View Full Version : Norcal? (east/valley)

massacremasses
September 27th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone was in the eastern part of norcal. I live in Orovile, like 25 miles from Chico,Ca. and about 65 miles north of Sacramento.

Is anyone in this area?!

Ive got one friend that rides and I need more, cause I need to work on my skiiiiillls cause they are non-existent. ;)

HIT ME UP :D

YORCHI
September 27th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Sacramento here...did you check the member map

Makenza
September 27th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I'm over at Vacaville, CA. 40 minutes westbound of I-80 from Sacramento!
I'm down to ride anytime during the week, maybe some weekends!
Let me know!

massacremasses
September 27th, 2011, 08:52 AM
yep I was the only one up here. I was hoping some people just never bothered to post up where they were...

I still cant technically even drive on the freeway yet though.. lol

massacremasses
September 27th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I'm over at Vacaville, CA. 40 minutes southbound of I-80 from Sacramento!
I'm down to ride anytime during the week, maybe some weekends!
Let me know!

I know Vacaville thats a pretty good ride over here. Sac isnt to far from there though. I wonder if we met up in Sac... I still need to go to the DMV though to get my license (waiting for the MSF certificate so I can get it)

If there were people closer I would say we should go up highway 70 cause that would be a good ride.

Alex
September 27th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I'm up there from time to time, have a friend who's a member of one of those Duck Clubs in Gridley. Also fun riding out by the Oroville dam. I will post up if I'm anywhere near there on a ride anytime soon. :thumbup:

massacremasses
September 27th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I'm up there from time to time, have a friend who's a member of one of those Duck Clubs in Gridley. Also fun riding out by the Oroville dam. I will post up if I'm anywhere near there on a ride anytime soon. :thumbup:

oh dang! yeah seriously lmk. The road up to the Dam is even pretty fun I bet. Thats probably where Ill start learning how to ride in a canyon.

but yeah for realz lmk if you're around. I have fridays off and am free weekends as long as I can pawn the kid off on someone :D

Fly'in Ninja
September 27th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I'll ride up there for a group ride...

setasai
September 28th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Hmmm a tad far for me but given enough notice, i'd be down to ride up there for a group ride as well. Always nice to meet fellow riders.

massacremasses
September 28th, 2011, 06:28 AM
dang thats a long ride for you bay area guys. I cant wait till im that confident on my bike to ride that far :D

Right now I only am riding it to work and around town when I dont have to take my son anywhere.

Next time alex rides over here you guys should join. Id be down to host a get together at my house as well if you got all the way out here. Its pretty far though. :/

Makenza
September 28th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Yeah, lets get together before the season really ends!

massacremasses
September 28th, 2011, 08:48 AM
when would you guys wanna make the trek out here? Its almost oct. Im gone the 3-7th but Pretty much free the rest of the month. If you wanna meet up at my house or have me host a meet just lmk whens good for you and ill talk to my wife and see when shed be down. :D

Fly'in Ninja
October 1st, 2011, 12:16 AM
sundays??

massacremasses
October 1st, 2011, 01:01 AM
Sundays are fine. I have to get outta church though ;)

massacremasses
October 27th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Hey so me and my family will be hitting up Cycle Gear in Sacramento tomorrow. So if anyones around lmk and you can meet me there and say whats up :)

Ill be rocking the Fiesta most likely though ;)

Makenza
October 27th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Yo Justin! Cycle Gear Sacramento is having a bike night, with raffles and prizes, I won a Bilt Blazer helmet last week at the Fairfield CG bike night last week lol.

Maybe you should drop by tonight and win something? I'm thinking of going too, the bike night is 6-9, raffles are held every 45 mins (maybe every hour, not sure).

If you go... let me know and I'll go too? it's today though.. I know it's late notice hahaha

massacremasses
October 27th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Yo Justin! Cycle Gear Sacramento is having a bike night, with raffles and prizes, I won a Bilt Blazer helmet last week at the Fairfield CG bike night last week lol.

Maybe you should drop by tonight and win something? I'm thinking of going too, the bike night is 6-9, raffles are held every 45 mins (maybe every hour, not sure).

If you go... let me know and I'll go too? it's today though.. I know it's late notice hahaha

why the hell on a thursday night?!

I have night class tues. and thur. Im actually in it right now... hahaha

but I will be there tomorrow. But you prolly work tomorrow? :(

I work 4 10s so I have fridays off. But remember its a 150+ mile round trip

Makenza
October 27th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Awww damn. Yeah bike night for cycle gear is always on thursday nights.. hahaha.
There's a bike night at Vacaville, over at Sonic's restaurant every friday, but that's probably too far for you.

No problem though, LOL. Get your classes done, soon we won't be able to ride that much due to the rain. Hope to ride with you sometime soon!

massacremasses
October 27th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Awww damn. Yeah bike night for cycle gear is always on thursday nights.. hahaha.
There's a bike night at Vacaville, over at Sonic's restaurant every friday, but that's probably too far for you.

No problem though, LOL. Get your classes done, soon we won't be able to ride that much due to the rain. Hope to ride with you sometime soon!

yeah dude its 75 miles one way just to Sac soo Vacaville is even farther. I dont see myself going that far especially on my bike for awhile.. lol

AlanDog
October 28th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I lived in Chico for ten years--great roads all around Oroville. Earlier in the season I rode up La Porte and down the other side to Hwy 89--that is an awesome ride. But it's getting cold now up in them hills! I am living in Woodland now but still have my house in Chico that I rent out so I do go up there. You still have lots of twisty road options without getting on the freeway heading east/southeast into the Sierras! :thumbup:

Have you had time to hit any of these roads? (figuratively!)

massacremasses
October 28th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I lived in Chico for ten years--great roads all around Oroville. Earlier in the season I rode up La Porte and down the other side to Hwy 89--that is an awesome ride. But it's getting cold now up in them hills! I am living in Woodland now but still have my house in Chico that I rent out so I do go up there. You still have lots of twisty road options without getting on the freeway heading east/southeast into the Sierras! :thumbup:

Have you had time to hit any of these roads? (figuratively!)

Ive ridden up to the dam a few times but thats really about it. Im still trying to get my stupid sliders in but my spool sliders were back ordered :( but anyways I get nervous imma drop it and such so I havent gone on some more difficult rides because of this...

Im actually thinking of going on a ride tomorrow though. :) I just dont do those types of rides by myself and only have 2 riding buddies here so its random our schedules match up :/

AlanDog
October 29th, 2011, 10:10 AM
When I started out I just rode around in town for a while until I was more comfortable with the basics of shifting, turning and stopping. On twisty roads I think you just need to take corners at a speed you're comfortable with.... so in fact, riding with more experienced riders is often a recipe for disaster. As long as you don't feel you have to take the turns at the same speed they are, and they slow down between the turns to wait for you, that's fine, but just because they take turn X at 45 mph doesn't mean you should. I've only been riding a little over a year, and this season I've progressed dramatically just by riding alot (about 9000 miles). When you have to hit the brakes in the middle of turn, you're just exceeding your comfort zone and I don't think that improves your technique. I've just naturally progressed by (mostly) riding at a pace I'm comfortable with and it's just getting more fun!:thumbup:

I'm wrenching on my project bike today, wish I could have joined you. I will let you know when I'm up that way.

massacremasses
October 29th, 2011, 10:15 AM
When I started out I just rode around in town for a while until I was more comfortable with the basics of shifting, turning and stopping. On twisty roads I think you just need to take corners at a speed you're comfortable with.... so in fact, riding with more experienced riders is often a recipe for disaster. As long as you don't feel you have to take the turns at the same speed they are, and they slow down between the turns to wait for you, that's fine, but just because they take turn X at 45 mph doesn't mean you should. I've only been riding a little over a year, and this season I've progressed dramatically just by riding alot (about 9000 miles). When you have to hit the brakes in the middle of turn, you're just exceeding your comfort zone and I don't think that improves your technique. I've just naturally progressed by (mostly) riding at a pace I'm comfortable with and it's just getting more fun!:thumbup:

I'm wrenching on my project bike today, wish I could have joined you. I will let you know when I'm up that way.

yeah dude! let me know. Unfortunately I am DJing a wedding (i dont have anything he just said come) and I got a text from my buddy saying "hey you got any dance music" OMFG! its today and I got it last night LATE.... ugh so I am currently downloading music and copying it all onto my external HDD... so no riding for me. SUCKS cause I wanted to test out my new boots...

sopranos
November 29th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I am a fairly new rider in Roseville... near Sacramento. I would be up for a city ride pretty much anytime.

It would be great to have a group ride or meetup for us mere mortals.

massacremasses
November 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
ah yeah dude. Im down to meet up somewhere. Im pretty confident riding at this point. Yuba City/Marysville would be middle if you wanna meet up? If its in Sac I just gotta know where Im going because Im not confident enough to use my GPS while riding... Sketches me out.

Yuba or Marysville I know super well so id be down :D

AlanDog if youre coming up again soon lmk. Sorry I couldnt hang last time. I seem to always have to watch the child.. Ugh him being 3 means I cant leave him unattended even if my wife is there... He is so destructive.

AlanDog
November 29th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I have been up to Chico a couple times, but in my pickup truck, and not much time to ride even if I was on my bike... have you just been riding around town, or have you gone on any longer rides? There may be a weekend day where I just have to go up and sign paperwork or fix something simple and would have time for a ride, so I will let you know, I've got your phone#

We definitely should try to get a group ride together in the spring, invite any sac area riders up to La Porte or something like that, just like plan for a ride and throw an open invitation out there and see if anyone else shows up... :thumbup:

massacremasses
November 29th, 2011, 07:59 PM
yeah mostly around town... Ive gotten more confident in my riding abilities so that speed doesnt frighten me like it did before... although I havent ridden on the freeway much still so while Ive driven 80+ MPH I havent for an extended period of time where it is matching the flow of traffic...

but yeah I know its kinda cold right now so maybe wait till spring. but im impatient! haha

Jiggles
November 29th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah, lets get together before the season really ends!

Riding season ends when you're dead, duh!

massacremasses
November 30th, 2011, 07:00 AM
yeah Ive still been riding. Unless you live in the mountains here you can pretty much ride year round... Im just a sissy and dont like riding in the cold :D

massacremasses
February 1st, 2012, 10:47 AM
Bump. Should be riding soon again. Anyone down for a meetup?

Makenza
February 1st, 2012, 11:12 AM
I'm down :happy110:
Let me know when!

massacremasses
February 1st, 2012, 12:39 PM
hey did you have my number? I know Alan does.

Makenza
February 1st, 2012, 12:42 PM
Negative, I do not.
Send it by PM?

massacremasses
February 1st, 2012, 12:49 PM
sent. first one was a mistype. resent with the right one

AlanDog
February 1st, 2012, 02:49 PM
Sounds good. It's been a long time since I've been on a long ride. And 60 degrees is now sounding like a heat wave. Can you get a few hours for a Sat or Sun ride? When will the bike be ride-worthy?

massacremasses
February 1st, 2012, 03:19 PM
I heard its going to be 70 on sunday.

this weekend is shot though. I will be trying to get the bike together and running. And get my car fixed... so this weekend will be no good. Im HOPING next weekend.

Makenza
February 1st, 2012, 03:27 PM
Superbowl weekend this weekend.. fyi.. haha

massacremasses
February 3rd, 2012, 07:10 AM
I live here (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Oroville,+CA&hl=en&ll=39.535822,-121.464157&spn=0.300259,0.676346&sll=39.46721,-121.549644&sspn=0.150278,0.338173&oq=Oroville&hnear=Oroville,+Butte,+California&t=h&z=11).

plenty of great roads around :)

greenaero
February 4th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Depending on the day , I'm up for a group ride.
Bay Area riders, any body want to do a ride to the Junction and the roads around there? Please let me know.
Thanks GA

Fly'in Ninja
February 13th, 2012, 08:49 AM
^^^ pm sent ^^^

massacremasses
February 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I think they have a bay area thread?

BTW Sac guys. Makenza and AlanDog the bike is running again. When are you guys free for a ride/meet up?

AlanDog
February 13th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Sat or Sunday sounds good. Will have to see about the weather. Fixing your bike brought winter back...

massacremasses
February 13th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I KNOW!!!!!!!!

I totally knew that would happen :/

Makenza
February 13th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Anytime during the week, weekends are kinda ehhh for me, because I might be off to San Jose, or in town, but spending time with family, you know?

So jot me down, for I'm good anytime, and I mean anytime, weekdays.

massacremasses
February 13th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I work almost 50 hours a week...

the only weekday I could go for a ride is friday after 2pm since I get off early

massacremasses
February 13th, 2012, 08:39 PM
keep me posted I may be down

AlanDog
February 15th, 2012, 08:39 PM
So how about sunday? Can you get out for an hour or two? Saturday is also possible. I have some errands to do in Chico. We can do the backroads way to Chico from Oroville, and you can go back home on the freeway... or whatever... I think I remember that the climb to table mtn has some nice twisties... and over by Cherokee...

massacremasses
February 15th, 2012, 08:47 PM
So how about sunday? Can you get out for an hour or two? Saturday is also possible. I have some errands to do in Chico. We can do the backroads way to Chico from Oroville, and you can go back home on the freeway... or whatever... I think I remember that the climb to table mtn has some nice twisties... and over by Cherokee...

done. I have Noah but Ill ask my parents to watch him for a few hours. Where do you wanna meet up?

Saturday pretty much anytime. Sunday after 10:45 cause thats when I get outta church. :D