View Full Version : graphic: hit by a truck

alex.s
September 11th, 2011, 04:37 PM
i watch a lot of motorcycle crash videos and i don't think i've seen this one before... no gore, but still graphic video:

T-QrkY0cdZQ

nickadolph
September 11th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Thats really too bad, but I think a more appropriate title would be "bike runs into truck"

Jiggles
September 11th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Thats really too bad, but I think a more appropriate title would be "bike runs into truck"

+1

Lou
September 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM
It kinda looked like he picked up the bike mid turn :confused20: sad to see :(

Trailerboy531
September 11th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Boy good thing you haven't seen the video of the Russian guy who did that....doing about 120.

His body split in half....

Mountain Dew
September 11th, 2011, 05:57 PM
So.. He died?

Anyway, can't tell from the vid without sound, but it's likely he either scared himself and let off the throttle making go wide and stand up, or he just didn't have good throttle from the start and ran wide.

Also, the license plate of the truck almost says Glados.

kaiserz
September 11th, 2011, 06:35 PM
did he died?

rusninja
September 11th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Wonder if that would of happened if he had a ninjette. :S

jamesio
September 11th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Looks like a combo of going way too fast and target fixation.

Kevin2109
September 11th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Dont think he lived through that...

TheMojoRider
September 11th, 2011, 11:53 PM
he had all the right stuff on his bike, don't understand how this could happen.

fender eliminator kit,
aftermarket exhaust slip on
HID lights
LED side markers
aftermarket smoked windscreen

what else could he have on his bike that would prevented this? oh yeah... should have spend the money acquiring the skills to improve his ridecraft.
no one walks away from an impact like that... poor rider :(

Snake
September 12th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Very very tragic. I hate to see scenes like that.

dubojr1
September 12th, 2011, 08:42 AM
:(

sombo
September 12th, 2011, 09:24 AM
If you look at the photos (kinda hard to do honestly :( ) you can see his helmeted body face down next to the wheel of the truck. A few photos later you then see a human sized white plastic bag where he was.

Total shame to see that happen to someone. I can imagine his mates being somewhat traumatized by this event, especially the guy filming who got a close up view of it happening.

RIP nameless rider, may you find your next ride in the heavens more enjoyable.

Jinx250
September 14th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Anyway, can't tell from the vid without sound, but it's likely he either scared himself and let off the throttle making go wide and stand up, or he just didn't have good throttle from the start and ran wide.

Just to clear up the confusion, letting off the throttle in a turn does not make you run wide or stand the bike up.

Alex
September 14th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Just to clear up the confusion, letting off the throttle in a turn does not make you run wide or stand the bike up.

It can in fact do exactly that. Braking can also do exactly that. Rolling on the throttle smoothly can keep the bike from running wide.

All of this varies by condition of the bike's tires, setup of the suspension, and design of the bike itself.

ninja250
September 14th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Videos like this make me happy I hit a guard rail :D
He was cookin', that's for sure. Don't know what happened. He went wide. It's that easy sometimes. R.I.P.... feel bad for everyone involved even the bonehead rider.

NOTHING good came out of that accept for a new warning video. ( I think there's already enough of those out there?)
Take precaution!