View Full Version : Lost balance at a light..

C L
August 31st, 2011, 11:01 AM
I was sitting at the light and I wanted to make sure I was in 1st gear so I lifted my left foot and put my right foot down but somehow lost balance and the bike started falling over so I aided it to the ground very slowly.
Just a slight scuff on the bar end and a tiny rip/scratch (about 3mm long) on the black part of the decal on my right fairing. Would it be okay to just cover it back up with touch-up paint or is there something specific I should do?

Blackwidow
August 31st, 2011, 11:04 AM
deja vu...its happened to me TWICE!

Alex
August 31st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Sorry to hear that! Glad you're OK and the damage is quite minor. People often have their indicators punch a hole in the fairing when it goes over. Covering it with touchup paint sounds fine, or any other cosmetic fix that makes it less noticeable. But if it's as small as mentioned in the post, you're probably the only one that would ever notice it anyway.

U5er
August 31st, 2011, 11:27 AM
Aww crap. Sorry to hear it bud. Aren't you the guy who bought a new white one not long ago? From the sounds of it, the damages are probably only noticeable to you.

Anyway, every biker falls. As minor as your incident was, I hope it shed new found respect and fear as a biker.

C L
August 31st, 2011, 11:30 AM
Yea that was me lol
The split second I was falling I was thinking in my head OH MY GOD IM GOING TO TOTAL MY BIKE.
But then I got up and found that the bike was basically still perfect so I'm not too mad.

Hope fully this is my only drop :p

Thanks for the replies

U5er
August 31st, 2011, 11:33 AM
Are you a new biker? Did you take the safety course?

C L
August 31st, 2011, 11:45 AM
Yes I'm new and I took the MSF course.

alex.s
August 31st, 2011, 12:40 PM
sorry to hear that. if it makes you feel any better the other day i was pulled over on the side of the road (empty, dead-end road) investigating an interesting sound coming from my fzr (just rebuilt it... interesting sounds usually aren't good) so i was looking at the front and didn't realize it was an ever slight downhill toward the front of the bike, and for some reason failed to take it out of neutral when i was trying to figure out what the sound was, and i pulled on something in the front and the whole thing lurched forward pushing the kickstand up and trying to fall on that side... caught it... but that thing is way top heavy and i couldn't keep it up from the front... so i set it down very softly on the peg then walked to the side and picked it up... scratched the already broken peg a little bit more but oh well. don't let it get you down

Lou
August 31st, 2011, 01:43 PM
I had my indicators punch a hole in the fairing when i tiped over :o Glad to hear it was very minor damage!!!