View Full Version : Tipover x 2

theredsox
August 31st, 2011, 06:57 PM
So today I decided to migrate from the 100 ft of straight flat parking lot I had been using. I again chose a straight parking area, about 250 ft, but at an incline...maybe 30 degrees. I discovered that really slow speed U-turns where the bike leans down the hill are risky business. By time my foot gets to the ground to try and balance when I realized I was too slow into the turn, the bike was already leaning too far to save. First time I was able to set it down as gentle as possible and all that hit the ground was the rear brake. The second time I did lose grip on the bars. There's just some really minor scratches on the rear brake, muffler, turn signal, and 2 nicks on the custom levers. I did not take any damage.

Trying to learn from it, I think I needed to really lean my weight in the opposite direction of the turn (towards the hill). Oh and I also learned that even though I'm a super weakling, I can stand the bike back up on my own.

AeroXtasy
August 31st, 2011, 07:30 PM
Glad that you're alright! I think the incline was a bad idea and that you should have stuck with the old parking lot. Just my opinion.

pilotgeorge747
August 31st, 2011, 07:32 PM
Good to hear your ok and so is your bike for the most part! Keep up the practice. Better to have this happen in an empty parking lot than on the street with unpredictable traffic.

zilaniz
August 31st, 2011, 08:44 PM
Happens to the best of us, Have you taking the MSF course yet, you learn a lot of slow speed maneuvering at it