View Full Version : Ninja 250R Akrapovic

Outlander Systems
September 11th, 2011, 08:07 PM
aCARkzW-zIM

rusninja
September 11th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Very nice! If i ever get my ninja -__- i want the akrapovic exhaust is just a piece of art. :]

iriemon
September 11th, 2011, 11:41 PM
nice.. i am planning on buying an akrapovic for mine soon...how is it if i dont dont do any rejetting or shimming...i love the sound of it

dubojr1
September 12th, 2011, 09:02 AM
nice.. i am planning on buying an akrapovic for mine soon...how is it if i dont dont do any rejetting or shimming...i love the sound of it

Jetting is always advised when adding an after-market high performance exhaust. :2cents:

U5er
September 12th, 2011, 09:04 AM

+1 talk shop Mike

Outlander Systems
September 12th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Jetting is always advised when adding an after-market high performance exhaust. :2cents:

It works, and I noticed some flat areas becoming smoothed out and more "filled in" if it makes sense. Even so, I will be taking the bike into the shop, hopefully either Wednesday or Thursday to install the Dynojet kit I've got, and Dyno-tune that beast.

gt_turbo
September 13th, 2011, 03:56 PM
It works, and I noticed some flat areas becoming smoothed out and more "filled in" if it makes sense. Even so, I will be taking the bike into the shop, hopefully either Wednesday or Thursday to install the Dynojet kit I've got, and Dyno-tune that beast.

interested to see your dyno results with this slipon. it will put to the test, whether slipons actually provide any performance gains if any at all.

Cazper
September 14th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Some serious similarities between our bikes... when I watched the video and you set up the camera for the ride by's I instantly thought of my bike:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=416&pictureid=5224

Cool review... I personally went with the full Yoshi exhaust, had an MGP Growler slip on (wasn't for me) What else do you have in mind for your ride?

greg737
September 14th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Nice. I'd say that's about as good as a parallel twin, flat-crank engine can sound.

When it's idling you can really hear the two-step exhaust note that this engine's firing order produces: cylinder #1 fires then cylinder #2 fires 180 degrees later then nothing for the remaining 540 degrees of engine rotation. At idle it sounds almost like a single except the pulse has a split-into-two-parts nature to it.

rusninja
September 14th, 2011, 02:37 PM
are you going to make a video with a baffle?

Outlander Systems
September 18th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Some serious similarities between our bikes... when I watched the video and you set up the camera for the ride by's I instantly thought of my bike:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=416&pictureid=5224

Cool review... I personally went with the full Yoshi exhaust, had an MGP Growler slip on (wasn't for me) What else do you have in mind for your ride?

Thanks man!

It's funny you should say that because I ripped your style off from this thread:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65661&highlight=swingarm+license

:thumbup:

I was trying to figure out where to put the tag after I mounted the HB undertail. Your bike is gorgeous. I would trade my bodywork for the '09 bodywork in a heartbeat.

Nice. I'd say that's about as good as a parallel twin, flat-crank engine can sound.

When it's idling you can really hear the two-step exhaust note that this engine's firing order produces: cylinder #1 fires then cylinder #2 fires 180 degrees later then nothing for the remaining 540 degrees of engine rotation. At idle it sounds almost like a single except the pulse has a split-into-two-parts nature to it.

I think it sounds great. You should hear it now that I've removed the snorkel and had it dyno-tuned. It has TONS more bass.

are you going to make a video with a baffle?

I threw the baffle away!

Outlander Systems
September 18th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Dustin, what rear hugger you got on that beauty?

dark_beaverezt
September 19th, 2011, 08:08 AM
would you guys really suggest a re-jetting even if these are only slip-ons and not the full system exhausts???

Outlander Systems
September 19th, 2011, 09:12 AM
would you guys really suggest a re-jetting even if these are only slip-ons and not the full system exhausts???

I would rejet immediately. The gain in ponies is righteous. My bike feels like it's a 350cc now. Between the Akrapovic and the Dynojet kit, plus dyno tuning I am up 10% in HP.

Toper
September 19th, 2011, 10:16 AM
i am seriously considering this exhaust and looking to pull the trigger soon, thank you so much for sharing this vid!

Outlander Systems
September 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
i am seriously considering this exhaust and looking to pull the trigger soon, thank you so much for sharing this vid!

Awesome, glad you liked it. I wish I had dyno'd the bike bone stock.

Snorkel delete and jet kit got me to 30hp. With just the Akrapovic I was at 26.6. I don't know what it was from the factory, but I don't think 26 to 26.5 is unfair.

If Akrapovic would release a full system I am fairly certain this thing would be at 31 to 32.

Cazper
September 19th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Dustin, what rear hugger you got on that beauty?
It's the Sportisi hugger and swingarm cover... got it when they did the group buy on here... but if you want my honest opinion I can PM you about it.

...Snorkel delete and jet kit got me to 30hp. With just the Akrapovic I was at 26.6...
:eek: Are you sure thats accurate? I have K&N Pods, DynoJet stage III custom jet kit, Full Yoshi exhaust and I have my dyno sheet in my profile at only 28.93 Max HP... how with just a slip on, snorkel delete and jet kit are you at 30HP :eek:

Outlander Systems
September 20th, 2011, 06:34 AM
It's the Sportisi hugger and swingarm cover... got it when they did the group buy on here... but if you want my honest opinion I can PM you about it.

:eek: Are you sure thats accurate? I have K&N Pods, DynoJet stage III custom jet kit, Full Yoshi exhaust and I have my dyno sheet in my profile at only 28.93 Max HP... how with just a slip on, snorkel delete and jet kit are you at 30HP :eek:

I sh!t ye not. When I get back to my PC I will post my dyno run. I've got a Dynojet stage II kit, and had the bike dyno tuned by BBC racing.

Actual number is 29.71 at 11,200 RPM and Torque is at 14.92

BBC Racing / Marietta Motorsports is the sh!t. PM sowega on this forum an he will definitely back me up on the badassness of Huey over there. sowega has 1.19 HP on me, and that's probably his Area P full system an the fact that he had a powerful bike from the factory.

I will post the dyno run dirt tonight to avoid the pics or it's all horsesh!t action. ;)

dubojr1
September 20th, 2011, 06:42 AM
It will be a dyno machine war after that. Correct me if I'm wrong but HP gains can appear better due to weather conditions and by the particular machine. Calibration of each different machine seems to factor in there as well. I had my CBR 954RR dyno'd a few times. Never did I get the same result. 11 HP difference in the lowest and highest numbers. Me and a buddy have also argued many times over the years about posted HP readings in the popular motorcycle magazines. If I remember correctly.... stock bikes dyno'd on the west coast always showed more HP than the same bike dyno'd on the east coast. Just seems to me that there are just too many variables.

Cazper
September 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Cool... I'll look forward to checking out your dyno sheet :thumbup:

I've definitely heard the same thing about the weather conditions affecting the readings and that different machines will read differently. Makes you wonder how you can get an actual accurate reading :noidea:

Alex
September 20th, 2011, 02:56 PM
There is no "actual". Dynos are most useful in comparative measurements. i.e. run the bike stock, add mods, run bike on same dyno in similar conditions, assess gain. In that case, the measured gain should reasonably represent the improvements.

Comparing on a different dyno without knowing what the base reading was, is a bit of a crapshoot. Similarly, comparing a bike vs. another bike, the best answer is back to back runs on the same dyno at the same time. The same way that the mags do it when they have all bikes to test at once. The relative results between bikes are a reasonable measurement of the differences between the bikes that day.