View Full Version : Too much front brake.

Alex
August 30th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Just a little...

Q_u47bPVeVc

alex.s
August 30th, 2011, 12:46 PM
wow.

i wonder if the guy that almost got hit by the flying bike knew how lucky he was

key3thermal
August 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM
so no one helped the guy out?

dino74
August 30th, 2011, 01:00 PM
You don't ever stop on the track unless you're a control rider. People stopping can add to the chaos.

key3thermal
August 30th, 2011, 01:02 PM
You don't ever stop on the track unless you're a control rider. People stopping can add to the chaos.

Oh, didn't know that.

dino74
August 30th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I wonder what kind of bike the camera guy was on. Seems like the other bikes just pulled away from him in the straight,

cuz
August 30th, 2011, 01:21 PM
omg you can really say he came out of no were

gt_turbo
August 30th, 2011, 07:46 PM
that'd be pretty scary seeing that come out in your peripheral vision! they teach you to not look behind you either.

jamesio
August 30th, 2011, 08:44 PM
:jaw:

holy sh*t that was crazy. thats one to show all the ladies

Xoulrath
August 30th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Holy $*!7 ...

:jaw:

Jiggles
August 30th, 2011, 09:10 PM
OMFG! The sun looked huge in that video!

Live2ride
August 30th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Umm... Ouch.

demp
August 31st, 2011, 05:17 AM
this guy needs abs!

Kevin2109
August 31st, 2011, 10:04 AM
ouch!! I'm so glad that other biker didnt get taken out

Take it to the streets! :thumbup:

Jk :p

Lou
August 31st, 2011, 02:02 PM
Never been on the track so, grabbing a fist full of front brake at that speed will make your bike do that O.o

CC Cowboy
August 31st, 2011, 03:46 PM
I'm going with malfunction instead of grabbing the front brake.

Kevin2109
August 31st, 2011, 04:02 PM
Mental Malfunction!

rockNroll
September 1st, 2011, 04:04 AM
My first guess would be that he was into some contact with another bike and his front brake lever was involved in the contact.

LazinCajun
September 1st, 2011, 07:02 AM
Whaaaaaaat :O That looked like something out of a movie.

oroboros
September 1st, 2011, 07:13 AM
That will buff out :D

onetruevibe
September 1st, 2011, 07:30 AM

That was my first reaction too...seemed like the camera man just slowed a bit, shrugged his shoulders and gunned it. If not to help the guy, I'm pretty sure I would have needed to stop anyway to adjust/clean my small-clothes. :eek:

That makes sense. :thumbup:

greg737
September 1st, 2011, 07:59 AM
The thing to notice in this crash is the absolutely crazy amount of overtake the crasher had on everybody else. WTH was he planning to do when he reached that corner?

Regardless of what happened with his front brake, he'd already set himself up for a huge "off" in that corner. He wasn't anywhere near the correct entry line for the upcoming corner. He was at least 15 or 20 MPH too fast, even for the proper racing line.

Probably got target fixated on catching/passing another rider (maybe even the camera bike).

Xoulrath
September 1st, 2011, 08:03 PM
Interesting observations, Greg. I suspect you may be correct.

Alex
September 1st, 2011, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure if the crashee's bike was going that terribly fast, but it looks fast compared to the camera bike (which wasn't going terribly fast compared to all surrounding/passing bikes). The bike tumbling end over end only made it barely off the pavement before coming to a full stop, and that's going to slow the bike down much less effectively than brakes anyway. According to the youtube comments, the rider walked away with only a fractured wrist and a concussion, so that's fortunate.

Xoulrath
September 1st, 2011, 08:15 PM
OMFG! I just realized that this took place at Barber! It's maybe three hours from me at a snail's pace!

Damn, small world. Definitely one of the tracks I'll be going to. :thumbup:

greg737
September 1st, 2011, 11:54 PM
I'm not sure if the crashee's bike was going that terribly fast, but it looks fast compared to the camera bike (which wasn't going terribly fast compared to all surrounding/passing bikes). The bike tumbling end over end only made it barely off the pavement before coming to a full stop, and that's going to slow the bike down much less effectively than brakes anyway.

Read your post here.... started to doubt what I thought I saw on the video. Went back and watched it a few more times.

First: Holy crap. Yes indeed, the crashee had huge overtake on the not just the video bike but everyone else.

Second: the crashee's bike (if you look closely) makes it into the overrun trap with enough speed to raise a huge shower of gravel.

I think it's fair to say the crashee severly overcooked the situation.

Alex
September 2nd, 2011, 05:52 AM
I think it's fair to say the crashee severly overcooked the situation.

No doubt, but he still could have made it easily with proper braking. The camera bike is rolling off the gas and gently braking even before he crosses the start/finish line; that is very early for entry into that corner. An interesting camera view would be aimed back from the camera bike, because if anyone was close to him I'd imagine they were also considering how to get around him at that point as well. Clearly, the guy sending his bike into cartwheels didn't accomplish what he set out to do. :)

AznJoJo
September 2nd, 2011, 06:09 AM
kowaii... :(

LazinCajun
September 2nd, 2011, 07:54 AM
Clearly, the guy sending his bike into cartwheels didn't accomplish what he set out to do. :)

Says you! Maybe he was trying the rarely seen flying flip passing technique.

Jesse8931
September 2nd, 2011, 07:57 AM
I bet that guy panicked and grabbed some brake