View Full Version : Jumping on the zx6r band wagon

p1noysta
September 24th, 2011, 02:32 PM
So I did it. I went to del amo motorsports today for their big sale and wasn't planning to buy a new bike. But saw the zx6r for 8400 brand new. Still wasn't sure but I got a really good apr rate and good deal so I jumped the gun. I'm keeping the 250 for my wife but great bike! All black
Ill post pics later

p1noysta
September 24th, 2011, 06:25 PM
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z258/pnoysta/image-8.jpg

here's a pic of when it was on the showroom floor. cant get the camera working. Very different from the 250. Way more power, brakes are super strong. Im happy with it

Cazper
September 24th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I rode a couple on the Ticket to Ride event... they definitely are incredible machines!!! Be safe out there and look forward to seeing and hearing more about your new bike :thumbup:

p1noysta
September 27th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Thanks it is a beast scared straight riding it home the first time but made it home with no bumps or bruises yay!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z258/pnoysta/image-9.jpg

heres a pic of my first mod. A diy fender eliminator not as pretty but beats spending 100 bucks on one. Also put some led bulbs here and there. Can't wait to get a slip on.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z258/pnoysta/image-11.jpg

and here's the brothers being reunited! http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z258/pnoysta/image-10.jpg

Trailerboy531
September 27th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Damn, I was there too! Next time we all need to meet up before the sale, we have to stick together :thumbup:

Lil_Green_Demon
September 27th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Congrats. Bike looks beautiful.

p1noysta
September 27th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Damn, I was there too! Next time we all need to meet up before the sale, we have to stick together :thumbup:

Haha yea I tried looking for other 250s in that ocean of bikes they had. I tried looking for a good zx6r forum and none of them really compare to ninjette haha

ninja250
September 27th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Yeah this place is better than the GSXR forums too lol.

Nice bike dude. Ride safe and have fun :thumbup:

massacremasses
September 27th, 2011, 07:45 AM
SEXY! lookin good. Id like one of these at some point :)

backinthesaddleagain
September 27th, 2011, 08:11 AM
nice - great deals on those ZX6R. They were just under $8K last year when I decided to get one. Of course I was a day late so I got the CBR with ABS for just a bit more.

Enjoy and be safe!

Havok
September 27th, 2011, 03:33 PM

No **** lolQ

they had some damn good deals up there this weekend for sure. i all most pullet the trigger on the white Ducati MS while i was there. I decided i still wanted my dream bike though so i left before he gave me a final quote on trade in on my Fazer.

Trailerboy531
September 27th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Those Ducatis were actually good deals! It blew me away considering I consider Del Amo to be far far away from "good deal" territory. I was there later in the day as well (forgot the only things I actually went there to get originally) and both Ducati 848s were sold. I was there at 6 in the morning, You could have had a good spot in line! :thumbup:

coondog
September 27th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Best half litre out there, and i say that at $9,999 msrp. Great, grow into it bro.

blink
September 27th, 2011, 04:31 PM
wow that is sexy

r311music
September 27th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Very nice.:thumbup: I hoping in a year or so to join the zx6r band wagon. Although I'm more into the 636's with the under tail exhaust, but that all black is sexy!

Gurk
September 27th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Congrats!!!

Is there an R6 wagon? Cause I'm itching to be on it soon. Probably too soon but hey...

Live2ride
September 27th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Very nice.:thumbup: I hoping in a year or so to join the zx6r band wagon. Although I'm more into the 636's with the under tail exhaust, but that all black is sexy!

My 07 zx6r isn't a 636 and it has an undertail exhaust. Fwiw I think the 05-06 636's look great too. I actually think they look better than my 07-08 model; my model has better components though.

http://i20.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/f5/9c/4a7f_2.JPG

r311music
September 27th, 2011, 06:02 PM
My 07 zx6r isn't a 636 and it has an undertail exhaust. Fwiw I think the 05-06 636's look great too. I actually think they look better than my 07-08 model; my model has better components though.

Yea if I can find one in those years, I'm sold!

gt_turbo
September 27th, 2011, 07:43 PM
nice. i'm hoping to join this band wagon soon, by the end of this weekend soon. :)

Trailerboy531
September 27th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Congrats!!!

Is there an R6 wagon? Cause I'm itching to be on it soon. Probably too soon but hey...

You should probably ride one before you get one tattooed on your Gurk, which it looks like you're about to do:p

Gurk
September 27th, 2011, 10:26 PM
You should probably ride one before you get one tattooed on your Gurk, which it looks like you're about to do:p

dang it. stop being the voice of reason! I wanna do stupid sh*t! :D

ninja250
September 28th, 2011, 05:06 AM
You can always ignore the voice of reason. There is always more to be learned than what is known.

You're gonna need that R6. To keep up with my Ninjette.

Gurk
September 29th, 2011, 02:37 AM
You can always ignore the voice of reason. There is always more to be learned than what is known.

You're gonna need that R6. To keep up with my Ninjette.

I bought it :thumbup: Am I gonna race you or anyone else? NNNOPE.

Have fun buddy :thumbup: :rolleyes:

ninja250
September 29th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Figured all talk no action. Lol

ninja250
September 29th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Hey btw... Are you able to perfectly position yourself on it first try right away?!?!
Moto GP pro from day one? Right?
Brand new bike = pro racer for sure.

Trailerboy531
September 29th, 2011, 10:43 AM
F is for friends who do stuff together U is for you and me N is for anything anything at all down here on Ninjette.org
Posted via Mobile Device

Live2ride
September 29th, 2011, 10:52 AM
F is for friends who do stuff together U is for u and me N is for anything anything at all down here on Ninjette.org
Posted via Mobile Device

F is for fire that burns down the whole town, U is for uranium..bomb, N is for no survivors, down here in the deep blue sea...:o

Gurk
September 29th, 2011, 12:17 PM
It's alright guys. A fight takes at least 2 people :thumbup:

I'm way happy to care. Love ya (brotherly) KC. Have fun.

But let's not steal the guy's thread eh?

gogoKawi
October 18th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Congrats! I'm loving the matte black.

I wonder how many people have moved from the 250 to a ZX6. Kawi is loving us right about now...

choneofakind
October 18th, 2011, 08:32 PM
F is for friends who do stuff together U is for you and me N is for anything anything at all down here on Ninjette.org
Posted via Mobile Device

Alex can we make this the ninjette motto??

Alex
October 18th, 2011, 10:13 PM
It can be your own personal version of the motto. :)

ChaosFromAbove
October 18th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Good choice of a bike ;)

...i got my slip on from D2Moto, i love the sound, and best of all? Only costs about $80.

PS: When you pull the stock exhaust i recommend removing the servo motor that the stock exhausts' buttlerfly valve connects to (you'll see what i mean), when you remove the servo motor you'll need to get ur hands on a servo buddy so it doesn't throw FI codes. Check out zx6r.com great forum for the 6s, and if u join my buddy who makes the servo eliminators will give u a good price on one. Just gotta PM him.

ChaosFromAbove
October 18th, 2011, 10:51 PM

not really a fan of the under tail exhaust. There has been problems with some aftermarket exhausts getting too hot and melting the ECU lol.

p1noysta
October 18th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Good choice of a bike ;)

...i got my slip on from D2Moto, i love the sound, and best of all? Only costs about $80.

PS: When you pull the stock exhaust i recommend removing the servo motor that the stock exhausts' buttlerfly valve connects to (you'll see what i mean), when you remove the servo motor you'll need to get ur hands on a servo buddy so it doesn't throw FI codes. Check out zx6r.com great forum for the 6s, and if u join my buddy who makes the servo eliminators will give u a good price on one. Just gotta PM him.

O man! I wish I had known that sooner! I just installed a yoshi titanium cf tip trc slip on few days ago, I got a good deal only 200 bucks. Sounds good not much louder than stock. As for the servos I didn't know what to do with it, the slip on came with a servo hinge looking thing but I just tucked the wires in for now.

ChaosFromAbove
October 18th, 2011, 11:24 PM
O man! I wish I had known that sooner! I just installed a yoshi titanium cf tip trc slip on few days ago, I got a good deal only 200 bucks. Sounds good not much louder than stock. As for the servos I didn't know what to do with it, the slip on came with a servo hinge looking thing but I just tucked the wires in for now.

Haha, you can thank that giant cat near the rear tire for the quietness. Once you decide to cut it or get a straight pipe setup, you'll have to get a Power Commander 5 and get that bad boy tuned by a dyno pro...then you're exhaust will be effing loud.

just pull those wires off the servo, you won't even need that bar thing...the servo will prolly die in a few years anyways, but if you plan on getting a PCV, i recommend removing the servo and adding a servo eliminator and toss the PCV in that newly freed up space.

backinthesaddleagain
October 19th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Nice a couple guys were riding a new one at a trackday monday. We had some fun going around on the 600's. Good luck.

p1noysta
October 19th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Haha, you can thank that giant cat near the rear tire for the quietness. Once you decide to cut it or get a straight pipe setup, you'll have to get a Power Commander 5 and get that bad boy tuned by a dyno pro...then you're exhaust will be effing loud.

just pull those wires off the servo, you won't even need that bar thing...the servo will prolly die in a few years anyways, but if you plan on getting a PCV, i recommend removing the servo and adding a servo eliminator and toss the PCV in that newly freed up space.

Haha yea for sure but that will be down the line. I'm happy with the sound now, I wasn't looking for anything too loud my buddy has a m4 on his and it's a little too much

Peanut_EOD
October 19th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I have the Leo Vince slip-on on my 09 ZX-6R with the baffle tube in it. It sounds great and its not too loud.

Peanut_EOD
October 19th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I also have the Akropovic cat delete pipe.

ChaosFromAbove
October 19th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Haha yea for sure but that will be down the line. I'm happy with the sound now, I wasn't looking for anything too loud my buddy has a m4 on his and it's a little too much

yea i know what u mean, I've still got the cat in mine and have the baffle for my exhaust for when i decide to take it out...im looking for performance i could care less how loud it is...just as long as its louder than tht bulky ugly stock thing lol

p1noysta
October 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Haha yea I really wanted to get rid of that pre muffler but didn't want to do all that remapping maybe down the line I will.

But I had a question to all the zx6r owners !!! Do your bikes make like sort of a rattling ticking vibration sound?

Mine does sometimes it's not that loud but sometimes it's annoying.
I hear it when the transmission is under load accel/decel but when I pull the clutch in it goes away, I brought it back to the dealer and they said it's normal
What about your bikes?

ChaosFromAbove
October 19th, 2011, 12:30 PM
considering we've got the same exact bike for the most part...no I've never noticed the clicking sound.

p1noysta
October 19th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Yea it kind of bugs me I've brought it to the dealership twice and they said it seems normal I'm going to bring it again for the first service. It's almost like a rattling sound, like there's a piece loose or something and it's vibrating. Although I've read on some zx6r forums saying that it's suppose to be loud and its the direct injection or the cct making the sound.

ChaosFromAbove
October 19th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Did you look over everything to make sure nothing was loose? Maybe its the idle control flopping in the wind? lol

p1noysta
October 19th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I havent torn it down yet but I did see some of the header bolts loose so I'm at the dealer as we speak. Hopefully that fixes it

ChaosFromAbove
October 19th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I think it'll reduce it at least. I've noticed kawasaki doesn't always have the greatest assembly line...my 250's tripple tree bolt came loose within the first 1000 miles lol

p1noysta
October 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Yea just got back from the dealer and they re torque'd the bolts and it did reduce the sound, it's still there but not too bad. O well I have 250 more miles until my next service so I'll have them check it again then. Haha