View Full Version : Wheelies slowly but surely

ninja250
September 2nd, 2011, 08:24 PM
Getting the wheel up a little bit more at a time. I sure as hell don't want to flip it so no need to get vertical. :eek:

Pretty fun though. :D

Still using stock gearing. Riding in the front yard every night doing low speed stuff and basically just playing around and having fun without endangering anyone but myself. ATGATT even in the yard.

Can't wait to put the stunt gearing on. Still waiting for the chain.
Then I can put that sucker back onto the wheelie bar and jump off the back and get used to going past 12 o'clock nice and slow
x9UT1HTzyYY

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/standupwheelie1.jpg

250 stunts own.
I tried to do a stoppie and this thing don't stop good. I need those pads kevin has lol.
I used to do stoppies on the gsxr. Kinda pointless trick though.

Havok
September 2nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Looking good man, Keep working at it.

Live2ride
September 2nd, 2011, 08:44 PM
ATGATT FTW! good wheelie. :thumbup:

ninja250
September 2nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
It's hard to get good anything on camera for me.
Every time the camera is rolling I do minus tricks. lol

I have done them a bit better while more focused and off alone on a back road.

Just trying to take my time I don't wanna flip the damn thing.
I know it's coming playing with wheelies too. I gotta get that slow gearing on before I wreck it.

Snake
September 3rd, 2011, 07:14 AM
The lower gearing should help lots.

rusninja
September 3rd, 2011, 08:59 PM
I wonder how much gearing will change it. :P

greg737
September 3rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
You know the wheelie thing will probably lead to bike/rider damage, right?

If something is cool because it's dangerous, that means it's dangerous. I'm glad I got the wheelie thing out of my system when I was riding a bicycle (when I was a kid).

ninja250
September 4th, 2011, 05:07 AM
You know the wheelie thing will probably lead to bike/rider damage, right?

I don't wanna flip the damn thing.
I know it's coming playing with wheelies too.
I stated in this thread here I know perfectly well the dangers of what is going on.

Did you see the part where my bike is already damaged beyond repair?
Or did you skim right over that also?

Some people like having fun like they did when they were kids.
In that sense, I will never grow up. I'll leave it to people like you. =)
I'm 30 years old and still play video games too.
You are obviously too mature for me.

Doing wheelies out front of my house when no cars are coming seems to be the least dangerous way I can do wheelies. I'm not doing it to impress anyone, I'm doing it for my own fun. I know very well I can crash while doing this. I also know very well that most of you look down on this type of riding. That's your choice.
I'm learning to do it as safe as I can. This is what I want to do with my bent street motorcycle.

It is the type of riding I like to do. I am different than you.
If I was exactly the same you probably wouldn't like what I was doing either.

Next time I'll get a bigger, more dangerous wheelie on film for you.
wheeling a bike is nothing like a motorcycle, which is why I want to learn it.
Yes, I risk my ass every time I do it, but it's worth it. I've been trying to prepare for the inevitable crash that should be coming from me playing like this. You do crash motorcycles while learning to stunt them. It's part of the territory. Nobody wants it to happen, but it does.

EsrTek
September 4th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Are you standing on the pass pegs in that?

ninja250
September 4th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Yes,
and I wouldn't recommend it much.
Those things are very flimsy. I have been planning on replacing them with bicycle pegs like Rezza SS did.
I just don't have a welder to install the bar there I want installed.

It's very possible to crack a rear peg mount while doing something like this.
I don't trust them at all.

Also, be careful doing wheelies from the back pegs.
There is no brake to cover. You can flip the bike very easy.

It would be better to do a "staggered" wheelie.
One foot on rear peg on left side and one foot on front peg on right side to cover the brake.

I am purposely not putting the bike to 12o'clock level or past it so I make sure I don't flip it over because I'm not covering the brake in the video.

Also I do have a wheelie bar as a last resort back-up savior device in case I do go back too far.
Frame sliders in case I tip.

When I put the slow gearing on, the bike will only be doing 5mph wheelies which will be much safer. I don't intend to hurt anyone or myself and I intend to fully go through with this with as little amount of crashing as possible. with the slow gearing, you learn to simply step off the bike when you lose your balance, instead of crashing it at 30mph doing a wheelie.

I'm doing my best to go about it in a smarter manner than most squid stunters playing in traffic.

EsrTek
September 4th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Looking good... I would only suggest a empty parking lot (not sure how easy they are to find by you).
My 6'1", with most of that legs, can't get my feet on them back pegs... it's just too awkward trying to get my feet on them and if I even get close the peg just fold up on me :(

I want to try wheelies myself, but this being brand new bike I'll wait till I can get an older one I don't care about the looks so much.

I wish you good luck in learning your tricks.. the one I want to see you do is the laydown bike, stand on it and do donuts.

SSR
September 4th, 2011, 06:57 AM
I'm 30 years old and still play video games too.

I'm the same way. When I was a kid I didn't do anything "fun", but now that I'm older, I suddenly want to do all sorts of stuff. I will admit, I want to do wheelies as well. But I don't have a beater bike and I'm not about to try with my only good one.

I used to play games all the time. I've stopped, not becuase I've matured *snort* but there just hasn't been anything good for the past couple of years.

greg737
September 4th, 2011, 12:08 PM

I discovered airplanes. They made wheelies a bit less attractive.

I don't know about me being all grown up.

You should see me in a 737 when So-Cal Approach Control turns me loose for a visual approach to Ontario International. Starting from 13,000 feet above where I-15 crosses 138 at the top of the Cajon Pass it's just over 20 miles to touchdown. That's some fun and excitement.

But if the criteria for not being "grown up" is an extremely high probability of property damage and physical harm, then I guess I am "all grown up."

Indy250r
September 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Looking good, keep at it.

ninja250
September 5th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Looking good... I would only suggest a empty parking lot (not sure how easy they are to find by you).
My 6'1", with most of that legs, can't get my feet on them back pegs... it's just too awkward trying to get my feet on them and if I even get close the peg just fold up on me :(

I want to try wheelies myself, but this being brand new bike I'll wait till I can get an older one I don't care about the looks so much.

I wish you good luck in learning your tricks.. the one I want to see you do is the laydown bike, stand on it and do donuts.

Don't cringe when I tell you I'm 6'6" hehe.
This bike is way too small for me. I have people just walk up and tell me "Man hey you're too small for that bike".

I'm gonna grab the chain any day now for my stunt gears.

You should see me in a 737 when So-Cal Approach Control turns me loose for a visual approach to Ontario International. Starting from 13,000 feet above where I-15 crosses 138 at the top of the Cajon Pass it's just over 20 miles to touchdown. That's some fun and excitement.

And as with you feeling compelled to tell me this, I felt compelled to bring you my wheelie! :thumbup:
Enjoy the flight. Gotta keep things interesting no matter what your age inside.
the only property I might damage is already damaged property.
I'm glad I'm riding at 30 instead of 18 though as knowing me I would have killed myself back then for certain.

P.S. 138 is about middle of cajon pass. I take it east to Silverwood and west to Wrightwood all the time.

The largest descent I ever made on my bike was about 8,000'. haha
Blue ridge, Mt. High Ski Resort, Angeles Crest Highway. (138 to lone pine canyon road to highway 2)
A far cry from 13K yes, but surely almost as fun at 80mph with a knee down..

How often do you fly? I ride nightly.
I could train for a pilots license if I wanted to.
I just don't like flying.

I was a sponsored RC helicopter pilot at one time though. That's quite a feat in itself.
It does take some serious responsibility and reserve, too.
You could just about call me a helicopter mechanic considering I have worked on $4000 jet turbine engine 1/4 scale RC helicopters. I have to have AMA insurance when I fly a $3000 Align Trex 700.
See my sponsors T-shirt?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLjR7TktKwE

As you can see, this is what I have fun doing.
Tricks with several thousand dollar vehicles.

AeroXtasy
September 5th, 2011, 07:41 AM
I discovered airplanes. They made wheelies a bit less attractive.

I had plenty of toy airplanes when I was little.
Wheelies look pretty fun to me.
:p

I'm glad I'm riding at 30 instead of 18 though as knowing me I would have killed myself back then for certain.

:o
*Is 16

alex.s
September 5th, 2011, 03:58 PM
i think we need to make a tube trellis frame to replace your bent frame, kc.

greg737
September 5th, 2011, 08:44 PM
How often do you fly? I ride nightly.

I usually fly about 850 hours a year. In a normal month I'll fly 15 days total. A day of flying is anywhere from two to six legs of flying.

alex.s
September 5th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Oh yeah? Well, my penis is bigger.

rusninja
September 5th, 2011, 09:03 PM

hey hey hey no talk about penises but if we are being dicks in here have you seen the movie annaconda the big snake in the movie?!?!?! ya! its nothing like that. :p

Good wheelies anyway i cant wait to see you get your chain and put your stunting gearing. The day you start trying to do tricks around a highly populated area is the day i look down on you. :thumbup:

Alex
September 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM

bigger than?

ninja250
September 6th, 2011, 08:02 AM
bigger than?

Bigger than the next guy trying to pee farther? :D

ninja250
September 6th, 2011, 08:05 AM
i think we need to make a tube trellis frame to replace your bent frame, kc.

How about a shifter cart frame :p

That's what all the squid GSXR buffs do when they crash their 1K. Dumbasses.

EsrTek
September 6th, 2011, 12:22 PM
OT: but that is some cool flying of that mini chopper... if I didn't read your post first though, or saw that IRL.. I would swear you had no idea how to fly that thing, but considering how close it came to ground a few times. It's easy to tell you know what your doing..
Looks like you just like tricks in anything you do :P

kingkang204
September 6th, 2011, 02:01 PM
you make the ninja look like a vespa....

6' 6" WTF.

greg737
November 14th, 2011, 07:56 AM
This thread has been ominously quiet for over two months....

alex.s
November 14th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I think kc got stuck on top of a mountain

IF13
September 4th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Let me revive this by saying I just did my first wheelie or at least my first attempt at lifting the front wheel above.

Definitely not a smooth landing though. Since I'm fixing my bike, I only had the lower cowling and wheel fairing (whatever it's called) installed. When I landed hard, the lower cowling smacked the fairing. -_-

mahalostunt
December 4th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Sweet

mahalostunt
December 4th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Definitely wanna see progress pics and vids

mahalostunt
December 4th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Nvm just saw this is old lol