View Full Version : NEW/BOXED BLK L Motoboss Communicator BT2.1 helmet (same as O'neal FastTrack Element)

CZroe
September 9th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I am selling my sister's Motoboss Bluetooth Communicator helmet that I bought her for Christmas expecting to teach her to ride. She never had the time and it stayed in the original box completely unused. In addition to rider/passenger intercom, this will let you place or receive phone calls, hear turn-by-turn GPS instructions, and control/listen to music as you ride. It works really well with a typical music or smart phone.

It appears to be a rebranded O'neal FastTrack Element Bluetooth helmet except that it's Bluetooth 2.X instead of BT 1.2 and flat black colored. It seems that they both use "Blinc" BT hardware and this has a newer version. BT2.0+ has increased range and bandwidth, which probably makes the audio higher quality and the connection more stable. I wasn't even aware that BT1.2 could support A2DP (stereo Bluetooth) with AVRCP (BT remote) before I researched the O'neal FastTrack Element! It also supports multipoint pairing, so your GPS instructions can interrupt your phone call and your phone call can pause your music player (and later resume).

Price: $75 shipped, $65 local pick-up. That's better than the Black Friday price, which was already crazy-good and long-gone. This is a total STEAL.

Comes in the box with receipt, draw-string bag, manuals, and sealed BT kit that's still zip-tied to the chin strap.

O'neal FastTrack Element is $300. Sticker on box and face shield says $200. Receipt (included) after Black Friday says $120. Take it, nay, STEAL it for the shipped Black Friday price of $85!

You can also call or text me at area code 858 then countdown Eight7S!x5Four3 then $ix.

EsrTek
September 10th, 2011, 06:26 AM
PM sent - Thanks for quick reply, and yeah too big for my small head, but great price on it.

CZroe
September 10th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks anyway. His loss is your gain, people!

I ordered and tried an XL version of this myself (Black Friday deal) and complained about the Blinc manual not telling you how to orient the battery but most don't come with the box or manual anyway (Cycle Gear kept trying to keep mine when I exchanged XL for M and M for L) and I already figured that out to save you the trouble. They have no idea how the helmet maker may have oriented their kit, so it makes sense that they didn't go into that much detail. The only other real complaint was the charger plug protruding from the bottom while charging, which seems like bad design because I couldn't think of where you were supposed to set your helmet. But really: Where else is it supposed to plug in when it has to be under the shell? Now, I realize that you can hang it on something by the straps or in the included draw-string bag while it charges upside-down. Simple.

Notice, my only complaints involved the Bluetooth kit/manual and were very minor/nit-picky, but a helmet alone costs more than this and the kit itself works very well. This is brand new and includes Bluetooth!

The only reason I didn't keep the XL was because I already had two Parrot SK4000 Bluetooth kits and installed one in my Scorpion EXO-1000. I was actually very happy with it. I exchanged it for my sister's size in December and gave it as a Christmas gift only because she said she wanted to learn to ride.

alex.s
September 10th, 2011, 11:14 AM
what size/shape is it? its a large? are you in san diego still?

CZroe
September 10th, 2011, 10:57 PM
what size/shape is it? its a large? are you in san diego still?
Yes, I'm still here. I will be leaving mid-week next week but the helmet will stay with my sister here until it finds a buyer.

Size is "large" and shape looks a bit more round than any of my other helmets.

CZroe
September 11th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Added phone number above

CZroe
September 13th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Willing to take the cost of shipping and other expenses at a loss now. Asking $75 shipped. Let's get this gone.

Socal5646
September 14th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Pm/text sent!

CZroe
September 15th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Sold!