View Full Version : who said 250s cant get it up:P

rusninja
September 14th, 2011, 12:43 AM
PyGI_srfjVA

ninja250
September 14th, 2011, 07:55 AM
lol
I remember when my wheelies looked like that.
Accept I never once attempted to wheelie from a dead stop on purpose.

Why is it that people insist a motorcycle can wheelie while it's not moving?:rolleyes:

I was busting on the 250 last night this thing gets it up and then some very easy.
The more you try it and the better you get at it the easier it gets.
Takes a long time and a pair of bawls! Some brains don't hurt either.

His wheelie looks totally jerky. He needs to be rolling, covering rear brake, loosen up and lean back and let the throttle rip at the same time as the clutch and give a little pull up and she will come up nice and smooth and high.

When you learn to loosen up and lean back and relax a bit and you have more control,
it's not nearly as jerky and dropping the clutch is really smooth. I'd suggest a rolling start to achieve better balance. 5mph is good, and don't look at your tach or speedometer. Just focus on the rear brake in emergency escapes and focus on leaning back and smoothly clutching up with a fist full of throttle.

rusninja
September 14th, 2011, 08:36 AM
lol
I remember when my wheelies looked like that.
Accept I never once attempted to wheelie from a dead stop on purpose.

Why is it that people insist a motorcycle can wheelie while it's not moving?:rolleyes:

I was busting on the 250 last night this thing gets it up and then some very easy.The more you try it and the better you get at it the easier it gets.
Takes a long time and a pair of bawls! Some brains don't hurt either.

His wheelie looks totally jerky. He needs to be rolling, covering rear brake, loosen up and lean back and let the throttle rip at the same time as the clutch and give a little pull up and she will come up nice and smooth and high.

When you learn to loosen up and lean back and relax a bit and you have more control,
it's not nearly as jerky and dropping the clutch is really smooth. I'd suggest a rolling start to achieve better balance. 5mph is good, and don't look at your tach or speedometer. Just focus on the rear brake in emergency escapes and focus on leaning back and smoothly clutching up with a fist full of throttle.

More videos or bs :p :thumbup:

ninja250
September 14th, 2011, 09:16 AM
lol BS would be crashing my bike for the camera. Done it once, I'm aight on doing it again.
I'll take a video when I have something to show you.
Right now I can do a stand up wheelie and a sit down wheelie.
No big deal.
I'm learning a few things kinda quick though. Stoppies and burnouts and skidding 180's into burnouts etc. Things that might make a video more interesting than a simple quick wheelie.

I need to fix my pegs so I can learn more, faster.
I also want slower gearing. ($250 more when I can afford it)
I'm stuck at a standpoint while trying to get another bike for the freeway while keeping the ninjette for stunts. Somebody come over here and weld some reliable rear pegs onto my bike and I'll make you a brand new (interesting) noobie 250R stunt video.

I can't weld and I had eye surgery and I'm trying to get a new bike too. People keep running me off the freeway on the stunt ninja. We're going to register it non operation in Nov and call it a stunt bike for good so I'm not going anywhere and you'll see it again soon.

kingkang204
September 14th, 2011, 09:24 AM
lol BS would be crashing my bike for the camera. Done it once, I'm aight on doing it again.
No big deal.
I'm learning a few things kinda quick though. Stoppies and burnouts and skidding 180's into burnouts etc. Things that might make a video more interesting than a simple quick wheelie.

I'm stuck at a standpoint while trying to get another bike for the freeway while keeping the ninjette for stunts. Somebody come over here and weld some reliable rear pegs onto my bike and I'll make you a brand new (interesting) noobie 250R stunt video.

I can't weld and I had eye surgery and I'm trying to get a new bike too. People keep running me off the freeway on the stunt ninja. We're going to register it non operation in Nov and call it a stunt bike for good so I'm not going anywhere and you'll see it again soon.

I want to see wheelies with the new sprocket/chain set-up. If you crash for the camera, edit it out :D

ninja250
September 14th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I'll see what I can do.
I practice every night and I hate editing.. and still need pegs any way I look at it.

I don't have a tach but I'd guess it will wheelie to balance point at 5krpm or less if you lean back.
It's nice I just wish it was a bit slower. Reza's gearing is a bit fast but you can see he's very good at it. I think slower gearing is better for learning.

The colder weather will be nice for stunting since I'm always wearing lots of padding. I almost passed out learning the feel of stand up wheelies at 110* in Palm Springs.

ninja250
September 14th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I see another thing the guy in the video did "wrong".
He used all his fingers for the clutch.

This is a wheelie no no.

How will you have control of the wheelie if you have only one hand on the handlebars when you pop the clutch? (The THROTTLE HAND only no less! yikess!)

You need to use either only one or only two fingers for the clutch, so the rest of your fingers are gripping the bar to save you from losing grip while you wheelie and getting scared. :thumbup:
Keeps you in control of the bike with better grip.

If you think about it, the only thing the guy in the video's left hand is holding on to is the clutch lever and his thumb around the bar. This will create all kinds of unwanted jerky reactions. You need to be holding firm on the bars with loose elbows for the landing but need to have a "free finger" or two that is perfectly able to slip some clutch in and out fully at any time. Your right hand is completely removed from the front brake during this time. Only your right foot over the rear brake to keep you from going too far back.

Keep practicing! :cool:

ninja250
September 14th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Here's how I always keep my hand while riding.
PS shorty levers fair better in tip-overs.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/DSCN9519.jpg

GeorgiaHooligan
September 15th, 2011, 04:47 PM
needs to keepeth thy handlebars square with thy shoulders beforeth lands it.

GeorgiaHooligan
September 15th, 2011, 04:48 PM
In ga 1500.00 dollar fine caught (thats the first time).

Jiggles
September 15th, 2011, 05:52 PM
No big deal.

You should get a new tranny with 10 gears :D

SpeedDemon
September 15th, 2011, 06:10 PM
In ga 1500.00 dollar fine caught (thats the first time).

In Toronto if u get caught bustin wheelies or burnouts its a min. fine of $1500 and a max up to $3500. Plus they will give you like 3 other tickets ontop of the stunting ticket.A Squid buddy of mine got caught doing a wheelie down a major hwy in Aug. he got a ticket for stunting- $3000, Reckless driving-$775, Improper lane change-$225, Following too closely-$195, and we now have law up here 50KPH over any posted speed limit is considered racing or "stunt driving" and the cop said he had to do over 160 KPH to catch up to him but didnt have him on radar (hwy are 100KPH here). He ended up spending probly close to $7,000 in fines for everything just keep that in mind when ur on the street

U5er
September 16th, 2011, 09:40 AM
In Toronto if u get caught bustin wheelies or burnouts its a min. fine of $1500 and a max up to $3500. Plus they will give you like 3 other tickets ontop of the stunting ticket.A Squid buddy of mine got caught doing a wheelie down a major hwy in Aug. he got a ticket for stunting- $3000, Reckless driving-$775, Improper lane change-$225, Following too closely-$195, and we now have law up here 50KPH over any posted speed limit is considered racing or "stunt driving" and the cop said he had to do over 160 KPH to catch up to him but didnt have him on radar (hwy are 100KPH here). He ended up spending probly close to $7,000 in fines for everything just keep that in mind when ur on the street

Yup, tdot is the best. Ripping new holes everyday.

Lil_Green_Demon
September 17th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Holy ****! $7k fine for a simple wheelie? Hmm... I don't know how much of a fine it'll be in CA, but I'd prefer not finding out.
BTW, the dude popping a wheelie in the OP's video did it extremely sloppy. I'm not saying I could do it any better, but if you can't pop a proper wheelie, why bother posting a vid on youtube for the world to see?
No offense if that's you, OP.

Sixringz
September 17th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Adult Ridden, Never abused :)

Apex
September 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Should have titled the post "Front fork abuse". :D

:lol:

rusninja
September 17th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Here's how I always keep my hand while riding.
PS shorty levers fair better in tip-overs.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/DSCN9519.jpg

how do you like the gloves i wanted some i still kind of do but the longer ones are safer choice do those feel safe and straped on and comfortable?

Live2ride
September 17th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I did this by accident during the first few days of riding on the street. I kinda just laughed it off because I was thinking "yea, that's right, I just did a wheelie...on my 250!!!". :lol: