View Full Version : SoCal members

Lil_Green_Demon
September 15th, 2011, 09:15 AM
:attention:
Anybody want to meet up, eat some lunch/dinner, possibly ride somewhere, etc.? Maybe we can just cruise.
We can set something up!

Lil_Green_Demon
September 15th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Bump

Anyone?

massacremasses
September 15th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Norcal!!!!

Kevin2109
September 15th, 2011, 03:25 PM
tonight? I'm down! lets make it some what local though

massacremasses
September 15th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Wait so youre coming to Norcal ;)

Cazper
September 15th, 2011, 04:41 PM
When are you trying to get together? I'm dropping my bike off on Sat to KC to get a valve job... and I have to leave for school in about 45 mins. I don't have work or school tomorrow though :noidea:

Amezcua
September 15th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Friday or Saturday early am down

vujack
September 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Where are you guys at in Socal? I'm in Huntington Beach.

Lil_Green_Demon
September 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I'm headed to Adrian's on Sunday morning with KC. I hope Adrian won't mind, but maybe some of you guys can roll by then?

Amezcua
September 15th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I stay in Hawthorne near LAX

Nemesis
September 15th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Cool...meet me @ Chuckwalla Raceway on 9/23/11.

ninja250
September 15th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I'll meat you alright! :D lol just kiddingz
You guys with your tracksauce.
Poured on so thick.

Nemesis
September 15th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Have you even tracked it yet?

Trailerboy531
September 15th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I'll (probably) be off to Adrian's on Sunday morning. If that's okay with him of course.

Lil_Green_Demon
September 15th, 2011, 11:21 PM

No.

Nemesis
September 15th, 2011, 11:25 PM
No back to you! :p

Kevin2109
September 15th, 2011, 11:25 PM

interested... how much is the tack day though?

Nemesis
September 15th, 2011, 11:54 PM
interested... how much is the tack day though?

I'm not sure if you're serious or if you're planning a..

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkrZVBQWjS77Ge4mVteYmpr3nr_qc_VkvZBuB1CQyj9Fm6cYdhQg

:D

Unfortunately, all those spots are sold out. If you feel the streets are too dangerous and don't want to deal with these crazy cagers who despise motorcyclists; and truly want to learn how to ride come do a trackday where's it's safer--ambulance on scene/standby, control riders to weed out the bad riders, don't have to deal with oil slick/gravel on asphalt, great peeps who will help you learn to ride/corner/etc., great laughs, speed all you want without getting a ticket, the list just goes on.

Some trackday orgs. have deals for new members @ $99 or less. Some sell ticket packs at the motorcycle show for their upcoming events the following year @ $400 = 4 spots which you can split among friends if you can't afford the entire package.

Don't get me wrong...I miss riding the street and used to a lot but there's just too many factors that can end your life, or your ability to ride. Reminds me of a group of 250 riders 2 or 3 yrs ago who went on a canyon run and one of them being a noob or rather not as skilled crashed and was paralyzed for life. And he just got into the sport.

I love this sport and want to minimize the risks as much as possible so I can enjoy this sport for a long time. Also, prayer goes a long ways too. ;)

All I'm saying is if you decide to ride the streets try your best to control your urge to speed and ride smart/safe. :thumbup:

Peace!

Kevin2109
September 15th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I'm not sure if you're serious or if you're planning a..

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkrZVBQWjS77Ge4mVteYmpr3nr_qc_VkvZBuB1CQyj9Fm6cYdhQg

:D

Unfortunately, all those spots are sold out. If you feel the streets are too dangerous and don't want to deal with these crazy cagers who despise motorcyclists; and truly want to learn how to ride come do a trackday where's it's safer--ambulance on scene/standby, control riders to weed out the bad riders, don't have to deal with oil slick/gravel on asphalt, great peeps who will help you learn to ride/corner/etc., great laughs, speed all you want without getting a ticket, the list just goes on.

Some trackday orgs. have deals for new members @ $99 or less. Some sell ticket packs at the motorcycle show for their upcoming events the following year @ $400 = 4 spots which you can split among friends if you can't afford the entire package.

Don't get me wrong...I miss riding the street and used to a lot but there's just too many factors that can end your life, or your ability to ride. Reminds me of a group of 250 riders 2 or 3 yrs ago who went on a canyon run and one of them being a noob or rather not as skilled crashed and was paralyzed for life. And he just got into the sport.

I love this sport and want to minimize the risks as much as possible so I can enjoy this sport for a long time. Also, prayer goes a long ways too. ;)

All I'm saying is if you decide to ride the streets try your best to control your urge to speed and ride smart/safe. :thumbup:

Peace!

I love the streets, but I want to get into track soon too. If not on the 250 then on my next bike! Maybe in a month or two ill have my first track day

ninja250
September 16th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Have you even tracked it yet?

Nah.
I might take the 750 one day though for the hell of it.
Not no wobbly bent crashed ninja. I don't know how to corner that thing anymore. I'm afraid of it now.
Adrian will whip it up on a 250 though any day. You guys better hope you don't see him out there. lol

Adrian says we gotta be there early, I think he has stuff to do later in the day.

Nemesis
September 16th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Adrian will whip it up on a 250 though any day. You guys better hope you don't see him out there. lol

:crazy:

But you never know...he just may. :rolleyes:

ninja250
September 16th, 2011, 07:15 AM
He has nerves of steel.
Once he learns to perfect using them it's all over.
He got faster than me already. He just needs a bite more discipline and a very slight position adjustment.

I had nerves, but I lost them when I crashed.
I can handle low speed crashes all day but no more guard rails at full speed.
I lost my nerve while playing around near anything anymore lol
A good bike wreck on the street will do that to ya.

Upper GMR is OK where there's just a bunch of berms. I don't mind some low speed dragging up there on the clear corners. Not much could happen to ya unless you slip over the berm.

Another thing about Cool"Ad"e Adrian is he is competitive in his riding. He like to compare his speed with yours and your riding technique and pays close attention to what you are doing. He uses this to his advantage to get faster than you. This is a typical track type attitude I would imagine that would help him do very well in a competitive track type environment. He is also always filming himself to see what he is doing to improve his techniques too.

Kevin2109
September 16th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I'm just saying give me a month out on a track and I would lap Adrian all day ;)

Nemesis
September 16th, 2011, 11:37 AM
He has nerves of steel.
Once he learns to perfect using them it's all over.
He got faster than me already. He just needs a bite more discipline and a very slight position adjustment.

I had nerves, but I lost them when I crashed.
I can handle low speed crashes all day but no more guard rails at full speed.
I lost my nerve while playing around near anything anymore lol
A good bike wreck on the street will do that to ya.

Upper GMR is OK where there's just a bunch of berms. I don't mind some low speed dragging up there on the clear corners. Not much could happen to ya unless you slip over the berm.

Another thing about Cool"Ad"e Adrian is he is competitive in his riding. He like to compare his speed with yours and your riding technique and pays close attention to what you are doing. He uses this to his advantage to get faster than you. This is a typical track type attitude I would imagine that would help him do very well in a competitive track type environment. He is also always filming himself to see what he is doing to improve his techniques too.

There will always be someone faster than you. Damn you Rexbo!!! :D

Lil_Green_Demon
September 16th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Anybody down to meet up and cruise on Monday? I'm available all day. No college or work (at least I think no work). I'll verify on Sunday when the boss puts up the schedules.
I'm available to hang out every Monday, btw, so let's set up something!

andylawcc
September 16th, 2011, 11:46 PM
don't get me wrong...I miss riding the street

nah, I don't ;p

oh, okay, I lied, I do miss the streets, but not as much as Streets of Willow !