View Full Version : Ninja 250 @ HPR for Labor Day trackday

Bueller999
September 8th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Did an organized track day last Monday @ High Plains Raceway in Colorado. It is a large 2.5 mi. course with some long straights that the ninjette gets smoked on, but many times the big bikes park in the corners so I can re aquire them. :)

Signed up in intermediate which usually allows me a few people I can play with and pass but this event was a little scary with some of the riders in the group so I bumped up to advanced.

pVTR5fBK6hY

Here is a short clip from a friend working corner 4, it gives an idea of the sound of my recently installed Totsubo exhaust.:thumbup:
You can hear me starting @ 20 sec.

Zjxs1HAzrVg

leed
September 8th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Holy cow that is a loud exhaust. And looks like you had a lot of fun :D

HKr1
September 8th, 2011, 07:56 AM
4:15 to 4:30 was funny as hell.

Snake
September 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Awesome video David.

Mocha Man
September 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
:allhail: Haha only kidding. I'm jealous.

akima
September 8th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I watched all of that; it's quite therapeutic for some unknown reason!

Not that I am a good judge, but you seemed like a skilled rider. Some of the intermediate-group riders seemed really timid in the corners; especially so, compared to you.

Why was there a black dot in the middle of the sun? A curious alien watching your ninjette riding skills from his space ship?

There's a really horrible bit of track on one of those turns - looks dangerous, but I guess you remember that it's there each time you come up to the turn.

I gotta try out this track racing thing!

Bueller999
September 8th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Not that I am a good judge, but you seemed like a skilled rider. Some of the intermediate-group riders seemed really timid in the corners; especially so, compared to you.
A lot of those guys are street/track riders, they don't do it as much or for as long as I have, it is pretty easy to late brake the big bikes, and on the 250 corner speed is everything, you don't want to take off any more speed than necessary. I do alright but plenty are faster/better riders than me. Current track record for a 250 (spec) ninja is 2:08, my best is 2:18 but that is better than 1/3 of the Novice GTU times.
Why was there a black dot in the middle of the sun? A curious alien watching your ninjette riding skills from his space ship?
That is something that happens when the GoPro has the sun in the frame

There's a really horrible bit of track on one of those turns - looks dangerous, but I guess you remember that it's there each time you come up to the turn.

Turn 6 and 8 both have some surface wear and repair but that is pretty easy to find a line around it, and yes I know where they are, I did 3.5 hours of a 4 hour endurance race last month and got to see those corners 78 times in one day :lol:

Thanks to all that liked the video:thumbup:

dark_beaverezt
September 10th, 2011, 04:43 PM
:mad: How I wish we have those kinds of racetracks here.

gt_turbo
September 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
that exhaust is friggin loud!