View Full Version : SoCal tech day?

Socal5646
September 16th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Noticed some of you guys have met up and done this before! SSS thinking it would be cool to try and get another one going! Anyone interested?

Trailerboy531
September 16th, 2011, 11:39 PM
There may be one happening very soon (this weekend?)

We'll let you know when we do.

andylawcc
September 16th, 2011, 11:43 PM
oh, something like this?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83888&page=4

Trailerboy531
September 17th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Yes something like that. Although more short notice, if it does occur, so probably with less participants.

ninja250
September 17th, 2011, 05:57 AM
This weekend (Sunday early AM) we have a 9am to noon micro tech day in Glendora.
It's gonna be a quickie meet up most likely and since I will be right there I will probably hit GMR too afterward on my way home since it heads that way.

New riders are not advised to follow me up this hill.. but anyone is welcome to tag along and watch/wrench for the three hours I will be working on Adrians bike. Again, no GMR for the new guys. You will crash or wet your pants, at least.

I'm picking up Umar on the way. Umar, wake up early man. 7:15am I'll be revving my engine at your gate waiting. :D We have a 70mph trip speed limit because I don't want tickets on the new machine.

Anyone else who needs to follow along between Moval to Glendora, let me know now.
Anyone who wants to go needs to not be late to this meet, as time is short. If you are late you will be showing up to a closed garage and a busy Adrian who will turn you away.

What I do is leave early and when I get there gas up and ride around on GMR for a bit waiting for Adrian to open up shop at 9am. In this way I am punctual.
PM me for address.

sixer
September 17th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Wuts goin on today?
Posted via Mobile Device

ninja250
September 17th, 2011, 06:44 AM
You're coming here to see my new bike and get carbs tuned while I do valve job for Cazper.
I think we need to do jets for you also.

BE CAREFUL, there is "Marbles" (fine gravel) all over Idyllwild/242 right now so go extra slow when you come through today! Also, we seem to have a hair of drizzle going on. Wave all the cars who honk by you and just go EXTRA SLOW man, or don't bother coming through. I don't want you to dump it on these bad conditions. If you have to, go around!

If anyone wants to come by today to chat or watch a valve job or get very minimal work done on their bike, I'm fine with that.

PM for address.

Umar: you want your plate lights done today? Bring them by, I'll be in the garage most of the day and they are quick work. If you are free today, let's get them out of the way before tomorrow, because I have to finish Adrian's bike tomorrow in a short amount of time.

You guys have me strapped down, that's for sure.

Cazper
September 17th, 2011, 06:47 AM
I'm about to head to KC's to get my valve job done!!! I'm planning to go to Adrian's tomorrow as well... I gotta ride GMR again and I still want to meet Adrian... and hang out with whomever is gonna be there of course :thumbup:

ninja250
September 17th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Be safe on your way up. No speeding, no tickets.
Bit of moisture in the chilly air also, may want a warm jacket.

Lil_Green_Demon
September 17th, 2011, 07:17 AM
What time can I swing by to install the license plate lights?
I can leave within the next few minutes if it's cool with you.

Lil_Green_Demon
September 17th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I'm picking up Umar on the way. Umar, wake up early man. 7:15am I'll be revving my engine at your gate waiting. :D We have a 70mph trip speed limit because I don't want tickets on the new machine.

All right, cool. I'll wake up around 6:30-is, get ready, and then just wait outside until you swing by.
70 mph sounds good. I don't feel like speeding anyway. :thumbup:

Cazper
September 17th, 2011, 09:51 AM
We are working right now... KC said come on over.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kevin2109
September 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Yup tomorrow is the day for a tech day, shoot me a PM or a text if you have my number for details

If you need ANYTHING done we can do it, I'm bringing all my tools and I think KC may bring some too

Even if you have nothing to do to your bike come out and check it all out!

And GMR after is going to be great :) we could bring the first timers up and park them at one of the look outs and watch us and other riders rip around the corners?

alex.s
September 17th, 2011, 12:02 PM
i want to hit gmr again... this time without the pushing. i have stuff to do an oil change on the fzr so i guess ill do that?

Trailerboy531
September 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I'll probably be making this - possibly with member Gurk as well. Seems like we will be doing some oil changes, is there enough oil catch pans/holders to store all this stuff?

Kevin I'll be calling you later for details.

Lil_Green_Demon
September 17th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Afterward, we should definitely cruise. I'm calling a day off from work again, but this time with an excuse that they can't check up on. :lol:

phr3ek
September 17th, 2011, 08:11 PM
just dropped off some basic tech day stuff at adrianns

front stand
rear stand
oil pan
funnel
1/2" torque wrench 50-150 ft lbs
1/2" breaker bar
3/8" breaker bar
chain tool
chain lube
chain cleaner
chain cleaner brush
brake cleaner
basic stanley metric/standard tool set

alex.s
September 17th, 2011, 08:43 PM
wow nice work kevin. does anyone have a carb sync tool?

phr3ek
September 17th, 2011, 09:04 PM
wow nice work kevin. does anyone have a carb sync tool?

you mean 2 soda bottles and some tubing? :D

Trailerboy531
September 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM
just dropped off some basic tech day stuff at adrianns

front stand
rear stand
oil pan
funnel
1/2" torque wrench 50-150 ft lbs
1/2" breaker bar
3/8" breaker bar
chain tool
chain lube
chain cleaner
chain cleaner brush
brake cleaner
basic stanley metric/standard tool set

that is awesome! I just tried to cram a big ol' tool kit in my backpack. Nottttttttt happening.

Trailerboy531
September 17th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Noticed some of you guys have met up and done this before! SSS thinking it would be cool to try and get another one going! Anyone interested?

So John will you be making it out?

Cazper
September 17th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I will be there!!! Just a side note (and I plan to make a thread in the marketplace for this as well) KC is a ninja mechanic guru!!! He knocked out my valve job in 6 hrs!!! even had to custom make 4 of the shims :eek: It was awesome to watch him work and I definitely learned some things!!! Thanks a ton bro!!! :thumbup:

Socal5646
September 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM
So John will you be making it out?

lol...unfortunately no...considering I started this thread...unfortunately it's a little too short of notice for me...I've got previous commitments. Hopefully there will be one in the future!

Trailerboy531
September 17th, 2011, 10:41 PM
There certainly will be and we hope to see you there!

Socal5646
September 17th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Much appreciated! 

alex.s
September 17th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Hmm KC do you want to do another valve job tomorrow?

ninja250
September 17th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Would have to be after Tech day and after GMr.
I have a bed if you need it.
I can use money to pay down the GSXR, so can't turn down the valve job. I ask a C note plus you pay your own expendables and help me get your plastics off.

Only problem is we are making shims now man..
If you don't mind cut down shims then come on over.

The metal is hard as hell, don't see what it could hurt.

ninja250
September 17th, 2011, 11:23 PM
you mean 2 soda bottles and some tubing? :D
+1
I'm not lugging my "balance bottles" there and I'm not filling saddle bags with tools to tote on the new bike.

I'll fill the backpack with what I can.

I still have yet to buy a new drill.

I was drooling over the $300 dewalts a few days ago at the Depot.:eek:

I do not believe adrian has an oil collection station.

I finished filling a five gallon bucket of oil and coolant today from all you guys. don't know how the hell I'm going to get it down there to the oil dump..

Aight I'm going to bed. Been non stop for weeks now.
Up at 5am for tomorrow. lol sheesh.

alex.s
September 18th, 2011, 10:00 AM
ugh sorry i bailed today guys. feeling gooey and pukey... next time for sure... and yes yes i owe adrian $40 now :p

ninja250
September 18th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Lol no worries we weren't expecting you! j/k

Garage always open..

FWIW I felt pretty crappy this morning too.
Bowed to the porcelain god but lucked out this time and started feeling better!?
Think I'm still in a funk from the eye thing.
I had to ride home no safety glasses in the dark again tonight and it kinda annoyed my eyes. The sun still does too :(

Getting old, ain't what I used to be lol

Cazper
September 19th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Had a great time at the tech day / GMR ride!!! Always a pleasure hanging out with old friends and making new ones!!! Glad to have been able to help a few people out with their bikes and got to clean and lube my chain which it definitely needed! Look forward to seeing some of the pics and to the next GTG!! :thumbup:

Gurk
September 19th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Look forward to seeing some of the pics
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86016 :thumbup: