View Full Version : CA Moto-camping

ninja250
September 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
OK who's in for my annual Sierras motorcycle camping/fishing mission? :D

I'm also hiking Mt Whitney later this year if anyone is brave enough to go with me and wants to go!

But that's more of a hike.
I know some spots I can drive to by motorcycle and camp and fish if anyone wants to go. I'm thinking like 3 weeks away max. If nobody wants to go I might just go next week. Just a weekend thing. Let me know! I'm not going too far.. just like 5 hours away. lol

Objectives:
Camp off the back of your ninjette.
Catch real fish and either eat them or release them. (will show you how if you've never)
Have a good time doing nothing in the woods for a weekend.
Cruise slowly over nice scenic roads on the way there and back with stuff loaded on the bike.
Make it home no accidents. 70mph trip speed limit. (no tickets)

You will need:
gas money, pack food and food money, $20 for the campground and sleeping bag and tiny tent.
They all must strap on your motorcycle because if you try and come in a car I'm going to ditch you.

Am I serious? Yes, Absolutely! I've done it before and I will do it again and I know how to have a good time doing it! I'm fully willing to drag anyone along with me who thinks they might want to go.

Why waste my time going into the woods to sleep for a few nights?
Why sit and home and do nothing? What are you gonna see in your room? This will be a trip for you to remember for the rest of your life. Get out there and become one with your bike and get that ride time in you've been needing while getting away from the crowds and the cities.

Every time I've been to the Sierras, motorcycle or not, I'll never forget it.
Let's go!

bluepoof
September 1st, 2011, 05:03 PM
I LOVE motocamping! Unfortunately, I'm totally hosed at work for the foreseeable future. Going to get out for a couple of one-night local camping trips (on the Ninja, of course) but can't commit to the Sierras this fall. :( :( I promise to drool all over your photos though. ;)

Where are you going? Tahoe area, eastern Sierra (my fav!), Kings/Sequoia, Groveland....?

oroboros
September 1st, 2011, 06:07 PM
no more valve jobs for you:rolleyes:

I would love to go... but I am geographically challenged. Looking forward to the ride report.

ninja250
September 1st, 2011, 07:12 PM
I LOVE motocamping! Unfortunately, I'm totally hosed at work for the foreseeable future. Going to get out for a couple of one-night local camping trips (on the Ninja, of course) but can't commit to the Sierras this fall. :( :( I promise to drool all over your photos though. ;)

Where are you going? Tahoe area, eastern Sierra (my fav!), Kings/Sequoia, Groveland....?

Eastern or "Southern" Sierras, unless I get sidetracked in the Sequoias on the way there like last time! If I go alone I can wander. lol. If I take people with me I will pick a nice spot I have done int he past, depending on where the people are coming from.

Gotta make one more trip before putting on my new gearing. It's gonna be a stunty winter. lol

Havok
September 12th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Eastern or "Southern" Sierras, unless I get sidetracked in the Sequoias on the way there like last time! If I go alone I can wander. lol. If I take people with me I will pick a nice spot I have done int he past, depending on where the people are coming from.

Gotta make one more trip before putting on my new gearing. It's gonna be a stunty winter. lol

When are you planning this? I may be very interested, I went to the sequoias for the first time this year (day trip in my truck) and was blown away with how beautiful it was.

ninja250
September 16th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Well I was going to do it last week but got sidetracked by buying a new bike instead. Which also helped to break me as far as camping cash goes.

But hell if you are still interested I know some spots we can go that aren't even that far off. Just north of Mojave.. for a quick practice session if you want to check it out.

I love camping/fishing/sierras.

I have a Mt Whitney hike attempt trip coming up in October.

bluepoof
September 16th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Well I was going to do it last week but got sidetracked by buying a new bike instead.

That's a good excuse! :lol: Whatja get?

Trailerboy531
September 16th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I have a Mt Whitney hike attempt trip coming up in October.

When in October? I heard it's difficult to get a permit for hiking Whitney, sounds strenuous but AWESOME. Totally something I'd love to do at some point.

ninja250
September 17th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Yes I did not get into the lottery this year for the good Mt Whitney reservations earlier in the summer, so I have a cold shot at it in October instead, but I do have the reservations! :cool:

Highest mountain in USA. I'm gonna climb it.

That's a good excuse! Whatja get?
Sevenfiddy! Woot! :partytime20: