
Get the black ones, they are always discounted because everyone wants the signature Suzi-Blue/White.

It's all in how they feel.
I want a 750 or 1K next time.

They're cheap if you go far enough back in years..
It's rebuilding them from what the previous owners did(or didn't) that gets expensive.

Learn how to ride one of those and you can do some amazing things.

Werehusky
August 15th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Nice, when did you sell it?

ninja250
August 15th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Early this year.

Be careful when you buy used.
Bring the bike home, strip it down and rebuild it. lol
Account for doing so into the price of purchasing your used bikes.
I turned that thing into a nice ride, but never got the original gold wheels back to normal with the silver paint on there like that from the earlier owners..

the idiot dremeled all the black off to make everything silver and non shiney polished look too.

You can't see the original cowls I bought up front on the wheel and some of the other things I did to it. I had to bid against peopel to get original parts for that thing. The new rear fairing ordered straight from Japan. $600 right there alone.

Need me another old jixxer to rebuild and tinker with.
Will have to wait a while.

I can't wait until the 2005's and up are "old" and only cost $2000 from an old guy who never dropped it and over changed all the oil. Fat chance in Southern Cali..

Every GSXR you find used down here is $4000-$5000 and been dropped more than once. Hard to be picky when you're sitting on a few thousand ready to buy, but you gotta take your time and pick a straight frame bike with straight wheels and forks and the rest you can fix. I like the high mileage bikes over the dropped bikes but I usually get a mix of both. haha

If I ever do get a new one, I'm gonna ride it 5mph and baby it and let it sleep in my bed.
I learned my lesson when I crashed my new ninja. =P

alex.s
August 16th, 2011, 12:47 AM
you should buy a really old yami. they've got soul. plus they never die. goonies never say die!

.. or a cb750. cafe racer baby yeah!

ninja250
August 16th, 2011, 03:45 AM
GSXR or bust. :thumbup: