View Full Version : Went down pretty hard today! Handroids, crash proven

jamesio
September 15th, 2011, 08:42 PM
This happened at the beginning of Governor Bridge Rd, in Bowie, MD. I was coming up on a left hand corner at about 35-40mph in 4th gear. My revs were a little low so I busted out a down shift into 3rd so I could get some acceleration out of the corner. When I did this the rear tire jumped out to the right. I struggled to regain my composure mid turn and ended up target fixating on a ditch :eek: It happened SO fast.

Why did I lose traction? I down shifted a little late but I was just barely leaned over when I down shifted. The road was also a little damp from some rain that had just occurred, tho it was not raining at the time. I panicked a little when I lost traction and target fixated.

As far as I know I slammed into the ditch and went over the bars. Luckily I didn't fly into a tree. In fact, the landing was quite soft. I landed in some very squishy mud and grass. The bike was a bitch to get out of that mud, and to top it off, it started to rain. But we got it out eventually. The damage is pretty bad, but seems to be purely cosmetic. The bike wouldn't start for a while but then she fired right up. THE MIGHTY NINJA :D Me and my buddy are going to clean her up and check her over tomorrow.

As for me, I was wearing all my gear.

Exo-700 helmet
pro sub 4 back protector
dainese racing jacket
handroids
shift torque jeans
sidi st boots

I wasn't wearing knee armor, oddly enough tho I just ordered some dainese alien leather pants last night with full hip, knee and shin protection.

All the gear is fine, just dirty. The handroids did there job flawlessly, and the SPS system worked. The sliders deflected the impact and protected my wrist and shoulder.

As for me the only injury is my ankle. I must have wrenched it pretty good because I can't walk or put any weight on it. I currently have it elevated and iced. Will be going to medical tomorrow morning.

To tell the truth, I'm not as shaken up as I thought I would be. It definitely sucks, but I think the damage is all cosmetic. I still have the desire to ride again and want to get back in the saddle asap. I have some awesome friends. I called my buddy and he came out with his truck and we loaded up my bike. I didn't have to call a tow truck. After we loaded it up we all went to chilis :lol: I hobbled in in a dirty white t shirt, soaked and muddy jeans and soaked and muddy sidi st boots :lol: The waitress ended up dropping my plate of food all over the ground :lol: I ended up getting a free meal :D And tomorrow we are going to clean the bike up and make sure nothing is seriously wrong with her. :D

My ankle tho...god it hurts bad. I hope it's not fractured...there is a good size bump protruding from the top left side of my left foot.

Alex
September 15th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Oh no! Never fun looking at a newly scuffed up ninjette. Hope your ankle feels better soon...

jamesio
September 15th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Oh no! Never fun looking at a newly scuffed up ninjette. Hope your ankle feels better soon...

Yup...I'm kind of over it tho. I like to think of the scuffs as badges. :lol: Gives the bike some character :D

pilotgeorge747
September 15th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Sorry to hear about the crash. I hope you and your bike get better soon. I am still getting used to my bike again after my lowside a few months back. Could it possibly be that you didn't blip the throttle when dowshifting and the rear tire locked up and lost traction?

Honko
September 15th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Ooof. You were wearing your ST's and your ankle is still hurting, can't imagine what might have happened if you weren't wearing them :eek: Good to hear your okay but it is sad to see your bike in that condition and the DIANESE JACKET NOOOOO. HOpefully it cleans off well :D

Honko
September 15th, 2011, 09:31 PM
This does make me realize I don't have ANY friends who drive a pick up so if I were to get into a bender like that I'd be **** out of luck and have to call a tow :(

squaregamer476
September 15th, 2011, 10:26 PM
man, i wonder how that happened. I was closely reading the part where you downshifted and your wheel jumped. Got anymore details on it?
If your wheel jumped to the right, could it be avoided if you countersteered ( i think) more. Like a drift i mean.
im very puzzled...

Lou
September 15th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Sorry to hear about the bike! Glad there was plenty grass and mudd to soften the fall.

rusninja
September 15th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Didnt you just get the new gear >.<

nixthewiz
September 15th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Glad you're relatively okay. The reason why you slid out was because you ran out of traction.

In a corner you tire has a certain amount of traction. Some of it goes to turning and some of it goes to acceleration (strictly speaking it's only acceleration as turning is acceleration in a different direction). Your tire will slide if you run out of traction.

In this case, downshifting slowed down your rear wheel very fast which means that all the traction you have went to the deceleration of your rear tire (downshifting causes deceleration or negative acceleration in this case) and you ran out of traction. The tire slid out from under you and your bike twitched as your rear tire struggled to keep contact with the ground.

Next time when you enter a corner and realize that your rev is a little low do not worry. Leaning by countersteering will increase the rev a little bit. In this case you can also apply a tiny bit of throttle to get the rev up a little bit. Downshifting in a middle of a corner is not something you want to try if you do not have that much experience.

Don't worry it happens to everyone. I myself did that once and almost crashed into a median when I first started riding. Just make sure to look through the corner next time to avoid target fixation. Heal up!

azimmer11
September 16th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Yup...I'm kind of over it tho. I like to think of the scuffs as badges. :lol: Gives the bike some character :D

+1. i lowsided a while ago because someone cut me off at an intersection in the rain. the damage wasn't bad at all; just a few scuffs on the left fairing. i never bothered to fix it though :p going to wait til winter

akima
September 16th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Glad to hear you and your girl are pretty much ok.

Great you had all your gear on, great that you have good friends to help you out and great that you're keeping a positive attitude about it all!

LMAO at the waitress. Was she suddenly shocked to see you looking like a mud monster do you think? Maybe she was turned on by your post-accident, gruff-looking, warrior-man look! :p

ninja250
September 16th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Hard to get used to shifting before and after corners sometimes.

One little sloppy thing is all it takes too. So easy with two tiny contact patches keeping you up!

Glad you are OK! Looks like the gear did it's job! :thumbup:

Count your blessings, any crash you can walk away from was a great one.

PS leathers were meant to get dirty i never clean mine. Girlies hate it. haha

ninjagaiden09
September 16th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Glad you are Ok... :( Sorry to hear about the bike.

U5er
September 16th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I have the same gloves, glad to see they worked. Good thing you have a positive spirit. Don't sweat it, soon, you will be back on your feet..err...ninja.

Toper
September 16th, 2011, 09:49 AM
damn, sorry to hear about this. glad you're ok.

jamesio
September 16th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks everybody. I typed that up pretty quick last night. I will try and type a more detailed explanation of how I think things went down/ To be honest I'm still a little unsure.

Ok, so before the action starts there are some mild sweepers and a few semi-tight corners before the fun really starts. I've taken that left hander I crashed on a bunch of times before. It's not a blind turn or anything too treacherous. I think the road is off cambered tho. I remember coming in a little fast (around 45-50mph) and I'm pretty sure I was in 4th gear. I remember braking to about 35- 40mph. It was right before the turn when I downshifted. I may have been just slightly leaned over to the left when I downshifted. I don't think I blipped the throttle because I remember the downshift being a little harsh, like the bike kind of jerked. When I downshifted I remember feeling the rear wheel slide out to the right. When that happened I lost all confidence in the road and my tires and ended up target fixating on that ditch. I remember braking really hard in an attempt to stop and the last thing I remember is seeing the front wheel go out from under the bike right before i flew into the ditch :lol: My buddy said it looked pretty bad. The road was also damp from fresh rain, but it wasn't raining at the time I crashed. After I hit the ground I bounced up pretty quick and was just like 'fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu*k' :lol:

To break it down simply I feel like I crashed because when the rear slid out it spooked me and I ended up target fixating. It was one of those 'oh sh*t' moments. I'm sure if I would have just turned my head and committed to the turn and trusted my tires I wouldn't have crashed. I'm not gonna beat myself up over it tho.

Sorry to hear about the crash. I hope you and your bike get better soon. I am still getting used to my bike again after my lowside a few months back. Could it possibly be that you didn't blip the throttle when dowshifting and the rear tire locked up and lost traction?

I think that was part of it, the bike jerked a bit when I downshifted because I didnt blip.

Ooof. You were wearing your ST's and your ankle is still hurting, can't imagine what might have happened if you weren't wearing them :eek: Good to hear your okay but it is sad to see your bike in that condition and the DIANESE JACKET NOOOOO. HOpefully it cleans off well :D
This does make me realize I don't have ANY friends who drive a pick up so if I were to get into a bender like that I'd be **** out of luck and have to call a tow :(

The jacket is ok :D I just need to take a wet rag to it :) And ya, I got very lucky. My buddy also rides a lot and has a truck and a motorcycle trailer. I'm very grateful he was able to come out.

I spent all day in the ER today. Just finally got back home. They took xrays of my ankle, then told me my ankle looked ok. So then they took xrays of my foot and told me the same thing. :confused: The final diagnosis was a sprained ankle, even after they told me my ankle was fine. They wrapped my foot and gave me an air cast for my ankle. To tell the truth, my ankle isn't really what is hurting, my foot is. There is a swollen bump on the side of my foot and I can't put any weight on it. To be honest I am not confident in the diagnosis they gave me and if by monday the pain hasn't gotten better I am going back. I'm still worried that my foot is broken and they half assed the diagnosis. I never really got to talk to the Dr. and they never went over the xray results. Military health care is "free" for a reason, I guess. :rolleyes:

jamesio
September 16th, 2011, 02:25 PM
LMAO at the waitress. Was she suddenly shocked to see you looking like a mud monster do you think? Maybe she was turned on by your post-accident, gruff-looking, warrior-man look! :p

I did get a lot of looks hobbling in there with my muddy,wet clothes and race boots :lol: Maybe she just couldn't handle the manliness :lol:

paterick4o8
September 16th, 2011, 02:29 PM
heal up buddy. glad you made it ok with no major bodily damages

jamesio
September 16th, 2011, 03:06 PM
heal up buddy. glad you made it ok with no major bodily damages

Thanks man, I'm happy to walk away from that :)

Here is a picture of my foot/ankle this morning, and now

edit - btw, crutches suck

outcast
September 16th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Not sure how much rain you have had in your area lately, but i know here in texas i would much rather ride/drive after 8 hours of down pour raining than ride/drive after a 15 min storm. The issue we run in to down here is the oil that has gathered on the road after a period of no rain starts to come to the surface and drain off the road making it really slick.

jamesio
September 16th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Not sure how much rain you have had in your area lately, but i know here in texas i would much rather ride/drive after 8 hours of down pour raining than ride/drive after a 15 min storm. The issue we run in to down here is the oil that has gathered on the road after a period of no rain starts to come to the surface and drain off the road making it really slick.

Yup, that's the general issue just about everywhere and it's always the most dangerous to be riding/driving in the beginning of a rain.

I should have called our ride off but I was itching to go so bad and thought we could beat the storm.

LexisReid
September 16th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Glad you are ok!

RedCromwell
September 16th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Your foot looks pretty bad. Hope you heal up quick.

massacremasses
September 16th, 2011, 05:28 PM
suuucks but yeah that looks like a pretty slick road :o

GeorgiaHooligan
September 16th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Gives the bike some character

LOL, keep telling yourself that. Sounds like you need to practice shifting.

jamesio
September 16th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Cleaned up all the gear tonight. Looks like the Dainese jacket will need some more thorough cleaning, there are some grass stains. Cleaned up my sidi st's real good and took some pics of the damage. The right one is still undamaged except from regular riding marks. The left boot took all the damage at the reinforced toe box area, toe slider, and the heel cup. Nothing too serious tho. Makes sense since it is my left foot that got injured. The slider and heel cup are replaceable (they dont need to be but it's a nice feature) :)

ichibunkid.206
September 16th, 2011, 10:49 PM
James... sorry to hear about your crash, and your ankle...

I hope you heal up quick, and get your bike up and going again....

TFKninja
September 16th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I know your Pain, Get a ct scan If your concerned about your foot. that will tell ya if there is anything bad. Crutches do suck, Im with ya. I hired a wheel chair for work so my hands are free, The best thing about wheel chairs is you dont mind going shopping with the MRS as much, You have a permanent seat, so she can take her time now, I just sit and play games on the ol' iphone instead of looking around for seat somewhere.lol...Any hoo. Hope you and your bike Heal soon.

gt_turbo
September 17th, 2011, 09:09 AM
your bike don't look too bad for a high side crash. get healed up and hop back on that iron horse.

jamesio
September 18th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Luckily I have a couple buddies who are sea bee's! They took in my bike, we checked it over at the shop, all seems well and it runs fine. We cleaned the bike and the fairings up and buttoned everything back together. Here are some more pics of the bike. Exactly 4200 on the od before my first crash :p

Oh ya, they are also helping me get my truck running again. I was ignoring it because I had my bike :lol: First they came and picked me and my bike up w/o question. Then when I mentioned my truck was also not starting they gave me a 'oh no worries we'll tow it to the shop this weekend and have a look, glad you mentioned it'. One of the guys is a crackshot mechanic. I thank God for having such awesome friends.

All the guy wanted was a 30 pack of bud for the truck work and me pay for parts of course and my other buddy(the one who picked me up) is a harley rider so I just ordered him one of those gremlin bells that harley riders get, Thought it would be a cool thank you gift.

The next order of business is to heal up so I can get back on my bike and go finish that turn :D On second thought...I'm sure my sidi st's would adjust enough to accomodate my wrapped up foot...:eek: hehe

akima
September 18th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Look at the front tyre in the picture which shows the cracked, front, mud guard. It looks a bit like the tyre is split. Can you see that? :(

jamesio
September 18th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Look at the front tyre in the picture which shows the cracked, front, mud guard. It looks a bit like the tyre is split. Can you see that? :(

Hmm, I think I see what you're talking about. Didn't notice that before but I will hobble outside and check it out.

akima
September 18th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Hmm, I think I see what you're talking about. Didn't notice that before but I will hobble outside and check it out.

Aww... poor hobbling human!

Hopefully it's just a bit of tar or something like that.

massacremasses
September 18th, 2011, 02:06 PM
That and having a garage you can use is nice....

Pete22x
September 20th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Glad you're okay, and I hope that ankle heals quickly.

jamesio
September 20th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Glad you're okay, and I hope that ankle heals quickly.

Thank you, Pete.

Went for a very short ride today to pick up some things I needed and I'm reluctant to say it but it seems my ankle is gonna take me out of any serious riding for the rest of the season. To start it has been swollen for almost a week now, when I put on my sidi st the boot was still extra tight around my foot from the swelling. That, and I am still limping on it pretty good. I can bear weight on it but it hurts to move my ankle/foot in certain positions and shifting doesn't feel to good either. :confused:

NikkitaNinja
September 20th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Good to know you're healing and still alive.

akima
September 21st, 2011, 03:24 AM
Thank you, Pete.

Went for a very short ride today to pick up some things I needed and I'm reluctant to say it but it seems my ankle is gonna take me out of any serious riding for the rest of the season. To start it has been swollen for almost a week now, when I put on my sidi st the boot was still extra tight around my foot from the swelling. That, and I am still limping on it pretty good. I can bear weight on it but it hurts to move my ankle/foot in certain positions and shifting doesn't feel to good either. :confused:

That sucks!

I guess if you really need a motorcycle fix, you could buy/rent a scooter just until your ankle is better.

jamesio
September 21st, 2011, 05:38 AM
That sucks!

I guess if you really need a motorcycle fix, you could buy/rent a scooter just until your ankle is better.

Oh God no I wouldn't be caught dead on a scooter :lol: Besides, do you know how much sh*t my buddies would give me if they saw me pull up on a scooter? :lol: This would be them >>> :pound:

akima
September 21st, 2011, 05:54 AM
Oh God no I wouldn't be caught dead on a scooter :lol: Besides, do you know how much sh*t my buddies would give me if they saw me pull up on a scooter? :lol: This would be them >>> :pound:

At least you'd be able to pull up! I bet they're giving you some **** for your hobbling!

Unless you're working a desk job on the base, I guess you're having to take leave from that too right now.

RaZeDaHeLL
September 21st, 2011, 06:04 AM
Sorry about your crash! Hope you feel better.

jamesio
September 21st, 2011, 06:41 AM
At least you'd be able to pull up! I bet they're giving you some **** for your hobbling!

Unless you're working a desk job on the base, I guess you're having to take leave from that too right now.

Ya they are, but I have a cool motorcycle crash story so its ok :p The ladies love it. :lol: :rolleyes:

yesterday I was wearing my superman shirt and hobbled into another chilis (im a fan lol) and our waitress, who was pretty cute came up to me and she goes, 'what happened to your foot superman ;)' then i said ' i was on a motorcycle and ran into some kryptonite' :lol: luckily no food was dropped on the floor this time :lol:

Ya work doesnt have me doin anything right now. The doc put me in quarters status for a couple days (basically that means i get to stay home all day) so I was like screw this and spent 2 days at my girlfriends house, who is a nurse :p

Sorry about your crash! Hope you feel better.
the percocet helps me feel better...:lol:

akima
September 21st, 2011, 07:07 AM
yesterday I was wearing my superman shirt and hobbled into another chilis (im a fan lol) and our waitress, who was pretty cute came up to me and she goes, 'what happened to your foot superman ;)' then i said ' i was on a motorcycle and ran into some kryptonite' :lol: luckily no food was dropped on the floor this time :lol:

You smooth! Causing us girls to go weak at the knees ;)

jamesio
September 21st, 2011, 07:31 AM
You smooth! Causing us girls to go weak at the knees ;)

What can I say? It's what I do ;)

:rolleyes:

jamesio
September 22nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
Here are pictures that pretty much sum up all of the damage

Should I make an insurance claim? I have full coverage and my deductible is $500. Would it be worth it? Do you think state farm would just total out the bike and hand me a check?

I also don't want my rates to go up, and if I don't make a claim soon I was just gonna cancel out my insurance because I can't ride anymore anyway because of my ankle/foot and sell the bike. I am thinking if I would try to sell it for about $2000 - $1700 after I get the brakes serviced. $1700 is what I owe on it.

One thing I did notice is that the windshield/cowl/plastic got bent pretty good. The left side of the wind screen is all bent out of center I included a picture.

I have ridden it around and I am going to have to suck it up and ride to the shop to get the brakes serviced anyway. But the damage seems to be purely cosmetic. Otherwise it operates and runs like it did before the wreck.

Oh yeah, the seat cowl got ruined and for some reason I can't get the stock passenger seat to secure on the back :confused:

thoughts?

akima
September 22nd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Here are pictures that pretty much sum up all of the damage

Should I make an insurance claim? I have full coverage and my deductible is $500. Would it be worth it? Do you think state farm would just total out the bike and hand me a check?

I also don't want my rates to go up, and if I don't make a claim soon I was just gonna cancel out my insurance because I can't ride anymore anyway because of my ankle/foot and sell the bike. I am thinking if I would try to sell it for about $2000 - $1700 after I get the brakes serviced. $1700 is what I owe on it.

One thing I did notice is that the windshield/cowl/plastic got bent pretty good. The left side of the wind screen is all bent out of center I included a picture.

I have ridden it around and I am going to have to suck it up and ride to the shop to get the brakes serviced anyway. But the damage seems to be purely cosmetic. Otherwise it operates and runs like it did before the wreck.

Oh yeah, the seat cowl got ruined and for some reason I can't get the stock passenger seat to secure on the back :confused:

thoughts?

I have trouble getting my passenger seat on and off on my non-crashed bike.

Personally I would make a decision after I had received a quote from the garage saying how much it would cost to repair. If there is only £500 of damage then obviously there is no point using your insurance.

Sad to here your thinking of selling her :( Will you get another bike when you're healed up? Which model, or what engine size are you thinking of?

jamesio
September 22nd, 2011, 11:15 AM
I have trouble getting my passenger seat on and off on my non-crashed bike.

Personally I would make a decision after I had received a quote from the garage saying how much it would cost to repair. If there is only £500 of damage then obviously there is no point using your insurance.

Sad to here your thinking of selling her :( Will you get another bike when you're healed up? Which model, or what engine size are you thinking of?

Just called up the garage I go to and they are gonna give me some advice when I go in on monday to get the brakes serviced. Ya, it is kinda sad but I still have every desire to ride motorcycles! It's just that I can't ride this season anymore anyway and I was hoping to get a bigger bike for next season. I have already decided my next bike is gonna be a Suzuki SV650S. My buddy has one and he let me ride it around a little bit and I loved it. The V-twin's power is very manageable, much like the 250's and my biggest thing was it felt more comfortable. I'm 6'1" and I feel a little cramped on the 250 and have been told I look huge on the thing :o I sat on the SV and my legs felt a lot better and the size of the bike just fit me better overall. Oh yeah and the V-twin sounds awesome with a slip on or aftermarket full exhaust :D

edit - oh ya, akima, that thing you pointed out on the tire, it was just a little bit of rubber. The tires are so new that those little slivers of rubber are still in between the tread (hard to explain). I'm guessing it's just left over from when they pull the tire from the mold. All is good :)

double edit :lol: - and ya i remember having the hardest time getting the rear seat to go back on when i first got the bike so i'm not sure if it wont go back on because of the crash or if it's just me bein a retard again :lol: :confused:

RaZeDaHeLL
September 22nd, 2011, 11:43 AM
There was a small rubber piece I had to install on the ninja itself for the back part of the rear seat cowl to fit snuggly. If you remove that piece the passenger seat should fit again.

Edit: I actually see the piece in your second pic, its that round rubber thing!

jamesio
September 22nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
There was a small rubber piece I had to install on the ninja itself for the back part of the rear seat cowl to fit snuggly. If you remove that piece the passenger seat should fit again.

I know! ;) I remembered to take it out but for the life of me I can't get the seat to secure in place. The front works fine where it locks in place but the rear is all loosey goosey :lol: Maybe I'll go play with it some more.

akima
September 22nd, 2011, 12:33 PM

Oh wow LOL. That rubber thing randomly popped out the other day and I had no idea where it came from. Guess I now know. Thanks!

akima
September 22nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Just called up the garage I go to and they are gonna give me some advice when I go in on monday to get the brakes serviced. Ya, it is kinda sad but I still have every desire to ride motorcycles! It's just that I can't ride this season anymore anyway and I was hoping to get a bigger bike for next season. I have already decided my next bike is gonna be a Suzuki SV650S. My buddy has one and he let me ride it around a little bit and I loved it. The V-twin's power is very manageable, much like the 250's and my biggest thing was it felt more comfortable. I'm 6'1" and I feel a little cramped on the 250 and have been told I look huge on the thing :o I sat on the SV and my legs felt a lot better and the size of the bike just fit me better overall. Oh yeah and the V-twin sounds awesome with a slip on or aftermarket full exhaust :D

edit - oh ya, akima, that thing you pointed out on the tire, it was just a little bit of rubber. The tires are so new that those little slivers of rubber are still in between the tread (hard to explain). I'm guessing it's just left over from when they pull the tire from the mold. All is good :)

double edit :lol: - and ya i remember having the hardest time getting the rear seat to go back on when i first got the bike so i'm not sure if it wont go back on because of the crash or if it's just me bein a retard again :lol: :confused:

I'm always re-editing too. Forgetful human.

6'1"... you look shorter than that in your photos. I guess you're just proportional for your height. Tall guys... mmmm ;)

Glad to hear you're staying with bikes. Bet your Suzi is going to be nice. I'm definitely not ready for a bigger bike yet. I still feel like my Ninjette has more in her than I can handle. I overtook a car today and twisted the throttle a little faster than usual. Damn near fell off the back of the bike :eek:

TFKninja
September 22nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
That little rubber thing Ive never had on mine and my seat was difficult before, When I did my repairs on the back end the other day I noticed the bracket that rubber thing is in was bent down making it harder to get into the slot under the seat, I put a lever under and bent it up then bashed it around a bit with a hammer and vise grips till it looked straighter now the seat fits beautiful. M8 I am getting a bigger bike next year too probably a Fatboy lo, but I'm thinking of keeping my ninjette now, It is nice to have both options, If you keep it and slowly repair it over the off season as you get loose change, your lucky you have insurance, I paid for mine cash, but never got around to insuring it, what made me cry at the crash was the fact that I was meant insure it that day but got too busy and ran out of time, now it's getting repaired out of my own pocket. Big bikes are nice but ninjettes are fun, Ive got 3months before I can walk again, That bruising looks a bit like mine was. I took about a month to go away, Im sure you will have a speedy recovery because you wore boots, I know its hard to make decisions about what to do when your in pain and on painkillers and feeling down about it, Every time I have to get up and go to the toilet on the crutches get's me down. I'd sleep on it and wait till your feeling better, rather than make a decison you may regret. Just something to think about, I know every one is different.

RaZeDaHeLL
September 22nd, 2011, 06:41 PM
Oh wow LOL. That rubber thing randomly popped out the other day and I had no idea where it came from. Guess I now know. Thanks!

You're welcome, it was a pain in the rear to get that thing in there in the first place.

jamesio
September 23rd, 2011, 11:48 AM
6'1"... you look shorter than that in your photos. I guess you're just proportional for your height. Tall guys... mmmm ;)

Glad to hear you're staying with bikes. Bet your Suzi is going to be nice. I'm definitely not ready for a bigger bike yet. I still feel like my Ninjette has more in her than I can handle. I overtook a car today and twisted the throttle a little faster than usual. Damn near fell off the back of the bike :eek:

;)

I never get that! :lol: I added a photo of me on a zx6r...I think it shows my tall-ness better because I am flat footing it with room to spare. :D

Throttle control, woman! :lol: :p The SV-650S will fit me nice. Yes, it has more power but like I mentioned v-twin it has is tuned for more useable power on the street and it has some sexy low end torque :D

That little rubber thing Ive never had on mine and my seat was difficult before, When I did my repairs on the back end the other day I noticed the bracket that rubber thing is in was bent down making it harder to get into the slot under the seat, I put a lever under and bent it up then bashed it around a bit with a hammer and vise grips till it looked straighter now the seat fits beautiful. M8 I am getting a bigger bike next year too probably a Fatboy lo, but I'm thinking of keeping my ninjette now, It is nice to have both options, If you keep it and slowly repair it over the off season as you get loose change, your lucky you have insurance, I paid for mine cash, but never got around to insuring it, what made me cry at the crash was the fact that I was meant insure it that day but got too busy and ran out of time, now it's getting repaired out of my own pocket. Big bikes are nice but ninjettes are fun, Ive got 3months before I can walk again, That bruising looks a bit like mine was. I took about a month to go away, Im sure you will have a speedy recovery because you wore boots, I know its hard to make decisions about what to do when your in pain and on painkillers and feeling down about it, Every time I have to get up and go to the toilet on the crutches get's me down. I'd sleep on it and wait till your feeling better, rather than make a decison you may regret. Just something to think about, I know every one is different.

It's all rainy now but later I'll go out there and fiddle with it more and check that bracket you mentioned. I have definitely thought about keeping my ninjette and I really want to, it's such a cheap bike and I was thinking I could make a track bike out of it. Problem is I'm in the military for another year at least and can't be haulin' 2 bikes around if I move and don't really have the coin to build a track day bike. Especially if I am going to be getting another bike that I am going to want to mod up a little. The SV650's sound real nice with a aftermarket exhaust :) That sucks how you meant to insure it, I would have cried to. :lol: Thanks for the words of confidence. It does suck. My biggest thing is not being able to run or do the sealfit workouts with my buddies. Yesterday I went to the gym and did as many rounds as possible in 20 mins of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 situps and I was able to use the rower after and did a 1,000m row. I was glad I could do that, it helped burn off the frustration. I just need to keep thinking of exercises that are zero impact on my feet. Rowing will have to do for now in place of running.

akima
September 23rd, 2011, 12:40 PM
;)

I never get that! :lol: I added a photo of me on a zx6r...I think it shows my tall-ness better because I am flat footing it with room to spare. :D

Throttle control, woman! :lol: :p The SV-650S will fit me nice. Yes, it has more power but like I mentioned v-twin it has is tuned for more useable power on the street and it has some sexy low end torque :D

Oh yeah: found that picture. You do look tall there. You also look like you're in a blissful daydream which involves that zx6r and lots of empty, pristine, twisty roads!

Yeah - my throttle control isn't great. I'm getting better though. I've been reading that Keith Code book to try and learn a thing or too: everyone seems to recommend that.

AznJoJo
September 23rd, 2011, 01:36 PM
I'm sorry James that I never saw this thread and to see how you're doing! :( However it looks like Nurse Akima is here to make you feel better so I take it back a little, haha :p

Get well my dear! :)

akima
September 23rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
I'm sorry James that I never saw this thread and to see how you're doing! :( However it looks like Nurse Akima is here to make you feel better so I take it back a little, haha :p

Get well my dear! :)

What can I say? Cute, hobbling Cali guys gotta get their nursing! I'm pretty sure his gf has him covered though. :rolleyes:

My younger brother had an accident and hurt is ankle and showed the same frustration as you. He too carried on working out but focusing more on his upper body. He's also in the forces (RAF), He recovered amazingly quick, thanks in part to getting a good physiotherapist to help him through it.

jamesio
September 23rd, 2011, 02:58 PM
What can I say? Cute, hobbling Cali guys gotta get their nursing! I'm pretty sure his gf has him covered though. :rolleyes:

My younger brother had an accident and hurt is ankle and showed the same frustration as you. He too carried on working out but focusing more on his upper body. He's also in the forces (RAF), He recovered amazingly quick, thanks in part to getting a good physiotherapist to help him through it.

Oh gosh :o

I'll take all the nurses I can get :lol: :bounce:

thank you, jojo :) you two should be like the certified ninjette nurses or something :lol:

Ya, I thought about that to...I could just start lifting heavy and get JAAAACKED :lol: I'm more of an endurance guy tho :)

jamesio
September 23rd, 2011, 03:07 PM
Oh yeah: found that picture. You do look tall there. You also look like you're in a blissful daydream which involves that zx6r and lots of empty, pristine, twisty roads!

Yeah - my throttle control isn't great. I'm getting better though. I've been reading that Keith Code book to try and learn a thing or too: everyone seems to recommend that.

you read me like a book :D

havent read thru the keith code book yet, how is it? im finishing more proficient motorcycling by david l. hough

akima
September 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM
you read me like a book :D

havent read thru the keith code book yet, how is it? im finishing more proficient motorcycling by david l. hough

Keith Code's book -- A Twist of the Wrist II -- is great! I recommend you watch the DVD first. It has the same name as the book. I kept laughing while watching it because they have these really goofy motorcycle actors. They slowly progress in skill as the film goes on. Really corny but great fun.

How is your book? Recommend it?

akima
September 23rd, 2011, 03:14 PM
thank you, jojo :) you two should be like the certified ninjette nurses or something :lol:

If so, one of us has to be the evil nurse :devil: and the other, the nice :angel:

Got a preference AznJojo? :p

jamesio
September 23rd, 2011, 03:22 PM
Keith Code's book -- A Twist of the Wrist II -- is great! I recommend you watch the DVD first. It has the same name as the book. I kept laughing while watching it because they have these really goofy motorcycle actors. They slowly progress in skill as the film goes on. Really corny but great fun.

How is your book? Recommend it?

Ya, I saw a clip of the DVD on you tube, I'll have to pick it up :)

David Hough's More Proficient Motorcycling is a bit dry but has lots of great information. It's more focused on staying alive on the street and there are some interesting physics described in the book (ooooooooh physics, exciting!) I would still recommend it though.

jamesio
September 23rd, 2011, 03:23 PM
If so, one of us has to be the evil nurse :devil: and the other, the nice :angel:

but why? you're both so hug-able :lol:

:hug:

akima
September 23rd, 2011, 03:28 PM
but why? you're both so hug-able :lol:

:hug:

Aww :love:

Hmmm... maybe I'm thinking of good cop bad cop. Good nurse bad nurse probably doesn't have the same effect :p

AznJoJo
September 23rd, 2011, 03:39 PM

No, I think I can play both pretty well, so it's up to you... I have an avatar most suited for this thread! expect it soon, haha. Unless it's a chef, I can't remember, lmao! :p

jamesio
September 23rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
Aww :love:

Hmmm... maybe I'm thinking of good cop bad cop. Good nurse bad nurse probably doesn't have the same effect :p

naughty nurse nice nurse sounds better :lol: :bounce: or just two nice's or two naughty's :lol:

good cop bad cop makes me think of that scene in the other guys with will ferrell and mark wahlberg :lol: ever seen it?

edit - oh ya, guess what my 2 nurses :lol:, it's my 21st bday today :D

akima
September 23rd, 2011, 03:53 PM
No, I think I can play both pretty well, so it's up to you... I have an avatar most suited for this thread! expect it soon, haha. Unless it's a chef, I can't remember, lmao! :p

Confusing a chef with a nurse... I'm sure the two of us will provide great care to the needy guys! :rolleyes:

naughty nurse nice nurse sounds better :lol: :bounce: or just two nice's or two naughty's :lol:

good cop bad cop makes me think of that scene in the other guys with will ferrell and mark wahlberg :lol: ever seen it?

edit - oh ya, guess what my 2 nurses :lol:, it's my 21st bday today :D

LMAO I forgot about that film. Found a clip of that scene on youtube :rotflmao: He completely flips out! <3 Will Ferrell

Is it really your birthday or is that a part of the ninjette nurse fantasy you're no doubt forging in that day dreaming head of yours!

That's right... I can read your mind!!

Anyway. Midnight here; nini :sleep:

jamesio
September 23rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
Confusing a chef with a nurse... I'm sure the two of us will provide great care to the needy guys! :rolleyes:

LMAO I forgot about that film. Found a clip of that scene on youtube :rotflmao: He completely flips out! <3 Will Ferrell

Is it really your birthday or is that a part of the ninjette nurse fantasy you're no doubt forging in that day dreaming head of yours!

That's right... I can read your mind!!

Anyway. Midnight here; nini :sleep:

After it's all over Will Ferrell is like, "oh...i thought you said bad cop bad cop" :rotflmao:

no i swear its really my bday! :party: i have the email from ninjette.org wishing me a happy bday to prove it :lol: im getting ready to hobble out the door to drink myself into a hobbling frenzy :lol:

AznJoJo
September 23rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
After it's all over Will Ferrell is like, "oh...i thought you said bad cop bad cop" :rotflmao:

no i swear its really my bday! :party: i have the email from ninjette.org wishing me a happy bday to prove it :lol:

it being your bday today seems a little too conveninent... haha

Nonetheless, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES - Nurse Jojo :P

jamesio
September 23rd, 2011, 04:23 PM
it being your bday today seems a little too conveninent... haha

Nonetheless, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES - Nurse Jojo :P

I SWEAR!!! :bounce:

heres proof :p

zilaniz
September 23rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Glad your alright, bikes can always be replaced. Imagine how you ankle/foot would have been if you were just wearing some sneakers!

jamesio
September 25th, 2011, 12:53 PM
That little rubber thing Ive never had on mine and my seat was difficult before, When I did my repairs on the back end the other day I noticed the bracket that rubber thing is in was bent down making it harder to get into the slot under the seat, I put a lever under and bent it up then bashed it around a bit with a hammer and vise grips till it looked straighter now the seat fits beautiful.

Thanks for the tip dude! Just went out there and that was the culprit. The bracket was just slightly bent downward. I was able to muscle it and bend that fu**er back up and now the seat fits great :D