View Full Version : Stepped up to a 650r

matha028
August 28th, 2011, 12:34 AM
So it wasn't all on purpose. It started when a mini Cooper ran a red light and hit me. Totaled my ninjette. I'll post pix soon. Oh yeah did I tell u it was a hit and run. Let's just hope I don't come across him again. I mean red light running I can forgive, totaling my bike, I'm a nice guy I can forgive that too I guess. Not even stopping to see if he killed me. That pisses me off. I walked away from the accident with just some torn ligaments in my shoulder and bruised elbow. That's what the ER doc said. I drove myself there. So I start shopping around. I figure since i wanted a little more power from my 250 I would look at a 650. So I walk into the dealership I bought my 250 at and they make me a deal I could not walk away from. 2011 black 650r "used" (i say that with parentheses) because it has 6 miles on it. OTD $6600. I say umm yeah. So now I own a 650r. After insurance paid off my 250. I liked it put 4500 miles on it in the 2 months I had it. I'm sure I will love the 650 a little more :-)

KURT
August 28th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Good deal on the 650R. I have had great luck with mine.

alex.s
August 28th, 2011, 03:18 PM
:worthlesswithoutpic

r311music
August 28th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the ninja 650 party :partytime10:

I ended up doing the same as when I brought my 250 back to the dealer with some issues, the repair bill was about $500 since carbs are not covered in the extended warranty. While I was waiting for it to get fixed, they let me take out the 650, and it was pretty awesome. So now I have a 2009 Ninja 650r, lime green.

While I in way a sorta regret my decision, I think in the end I'll be happy with the 650. My only real issue is the handlebars, so I'm about to order the ninja650shop sport bars. I'm debating on trying to install them myself or let a shop take care of it.

choneofakind
August 31st, 2011, 01:32 PM
My only real issue is the handlebars, so I'm about to order the ninja650shop sport bars. I'm debating on trying to install them myself or let a shop take care of it.

I installed WC lowered risers on my bike. Dont worry about a thing. just take your time and make a note of where things are before you take it apart. :thumbup:

Reddoak
September 1st, 2011, 10:19 PM
Bah. Who wants a 650?

Oh yeah.

You good enough to go riding already? We can go Mini Cooper hunting...

matha028
September 1st, 2011, 10:35 PM
I hope so. Follow up doc appointment tomorrow morn. Then gotta go pick up the bike myself I think. They said now they can't deliver until Tuesday. So if I pick it up tomorrow and weather looks bad in plant city Sat and ok here, maybe then.LoL

squaregamer476
September 2nd, 2011, 12:57 AM
who the hell hits someone and runs away? your too nice. you should have an action camera. i just got a stealth recently

matha028
September 3rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah I wasn't too nice. I just wasn't in a position to see their plate. And I don't know if an action camera would have done much if anything

Reddoak
September 4th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Yeah I wasn't too nice. I just wasn't in a position to see their plate. And I don't know if an action camera would have done much if anything

Carry a loaded Desert Eagle.

That way the cops have an easy method of identifying the other car, as in: See that mini cooper over there with the hole in the block? That's the car, officer.

matha028
September 4th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Carry a loaded Desert Eagle.

That way the cops have an easy method of identifying the other car, as in: See that mini cooper over there with the hole in the block? That's the car, officer.

LoL that is funny! And now that I have a 650 I have a bike that can handle the extra weight :-)

Reddoak
September 4th, 2011, 01:23 PM
You need to update your motorcycle in your profile, and your signature...

matha028
September 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
That will require logging in on my actual computer :-(

caps
September 4th, 2011, 01:54 PM
iPad FTL!