View Full Version : Friendly reminder how not to ride

TheMojoRider
August 26th, 2011, 11:14 PM
rlMbFlPzS24

I'm sure everyone remembers, but two things this video can remind us is not to lock the elbow and keep the weight off the arms :thumbup:

Live2ride
August 26th, 2011, 11:31 PM
His body positioning sucked. That's all I have to say.

Alex
August 27th, 2011, 07:59 AM
/moved to video section.

CC Cowboy
August 27th, 2011, 08:41 AM
That guy is a known professional stunt man and does this all the time, in front of the camera, just to freak people out.

Alex
August 27th, 2011, 08:43 AM
:)

Kevin2109
August 27th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Bad body position for sure! And hes riding a gsxr :o

Alex
August 27th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Yes, he's got bad body positioning. But it had very little to do with his crash. Like most crashes on the exit of that corner, it was poor throttle control. He rolls on just harder than the rear can take, spins it up enough to lose traction, realizes it too late to do anything about it, and the bike comes around on him.

Better body positioning would have made for slightly less lean angle and a small amount of better traction, but with the same throttle mistake it would have made for the same video anyway.

jamesio
August 27th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Yes, he's got bad body positioning. But it had very little to do with his crash. Like most crashes on the exit of that corner, it was poor throttle control. He rolls on just harder than the rear can take, spins it up enough to lose traction, realizes it too late to do anything about it, and the bike comes around on him.

Could that happen on our 250's? Or would that take a much larger twist of the wrist?

greg737
August 27th, 2011, 11:49 AM
As near as I can tell the root-cause of the mishap is that there were too many tattoos in the area.

Alex
August 27th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Could that happen on our 250's? Or would that take a much larger twist of the wrist?

Sure it could happen, but it would be less likely.