View Full Version : My brand new bike baby damaged

TxriderMike
September 29th, 2011, 05:58 AM
I was on my way to auknights house tuesday afternoon. I had just gotten off work and I coming up to a right corner. I committed to my lean and I was getting through the turn flawlessly. When all of the sudden a black metal fierce machine they call the civic was on my heels! He passed me on my left and then went for the kill by turning into my lane!!!! I had three options....

1. try to be epic and a pro and lean even further which would of put me in the right lane, but would risk me being a newbie and slide underneath the black menace.
2. run straight into the back of him flying through his windshield choking him on my way through.
3. straighten the bike up and slam on the brakes hitting the curb and go airborne into the rocky dirt.

Which one do you think I picked??

I had my helmet, gloves, leather jacket (not armored), dickie pants, and the worst shoes possible to be wearing... white addias (required for my work).
I will post all pictures of the incident after I see what people think I decided to do.

OddlyOrdinary
September 29th, 2011, 06:12 AM
I definitely vote for option 2. Yep that's got to be it.

DjDiablo
September 29th, 2011, 06:18 AM
#2 for me!!!:eek:

FBNTH
September 29th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Video of #2 now!!!

EsrTek
September 29th, 2011, 06:25 AM
You did #1 and made the bike hold traction, then caught up to the civic and flicked him off.

Malicious Logic
September 29th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I think you decided to straighten up and hit the curb because the majority of riders in this forum usually are too inexperienced or scared to lean further into the turn.

Either way, I hope you're ok. If I were you, I would definitely try to look into getting an armored jacket along with some riding pants and boots. They don't necessarily have to be leathers. I've seen a few pairs of riding pants that look like khakis but still offer you more protection than dickies. Maybe it'd also be possible for you to get some of the more casual looking riding boots and then just change shoes at work. Regardless of what happened, things can always get worse and you don't wanna be regretting the lack of protection.

Apocolypze01
September 29th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Straightened up for sure. If you went through the windscreen or even rear ended him, you might not be able bodied enough to have type this post so soon after the crash (based on your lack of gear). And as for the leaning.... ^ whs

Toly
September 29th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Did he try to merge into you?? Or ahead of you?

Lil_Green_Demon
September 29th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I'm leaning toward #3.

Bassman
September 29th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I think you did #1 and held traction, then stopped the cager and did a "#2" oh his hood. :lol:

Trailerboy531
September 29th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I think we all wish you did 1, or 2 for the visual; but you did 3. Hope youre okay! GET FULL BOOTS!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

akima
September 29th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Mean!! You can't leave us hanging like this! Hope you're ok.

I think you probably did #3, just because that's what I imagine myself doing. If you did #2 then I hope you gripped hard! If you did #1 then congrats.

I'm expecting some serious (<-- see that! bold! That's how serious I want it) details about your incident.

coondog
September 29th, 2011, 11:53 AM
everything is clear as mud to me, nothing new for a whore, but if a car passed you that means he's going faster and further as well from you. and it sounds like 3 lanes are involved, with even two there were plenty of ways to go, besides just maintain, i'm not imagining you in a deep lean here either. this reminds me of last week when i said yes i carry whilst riding, .44 Son of Sam and .38 hammerless off-duty, use a belly band with two wife sewn aids one front one rear. this is Outlaw land MF and that **** don't fly. in case no one is aware there are "watch out for biker stickers" from a nat'l campaign. there are so many in Palm Beach County i couldn't believe it. these "blacked out civics" with the phony pipes and **** would'nt be doing that ****. ms13 lick the **** off our boots we tell 'em.

Alex
September 29th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I think someone has upped coondog's usual dosage...

CynicalC
September 29th, 2011, 05:15 PM
everything is clear as mud to me, nothing new for a whore, but if a car passed you that means he's going faster and further as well from you. and it sounds like 3 lanes are involved, with even two there were plenty of ways to go, besides just maintain, i'm not imagining you in a deep lean here either. this reminds me of last week when i said yes i carry whilst riding, .44 Son of Sam and .38 hammerless off-duty, use a belly band with two wife sewn aids one front one rear. this is Outlaw land MF and that **** don't fly. in case no one is aware there are "watch out for biker stickers" from a nat'l campaign. there are so many in Palm Beach County i couldn't believe it. these "blacked out civics" with the phony pipes and **** would'nt be doing that ****. ms13 lick the **** off our boots we tell 'em.

http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2009/10/halfbaked.jpg

Toly
September 29th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I still don't get it... if the cager passed and merged ahead of the bike, why do anything?

Just keep the same lean angle with steady throttle, and just maybe pull in a tiny bit of clutch, or add a tiny bit of brake. Since the bike was not at full lean, and front fork not bottomed out, slight trail-braking would slow you down without change of direction or loss of traction.

massacremasses
September 29th, 2011, 08:23 PM

this post makes as much sense as this picture

http://img.memecenter.com/uploaded/1Bacon-Guy_8b64408680e34a3aaa9858f174c468c2.jpg

ninjagaiden09
September 29th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I vote # 3 !!! :eek:

Hope you're OK!

coondog
September 30th, 2011, 02:06 PM
you'd need to match my I.Q. of 126 to start and then one of you has a clue, cause i love bacon. ever smell a real pig farm?

massacremasses
September 30th, 2011, 02:21 PM
you'd need to match my I.Q. of 126 to start and then one of you has a clue, cause i love bacon. ever smell a real pig farm?

Using complete sentences and sentence structure with proper grammar might make your "I.Q. of 126" believable. :thumbup:

massacremasses
September 30th, 2011, 04:18 PM
How did TxriderMike create such a powerful troll thread?

everything coondog posts is troll bait.

:lol:

coondog
October 1st, 2011, 07:56 AM
The picture you posted makes perfect sense and extolls the issue being addressed itself visually. Hence I would imagine there was no caption for the masses of which you are a digit in; rat (race), lemming (to sea), sheep (to slaughter) etc. You are like forrest Gump repeating his own nature as if foreign to himself, "stupid is as stupid does." I always love the part where the mutts don't have a clue as to what they just said or did.

massacremasses
October 1st, 2011, 09:18 AM
The picture you posted makes perfect sense and extolls the issue being addressed itself visually. Hence I would imagine there was no caption for the masses of which you are a digit in; rat (race), lemming (to sea), sheep (to slaughter) etc. You are like forrest Gump repeating his own nature as if foreign to himself, "stupid is as stupid does." I always love the part where the mutts don't have a clue as to what they just said or did.

:rolleyes:

akima
October 1st, 2011, 12:23 PM
WTF Mike?!! We're growing old in here waiting for the details! :wheelchair: <-- Oh god! I have a beard :p

Hmmm...

* Akima makes a contemplating face and strokes her old-lady-beard * :p

ninja250
October 1st, 2011, 01:37 PM
Option G the aliums took it.

Malicious Logic
October 1st, 2011, 07:59 PM
WTF Mike?!! We're growing old in here waiting for the details! :wheelchair: <-- Oh god! I have a beard :p

Hmmm...

* Akima makes a contemplating face and strokes her old-lady-beard * :p

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on any seriousness of this thread. Started out pretty interested in hearing what happened....and now, not so much.

Jiggles
October 1st, 2011, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I've pretty much given up on any seriousness of this thread. Started out pretty interested in hearing what happened....and now, not so much.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/Nevertoolate2.png

CynicalC
October 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM

I think your results make it more obvious than ever how inaccurate those myspace iq tests can be. :laugh:

THE BIG SITT
October 3rd, 2011, 06:15 AM
…. so what happened?

FBNTH
October 3rd, 2011, 06:54 AM
Smurfs. Bad case of Smurfs. Damn those blue little bastards.

auknight
October 3rd, 2011, 04:28 PM
This is what REALLY happened. TXriderMike decided taking a 50 MPH right hand curve at 40 MPH was not much of a challenge, and opted to take a short cut by cutting left into the outside and jumping onto the overpass motocross style. Unfortunately, the black cage cut into his intended vector, thus creating a jet-wash effect from it's awesome ricer exhaust, and throwing Mike into turbulence. The combined turbulence, exhaust fumes, and flying grains of rice blinded him to the impending catastrophe. With no control, and lack of sensory input, Mike could only wait helplessly as the curb closed in for the kill. Only at the last possible second did Mike regain his senses, leaving him exactly 0.00053 seconds to react. Calling upon his rigorous military tactical training, and summoning the courage of 10,000 fallen Warriors, Mike initiated a pre-planned response for ricer interdiction, and executed it flawlessly, with the grace of a newborn donkey high on shrooms. Displaying courage and gallantry above and beyond the call of duty, Mike represented all those who have gone before us to defend freedom and democracy around the world by the simple utterance of a single battlecry upon jettisoning himself from his doomed Ninja. that battecry was,

AIRBOOOOORNE!!!"

choneofakind
October 3rd, 2011, 04:36 PM
:rofl:

akima
October 4th, 2011, 12:04 AM
:happy130:

We have to get the thread closed now, so the events of TXriderMike's incident are forever sealed in history, as they were told by Tony. :p