View Full Version : Went down >:( SIDI ST Airs tested

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 08:26 AM
So had a great time at a bike night at the long beach cycle gear, free food, and cool people. Got a good deal on a 2 day track weekend, and met some people I plan to ride with again soon.

It was dark out when it was time to leave, around 9pm. Coming out of a parking lot doesn’t seems like a hard task... Till you add oil into the situation :eek: Came out of the parking lot went to turn and my whole bike drifted and started going down. It felt like forever! I even cussed in my helmet, "God Damnint!," while I was going down

And here where it gets interesting.... My foot got stuck in my bike (between my exhaust and rearset) and was drug across the street. There was nothing I could do but just wait for my bike to stop dragging me. The bike finally stopped and I couldn’t get the bike off me to save my life, I was trapped. The people that I had met earlier ran out and helped me get the bike off, once lifted I still couldn’t get my foot out. I had to completely open up my SIDIs to take my foot out of the boot then wiggle the boot out of the bike.

got up stunned but adrenalin was still pumping so nothing really hurt, noticed my jeans ripped at the knee and started to feel my knee hurting a little bit. Then the pain started in my foot, all I wanted to do was get out of there. So started the bike up, said thank you to everyone and left on my 40 mile ride home. Least enjoyable ride ever! I haven’t been in so much pain for ever :mad:

Got home, Iced it for almost an hour, and drown the pain out with a lot of alcohol :drink1:

Moral of the story, please wear your boot ALWAYS. Seriously if I didnt have my boot on I wouldnt have a foot right now. Even with the boot my foot got messed up from being crushed, but it would have been much worse without it

p1noysta
September 23rd, 2011, 08:34 AM
O no! Atleast your ok and made it home safe. I was excited about gmr Sunday too. But rest up get better and let me know we'll ride next time

AznJoJo
September 23rd, 2011, 08:38 AM
Kevin my dear, you scare me sometimes...

Glad you're ok though. Let me know if you need to be nursed back to health, I have a stethoscope and tongue depressors. :)

Gurk
September 23rd, 2011, 08:43 AM
Sh*t HB very sorry to hear. I'm glad you're ok for the most part. I ordered my knee protection and I had a bad feeling about sunday's ride cause i wouldnt have them on time. and my boots are really not protective enough. So yeah ill be waiting until i get thosr protectors in and buying full racing boots till i do any serious riding. This thread confirmed it again. (like i needed any more)

Feel better soon buddy. Let us know if we can help with anything.

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Kevin my dear, you scare me sometimes...

Glad you're ok though. Let me know if you need to be nursed back to health, I have a stethoscope and tongue depressors. :)

I really do! lol Dont think a tongue depressor will help but we can figure something out :p

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 08:46 AM
Sh*t HB very sorry to hear. I'm glad you're ok for the most part. I ordered my knee protection and I had a bad feeling about sunday's ride cause i wouldnt have them on time. and my boots are really not protective enough. So yeah ill be waiting until i get thosr protectors in and buying full racing boots till i do any serious riding. This thread confirmed it again. (like i needed any more)

Feel better soon buddy. Let us know if we can help with anything.

Thanks dude. My foot just extremely hurts, walking kills me, probably going to have to get crutches cuz it hurts to bad to walk. Anyone have crutches I can barrow?

JoJo do you have a X-ray machine? I think I need my foot X-rayed

RaZeDaHeLL
September 23rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Sorry to hear that you went down. Stories like this make me wanna put my boots back on. I started wearing sneakers because they give me that extra bit of height I need for better footing. My boots protect my ankles but have a very thin sole :(

I have to buy better boots...

By the way, Did the bike get damaged from the fall?

AznJoJo
September 23rd, 2011, 08:54 AM
JoJo do you have a X-ray machine? I think I need my foot X-rayed

No, but I could just take you to the airport and run you through theirs! What's wrong with tongue depressors? They were popsicles before, haha.

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 08:59 AM
Sorry to hear that you went down. Stories like this make me wanna put my boots back on. I started wearing sneakers because they give me that extra bit of height I need for better footing. My boots protect my ankles but have a very thin sole :(

I have to buy better boots...

By the way, Did the bike get damaged from the fall?

Please get boots, please. I'm not kidding when I say I wouldnt have a foot if I didnt have the boots on. I spent $400 on boots for this reason

No, but I could just take you to the airport and run you through theirs! What's wrong with tongue depressors? They were popsicles before, haha.

Lol they would laugh at us :p We could just eat the popsicles together :) then figure out what to do with the sticks lol

Live2ride
September 23rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your crash, Kevin! I have some crutches for you but I don't think sending them via ups would help for another week or so :p. You may want to have your foot x-rayed. Hopefully there are no broken bones! GL with the recovery! :thumbup:

p.s. I clicked on your signature link to your CL ad and it was flagged. someone doesn't like you :p

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 09:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your crash, Kevin! I have some crutches for you but I don't think sending them via ups would help for another week or so :p. You may want to have your foot x-rayed. Hopefully there are no broken bones! GL with the recovery! :thumbup:

p.s. I clicked on your signature link to your CL ad and it was flagged. someone doesn't like you :p

lol, thank you for pointing that out I forgot, I fixed it :thumbup: I dont understand why my adds keep getting flagged, I'm guessing from people why are selling a 250 also :mad:

AznJoJo
September 23rd, 2011, 09:43 AM
Lol they would laugh at us :p We could just eat the popsicles together :) then figure out what to do with the sticks lol

I'm down for eating popsicles anytime! :)

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
I'm down for eating popsicles anytime! :)

First date, eating Popsicles and watching Kevin hobble around, I like it ;)

Honko
September 23rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
OOoooof good to hear your gear came through!

azimmer11
September 23rd, 2011, 09:57 AM
First date, eating Popsicles and watching Kevin hobble around, I like it ;)

sounds like a great first date...sucks you dropped your bike right before selling it =[ good thing your ok though :thumbup:

ninja250
September 23rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
Dang dude glad you are OK!

You realize this is twice in the same month? NOW I'm starting to worry.

Don't ride in the dark man. Or in the rain. Sure it works, but don't test it.

ALWAYS wearing my boots. Learned my lesson dropping a GSXR on my foot many years ago. Had it not been for the Sidi's, I would have broken the ankle for sure.

My foot was also trapped under the 450lb bike. I was yanking on it like a train was coming trying to get it out but it wouldn't, and at that position, I could not lift 450lbs. I had to sit there waiting while gas spilled out on me for somebody to come help. There was nobody around for a good 2 minutes while I sat there trying to yank my leg free. I almost about chewed it off. :D

I thought I was going up in flames. I wasn't even moving when this tip over happened.
Ankle was jacked and purple for two weeks from the bad landing and from me trying to pull it free like a bunny stuck in a snare.

Too easy for something to go wrong.
Lova ya, be careful bro. Try and pay even more attention, even though this sounds like you couldn't do all that much to avoid it besides DONT RIDE AT NIGHT.

Some guy on here once told me it's OK to ride in the rain and he actually gets pretty far leaned over in the water. Same dude was posting a crash report not much later..

If you don't have to and aren't caught in it, try your hardest not to ride at night/dusk or in the rain. These are not good times to ride your motorcycle. It works, but your odds of survival go WAY down.

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 10:08 AM
You realize this is twice in the same month?

:Cry:

ninja250
September 23rd, 2011, 10:17 AM
Just be happy you didn't trade it in on a new GSXR yet or something. :thumbup:
You'll be OK.
Not trying to come down on ya man I just like you around haha.

Lets see the damage...

alex.s
September 23rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
oh nooooessss

this reminds me of my almost-highside coming out of the mcdonalds parking lot

is your foot broken or just hurts? the bikes ridable but how messed up is it? it was the 250 right?

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 10:22 AM
oh nooooessss

this reminds me of my almost-highside coming out of the mcdonalds parking lot

is your foot broken or just hurts? the bikes ridable but how messed up is it? it was the 250 right?

Not sure if the foot is broken or not, I dont think it is but it could be a fracture, hopefully its just a bruised bone.

Yup it was the 250, it rode 40 miles home so its fine, frame slider saved everything again

Lil_Green_Demon
September 23rd, 2011, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry that happened to you, HB. I need to buy boots!

Lou
September 23rd, 2011, 10:40 AM
:( Sorry to hear about your spill, hope your foots ok. All these stories lately about boots saving peoples feet.... NEXT INVESTMENT BOOTS!!!

Live2ride
September 23rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry that happened to you, HB. I need to buy boots!

I ride in tennis shoes atm:(

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 10:47 AM
I ride in tennis shoes atm:(

stop riding till you get boots.... It only takes one time to mess your foot up for life

ninja250
September 23rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
stop riding till you get boots.... It only takes one time to mess your foot up for life
I don't do this much but... "+1"

Can't step on a bike without good boots, good gloves and a good helmet at the very least.

jamesio
September 23rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
Glad you're ok, dude. Looks like our sidi st airs saved both of our feet in a short time period :lol: I'm sure my foot would have been ripped off and ankle broken as well when i went over the bars and it got caught between the shifter and peg. I remember you saying your zipper failed on one of your boots not long ago. Get it fixed? What does your foot look like now? What do the boots look like?

azimmer11
September 23rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
ninja250: biggest 1upper i know.

ninja250
September 23rd, 2011, 11:13 AM
Oh yeah what's your mario score I'll cream you

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Glad you're ok, dude. Looks like our sidi st airs saved both of our feet in a short time period :lol: I'm sure my foot would have been ripped off and ankle broken as well when i went over the bars and it got caught between the shifter and peg. I remember you saying your zipper failed on one of your boots not long ago. Get it fixed? What does your foot look like now? What do the boots look like?

the zipper is a pain in the ass still, i have to line up where it is coming apart every time I put the boot on. Its my left boot, my right side was the side that my foot got crushed. Honestly I havent even looked at the boot, I was in so much pain that that was the last thing I was thinking about

AznJoJo
September 23rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
the zipper is a pain in the ass still, i have to line up where it is coming apart every time I put the boot on. Its my left boot, my right side was the side that my foot got crushed. Honestly I havent even looked at the boot, I was in so much pain that that was the last thing I was thinking about

boys and their zippers, can never get it right unless it's coming off, hehe jk jk :D

azimmer11
September 23rd, 2011, 12:15 PM
boys and their zippers, can never get it right unless it's coming off, hehe jk jk :D

just do him. its going to happen eventually.

Momaru
September 23rd, 2011, 12:18 PM
Egad sir! Haven't even thought about getting a foot trapped & dragged.

Glad you're (mostly) ok and no dismemberment!

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 12:22 PM

Popsicles, watching Kevin hobble around, and unzipping stuff? This is going to be a good first date :cool:

Amezcua
September 23rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
I somewhat twisted my ankle before, my advice is keep ice on it and when you sleep put it on a high surface. I was looking to take Sunday off to join you guys on gmr but ill wait for next one, hopefully you get better that will buy me some time to buy some protective pants.

AznJoJo
September 23rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
just do him. its going to happen eventually.

With that kind of thinking, you do him. Let me know how it goes :p

Gurk
September 23rd, 2011, 12:58 PM
Pffft. I'd totally do him if I was a girl :D

Damn that sounded http://www.gamersrising.nl/images/smiley/gay1.gif

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 01:00 PM
Pffft. I'd totally do him if I was a girl :D

Damn that sounded http://www.gamersrising.nl/images/smiley/gay1.gif

Gurk you crack me up
Posted via Mobile Device

EsrTek
September 23rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Seriously, if any time, I think now is a good time for Kevin to get some extra attention, JoJo ;)

Glad your mostly ok, any idea just how your foot got stuck?

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Seriously, if any time, I think now is a good time for Kevin to get some extra attention, JoJo ;)

Glad your mostly ok, any idea just how your foot got stuck?

I'll stick my boot in it when I get home and take a pic so its easier to understand. And how it even got that way? I have no idea at all

With that kind of thinking, you do him. Let me know how it goes :p

I'm just asking for a simple date with Popsicles lol :p

AznJoJo
September 23rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
I'll stick my boot in it when I get home and take a pic so its easier to understand. And how it even got that way? I have no idea at all

I'm just asking for a simple date with Popsicles lol :p

But I like LONG walks on the beach at night on dates... haha ;)

Besides, you have plenty of people who'd jump at the chance to take you out LMAO! :p

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
But I like LONG walks on the beach at night on dates... haha ;)

Besides, you have plenty of people who'd jump at the chance to take you out LMAO! :p

lol oh I'll hop 1000 miles for you :p

Cazper
September 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
Bro you are just having one heck of a string of not so good luck :doh: Glad to hear you are mostly okay and look forward to seeing the pictures and demonstration of what happened :thumbup:

akima
September 23rd, 2011, 02:08 PM
Glad you still have your foot. Although the ATGATT whining gets annoying, it doesn't half do us all a service. Guess I should do my bit...

EVERYONE RIDING WITH LESS THAN FULL GEAR SHOULD STOP RIDING... or... you suck... and you don't deserve cookies and hugs!! :p

Havok
September 23rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
there is a cycle gear in long beach or do you mean the one in lomita on PCH? wish i would have known you were going to that one it is like 2 mins from my house lol.

I am glad you are ok and that you were full gear, Be careful brother, we have a lot more riding to do!

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 03:07 PM
there is a cycle gear in long beach or do you mean the one in lomita on PCH? wish i would have known you were going to that one it is like 2 mins from my house lol.

I am glad you are ok and that you were full gear, Be careful brother, we have a lot more riding to do!

Yup the one in lomita, I didnt know you lived to close! I'll let you know on the next one, I think its in a couple weeks :thumbup:

I'm glad im ok too :D

Havok
September 23rd, 2011, 03:13 PM
Yup the one in lomita, I didnt know you lived to close! I'll let you know on the next one, I think its in a couple weeks :thumbup:

yup about 4 blocks down make a left. I go to that cycle gear all the time.

Gurk
September 23rd, 2011, 03:28 PM
I remember hearing that it's a pretty good place to shop at. Is that true?

So is that where I should get my '11 ZX-6R? :p

Havok
September 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
I remember hearing that it's a pretty good place to shop at. Is that true?

So is that where I should get my '11 ZX-6R? :p

They dont sell bikes there lol. though for a good deal on a Kawi i reccomend mid cities in paramount. They are 5oo less then msrp on just about ever bike they sell.

AznJoJo
September 23rd, 2011, 03:41 PM
lol oh I'll hop 1000 miles for you :p

Aww!!! As sweet as that sounds I wouldn't want you to do something like that if you would risk injury :)

Just get well :p

Gurk
September 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
They dont sell bikes there lol. though for a good deal on a Kawi i reccomend mid cities in paramount. They are 5oo less then msrp on just about ever bike they sell.

I'll be there hopefully within 6 months :p

Kevin2109
September 23rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
Aww!!! As sweet as that sounds I wouldn't want you to do something like that if you would risk injury :)

Just get well :p

A movie and dinner should be safe :)
Posted via Mobile Device

KJohnson21
September 23rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
Ouch!!

Sorry to hear about the bad luck, glad to hear that you're okay. :(

Good that the bike made it out okay too.

I've put my bike down, or almost put it down, a few times over the years because of oil patches and such. But nothing like what you described!

Trailerboy531
September 23rd, 2011, 07:00 PM

IT WAS LOMITA!?

that's like 15 minutes for me! DAMN YOU KEVIN!!!

gsxrninja250
September 23rd, 2011, 07:42 PM

+10000000000

Kev man I'm glad to hear your okay. And sorry to hear about your bike. That sucks. Expecially 2 times in a month. Be careful out there.

And to all. I may not have a bike. But even I learnd this. GEAR GEAR GEAR. Please guys ware your gear. And don't ride in sneakers. Or regular shoes.

ManyCavies
September 23rd, 2011, 08:55 PM
always remember for the first 48 hours, ICE 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off. If you leave ice on to long it can cause more damage. Just what I have been told by nurses, ask me how I know :D

Oh and frozen peas are the way to go, just don't eat them afterwards :puke:

Glad you are OK

GeorgiaHooligan
September 23rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
"God Damnint!,"

Dont get mad at G-d, Get made at your skills.

rusninja
September 23rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
sorry to hear :S

phr3ek
September 24th, 2011, 03:06 AM
:doh:

Kevin2109
September 24th, 2011, 05:54 PM
That was the best I could come up with but I know its wrong, my heal was stuck more

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6586/img20110923174943.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/img20110923174943.jpg/)

jamesio
September 24th, 2011, 06:15 PM
dang dude how did that even happen

Kevin2109
September 24th, 2011, 06:17 PM
dang dude how did that even happen

idk it was scary

AlanDog
September 24th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I read the the thread about how far you can slide on denim last weekend and went out and bought leather pants. Now I'm scared about my feet! Are there any decent riding shoes that cost less than $200! I'm wearing some tall hiking boots now, but the ankle support in a real accident would be minimal...

Amezcua
September 24th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I picked up a pair of Alpine stars smx 4 under 200 Wichita should offer the protection u need