View Full Version : Someone got pwned

jonthechron
September 1st, 2011, 02:08 PM
I was reading a few cases of insurance claims and I wanted to mention that last summer one guy tipped over my bike (09) and cracked the fairing and the cowling, total repair costs was over 3,500 according to the garage.. obviously the insurance got owned, but they are idiots anyways

Jesse8931
September 1st, 2011, 02:11 PM
And all that does is raise rates so in the end you got 3500 but screwed you and others.

rockNroll
September 1st, 2011, 02:47 PM
Most insurance guys I have known seem pretty smart.

jonthechron
September 1st, 2011, 02:53 PM
And all that does is raise rates so in the end you got 3500 but screwed you and others.

oh well, sucks for people! i dont think i screwed anyone over, more like insurance mistakes cause an augmentation in rates.

i guess insurance guys can be smart, but the company itself isnt

ruben
September 2nd, 2011, 03:02 PM
cool story bro.

whens the sequel?

cerberusrex25
September 2nd, 2011, 11:39 PM
LOL, 3500 CANADIAN dollars, and just like that nothing of value was lost.

AznJoJo
September 2nd, 2011, 11:56 PM
LOL, 3500 CANADIAN dollars, and just like that nothing of value was lost.

isn't the Canadian dollar worth more than the US atm?

off topic: i wanna go to to VC!

AeroXtasy
September 3rd, 2011, 05:49 AM
isn't the Canadian dollar worth more than the US atm?

off topic: i wanna go to to VC!

It's worth just .0232 more. Haha.
Me too! :thumbup:

jonthechron
September 4th, 2011, 10:10 PM
cool story bro.

whens the sequel?

When ever you get to ride a Civic SI

ungluck
September 5th, 2011, 12:31 AM
civic SI..baaahahahahahaha

Indy250r
September 5th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Nope, never has been as far as I know. It's currently at $1US = $0.98CAN.

Uhhhhhhhhhh........... Wait a minute. ;)

LoneRonin
September 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Nope, never has been as far as I know. It's currently at $1US = $0.98CAN.

you yanks are so misinformed....Its been a few cents more than the US dollar for a while and is currently just above parity.

Look at what you wrote...what it means is that 1 US dollar is equal to 98 Canadian cents....Meaning you give me a dollar bill and you ain't getting back a Loonie....seriously its not that hard.

cerberusrex25
September 5th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah I had been hearing the canadian dollar was up, I thought it was the canucks just trolling but, apparently our economy is such crap their dollar is now winning. Still looks like monopoly money to me though,LOL. Canada is fantastic; just went last year to Vancouver and then Calgary to visit some family, people are so much nicer and beer is so much stronger. I loved the 3 weeks I was over there. If you all weren't such sticklers about illegal downloads and guns I would consider moving there.

Lil_Green_Demon
September 10th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I'd move to Canada in a heartbeat. Free medical coverage? Count me in. That alone makes Canada superior to the United States, imo.
Weather-wise, I love SoCal.

blink
September 10th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Yeah I had been hearing the canadian dollar was up, I thought it was the canucks just trolling but, apparently our economy is such crap their dollar is now winning. Still looks like monopoly money to me though,LOL. Canada is fantastic; just went last year to Vancouver and then Calgary to visit some family, people are so much nicer and beer is so much stronger. I loved the 3 weeks I was over there. If you all weren't such sticklers about illegal downloads and guns I would consider moving there.

Actually the guns law is great. Have you ever shot anyone? because if you do it's usually 2nd degree. Many innocent people get killed because guns aren't illegal and you get gang members with guns shootin each other.

blink
September 10th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I'd move to Canada in a heartbeat. Free medical coverage? Count me in. That alone makes Canada superior to the United States, imo.

Being Canadian I completely agree.
California makes me wanna move there because of the weather and environment, it is so nice! And hot.
I wish we Californian weather up here

leed
September 10th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Actually the guns law is great. Have you ever shot anyone? because if you do it's usually 2nd degree. Many innocent people get killed because guns aren't illegal and you get gang members with guns shootin each other.

But innocent people still get killed if guns are illegal and gang members still shoot each other. Oh well!

In the meantime.. I suppose at least you got your damage covered.

Xoulrath
September 10th, 2011, 11:22 PM
People who use guns for illegal activities will still use guns for illegal activities and those of us who would use them in self-defense won't have them.

Regarding healthcare: Nothing is free. Someone else is paying for it.

U5er
September 16th, 2011, 12:50 PM
cool story bro.

whens the sequel?

I lawl'd bro.

blink
September 17th, 2011, 09:35 AM
But innocent people still get killed if guns are illegal and gang members still shoot each other. Oh well!

In the meantime.. I suppose at least you got your damage covered.

Yeah, same in Canada. Fact is the law about gun legality makes acquisition easier.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I do not live there, but after watching about 100+ episodes of the First 48 I think we can agree that a lot of the stupid young kids retaliate against the opposition when a fight goes down and the first thing that comes to mind is picking up a gun because it's legal and they aren't convicts yet.

Sure Canada has lots of crime, but here in Calgary we get maybe 8 murders average/year. Not all of them are shooting deaths either, our city has crime, but to a lesser degree. It doesn't give us an option of carrying a legal gun and doesn't give us the opportunity to legally make a mistake and shoot someone.

Boom King
September 17th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Regarding healthcare: Nothing is free. Someone else is paying for it.

True. It's not free, it's a prepaid system. Having said that, the prepaid economics of it is what makes our health care system much more accessible and portable.

massacremasses
September 17th, 2011, 12:23 PM
http://www.iisretard.com/wp-content/plugins/rss-poster/cache/9e100_memes-we-move-to-canada-they-say-a.jpg

Jinx250
September 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I was reading a few cases of insurance claims and I wanted to mention that last summer one guy tipped over my bike (09) and cracked the fairing and the cowling, total repair costs was over 3,500 according to the garage.. obviously the insurance got owned, but they are idiots anyways

To get the thread back on topic....

The price they come up with is the retail cost of replacing the damaged part with a factory new one, plus the book listed labor costs to replace said part. SO even if it would only take you an hour toreplace all your fairings, if hte OEM book says 1 hour per fairing and you had to replace 3 pieces, then it's 3 hours labor. They actually (in CA at least) have a computer program where they feed in the bike info, check off what parts need to be replaced, and the system pulls all the relevant info. The number their systems spit out are usually far higher than actual replacement costs would be if you did it yourself using "pre-loved" parts.

CZroe
October 9th, 2011, 03:14 AM
q2jijuj1ysw

n4mwd
October 14th, 2011, 07:54 AM

The shop is not going to repair fairings, they just buy new ones and bolt them on. If you combine the cost of new ones with new decals, they add up fast. Most guys could probably do the repair for a fraction of that, but the insurance has to give you the cost to do it at a shop.