View Full Version : Ninja hit/run-over, possibly totaled - questions about total-loss

SOCL
August 20th, 2011, 06:29 AM
So last Saturday my neighbor backed his 4Runner into and maybe even partly over my bike (I wasn't home at the time). I just received the estimate in my email from the shop, which is just a little under $1,000 away from the cost of a brand-new Ninja 250R - in fact, on the phone, the fellow doing the estimate said he thought the bike was a total loss. I'm now waiting on my neighbor's insurance company, State Farm, to send out their adjuster on Tuesday to examine the estimate.

So the more experienced folks, or perhaps those who have been through this, what can I expect? This is my very first bike, a 2011. I bought it in June of this year and didn't even reach 300 miles when it was hit. The cost of the estimate for repair is certainly less than a new 250, but if they declare it a loss, what can I expect? Will they write out a check only equal to the amount of the repairs or will they pay out for a new bike? I'm also thinking about all those "hidden fees", like the freight costs, handling and safety checks, the taxes at the time of purchase, processing fees, all of which added an additional $940 or so to the bike's cash price (I'm literally reading it right off the receipt). Does the insurance company pay for these as well?

I certainly realize that the insurance company's purpose is to pay me the minimum costs it possibly can, it being a business after all, and it will likely reference Kelley Blue Book for the cost of the motorcycle. My concern is that the bike is otherwise essentially brand-new with less than 300 miles. Does this factor into State Farm's consideration?

Finally, I also added Shogun frame sliders and swing-arm sliders to the bike. Is this something I'll need to fight to get back from these since they are, apparently, undamaged? These weren't particularly cheap either...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

EsrTek
August 20th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I haven't dealt w a motorcycle loss, but when it comes to cars, if it's 'totaled' they usually give you the full value. Also do not wait on his or deal with his insurance company, go through your own. They will go after his insurance and more than likely get you a better deal.

Personally, I wouldn't accept the bike repaired in this case, the frame may be bent.
I would push for a new bike!

nickjpass
August 20th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Try to get a 2012 Ninja! Or a 2011 again! Either one is great :p

Live2ride
August 20th, 2011, 11:16 AM
If you kept all your reciepts for the shogun stuff then they should cover that too. Sorry to hear about your bike :(.

Cuongism
August 20th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I have Progressive which has free $3k accessory coverage (gear, mods, and farkles), but not sure about other companies. With cars at least, when it's totaled it is for the value of the car which does not necessarily include fees/freight.

I also agree with dealing with your own company. They should cut you a check and they'll handle the transaction with the other insurance company.

SOCL
August 20th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately at this point the matter regarding insurance companies is a bit moot: I followed my dad and my boss's advice on the insurance company and went through my neighbor's insurance company (State Farm) rather than my own (Progressive), despite having initially opened a claim with Progressive...

When they cut checks for total-loss, so it the cost of the vehicle new, Kelley Blue Book, or the amount paid at the time of purchase? I only wonder because these values can all differ wildly.

I really want to get another 2011, but I'm going back-and-forth with the possibility of getting an earlier year (2009, 2010) to save a little bit of cash and use the remainder to pay the debt I have for the bike (not a lien, thank goodness).

bluepoof
August 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
When they cut checks for total-loss, so it the cost of the vehicle new, Kelley Blue Book, or the amount paid at the time of purchase? I only wonder because these values can all differ wildly.

In California, it's approximately blue book. My husband's V-Strom was just totaled after having a short encounter with a ditz in a minivan, and the check is for just about blue book plus age-deprecated cost of gear.

SOCL
August 21st, 2011, 05:16 AM
In California, it's approximately blue book. My husband's V-Strom was just totaled after having a short encounter with a ditz in a minivan, and the check is for just about blue book plus age-deprecated cost of gear.
That's what concerns me since the bike is essentially brand-new, but the blue book value is not even close to enough to replace it with a new one or one of equal (used) value... :(

TheMojoRider
August 21st, 2011, 09:13 AM
That's what concerns me since the bike is essentially brand-new, but the blue book value is not even close to enough to replace it with a new one or one of equal (used) value... :(

Make this argument when speaking with the insurance company. Get them quotes new and used to show them what the true market price is.

etiainen
August 21st, 2011, 01:34 PM
Sadly, brand new bikes deprecate after purchase:/ I guess you could try to convince the insurance people that you think it's worth more, but they'll try and pay out the least they can...

Skippii
August 21st, 2011, 02:34 PM
I've totally two bikes, both with Progressive insurance.
Progressive declared both a total loss, mostly because of scratches that I really could not care less about. They were incredibly helpful. I got a great deal when I bought my DL1000, so they actually paid me more for it than I paid to buy it. They paid me full price for all the accessories I'd put on it (Heated grips, tank bra, etc), and well as full price for stuff anything that would be considered an upgrade... like replacing the stock chain with an X-ring 530, or replacing a bad RR with one that has more power.

Additionally, for the V-strom, I'd ordered a full 3-piece GIVI luggage set just before my trip off a cliff. When the adjuster arrived, I had the set there, still in boxes. Adjuster told me that even though I didn't even have them when the bike went down, he'd still pay me 100% of what I paid for the cases. I opted not to do that, since I knew I'd be getting other bikes and wanted luggage for them, too, but I was amazed at the service Progressive gave me. I can't really comment on your situation, other than to say that if you have a chance to use Progressive's insurance, TAKE IT.

SOCL
August 22nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hmm...perhaps I should have gone through Progressive... :(
Has anybody had experience with State Farm?

Somebody mentioned to me that there might be a statute somewhere that provides for a brand-new bike if the bike is totaled within a certain period of time. I mean, I only got the bike in late June, and it's now not even September...

YORCHI
August 22nd, 2011, 04:21 PM
They will tell you they can only give you this much because that's how much your bike is worth so you're going to have to fight with them a bit and tell them it's not enough to replace your bike. You might have to threaten with a lawyer or other things. You can try telling them that instead of paying you, you'd rather have them replace the bike with another brand new 2011 since that is what yours is or one with 300 miles and you won't take anything less.

EsrTek
August 22nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Don't know if State Farm has a separate side for motorcycles from cars, like my Nationwide (I think Allstate is the same too).

My wife dealt w State Farm Ins claims for a Ford dealer body shop. Her thoughts are state farm will pay out just fine, it's just getting them to actually do their jobs and get the paperwork done.

Remember do NOT sign **** unless you are 100% happy w settlement!!! If they don't offer you enough to pay off the bike, or just out-right replace it (which I think they will..might even get a 2012). Then go through your Insurance and provide them w all the info on current SF claim. Let them replace the bike and go after SF for their money, while you ride.

PS- I think you will be riding on a new bike within 7 days to 14 days from claim fully submitted.

SOCL
August 22nd, 2011, 05:37 PM
Don't know if State Farm has a separate side for motorcycles from cars, like my Nationwide (I think Allstate is the same too).

My wife dealt w State Farm Ins claims for a Ford dealer body shop. Her thoughts are state farm will pay out just fine, it's just getting them to actually do their jobs and get the paperwork done.

Remember do NOT sign **** unless you are 100% happy w settlement!!! If they don't offer you enough to pay off the bike, or just out-right replace it (which I think they will..might even get a 2012). Then go through your Insurance and provide them w all the info on current SF claim. Let them replace the bike and go after SF for their money, while you ride.

PS- I think you will be riding on a new bike within 7 days to 14 days from claim fully submitted.
This makes me feel much better. :) Especially the prospect of getting a new one or even a 2012. :thumbup:

To add insult to injury, my new plates just came in for the bike - lol.

Do you think they will allow me to take the frame and swing-arm sliders off the bike, or is this something I'll need to get them to pay for?

Skippii
August 22nd, 2011, 06:43 PM
This makes me feel much better. :) Especially the prospect of getting a new one or even a 2012. :thumbup:

To add insult to injury, my new plates just came in for the bike - lol.

Do you think they will allow me to take the frame and swing-arm sliders off the bike, or is this something I'll need to get them to pay for?

I'm pretty sure if you ask an insurance company to NOT cover and NOT pay for something, they'll be very happy to accomodate your request! :D

SOCL
August 23rd, 2011, 03:52 AM
I'm pretty sure if you ask an insurance company to NOT cover and NOT pay for something, they'll be very happy to accomodate your request! :DA very good point. :p

The adjuster will be visiting the shop today to look over the estimate and will get back to me either this evening or tomorrow morning. I'll keep everybody updated...

LoD575
August 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
I have State Farm but have not had to file any claims against my insurance. I was informed to keep any receipts for upgrades/mods done to the bike in case it's involved in a crash.

I have never had any issues with my local agent or office staff, a lot more helpful then other agencies in my local area.

ichibunkid.206
August 23rd, 2011, 06:05 PM

The bike is still your property, up until the time the insurance company issues you a check, and you sign paperwork releasing any and all interest in the MC.

You should be able to pretty much take any aftermarket part off the bike, but as an example... if you had say Pazzo levers, or Area-P exhaust and you wanted them and took them off, you would have to replace them with the stock part or something similar.

Only thing I would recommend is to do so before the adjuster see's the bike, and list them.. Only reason I say this is that if the adjuster see's them and gives you a salvage cost based on those items being on the bike, you take them off and he notices that they are no longer on the bike, the adjuster may reduce the salvage price the insurance will pay you.

CharlieBucket
August 30th, 2011, 10:07 AM
This actually brings up a potentially valuable point - If you have progressive, you can add New Vehicle Replacement to your policy within the year it was purchased for about $10 a month (based on my policy - I'm sure that varies depending on the options you select). This policy means that if your bike gets totalled within four years of purchase, it will be replaced outright with the same model of the current year. Obviously, that doesn't help with your accident, but if you have a brand new bike, it's worth the extra money to protect your investment.

SOCL
August 31st, 2011, 04:57 AM
So State Farm is no refusing the pay for damage to the right side of the motorcycle (where the 4Runner struck it) and some of the damage to the left side. Why?

Well, I figured this would happen, but this is what you get for being honest: I told them I had some prior damage on the right side from a crash. The damage from the crash is isolated to road rash near on the top right cowling and the muffler. Well, it appears that because I mentioned this to them, they are discounting all damage on the right side, including the grapefruit-sized dent in the fuel tank where the 4Runner either ran its tire over the bike or the hitch smacked into it.

That's what I get for being honest...

Then because of that they now claim that there was prior damage to the left side, which there is none! The aforementioned crash resulting on my dropping the bike exclusively on the right side; the left side, on the other hand, has never been damaged until their customer struck my motorcycle and tipped it onto that side... Now they are refusing the pay for repairing the kickstand, repairing the "kill-switch" mechanism that kills the engine when you put the kickstand down, and refusing to pay for the damage to the gearshift! (see the attachment below)

It's a little hard to tell from this angle, but the gearshift is bent underneath the rest of the mechanism so I can't even shift gears! Hell, State Farm, in fact, is paying for a trailer I had to rent to tow the motorcycle to the shop, but not paying for the damage to the gearshift. To make it worse, they are willing to pay for damages caused to the left fender, the left handlebar, the left handlebar weight, the entire left fairing, and the left forward turn-signal, but not the gearshift and kickstand! :confused:

After fighting with them this whole time and stressing over this, I have taken my fiancee's and my father's advice and just taken the check they are willing to write. I feel disgusting doing this since they owe for much more, but it's also apparent they're going to be jackasses about those whole affair and aren't willing to reexamine the damage. In any event, my father says he will repair the bike for free (he's retired, so he needs something to do - lol) and that the check, though it doesn't cover all the parts and labor in a shop, should more than cover all the parts if we buy them online.

So here's my next major question: where should I go if I want to purchase new fairings (all of it) for my 2011, as well as a new gearshift, new forward fender, and new tail bracket?

CynicalC
August 31st, 2011, 05:19 AM

Each insurance company has a different way of calculating values. They aren't based on blue book value but DMV records of what similar cars have been selling for in your area for the past x months. Ironic because most people save money on taxes by reporting a false buying price to the DMV, then get screwed in the end with the car gets totaled because their records are skewed.

SOCL
August 31st, 2011, 05:24 AM
Oh, and if you didn't pick up on it, although the shop where I took the bike recommended the bike be considered a total loss, State Farm thinks very differently...

Mazakawi
August 31st, 2011, 09:30 PM
It really sucks that they are stiffing you for all the damage. If you believe they should be paying you more I'd take them to court or go after your neighbor for it.

As soon as you found out what happened you should've made 2 calls:

1. Local Police to have a report of what happened.
2. YOUR Insurance company.

Never trust the other person's insurance. That company is out to pay as little as possible while protecting their client. They don't give a damn about you or your bike.

Your insurance company on the other hand likely would've totaled the bike and gotten a new one for you. They are interested in you. You pay them every month so they are going to do what they can to keep you as a customer. Even if that means paying out the full price of the bike and then going after somebody else to recoup their costs.

Live2ride
August 31st, 2011, 09:42 PM
It really sucks that they are stiffing you for all the damage. If you believe they should be paying you more I'd take them to court or go after your neighbor for it.

As soon as you found out what happened you should've made 2 calls:

1. Local Police to have a report of what happened.
2. YOUR Insurance company.

Never trust the other person's insurance. That company is out to pay as little as possible while protecting their client. They don't give a damn about you or your bike.

Your insurance company on the other hand likely would've totaled the bike and gotten a new one for you. They are interested in you. You pay them every month so they are going to do what they can to keep you as a customer. Even if that means paying out the full price of the bike and then going after somebody else to recoup their costs.

+1 Sorry that this situation ended up like this. We all live and learn. Goodluck with the repairs. :thumbup:

n4mwd
September 1st, 2011, 05:04 AM
Sorry this happened to your bike. Here are the facts....

The insurance company will try to scam you.

That's pretty much it.

Remember that YOU are entitled to 100% of the cost to repair or replace your property damaged by another including ALL taxes and fees. The insurance company will likely have the right to decide if its totaled or not. However, you are better off if the bike is totaled because you don't know how much hidden damage is done that you wont find out about until months later.

If the bike is that bad off, insist that they replace it with a new 2011 bike. Any other year is a stretch.

If the neighbor's insurance company says anything like "We only pay this much..." or "Our policy is to only pay for..." then just say "That's OK, I'll just sue the neighbor for the damages."

If dealing with the other guy's insurance, remember that his insurance company does not owe you one cent - the neighbor does. They didn't back over your bike - the neighbor did. They are simply under contract to cover his losses.

If you go through your own insurance company, you have to take what they give you - and pay a deductible.

Don't accept piecemeal checks. Sometimes they will come by and say "Here is a $100 check for the paint job. We are still working on the rest." But on the fine print on the back of the check says something like "By cashing this check, you agree that we don't owe you anything more."

So good luck and stand your ground.

PS- The neighbor's insurance also has to provide you with a rental vehicle if you need if for main transportation. That is irregardless of whether or not you have rental coverage. The same is true about necessary towing.

SOCL
September 1st, 2011, 06:33 AM
Thanks, everybody, for the advice! Ironically my first instinct had been to call the police for a report, but Fairfax County Police declined to come to scene unless my neighbor did not contact me or his insurance company refused to cover it. My second instinct after that had been to call my insurance company, Progressive, which I did, but after talking to my dad and boss, who advised me to not do that and go through my neighbor's company, I switched gears.

In both instances, particularly the second one, I should have followed my gut... Next time I won't let other people butt in so much goddamn advice. Live and learn, I suppose...

In any event, my dad and I have pulled the bike out of the shop where they did the estimate and brought it home. I accepted the payment from State Farm (about $1240), as well as payment for the rental of the Uhaul trailer to tow the bike and the cost of my Dowco cover and will rebuild the bike myself, to save some cash.

So I have purchased flush-mount front turn signals (which I actually already had ready to install before this guy hit the bike), new OEM muffler covers (top and bottom), new OEM gearshift pedal, new OEM mirrors, and, per Little_Ghost's recommendation (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74350&page=2), DHGate fairings. Sure the fairings won't be OEM, but I'm not particularly concerned since it appears many folks buy these fairings and are quite pleased. I, myself, cannot tell the difference.

In any event, doing all the labor myself (well, actually, my dad volunteered to do it for free, being an Army retiree with a lot of time on his hands...) and buying parts at discount rates online, I will be saving more than half the check State Farm is writing me. It's sort of my way of sticking it to State Farm, even if they didn't pay me everything they should have...

n4mwd
September 1st, 2011, 07:14 AM
Sorry to hear they scammed you like that. $1240 is just about enough to cover the cost of new fairings. If the bike was actually run over, as opposed to just being knocked down, then you are probably also looking at frame/fork damage too.

SOCL
September 1st, 2011, 08:21 AM
Sorry to hear they scammed you like that. $1240 is just about enough to cover the cost of new fairings. If the bike was actually run over, as opposed to just being knocked down, then you are probably also looking at frame/fork damage too.
They don't seem to think the bike was run over entirely, but that it became stuck under the rear bumper and hitch. The only inexplicable part is the grapefruit-sized bent in the fuel tank, which is where I had originally suspected the 4Runner had stood on the bike with a back tire. The shop where I took the bike, though, has stated there is no damage to the frame (thank god!).

Cuongism
September 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM
If you go through your own insurance company, you have to take what they give you - and pay a deductible.

Just an FYI, you don't have to pay a deductible if it's not your fault. They just go after the other party's insurance.

Jesse8931
September 1st, 2011, 01:59 PM
Whoa some very bad advice here. You should have contacted state farm asap file a claim. They will have you take it to a shop were the shop will charge you upfront around 250 they will include that 250 on the repair they then send it to state farm.

since va is a fault state they have to fix it or replace with in reason so if a dealer has a 2011 for 2k thats what you get.

n4mwd
September 1st, 2011, 03:38 PM
They don't seem to think the bike was run over entirely, but that it became stuck under the rear bumper and hitch. The only inexplicable part is the grapefruit-sized bent in the fuel tank, which is where I had originally suspected the 4Runner had stood on the bike with a back tire. The shop where I took the bike, though, has stated there is no damage to the frame (thank god!).

Still....

New Fuel tank (http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/3/Make/Kawasaki/YearID/51/Year/2010/ModelID/8489/Model/Ninja_250R_%28EX250-JAF%29/GroupID/407998/Group/Fuel_Tank) $460

You may also have damage to your shifter, brake levers and turn signals. Plastics are pretty cheap on the newgen so you may be in luck there.

The sad thing is that this mess happened after only 300 miles. Plastics can be repaired sometimes, but if they need painting, they never seem to look right unless you have a black or grey bike.

Skippii
September 2nd, 2011, 02:18 AM
Have you called progressive yet????

SOCL
September 2nd, 2011, 05:03 AM
I think a lot of folks are getting confused about where the issue currently stands...

Everybody, the matter is already settled. I dealt with State Farm directly and more-or-less got screwed out of a great deal of the damage, just because the bike had some prior damage. As I said before (see posts 21 and 27), I have removed the bike from the shop and will be repairing it myself in order to save money. Rather than continue stressing and fighting, I accepted the check they cut and will repair the bike myself - the amount, although not written out for the purpose of covering all damages, can be made to cover all damages as long as I order the parts myself online and contribute the labor.

Based on the shop's estimate, there is no structural damage to the bike (frame or otherwise), which may indicate that the 4Runner did not run over the bike. That's good, though it doesn't explain the massive grapefruit-sized dent in the fuel tank... So essentially, based on the shop's estimate of damages, the bike sustained exclusively cosmetic damage. What I will therefore be doing is giving the back a "makeover": new plastics, new gear-shift pedal, new forward turn-signals, new mirrors. The fuel tank is bent in such a way that it's not incredibly unsightly, so I may hold off on replacing that for the time being as the structural integrity - as least according to the shop - has not been compromised.

Whoa some very bad advice here. You should have contacted state farm asap file a claim. They will have you take it to a shop were the shop will charge you upfront around 250 they will include that 250 on the repair they then send it to state farm.

since va is a fault state they have to fix it or replace with in reason so if a dealer has a 2011 for 2k thats what you get.Well, I went through State Farm, but the fact is that events did not work out as you described. I sent the bike to the shop, the shop prepared an estimate; then State Farm went to the shop, prepared their own estimate based on the shop's estimate. It was based on the estimate prepared by State Farm (not the shop) which State Farm paid out. The bill for the shop's estimate was not sent to State Farm, rather I had to pay that and subsequently submit it to State Farm for reimbursement.

n4mwd
September 2nd, 2011, 07:20 AM
I suggest you go ahead and replace the tank because you have a new bike and you want it to look like one. Don't let the insurance company con you into riding a beater bike.

Sometimes plastics aren't that bad and can be buffed out. Not sure about your bike.

Then, when you have it all fixed up, take a good dated photo of it from all angles. Keep ALL receipts for all your parts. Keep a log of all the work you do on it and the day it was done. That way you can prove its condition if you ever have to deal with another insurance company at a later date.

Believe me, the fact that there isn't going to be a receipt from a shop showing that it was fixed will be jumped on by the next insurance company. They will claim that you never fixed it this time and that there is no real new damage.

Insurance companies scam people for a living so that's why they are so good at it.

Jesse8931
September 2nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
So what was the shops estimate and what did they offer you if you are not happy dont cash the check.

ChaosFromAbove
September 2nd, 2011, 08:05 AM
damn...seeing that it's a 2011 they will prolly total it. My 2010 was totaled from a 20mph impact with a car. Bent the forks, and crushed some plastics.

SOCL
September 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM
So what was the shops estimate and what did they offer you if you are not happy dont cash the check.The shop was convinced it was totaled, but because the bike had some (minor, completely cosmetic) prior damage, State Farm killed any claims on the right side and many on the left. Bastards. Like n4mwd said: they scam people for a living - nothing but damned crooks.

In any event, I will certainly do as you recommended n4mwd and keep all the receipts. More than likely I will hold off on the tank for the moment as I would prefer to use any left over funds to pay off the remainder of the bike. After that (in about 9 months or so), I will start saving to replace the tank.

I'm actually going to be away for the next two-and-a-half weeks for my wedding and honeymoon. In the mean time my father will be shopping it and repairing it himself as he is a retired Army vet with nothing but tons of time on his hands. Hopefully when I get back the bike will be good as new, at which point I'll post some pics.

bluepoof
September 2nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
I'm actually going to be away for the next two-and-a-half weeks for my wedding and honeymoon.

Congrats!! :thumbup:

jonthechron
September 19th, 2011, 10:58 PM
my buddy works with insurance claims he hears only negative things about statefarm, why are you guys still with them?

Jinx250
September 20th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Actually, State Farm is pretty good if YOU are the one insured. I think ANY insurance company is going to look out for their best interest when someone files a claim against one of their customers.

Thereis a LOT of incorrect information in this thread. If you are in an accident, it is always best to file the claim thorugh your own insurance to get the max payout (and yes, you will have to pay the deductible, but you'll get that back). They will then recover that $$ from the other person's insurance.

SOCL
October 7th, 2011, 12:08 PM
So it's been a while now and I thought I would update for anyone interested, or just to keep myself from going crazy...

The fairings from DHGate arrived... Although I am certainly happy they worked out for Little_Ghost (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74350&page=2), they did not for me. Not only was it impossible to get them to fit without major modifications, but the quality of the plastic was cheap beyond compare. In fact, whilst trying to conduct said modifications, my dad and I managed to shattered part of one piece with a tiny Dremel and cracked another part. That's exactly $420 down the drain. :mad:

In any event, luckily I still have quite a bit of money left over from State Farm and decided to take the OEM fairings to a paint shop where they are now being lightly sanded, having the scratches and gouges filled in, and are being repainted. I wish I had thought to do this from the start since this came out to be $300 and I'm using the original parts, which are much higher quality than the crap from China... The fairings should be finished and ready for mounting early next week (Tuesday/Wednesday).

Everything else on the bike is like new, and I am now exploring doing some light modifications to my muffler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9sVn4ovkg8). The only down part is that my wife says the modded muffler in the video sounds like somebody farting. :rolleyes:

On a final note, the Ninja decals had to be removed. Although I could certainly replace them with news one, I was never a big fan of them to start with, and so I am presently considering replacement options:
-One is to slap a pair of vinyl Assassin's Creed decals (http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Vinyl-Decal-Sticker/dp/B005FA5W26/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=IT246PIGAX7CJ&colid=9F0MAHVFIMO7) on the sides, to match the license plate that says "Ezio."
-Another is to get custom vinyl decals that say "Ninja" in kanji (忍者) to go where the old decals were.
-Acquire a pair of custom vinyl decals that say "Assassin" in the same Kawasaki Ninja font as the old decals.
-Or, lastly, get a pair of custom vinyl decals that say "Assassin" in kanji (暗殺者) to go where the old "Ninja" decals were.

I may also do a combination of option 1 and option 3 or 4, moving the Assassin's Creed decals down on the fairing. I'm still mulling over this...

Does anybody know a good place to get custom decals for bikes?

Cuongism
October 7th, 2011, 01:59 PM
PM either CThunder-Blue or Kevins_garage. They both can do decals for you.

n4mwd
October 7th, 2011, 04:11 PM
The fairings from DHGate arrived... Although I am certainly happy they worked out for Little_Ghost (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74350&page=2), they did not for me. Not only was it impossible to get them to fit without major modifications, but the quality of the plastic was cheap beyond compare. In fact, whilst trying to conduct said modifications, my dad and I managed to shattered part of one piece with a tiny Dremel and cracked another part. That's exactly $420 down the drain. :mad:

So I'm thinking the "DHGate Buyer Protection" thing is BS then. Supposedly you have to approve the order saying that you are satisfied before they get paid. What happened with that?

As far as the body shop work, as long as they know how to work with ABS plastic and don't start filling it with fiberglass and polyester body fillers, you should be OK. You might also think about taking the gas tank to them for filling the dent with epoxy / glass bead fillers if you like their work.

As far as the decals, the dealer is insane and charges way too much for them. I don't know what you can get aftermarket, but I remember seeing an infomercial once where they were selling a little $200 machine (looked like an ink jet printer) that could be used to cut decals out of special decal paper. It came with software that could be connected to your computer. I don't remember the name of it, sorry. I know $200 is a lot, but its still cheaper than buying decals from the dealer.

Chubbs032
October 7th, 2011, 04:28 PM
lol at being honest....its an insurance company not a confession (just now read the whole thread)

SOCL
October 7th, 2011, 06:32 PM
PM either CThunder-Blue or Kevins_garage. They both can do decals for you.Yeah? I'll get in contact with them. Thanks! :thumbup:

So I'm thinking the "DHGate Buyer Protection" thing is BS then. Supposedly you have to approve the order saying that you are satisfied before they get paid. What happened with that? You sort of hit it right on the head.

As far as the decals, the dealer is insane and charges way too much for them. I don't know what you can get aftermarket, but I remember seeing an infomercial once where they were selling a little $200 machine (looked like an ink jet printer) that could be used to cut decals out of special decal paper. It came with software that could be connected to your computer. I don't remember the name of it, sorry. I know $200 is a lot, but its still cheaper than buying decals from the dealer.I think I am just going to go with aftermarket decals, especially since there's more variety and they tend to look better (hell, the DHGate decals looked significantly better than the Kawasaki ones - too bad the rest of their stuff was rubbish). I suppose traditional bumper sticker-like decals ought to work... :confused:

Cuongism
October 7th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I forgot to link CT's site.

www.modmy250.com

If you want custom ones, he can do that as well.

n4mwd
October 7th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I think I am just going to go with aftermarket decals, especially since there's more variety and they tend to look better (hell, the DHGate decals looked significantly better than the Kawasaki ones - too bad the rest of their stuff was rubbish). I suppose traditional bumper sticker-like decals ought to work... :confused:

I do hope you aren't serious about doing any future business with DHGate. I mean, you've heard the expression "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" right?

SOCL
October 7th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I do hope you aren't serious about doing any future business with DHGate. I mean, you've heard the expression "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" right?I don't think I said anywhere I was going to buy from DHGate again... :confused: I meant aftermarket decals (other than DHGate, such as the ones I linked above) rather than dealer/OEM decals. But to answer your question, no, I will never again buy from DHGate.