You'll never guess how this ends. :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81768713/

Alex: Embed if possible...

SpeedDemon
August 19th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Holy s**t i did not see that one coming at all

Alex
August 19th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Pretty amazing, it doesn't appear real to me, but at that resolution it's hard to tell. Cars don't explode like that without alot of help.

Can't embed it easily without setting up additional code for ebaum; but let me know when it shows up one youtube (if it hasn't already), and it will be very easy to link at that point...

Racer x
August 19th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I just cant see how you could fake that.
But I have never seen a car explode like that. I have seen plenty of cars burn. The tires go bang ,The glass pops . But the gas tank will sorta erupt is a big fire ball. That looked like an explosive to me.Or maybe he had gas cans inside the car for a lawnmower or something.He was FLYING down the street that is for sure. I also did not see anyone get out of the car, I cant tell who was at fault though. I would guess the big divided street was the main street . And the car crossing did not stop. So to me it was the other drivers fault. Sad but I think driver died in that one.

cerberusrex25
August 19th, 2011, 12:10 PM
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE, nice use of after effects and low quality video though. How to know is fake? Aside form the awkward movement of the models, if that was my bike that got hit I would be flipping out like nobody's business.

alex.s
August 19th, 2011, 03:18 PM
fake. look at the reaction of the environment the trees shifting looks pretty fake. and especially the movement of the bike. things don't just go from moving 60 mph after getting hit by a car to sitting still on it's side not moving. the bike is what gives it away. also the bike would be toast... that bike looks like its fine just sitting on its side

Honko
August 19th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Being fake aside, it was pretty well done. Even with the bad reaction of the bike to the accident (not just how it lays flat afterwards, but it would have been completely obliterated, not in the pretty fantastic shape it was in) it was still pretty believable.....but then the flames poured out and the car exploded. Like Alex already mentioned, it takes a lot of help chemically or environmentally for a car to explode like that.

Incredibly well done either way.

MotoED
August 20th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Fake! But have to agree that it was really well made. Bike would of been obliterated if struck like that from a car coming that fast. Trippy video tho.

nickadolph
August 20th, 2011, 02:40 AM
The smartest thing they did with the video was to make it really low res. Then you really have to second guess if it's really a fake. If this was shot in hd I don't think would get a second look.

Racer x
August 20th, 2011, 02:59 AM
I guess they fool me.I can't figure out how to toss a car down the street. The brick work was not smashed . The bike is in one piece so I guess it is fake.I just can't figure out how they did it.

Kevin2109
August 20th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Yeah its fake, but holly ****!!

Bushmaster11B
August 20th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Pretty amazing, it doesn't appear real to me, but at that resolution it's hard to tell. Cars don't explode like that without alot of help.

Can't embed it easily without setting up additional code for ebaum; but let me know when it shows up one youtube (if it hasn't already), and it will be very easy to link at that point...

maybe he was delivering propane tanks... they can cause an explosion like that easiely... never know, could have been a damn insurgent taking out ninjas LMAo

Cuongism
August 20th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Mythbusters did some myths about cars exploding. They've tried shooting gas tanks, driving cars off cliffs, etc to make them explode, but they never did. Just mostly burn...

Mocha Man
August 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Cool, but fake. I hate to sound like a troll but for someone who is into video editing it's fairly clear this isn't real.

TheMojoRider
August 20th, 2011, 09:00 PM
That bike needs a fender eliminator.

Skippii
August 20th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I have seen a vehicle on fire containing two full 20-lb propane tanks. They can and do explode.

ninja_sleeper
August 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM

LOL

Agreed.

bdavison
August 22nd, 2011, 12:55 PM
Ive pulled people out of burning cars....I call fake too.

For one, had that car actually hit the ninja at that speed...the ninja would have pretty much been turned back into a parts bin tossed down the sidewalk. And two....cars will not explode like that. They just burn. An explosion like that is either aftereffects post processing, or about 20 gallons of gas with some detcord.

Racer x
August 22nd, 2011, 04:11 PM
I have seen a vehicle on fire containing two full 20-lb propane tanks. They can and do explode.

I bet you got in trouble for that. Was the dog OK?:p

ninja250
August 22nd, 2011, 06:20 PM

Lol don't worry the fender was eliminated.:doh:

Nemesis
August 25th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I luv me some fakes!

Skippii
August 25th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I bet you got in trouble for that. Was the dog OK?:p Lol! That was actually at Woostock '99, right after Megadeth's set, so I was pretty deaf, but damn was that a loud blast. It was one of the food vending vehicles, hence the tanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

akima
August 29th, 2011, 04:41 AM
For a moment I thought it might have been real, but maybe they just sped up the footage during the crash... but then the car exploded... FAKEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quite fun though! :D

Ktaylor07
September 6th, 2011, 07:43 PM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh97VUOCaL6vHw5Kkr

If this is fake, the creator did a really good visual effects job. Just thought I'd post cuz I randomy ran across it and it features a 250!!

Alex
September 6th, 2011, 07:44 PM
/merged with other thread

Ktaylor07
September 6th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I didn't even see that it was already posted...my bad haha

Alex
September 6th, 2011, 08:37 PM
No worries. :)

Heed
September 6th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Looks super fake but yeah, I'd be furious.

Gurk
September 7th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Fake but cool :)
Here's someone i really respect for digital FX.

_LPoUbFnsKk

CZroe
September 7th, 2011, 03:47 AM
All the other reasons aside, the fact that they anticipated something that doesn't happen and then it happened makes it obviously fake. That's the way my brother put it when he first came across it weeks ago and told me about it.

Michaeldphotography
September 7th, 2011, 03:41 PM
lol i was gonna post too then I saw it was posted. Ok so im wondering what part of this do yall think is fake? The accident def looked real, 2 cars got smashed up at high speed. the bike getting tossed did look about right it only got hit on the back tire got flipped over and fell on its side. the car def exploded. So if it was fake they spent alot of money on a public street cause that was a really expensive stunt or are you guys saying that its video effects? Even if video effects that took heck of alot of time and resources. Im thinking may be real. That dude just barely got out of the way it looked like. If it was real i would not have been looking at the bike i would have been freaking out that someone just died.

Alex
September 7th, 2011, 03:44 PM
There are a pile of reasons it is fake, but we can start with these:

- bike would be demolished, not just lying on its side
- explosion isn't anything like what happens in "non-movie" car explosions
- them filming in the first place, with the expectation that something was just about to happen, and the timing being just right to capture the crash, the explosion, and the goofy responses by the guy in frame

CZroe
September 7th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Their responses were pretty formulaic/scripted sounding as well.

Gurk
September 8th, 2011, 04:43 AM
lol i was gonna post too then I saw it was posted. Ok so im wondering what part of this do yall think is fake? The accident def looked real, 2 cars got smashed up at high speed. the bike getting tossed did look about right it only got hit on the back tire got flipped over and fell on its side. the car def exploded. So if it was fake they spent alot of money on a public street cause that was a really expensive stunt or are you guys saying that its video effects? Even if video effects that took heck of alot of time and resources. Im thinking may be real. That dude just barely got out of the way it looked like. If it was real i would not have been looking at the bike i would have been freaking out that someone just died.

Have you watched Transformers? Those robots look pretty damn real. It's just visual effects. Click my siggy and watch MTV ident. It's super newbie VFX thingy I did when I first started getting into it. Its very obviously fake but you get the idea. imagine what a person with 5 years in it can do. You can model and light an exact replica of those vehicles pretty easily (in a day or 2) if you know what you're doing. And this video is low quality and fast (motion blur) so you can hide things fairly easily.

Anyway... When you have a trained eye and know what computers and people are capable of, you can easily tell this is fake.

ahenthus
September 22nd, 2011, 08:22 AM
I've never seen this before and could not figure out how to link it here. It is a short video of a blue new gen being crashed (nobody aboard) by an SUV in a foreign country. I will forward the email to someone if they'll post it. PM me and I'll get it to you pronto. Forgive me if this has been shown before, but a quick search did not reveal any previous posts.

Lurkable
September 22nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
I believe you're referring to this ACIDENTE - FOI FECHADO NO CRUZAMENTO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whg5gZuTn2E)

It's fake though. No way a car travelling at that speed would just bounce off a post like that. Also the bike flies about 10 feet in the air and then stops dead, pretty unrealistic.

sombo
September 22nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
I remember that one. I think it has been posted on here, just not sure what it was titled as though. Yah, you can see it's fake and where they did the digital effects. Not badly done for amateurs though.

massacremasses
September 22nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
I believe you're referring to this ACIDENTE - FOI FECHADO NO CRUZAMENTO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whg5gZuTn2E)

It's fake though. No way a car travelling at that speed would just bounce off a post like that. Also the bike flies about 10 feet in the air and then stops dead, pretty unrealistic.

I lol'd so hard. That does not look real in the least...

ahenthus
September 22nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks, my bad.

Kurgan
September 22nd, 2011, 09:55 AM
There's no damage at all to the bike on the ground, and the explosion that only goes UP and not out is clearly fake.

Jiggles
September 22nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
I would be so proud of myself if I could make a video like that :thumbup:

massacremasses
September 22nd, 2011, 11:41 AM
I would be so proud of myself if I could make a video like that :thumbup:

word. Its good.

but the physics are what give it away.

Alex
September 22nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
/merged

akima
September 22nd, 2011, 01:05 PM
I've never seen this before and could not figure out how to link it here. It is a short video of a blue new gen being crashed (nobody aboard) by an SUV in a foreign country. I will forward the email to someone if they'll post it. PM me and I'll get it to you pronto. Forgive me if this has been shown before, but a quick search did not reveal any previous posts.

An incredibly simple way to share a video here is to simply copy the URL from the address bar of your browser and paste it into the text box where you type your forum post. The forum will automatically make the URL click-able so anyone can visit the page which has the video on it.

The URL in the address bar might look something like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whg5gZuTn2E

The address bar is labelled in this image:
http://www.vista4beginners.com/files/img/ie7/ie7_1.jpg

Lil_Green_Demon
September 22nd, 2011, 09:28 PM
I can't believe I missed this video the whole time. :lol:
It was clearly fake, but that was some good editing.

Heed
September 23rd, 2011, 11:01 AM
Fake but cool :)
Here's someone i really respect for digital FX.

_LPoUbFnsKk

any idea what the fourth car is?

i see a jeep, mustang, camaro and a ???

sombo
September 23rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
any idea what the fourth car is?

i see a jeep, mustang, camaro and a ???

The video title itself even says what it is, a vaz 2107. I've never heard of them so I looked it up and found this: Vaz 2107. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lada_Riva)

Seems it's a Russian car that is also sold in Europe.

Lil_Green_Demon
September 28th, 2011, 09:58 PM
BTW, I can't remember the name of this video, but on youtube, there is a video of the real crash. It's obvious the guy who made this video just edited it to add the two cars crashing, which is real footage, but not from this exact vid. In the real vid, they nearly took out a passerby and crashed into a pole.

jonthechron
October 22nd, 2011, 08:28 PM
http://www.bikerpunks.com/mediaviewer/3256/sick-special-effects-of-a-crash.html

massacremasses
October 22nd, 2011, 08:29 PM
embed fail

jonthechron
October 22nd, 2011, 08:32 PM
yeah, embed didnt work, but i linked it

Alex
October 22nd, 2011, 08:35 PM
/threads merged

CZroe
October 22nd, 2011, 11:38 PM
http://www.bikerpunks.com/mediaviewer/3256/sick-special-effects-of-a-crash.html

Uhh, no one died.

"footage recorded with canon T2i, VFX with 3ds max, fumefx, vray, pftrack, nuke, after effects used for rotoscoping only, and some stock footage for fire was used as well."

VFX = "Visual Effects"
3ds max = 3D Studio Max, a CGI (Computer Generated Imagery) software tool
after effects = Adobe AfterEffects, a powerful video editing program often used to rotoscoping lightsaber and other overlay effects.
stock footage = pre-recorded footage taken from a "stock" (library) of prerecorded footage.