View Full Version : Rashed 2009 Blue front & RH cowl

Momaru
September 13th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Front Cowl - CLAIMED & sent
Right lower fairing - available

As posted in the 'donated gear thread (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74715)':

The front cowl is rashed a bit on the throttle side, where it would meet the right lower cowling, but it's serviceable. The left pic shows some of the rash, but I didn't get an optimal angle to show the rest of it. All the main mounting tabs are there, but some of the dash holder tabs along the inside (right behind the upper section of the rash) aren't.

Picked it up along with the right low cowling (also available, no pics yet, but upon request) from a local shop for ~$40. They were gonna can 'em after a customer had them replace after an off. I picked them up to build a 'spare fairings' set for the track, but my finances say that's not happening anytime soon.

Front cowl is already packed in the box for shipping, just needs a destination. Lower/RH cowl may take a little longer, not sure how I'm gonna ship it due to size.

Will only donate to an established forum member (~50+ posts). Nothing against the newbies, just would rather keep this within the community.

Asking for shipping cost only. Paypal preferred

Jiggles
September 13th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I'll take it!

massacremasses
September 14th, 2011, 08:34 PM
sooo basically I need 30 more posts by the time you post that up... ON IT.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/dark7fire/Meme/Challenge-Accepted.png

Im down to paint it. I DGAF!!! :D

Jiggles
September 14th, 2011, 10:13 PM
sooo basically I need 30 more posts by the time you post that up... ON IT.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/dark7fire/Meme/Challenge-Accepted.png

Im down to paint it. I DGAF!!! :D

Sorry, already bought it!

Hey you coming to the bay area social round 3.1?

Momaru
September 14th, 2011, 10:15 PM
The right lower cowl/fairing is still available. I just need to throw up some pics, once I get it out of the storage compartment under my bed.

massacremasses
September 15th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Sorry, already bought it!

Hey you coming to the bay area social round 3.1?

Its cool I just realized its the RH fairing I need anyways. Im trying to learn the names of all the parts excuse my n00byness.!!

And idk when is it? Probably not. If I need Id come in my car, im to much of a girl and a newb to ride my bike all the way to the bay. Thats like a 3 hour trip :o

I got another meet on the 29th (www.norcals3s.com) in Sac. So ill have to talk to my wife and see if she wants to make a trip to the YAY AREAUHHHH!!! as well as Sac. Ill have to look that meet up :cool:

CZroe
October 9th, 2011, 05:57 PM
So, are these CP Blue, CT Blue, MI Blue, or what?

I want to practice fixing fairings but I already have a damaged CP Blue RH lower to work on. :)

Momaru
October 9th, 2011, 06:07 PM
This is CT Blue, also a right-hand lower still available. Still haven't gotten pics of it, probably related to the fact it hasn't come out from my storage unit as yet...

massacremasses
October 10th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Which part is the RH lower? My whole Right side needs to be replaced or some serious love...

massacremasses
October 10th, 2011, 10:30 AM
NVM just looked it up. Yeah I could use that for sure. The bottom part of mine is all cracked up. How does it look? I need the upper RH fairing too but like I said the whole right side... lol

Momaru
October 10th, 2011, 02:37 PM
It's obviously rashed, but not cracked.

massacremasses
October 10th, 2011, 02:40 PM
It's obviously rashed, but not cracked.

if you get pics lmk. Ill see if itd be easier to fix mine or yours ;)

Momaru
November 3rd, 2011, 04:55 PM
OK. Finally got that right side out from storage and snapped some pics for ya'll.

It's rashed pretty good, but it's not cracked. I've tried to get close-ups of any major scratches/rashes, as well as a 'good' section, but if you'd like any particular shots I'm willing to get them.

Shipping may be tricky due to the size and me not having a box that'll fit it on hand.

Momaru
November 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
I have received a P request for the side, pending shipping info/finalizing things it's taken.

Will update appropriately.

wellcraft
November 4th, 2011, 06:47 AM
I'm interested in both.

Momaru
November 16th, 2011, 07:36 PM
That PM request was eventually declined due to a color misunderstanding.

The still available rashed right side cowling is Candy Thunder blue, the 2009 color. It's currently sitting in a franken-box in my bedroom, ready to ship. Fedex is currently the cheapest shipping I can find, and it was estimated at $71 for the last inquirer, to California.

massacremasses, wellcraft, you guys still looking/interested? CZroe, I'll assume you're not since you've got a spare on hand of the right color anyhow.

wellcraft
November 16th, 2011, 07:55 PM
That PM request was eventually declined due to a color misunderstanding.

The still available rashed right side cowling is Candy Thunder blue, the 2009 color. It's currently sitting in a franken-box in my bedroom, ready to ship. Fedex is currently the cheapest shipping I can find, and it was estimated at $71 for the last inquirer, to California.

massacremasses, wellcraft, you guys still looking/interested? CZroe, I'll assume you're not since you've got a spare on hand of the right color anyhow.

I'm in GA, do you know how much would it be? My zip is 30813.
I'm more interested in the front upper cowl.

Please let me know, thanks.

wellcraft
November 16th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Btw, how about us mail

Momaru
November 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
The front was claimed & sent out a couple months ago to Jiggles, as mentioned in the first line of the OP in red ;)

Shipping (cheapest/ground option on a 13lb, 33"x27"x13" box) for the lower right cowl to you JR:
USPS $64.65
UPS $37.03
Fedex $31.97

US Postal is great for smaller packages, but when things go over ~20" on a side, the commercial guys usually go a lot cheaper. I always check the Postal Service first though, big fan of their work and would like them to stay in business.

Hell, I might even be convinced to deliver. I'll be visiting family in Chapin, SC over Thanksgiving and have other relatives in/around Augusta, so it'd be < an hour transit regardless.

massacremasses
November 16th, 2011, 09:03 PM
**** I guess he spoke up first. thats cool I think I can repair my cracks good enough...

Momaru
November 16th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Frankly, I'd wager shipping to you would be around $70+ as it was for the first guy that asked.

If you wanna talk it over with JR, I'd be happy to send it to the 'winner.' Sounds like he'd been hoping more for the front anyhow

massacremasses
November 16th, 2011, 10:07 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG i would be better off fixing mine prolly :/

wellcraft
November 17th, 2011, 07:55 PM
It would be great if you can bring it close to Augusta. Let me know. I'll be out of town from tomorrow Friday until Wednesday afternoon.

Best regards.

Momaru
December 31st, 2011, 09:43 AM
I still have the right-hand fairing sitting in a box ready to ship.

Haven't heard back form wellcraft in over a month, so assuming he's no longer interested.

massacremasses
January 2nd, 2012, 04:06 PM
how much shipped to 95965? business addy. that should make a difference.

Momaru
January 5th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Right-side fairing sent to massacremasses. Thanks for helping me get that out of my apartment :p

Alex, por favor, lock up for me?