View Full Version : R6 is...

Gurk
September 29th, 2011, 11:54 AM
...everything people said it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Weaker on low end than other bikes...
Way more uncomfortable than other bikes in daily commute...
It's way above my riding level...

BUT YOU CAN BET YOUR SWEET A$$ THAT I LOVE IT REGARDLESS.

I wish everyone best of luck getting the 600 they always wanted. We get lots of sh*t for switching too soon and/or switching at all and what not. Tell you what there's a lot of truth in those comments and I agree with most. But I'm dead set on enjoying every second of this bike regardless. And yes I will be careful.

Love ya'll.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/747/photo1tzv.jpg

To:
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5648/photomef.jpg

Update :
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/390206_518368828900_134900561_30447536_2054401228_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/312743_518368853850_134900561_30447537_1027529135_n.jpg

Kevin2109
September 29th, 2011, 11:57 AM
You should make the picture bigger!! :p

Congrats on the bike dude! Now we have to go out for a ride soon

Gurk
September 29th, 2011, 11:58 AM
You should make the picture bigger!! :p

Congrats on the bike dude! Now we have to go out for a ride soon
Hahah yeah quickly replaced photo after seeing the size.

Thanks and most definitely!!

kaiserz
September 29th, 2011, 11:58 AM
dang that's hot :thumbup:

can't wait to get my 600rr. 7k more miles to go for me b4 I upgrade.

alex.s
September 29th, 2011, 12:01 PM
be careful man! especially setting down those wheelies above 60mph... r6 = no steering damper!

Gurk
September 29th, 2011, 12:01 PM
7k more miles to go for me b4 I upgrade.

That was my plan :D But hey you'll be way more prepared than me.

I gotta admit I wasn't a fan of RR's but they sure look way hotter than they seem on the net :thumbup: My bro had a 06. I had lots of fun on that back when I had no idea what I was doing :D Glad I didn't wreck that beast.

Lil_Green_Demon
September 29th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Nice, Gurk. Hope you stick around Ninjette still!

Gurk
September 29th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Nice, Gurk. Hope you stick around Ninjette still!

You bet Umar! Thanks bud :thumbup:

Alex
September 29th, 2011, 12:54 PM
2 months from MSF to 250 to R6? Is it going to be a commute bike or a trackday bike?

RedNinja21
September 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Wow you got a real beauty there. I have a long way to go before considering upgrading.

Good luck, ride safe.

Gurk
September 29th, 2011, 01:06 PM
2 months from MSF to 250 to R6? Is it going to be a commute bike or a trackday bike?
Yyyyyup. I was gonna go for a 600 directly after MSF but decided not to, although I have some (not much but not none) experience with bro's cbr. I'm glad I had the 250r first, granted not for long. I got almost all my money back that I spent on it :thumbup:

Mostly daily commute for now. Can't afford to track yet but I wanna get some track riding classes for sure in the not too distant future.

jram
September 29th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Congrats! Sweet wheels.

p1noysta
September 29th, 2011, 01:32 PM
sweet bike man I really wanted a R6 or even the gsxr but i just got too good of a deal on my zx6r. how was the ride home? i had to make a slow u-turn and almost ate it, and the mechanic that put my bike together didnt adjust the friction zone right and i stalled like 3 times getting home

kaiserz
September 29th, 2011, 01:41 PM
wow so you've only been riding for 2 months? how many miles do you have on your belt? be careful outhere.

Gurk
September 29th, 2011, 01:58 PM
sweet bike man I really wanted a R6 or even the gsxr but i just got too good of a deal on my zx6r. how was the ride home? i had to make a slow u-turn and almost ate it, and the mechanic that put my bike together didnt adjust the friction zone right and i stalled like 3 times getting home
Slow turns are harder not cause of CC's but cause of seating position on the R6. I used to be able to turn real tight on cbr so i dunno..

But no problems at all yet. Thing is way more fun/smooth at faster speeds though. I only went 85mph max and it's ridiculously stable compared to 250r but no surprises there.

I actually bought it and rode to work directly from there :D

Yeah friction zone way different than our ninjas. Ninjas were way fun in narrow streets avoiding pot holes and such haha. flick flick flickaway.

clintalmighty
September 29th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Congrats brah. Welcome to the Ninjette alumni group. :cool:

Live2ride
September 29th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Sweet bike! If I remember correctly, the r6's have the highest seat height of any 600cc bike. I sat on one in the dealership a while back and felt like I was doing a pushup, lol. I love the looks of them though, I considered buying one as my next bike until another fell in my hands. I hope you learned a lot on the 250, have fun riding and be safe. :thumbup:

Gurk
September 29th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Sweet bike! If I remember correctly, the r6's have the highest seat height of any 600cc bike. I sat on one in the dealership a while back and felt like I was doing a pushup, lol. I love the looks of them though, I considered buying one as my next bike until another fell in my hands. I hope you learned a lot on the 250, have fun riding and be safe. :thumbup:

You can never learn enough i guess but although R6 is WAY more awkward than the first 600cc I rode (cbr) I still feel more comfortable on it than back then..

But yeah. I can't flat foot on it when I'm holding handlebars. I can almost do it when I shift to neutral and sit upright. It's not that bad although I couldn't recommend it to anyone below 5'7" for streets

Jono
September 29th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Ahh I love the R6! They are just so damn sexy!!! Enjoy it! I hope to have one someday as well.

DerTeufel
September 29th, 2011, 07:19 PM
You can never learn enough i guess but although R6 is WAY more awkward than the first 600cc I rode (cbr) I still feel more comfortable on it than back then..

But yeah. I can't flat foot on it when I'm holding handlebars. I can almost do it when I shift to neutral and sit upright. It's not that bad although I couldn't recommend it to anyone below 5'7" for streets

Don't ever get a supermoto..or any other bike with a seat height over 32"

zilaniz
September 29th, 2011, 07:19 PM
nice I got a 08 R6, they are SCREAMERS! just be carefully they are pretty sensitive to input, a lot more than the 250.

Gurk
September 29th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Don't ever get a supermoto..or any other bike with a seat height over 32"

My boss has a BMW R1200GS. I would have to use a friggin ladder to climb on the thing. It looks twice as big as the R6 hahaha.

Yeah I shouldn't complain much.

backinthesaddleagain
September 29th, 2011, 08:28 PM
sweet looking bike for sure, be careful and enjoy

choneofakind
September 29th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Those are great looking bikes. I wouldn't buy an R6 just because they're so top-end oriented, but they make me drool none-the-less. Be careful :thumbup: don't want to add you to the crash threads on a bike that beautiful.

You plan on keeping the 250? or is the R6 officially your only bike now?

p1noysta
September 29th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Slow turns are harder not cause of CC's but cause of seating position on the R6. I used to be able to turn real tight on cbr so i dunno..

But no problems at all yet. Thing is way more fun/smooth at faster speeds though. I only went 85mph max and it's ridiculously stable compared to 250r but no surprises there.

Yeah friction zone way different than our ninjas. Ninjas were way fun in narrow streets avoiding pot holes and such haha. flick flick flickaway.

Haha yea my problem with u turns is the tank on the 6r, it like sticks out to where my arms are. It's probably my short arms

Gurk
September 29th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Haha yea my problem with u turns is the tank on the 6r, it like sticks out to where my arms are. It's probably my short arms

I think it's just that R6 seating position is pretty track oriented. When you tuck down and get in a aggressive position it really does feel to work for you. Only problem is, it's not very realistic to commute for a long time in that position hahah. oh it's so worth it! :D

Gurk
September 29th, 2011, 09:36 PM
You plan on keeping the 250? or is the R6 officially your only bike now?
Nope. Traded the 250 in. It'd be great to have both but I also have a car. Just too many toys.. 250 had to go.

ninja250
September 30th, 2011, 04:53 AM

Yes, the 250 is a wobble machine.
You have to be comfortable with your riding to like it. hehe.

You are sitting higher and the bars are lower behind the tank now, U-turns become harder than the Ninjette for sure.
This is where your counterlean comes in.

I tend to practice U-turns out front of my house quite a bit. (While practicing wheelies, etc)
I believe if you did so also )u-turn practice), you would gain more experience and confidence with them much faster. You guys should see me bust a U-turn.

BUT YOU CAN BET YOUR SWEET A$$ THAT I LOVE IT REGARDLESS.
That's all that matters.

That bike can turn very quick, also.

I know, I used to have one. ;) You will learn it fast.
What I remember of mine it was small and nimble like the Ninja.

And yes they do hurt like hell for some reason lol.

Nice bike, regardless. Be safe and Enjoy.

Gurk
September 30th, 2011, 07:38 AM
You had an R6?! I didn't know.
I haven't practiced the slow speed tight u-turns that much to be honest. I figured in a parking lot, I don't really mind putting my feet down and walking in the friction zone to make a turn if it comes to that. But it would be nice to do them quicker. Kevin was talking about a cone day. Maybe that would help.

When I first got the 250 and rode all day, I was pretty sore for 2 days. Then I quickly got used to it and it was no big deal. Now I'm sore from R6 again haha. It's a good workout for sure for your core muscles (which I don't have much of it hahaha). Hopefully it'll hurt a bit less in a week. It'll never be as comfy as other 600's though that's for sure.

Thanks KC ;)

Heed
September 30th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Congrats dude.

I haven't even got my first bike yet and I know that the CBR is going to be my choice of 600cc.

Gurk
September 30th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Congrats dude.

I haven't even got my first bike yet and I know that the CBR is going to be my choice of 600cc.

:thumbup: When are you planning on buying? Going for ninjette? (doh?)

You're in for a treat! :)

Ranor
September 30th, 2011, 01:04 PM
So what made you want to get an R6 as opposed to the other bikes available in it's class? Nice bike btw...

nickjpass
September 30th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Get the Accord out of the picture.

Gurk
September 30th, 2011, 01:38 PM
So what made you want to get an R6 as opposed to the other bikes available in it's class? Nice bike btw...

Thanks! R6 has been my dream bike since even before I rode motorcycles. Its design is ridiculously hot in my opinion that's pretty much the main reason.

I did consider ZX-6R and GSX-R because of more street friendly power band and a lot more comfort but I just couldn't get over how great R6 looks.

I do wanna track someday so that's another plus for R6. Probably not anytime soon tho :/

But as I ride it I find more things that I love about it. The 8k+ RPM is PURE EViL. I feel like I'm tied to a truck being pulled away from handlebars :eek:

Trailerboy531
September 30th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Get the Accord out of the picture.

Perhaps we should put your bike there instead?
Posted via Mobile Device

Gurk
September 30th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Perhaps we should put your bike there instead?
Posted via Mobile Device
:rofl:

nickjpass
September 30th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I meant I just want a picture with out anything else in it besides your R6. Wallpaper. You guys are such ***holes sometimes. Also, I wouldn't mind putting my bike in the picture...

rusninja
September 30th, 2011, 08:32 PM
very sexy bike :O maybe you should get more angles of the bike so we can get more of a feel for it. ;]

rusninja
September 30th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I meant I just want a picture with out anything else in it besides your R6. Wallpaper. You guys are such ***holes sometimes. Also, I wouldn't mind putting my bike in the picture...

Well maybe stop complaining about other peoples pictures and get a bike so you can make your own wallpaper cause he sure didnt put the pic up so you can complain about how its not your ideal wallpaper.:thumbup: LOSER :p

xl3ox
September 30th, 2011, 10:04 PM
With great power, comes great responsibility. ATGATT my friend.

Gurk
September 30th, 2011, 10:14 PM

Yep yep. I wear full gear to go buy chewing gums :D
But Dainese boots I just bought seem to be stolen from the front of my house (just got the shipping today according to UPS tracking) so that sucks :mad: I'm stuck with my lower ankle ones for a while :(

Heed
September 30th, 2011, 10:48 PM
:thumbup: When are you planning on buying? Going for ninjette? (doh?)

You're in for a treat! :)

Of course. Hopefully this winter.

rusninja
September 30th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Yep yep. I wear full gear to go buy chewing gums :D
But Dainese boots I just bought seem to be stolen from the front of my house (just got the shipping today according to UPS tracking) so that sucks :mad: I'm stuck with my lower ankle ones for a while :(

You going to take it up with ups :O maybe they hid it?

Gurk
October 1st, 2011, 12:14 AM
You going to take it up with ups :O maybe they hid it?

I'm hoping they left it to one of the neighbors. But I'm not holding my breath.

Trailerboy531
October 1st, 2011, 12:54 AM

Have you ever tried being an asshole? You would be surprised how much fun it can be just don't abuse it :p

rusninja
October 1st, 2011, 07:39 AM
Have you ever tried being an ***hole? You would be surprised how much fun it can be just don't abuse it :p

keep the bad words to a minimum fixed it. :P Hes like 12:bathbaby:

nickjpass
October 1st, 2011, 02:38 PM
Well maybe stop complaining about other peoples pictures and get a bike so you can make your own wallpaper cause he sure didnt put the pic up so you can complain about how its not your ideal wallpaper.:thumbup: LOSER :p
I wasn't complaining...I was complimenting him/his bike! I asked for a picture of his bike? What is so bad about that! Maybe you should stop making fun of my lack of a motorcycle and go shoot yourself! People like you ruin other peoples lives just by making simple comments! You always tease me for no reason, it's becoming annoying!

Chubbs032
October 1st, 2011, 02:49 PM
Did you pay taxes on the original value of the r6 or the after trade-in value?

rusninja
October 1st, 2011, 02:51 PM
I wasn't complaining...I was complimenting him/his bike! I asked for a picture of his bike? What is so bad about that! Maybe you should stop making fun of my lack of a motorcycle and go shoot yourself! People like you ruin other peoples lives just by making simple comments! You always tease me for no reason, it's becoming annoying!

I have a life so i dont need to shoot myself thank you. :thumbup:

nickjpass
October 1st, 2011, 02:55 PM
I have a life so i dont need to shoot myself thank you. :thumbup:

I have plenty of life, thank you very much! I don't think you have a life since all you do, is pick on a fifteen year old that you've never met.

rusninja
October 1st, 2011, 03:00 PM
I have plenty of life, thank you very much! I don't think you have a life since all you do, is pick on a fifteen year old that you've never met.

I have life and i never said you didnt have a life. I was trying to finish it there but if you want me to keep being this so called dick ok.

areifel
October 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Should have bought a Daytona 675 :)

Gurk
October 1st, 2011, 05:08 PM
Should have bought a Daytona 675 :)
O sh!t. I better go exchange!

:D I'm extremely happy with my purchase :thumbup: I'm sure Daytona is awesome. Just not my thing.

massacremasses
October 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM
You should have bought a jet.

Gurk
October 1st, 2011, 05:11 PM

Now this on the other hand, is true.

ninja250
October 1st, 2011, 05:29 PM
He shoulda just helped me pay off my bike! lol

The brand new bikes are harder to ride this year man!
The slightly older ones used to be a tiny bit easier to ride position wise even though they were heavy it seems like.

My old GSXr's used to be more comfy too this new one is a bit less comfy!

They made them so short now that you have to be way forward on your nuts lol
The seats are higher too so it's harder to use the tank for all the support instead of your arms.
I thought this would translate to an easier to ride bike with the shorter wheel base but it kinda makes it harder a bit to get a good position.

Feels kinda funny I have a bit of getting used to it to do.

the older GSXR and R6 I think has a slightly easier position because they were longer and the tanks were bigger. These newer ones feel a bit cramped compared to 2002-2005.

PS don't worry about having no low end.
These super sports are all about high end screaming rpm power. you ride them way up in the RPM.
I'm starting to see why the 750 is an easier to ride bike than the 600.
Less RPM for more power.

Cruising around the twisties I don't even need to go above 8k with this thing.
It's weird!

Very nice low throaty tone though.
I bet yours has that nice high pitched whine at high RPM and starts to lift front wheel.
What does it redline at? 16k?

Trailerboy531
October 1st, 2011, 05:34 PM
Yeah when I finally found a good position on the R6 while test-riding it my nuts were definitely giving me the "...seriously bro?" staredown.

Gurk
October 1st, 2011, 06:12 PM
He shoulda just helped me pay off my bike! lol

The brand new bikes are harder to ride this year man!
The slightly older ones used to be a tiny bit easier to ride position wise even though they were heavy it seems like.

My old GSXr's used to be more comfy too this new one is a bit less comfy!

They made them so short now that you have to be way forward on your nuts lol
The seats are higher too so it's harder to use the tank for all the support instead of your arms.
I thought this would translate to an easier to ride bike with the shorter wheel base but it kinda makes it harder a bit to get a good position.

Feels kinda funny I have a bit of getting used to it to do.

the older GSXR and R6 I think has a slightly easier position because they were longer and the tanks were bigger. These newer ones feel a bit cramped compared to 2002-2005.

These super sports are all about high end screaming rpm power. you ride them way up in the RPM.
Less RPM for more power.

It's weird!

Very nice low throaty tone though.
I bet yours has that nice high pitched whine at high RPM and starts to lift front wheel.
What does it redline at? 16k?
Hahaha. Max called dibs. I owe him a GSX-R 750. Then I help you.

I think the newer R6 has a wider but lower tank but I'm not sure. Wider for sure. Max noticed on mine ('07) compared to the new one he tested that my tank was a bit slimmer and I think a bit taller. I really don't know what else is different besides some styling and the "deltabox frame" on the new ones. I'm sure stuff has changed but I can't tell much from by looking. They look similar.

On last tech day when we sat on bikes i found GSX-R to be the most comfortable out of GSXR, CBR, R6 and ZX. But yeah it seems they are all going for performance over comfort these days.

I should really get used to making the bike scream. I shift pretty early at the moment cause it's still in the engine break in period. I know there's other views on engine break in but I went with the manual for this. I dunno hopefully it doesn't do much harm hahah.

But yeah I love the sound at 10k. That's the max I went up to. It's hard to control myself. I told myself I would not go 8k+ before engine break in. It didn't happen! hahah. But yeah it redlines at 16k.

Cazper
October 1st, 2011, 08:12 PM
Wow Gurk... didn't see that coming... guess it's time for another oil change...lol. Hope you do okay with your new big toy... be careful out there!! :thumbup:

areifel
October 1st, 2011, 08:13 PM

+4

Gurk
October 1st, 2011, 08:17 PM
Wow Gurk... didn't see that coming... guess it's time for another oil change...lol. Hope you do okay with your new big toy... be careful out there!! :thumbup:

Honestly, me neither. At least that soon!

Yeah time for another round of embarrassing myself hahah. This time with the R6 lol.
I will be looking out for your Lair post Dustin. I know it's gonna be up sooner or later :thumbup:

backinthesaddleagain
October 1st, 2011, 09:44 PM
I thhink Yam narrowed the R6 tank as some were rupturing the tank on crashes.

NickNYC
October 2nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
Congrat's! I wanted to start with a CBR250R but ended up with a SpecialEdition; a lot less comfortable but a lot more powerful. Enjoying it? Have fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

csmith12
October 8th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Looks like I will be buying a 06 r6 from a friend at the end of the month. It needs a bit of love here and there, but for the price its a steal. And yes... I am keeping both of my 250's. :)

Gurk
October 8th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Looks like I will be buying a 06 r6 from a friend at the end of the month. It needs a bit of love here and there, but for the price its a steal. And yes... I am keeping both of my 250's. :)

:thumbup: You're in for a treat.

MotoED
October 9th, 2011, 04:19 AM
That is one sik looking machine man! I can see why you traded up your Ninjette. I still ride my 250 and will do so for at least a year or so. I feel my Ninjette still has some things to teach me before moving up.

Congrats on your new bike! Ride Safe and ATGATT:D

Havok
October 9th, 2011, 02:47 PM
That is one sik looking machine man! I can see why you traded up your Ninjette. I still ride my 250 and will do so for at least a year or so. I feel my Ninjette still has some things to teach me before moving up.

Congrats on your new bike! Ride Safe and ATGATT:D

Figure a way to keep the ninjette when you get the r6. its nice to have a nice comfy bike to run errands on and commute.

MotoED
October 10th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Figure a way to keep the ninjette when you get the r6. its nice to have a nice comfy bike to run errands on and commute.

Definitely keeping the Ninjette even after I upgrade to a bigger bike. Passing it on to my bro, and will use it for daily commuting. Not sure if I'll be getting an r6 though.

NickNYC
October 10th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I want a 650R.
Posted via Mobile Device

Trailerboy531
October 10th, 2011, 10:34 PM
...csb?

DarC
October 11th, 2011, 11:45 AM
The inline 4super sports are all about high end screaming rpm power. you ride them way up in the RPM.
Less RPM for more power.

It's weird!

:DFixed it for ya:D

killerkay3
October 12th, 2011, 05:30 PM
woo, welcome to the club, I think I saw your thread on the R6forum

Gurk
October 12th, 2011, 06:57 PM
woo, welcome to the club, I think I saw your thread on the R6forum

:thumbup:

blink
October 13th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Appreciate the confidence!

600's are great if you have throttle control.
In 2 months, you can very well put on my mileage/practice than some people who hate!

Toly
October 13th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Dunno who would keep a Ninjette after riding an R6... maybe a masochist? ;)

Gurk, have you figured out how to toss it around in corners? It seems to handle quite differently from Ninja in that respect... not that flickable.

Gurk
October 13th, 2011, 01:25 PM

Gurk, have you figured out how to toss it around in corners? It seems to handle quite differently from Ninja in that respect... not that flickable.

Oh dude R6 will eat and spit the corners with ease...

I can't.

yet.

csmith12
October 13th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I will let you know in just over 2 weeks..... Imma test mine out right.... at the track!

massacremasses
October 13th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I said in another thread you jumped ships. It reminded me of this song ;)

tmEmeSysbsU

csmith12
October 13th, 2011, 01:45 PM
i didn't jump ship, i love my 250, i am running it at putnam this weekend, pics to follow in another thread

massacremasses
October 13th, 2011, 01:46 PM
lol talking to Gurk ;)

csmith12
October 13th, 2011, 02:34 PM
yea, i just read that post just a few mins ago, no harm done :crazyloco:

Gurk
October 13th, 2011, 06:13 PM
jumped ship landed on f22 :P

blink
October 13th, 2011, 06:16 PM

You just have to learn to ride proper lines.
And lean off the bike and push. They corner amazing..

csmith12
October 19th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Bought It!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/gonecrazy_photos/2006%20yamaha%20r6/IMAG0333.jpg

Gurk
October 19th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Bought It!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/gonecrazy_photos/2006%20yamaha%20r6/IMAG0333.jpg

SWEEEEET :thumbup: REV that beast :cool:

nickjpass
October 19th, 2011, 01:00 PM
That's a nice color! Nice bike csmith12 !!

Gurk
November 2nd, 2011, 09:41 AM
Bored photo showoff/update :P

Mods so far :

-Puig Dark Smoke Windshield
-Sans Weird Factory Reflectors near front tire
-Sans Decals
-Hotbodies Flushmounts
-ASV C5 Levers (<3<3<3<3)
-OES Accessories Frame Sliders
-Sans Passenger Footpegs
-Graves Fender Eliminator
-CustomLED Integrated Taillight/Turnsignals

On their way to garage :

-Krypton Bulbs Projector / Halos
-OEM Solo Seat Cowl

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/390206_518368828900_134900561_30447536_2054401228_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/312743_518368853850_134900561_30447537_1027529135_n.jpg

Live2ride
November 2nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
Finally! It's about time you showed us some updated pics, geeeeeeeeeeez! :p

Gurk
November 2nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
Finally! It's about time you showed us some updated pics, geeeeeeeeeeez! :p

I'll ignore your sarcasm and say THEY'VE BEEN UP FACEBOOK FOREVER U SOAB!

lol

u smell...

<3

Live2ride
November 2nd, 2011, 10:18 AM
I'll ignore your sarcasm and say THEY'VE BEEN UP FACEBOOK FOREVER U SOAB!

lol

u smell...

<3

We aren't friends on fb so I couldnt see them. T_T

alex.s
November 2nd, 2011, 10:29 AM
seriously cozy im not friends with gurk ... well maybe i am but i never look at his profile and even still ive seen these photos at least a dozen times... get with the time boy

DarC
November 2nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Looks good:thumbup:

Gurk
November 2nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
seriously cozy im not friends with gurk ... well maybe i am but i never look at his profile and even still ive seen these photos at least a dozen times... get with the time boy

u are friends with me. liar!

i guess i'll add cody too :/ pfff..

Gurk
November 2nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Looks good:thumbup:

Thank you Dan :thumbup:

Lil_Green_Demon
November 2nd, 2011, 01:57 PM
:thumbup: Looks fly, Gurk.

Cazper
November 2nd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Updates look great homie!!! I'm even more jealous now :drool:

Gurk
November 2nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks fellas :) I got the Krypton Bulbs projector/hid/halos delivered today. I hope the install isn't too crazy hahah. More updates soon!

csmith12
November 2nd, 2011, 04:22 PM
That is cool stuff Gurk. Now I have to play catchup on the mods.

choneofakind
November 2nd, 2011, 04:25 PM

From what I've read, the R6 responds very well to turn in, and practically FALLS into turns, however, it does require a little more muscle than the 250, so it doesn't nearly have that flicking feeling when going back and forth between opposite directions. Is that about right Gurk?

Gurk
November 2nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
From what I've read, the R6 responds very well to turn in, and practically FALLS into turns, however, it does require a little more muscle than the 250, so it doesn't nearly have that flicking feeling when going back and forth between opposite directions. Is that about right Gurk?

I will say that high speed maneuverability of the R6 seems to be delicious (yes, a technical term). On my good days I feel like I'm riding a bicycle.

*Flame Suit* I was squidding hard the other day trying to make it to work on time. Yes, weaving around cars like crazy. R6 was going exactly where I want it to go when I want it to go and how fast I want it to go. Well ofcourse it was, I was riding it. But what I'm saying is, I don't feel like I'm fighting the bike too much.

And I think I now know exactly what they mean when they say R6 front feedback to the rider is a delight. It really is. Yesterday I've revisted some very fast curves (110 Pasadena) I used to ride with the 250. I was waaaaaay more comfortable. Had way more faith in the bike and the front was saying "dude you can go 20mph faster on this turn and be fine." A great feeling I gotta say. I hit this double curve everyday to work. Right and Left. It's friggin awesome to just "jump" from one side to another and the bike working with you.

Take all that with a grain of salt though. Eventhough I'm nowhere near a pro, I'm way more experienced now than 2 months ago with the Kawi so that might partially be the reason why I feel more confident on the R6. And another reason might be that the curves I take with the R6 are like 80mph+ curves which ofcourse feel better on R6 cause it's not buzzing like it's gonna explode :D I'm sure in 40-50mph tight curves kawi is still king.

I wish I had more to offer but I've only been commuting with the bike and I'm doing my best pushing myself whenever I can or safe on the little 12mile commute I do everyday to work in hopes of understanding and adjusting to it a bit better.

DarC
November 2nd, 2011, 07:50 PM
That's spot on. I remember my R6 is being a very nimble yet solid/confidence inspiring. It's doesn't need a lot of input to do what you want. Very similar to the 250 yet amplified if you get what I mean.

In contrast (sort of) my RC needs solid confident input but once it's there it's like a freight train and doesn't move unless you make it move. I love that feeling of having to control something with a slight amount of force and it in return rewards you with obedience.

I kind of miss that flickable feeling (although the RC is no slouch, I think I would like to have another Fireblade (in addition to another 250:D )

Gurk
November 2nd, 2011, 09:36 PM
That's spot on. I remember my R6 is being a very nimble yet solid/confidence inspiring. It's doesn't need a lot of input to do what you want. Very similar to the 250 yet amplified if you get what I mean.

In contrast (sort of) my RC needs solid confident input but once it's there it's like a freight train and doesn't move unless you make it move. I love that feeling of having to control something with a slight amount of force and it in return rewards you with obedience.

I kind of miss that flickable feeling (although the RC is no slouch, I think I would like to have another Fireblade (in addition to another 250:D )

Exactly! You think, it moves. I was actually thinking about that today as I was riding. It sounds stupid but the traffic was fairly fast and we all entered a curve. During curve I actually thought about what I was doing to make it turn. The input was so minimal that it almost felt like I was just on a rail following the road and my body didn't even do anything to make it turn.

Ninjette had the similar feeling for sure! You think about counter steer and your brain already sent the signal to your arms/hands and bike is already turning before you even realized it.

I'm not trying to sell anyone on R6. Just sharing excitement :D

But anyway. Yes I'm happy with my choice so far. Very happy.

csmith12
November 14th, 2011, 03:02 PM
She is finally on the road!

http://i39.tinypic.com/dyrq1f.jpg

Havok
November 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM
She is finally on the road!

http://i39.tinypic.com/dyrq1f.jpg

Ugliest stock turn signals in history! Like little damn footballs hanging out, Wait scratch that they are so big they are full size footballs. Change them, one of the first things i did on my Fazer.

csmith12
November 15th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Tell me about it! As well as rear fender needs to be gone ASAP. Had to get it plated and insured first though... Priorities ya know! I can still ride it with football indicators.

DarC
November 15th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Just tell everyone that they are OEM frame sliders :P

Scoot looks sharp:thumbup:

nickjpass
November 20th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Did you really quote that picture lol like we'd notice a picture bigger than my computer screen ;)

Gurk
December 3rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Damn been a while since I checked this thread.
Since I bought it, I'm glad to say no crashes (well I did lay down once going 0mph lol. It was also on my frame slider. No scratches. Nothing. I got lucky!)

I also tracked it once!!!! Some of the best time I had in my life. Seriously...

I feel very comfortable on it. Although it's still the least comfortable 600, you really do get used to it. Still in love <3

Gurk
December 3rd, 2011, 08:29 PM
And Chris, congrats!! I bet you're loving it :)

nickjpass
December 4th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Nice bike by the way!

NathanUc
December 5th, 2011, 09:59 AM
(EDIT, just saw mod list lol)

My good friend rides an R6 (06 SE iirc). Nice looking bikes that are great for track days. Enjoy it

headshrink
December 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM

Good quote. :thumbup:

Gurk
December 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM
...Can't afford to track yet but...
:rolleyes: Yeah right :rolleyes:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/375378_519463041090_134900561_30454724_1103791339_n.jpg

burningscooter
December 12th, 2011, 05:35 PM
awesome photo gurk. did you fair well?

Gurk
December 12th, 2011, 05:40 PM
awesome photo gurk. did you fair well?
Thanks!!

Well all depends on perception. In the grand scheme of things, I sucked. But for someone who started riding August, I think I showed good improvement in one day. (13 seconds between worst and best lap). And I wasn't the slowest on track, not that it's a race.

So yeah most important thing is, it was an amazing first experience :D I want more! Already have 4 track tickets for 2012. Aiming for 15 total.

Toly
December 13th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Gurk, you're sitting too straight on the bike... put your chest on the tank. Also, Ur right arm appears too stiff.

csmith12
December 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Nice Gurk, glad to see you get out there and do work! Just have fun, stay loose and smooth on the track and keep learning just like we all do. More pics plz! or start your own track day report thread.

Yes Sir! I am loving mine. Weather has kept me from riding as of late and no local track time for me until next year. Trying to work up a Jennings trip though in Jan. but that don't look it's gunna happen either :(. I have been on a few group rides and a few spirited pace rides since getting it. And still no mods... maybe santa will be good to me. (crosses fingers)

Last time I was in the garage the ninja wined at me, it nearly brought a tear to my eye. I know it's wanting to take me for a ride but I haven't ridden it since getting the 6. Next time... I promise.

choneofakind
December 13th, 2011, 03:32 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah right :rolleyes:

it's official now. Every rider looks 10X more badass when riding in one piece leathers with taped off lights and looking through their turns :thumbup:

csmith12
December 13th, 2011, 03:35 PM
word!

Gurk
December 13th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Gurk, you're sitting too straight on the bike... put your chest on the tank. Also, Ur right arm appears too stiff.

Agreed with both. On my very last session I was actually focusing on that. A few times I was able to completely relax in a lean. Like spending little to no effort to stay on the bike. Will come with practice hopefully.

Gurk
December 13th, 2011, 06:42 PM
it's official now. Every rider looks 10X more badass when riding in one piece leathers with taped off lights and looking through their turns :thumbup:

Haha thanks. Yeah I look like I know what I'm doing.. well almost :D

Gurk
December 13th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Nice Gurk, glad to see you get out there and do work! Just have fun, stay loose and smooth on the track and keep learning just like we all do. More pics plz! or start your own track day report thread.

Yes Sir! I am loving mine. Weather has kept me from riding as of late and no local track time for me until next year. Trying to work up a Jennings trip though in Jan. but that don't look it's gunna happen either :(. I have been on a few group rides and a few spirited pace rides since getting it. And still no mods... maybe santa will be good to me. (crosses fingers)

Last time I was in the garage the ninja wined at me, it nearly brought a tear to my eye. I know it's wanting to take me for a ride but I haven't ridden it since getting the 6. Next time... I promise.
For a while I wished I kept ninjette also but man I can't lie. I don't miss it that much. r6 is too much fun :D I'm glad you're having fun too :thumbup: hopefully you get better weather soon. Gotta love Socal!!

Hahah ok I'll post some more pics.

Gurk
December 13th, 2011, 06:45 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/384330_519462961250_134900561_30454719_713882450_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388342_519462981210_134900561_30454720_1833645348_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/390494_519462996180_134900561_30454721_202495456_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/390965_519463011150_134900561_30454722_1867343466_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/391032_519463026120_134900561_30454723_1212202529_n.jpg

nickjpass
December 13th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Nice bike/pictures. I like the first one's effect.

csmith12
December 13th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Look at those pics man..... I bet you had one h*ll of a time.

Very nice and you made my night.

Thanks Gurk

Gurk
December 13th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Look at those pics man..... I bet you had one h*ll of a time.

Very nice and you made my night.

Thanks Gurk

No, thank YOU! :D

I'm pretty sure it was one of the best days of my life. I already have 4 trackdays reserved for 2012 :thumbup: My daily commute is 8-10 miles so down the road, I might even just turn it into a pure track bike! We'll see haha

choneofakind
December 13th, 2011, 08:46 PM

WOOOOOOAAAHHH! Black and white makes it even better!!

me gusta!!

Gurk
March 21st, 2012, 11:16 AM
2nd track day! Way more to come this year ;)

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/420174_523683064130_134900561_30477191_654695207_n.jpg

csmith12
March 21st, 2012, 11:49 AM
Nice Gurk!

burningscooter
March 21st, 2012, 01:39 PM
Looks great Gurk. I see you got some race fairings. lol

what are you shooting these photos with?

Gurk
March 21st, 2012, 02:12 PM
Looks great Gurk. I see you got some race fairings. lol

what are you shooting these photos with?

yep. full commitment! :) I don't ride street anymore so I thought it'd be nice to get something that crashes well and is easy to take off/put back on.

i believe the track photographer on buttonwillow uses a Canon 7D. He doesn't edit photos i believe so I color correct / edit them to my taste.

csmith12
March 21st, 2012, 02:14 PM
i see a gopro there. post the vid?

Gurk
March 21st, 2012, 02:19 PM
i see a gopro there. post the vid?

Watching it is pretty painful since i'm slow as hell :D It's there only to monitor my lap times.

But hey, I can only get better!http://www.youtube.com/user/TrackingGurk/videos

PS: On that track day 2 video I don't shift because my clutch kept getting stuck for the good part of the day :( I almost crashed twice because of it. But since then I've fixed the issue :)

burningscooter
March 21st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Gurk looks FUN man. Happy to see you are fully committed. Keep at it man, youre only going to get better.

And trust your BRAKES.

that is all

csmith12
March 21st, 2012, 02:31 PM
Dood, Your doing fine considering how long you been riding. Just gotta work out those lines.

Nice riding sir!

Gurk
March 21st, 2012, 02:40 PM
thanks guys. yeah i don't sweat it much. i talk to a amateur racer friend of mine. he gives me pretty good critique about lines and technique. hopefully with his guidance i'll shave some seconds off in the next few outings.

burningscooter: totally agree! i coast a lot. i should be WOT more and brake later. it'll come!

:thumbup:

kkierann
March 22nd, 2012, 02:12 AM
the track itself looks like it has seen better days

Gurk
March 22nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
the track itself looks like it has seen better days
it's a bumpy old track but it's oh soooo much fun :D

massacremasses
March 22nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
sooo should I trade my 250 for this then?

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s138/massacrethemasses/image.jpg

csmith12
March 22nd, 2012, 12:50 PM
DO IT! HURRY! Before they change their minds.

headshrink
March 22nd, 2012, 12:53 PM

I don't care if you get that bike, but you should never trade a 250r!

massacremasses
March 22nd, 2012, 01:14 PM
DO IT! HURRY! Before they change their minds.

haha it sounds like the dudes gf already may be backing out. whatevs. Im not trippin. either way I feel like I win.

choneofakind
March 22nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
if she doesn't change her mind, DO IT DOIT DOIT DOIT!!

Gurk
March 22nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
I might sound like an ahole but I don't miss the 250 much Justin... :p

So YES! Get a super sport sooner or later! :D

massacremasses
March 22nd, 2012, 02:09 PM
I might sound like an ahole but I don't miss the 250 much Justin... :p

So YES! Get a super sport sooner or later! :D

lol I plan on it if they still want to trade. :)

I got another dude talking about a ZX6R so when he gets back to me we will see on that one as well...

alex.s
March 22nd, 2012, 02:15 PM

yes

csmith12
April 5th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Got my wheels powdered. Now on to the rest of the mods;

Kill fender
Flushmounts
Fix dent in tank
Side plastics that are missing

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l635/csmith126/R6%20Pics/WP_000397.jpg

Gurk
April 5th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Got my wheels powdered. Now on to the rest of the mods;

Kill fender
Flushmounts
Fix dent in tank
Side plastics that are missing

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l635/csmith126/R6%20Pics/WP_000397.jpg
Always liked white wheels :thumbup:

massacremasses
April 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I can PC your wheels white Gurk ;)

Trailerboy531
April 5th, 2012, 02:53 PM
You want Gurk to ship 2 wheels...

That sounds expensive. Especially when the guy doesn't care because his bike is now track only lol

Gurk
April 5th, 2012, 02:59 PM
You want Gurk to ship 2 wheels...

That sounds expensive. Especially when the guy doesn't care because his bike is now track only lol

:whathesaid:

also there's always Alex. Although I hate him.

massacremasses
April 5th, 2012, 03:23 PM
idk how much it is to ship. but itd only be like $100 for me to do white.

Gurk
April 5th, 2012, 03:36 PM
idk how much it is to ship. but itd only be like $100 for me to do white.

Maybe if I was still on the street. For now all I care is how much better I can get on the bike. Which means I'll only spend money on track days and comfort/performance mods.

alex.s
April 5th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Although I hate him.

how sweet. but i thought we kicked you out of this forum when you bought that girls bike?

Gurk
April 5th, 2012, 03:43 PM
how sweet. but i thought we kicked you out of this forum when you bought that girls bike?

Alex a few months ago: "let's switch bikes. pleeaaaaaaaaase? :("

alex.s
April 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM
if you havent noticed, i will ride anything.

just not your girlfriend.

Gurk
April 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM
if you havent noticed, i will ride anything.

just not your girlfriend.

I will ride yours. Oh wait... you don't have one and you never will.

alex.s
April 5th, 2012, 03:59 PM
/screenshot
/send to gurks girlfriend
/profit

Gurk
April 5th, 2012, 04:05 PM
/screenshot
/send to gurks girlfriend
/profit

meant bike! meant bike!

god damn it. lol

massacremasses
April 5th, 2012, 04:32 PM
ohhh snap!

Trailerboy531
April 5th, 2012, 09:37 PM
meant bike! meant bike!

god damn it. lol

:rotflmao:

Gurk
April 10th, 2012, 04:22 PM
R6 is..... DESTROYED :D

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7087/photobul.jpg

csmith12
April 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
:censored:

1st You OK?
2nd What happened?
3rd Where is the video?

I hope you have a great group of guys that can help you get your bike back in working order. It don't look to bad.

Alex
April 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Who had April in the pool? :)

You OK, Gurk?

choneofakind
April 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
awww bummer Gurk!

since it's already been asked if you're ok, did you at least have fun on the laps before you ate it?? :D

Gurk
April 10th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks guys i'm 100% ok. and the previous laps were indeed very fun!
It was a perfect day. Was my first time doing Buttonwillow in reverse (shoulda taken more time learning track backwards lol. But the track is A LOT of fun backwards. I wanna try it again. I was doing way better than last time before the crash haha.

Oh well!

Details in crash thread

csmith12
April 23rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Gurk, question for you (or anyone else). Did you find your front light/lifting up at 12k rmp over crests/dips in 3rd and 4th? I was pulling hard out of the final turn and got many good runs down the straight. The back straight at the track I am riding has a large dip in it and every time I hit it in 4th at 135mph the front lifts and I get head shake. You have that happen?

Mandatory R6 photo for this thread
http://i39.tinypic.com/2qapums.jpg

Gurk
April 23rd, 2012, 06:49 PM
Gurk, question for you (or anyone else). Did you find your front light/lifting up at 12k rmp over crests/dips in 3rd and 4th? I was pulling hard out of the final turn and got many good runs down the straight. The back straight at the track I am riding has a large dip in it and every time I hit it in 4th at 135mph the front lifts and I get head shake. You have that happen?

Mandatory R6 photo for this thread
http://i39.tinypic.com/2qapums.jpg

I feel it gets lighter most of the time going off corners if when gunning it real hard and early. I never did a full blown wheelie on track because of this but it definitely gets lighter.

If you're getting headshake it's most likely cause you're too tight on the bars. I make this mistake too at times. I have a steering damper but in reality, I think we should be able to correct this with good technique (aka stabilize yourself on the bike with legs and keep arms loose so you avoid giving the bike unwanted input)

Sorry if that info was something you already knew but we forget it often and doesn't hurt to repeat :) I know I forget it at times!

EDIT: PS: You're looking badass! :thumbup:

choneofakind
April 23rd, 2012, 07:03 PM
The back straight at the track I am riding has a large dip in it and every time I hit it in 4th at 135mph the front lifts and I get head shake.

ohohohoh!! this was a scenario presented in TOTW2!!

If you're getting headshake it's most likely cause you're too tight on the bars. I make this mistake too at times. I have a steering damper but in reality, I think we should be able to correct this with good technique

^^...and this was the lesson in that part of the video too! :p (I've been watching those when I have free time :D )

EDIT: PS: You're looking badass! :thumbup:

I concur.

csmith12
April 23rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Duh!!!! I know at least a few times I was tight on the bars, thanks for the reminder. The first 5 or so sessions it was fun... shift from 3rd to 4th right at the limiter and if I was on the right spot on the strait, the front would lift pretty good. Near the end of the day, I guess I got tired and tight.

I feel the same lightness in the front end off corners but that is the twist of the wrist for ya right!!!! :D

Thanks Gurk!

NDspd
April 23rd, 2012, 07:32 PM
I got to take a new '11 R6 around Road Atlanta for a couple laps...freaking awesome! I now so want a 600 so bad. I felt so confident with my abilities and what the bike's feedback was. The bike and really I'm speaking for most supersports, are much more predictable and precise compared to the little 250. It was so amazing words can't describe how much fun I had.

Gurk
April 23rd, 2012, 07:35 PM
Duh!!!! I know at least a few times I was tight on the bars, thanks for the reminder. The first 5 or so sessions it was fun... shift from 3rd to 4th right at the limiter and if I was on the right spot on the strait, the front would lift pretty good. Near the end of the day, I guess I got tired and tight.

I feel the same lightness in the front end off corners but that is the twist of the wrist for ya right!!!! :D

Thanks Gurk!

No problem. Now gimme your body position and rims and we'll call it even :D

csmith12
April 23rd, 2012, 07:40 PM
badass aye... ahhhh shucks guys. http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae301/EarlyMemphis/Smileys/BlushingSmiley.gif I am still learning but I think I am well on my way. Check my pucks, totally spent but a "touch and go" works just as well.

Here is a better pick of that same corner from the pro photographer.

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l635/csmith126/IMG_1976.jpg

choneofakind
April 23rd, 2012, 08:15 PM
Do I spy a little mustachio there?? :p

or is that just the breath deflector in the helmet?

csmith12
April 23rd, 2012, 08:18 PM
Do I spy a little mustachio there?? :p

or is that just the breath deflector in the helmet?

hellz yea! a mustache adds +5 ballz to the rider.

choneofakind
April 23rd, 2012, 08:19 PM
:lol:

Gurk
April 23rd, 2012, 08:55 PM
now i know why i got slower! gotta convince gf i NEED the stache back :D

Gurk
May 16th, 2012, 06:13 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9649/photo2akfxvv.jpg

pew pew pewwwww
and now with an 08 tail <3

alex.s
May 16th, 2012, 06:27 PM
chain is too loose

csmith12
May 17th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Maybe now is a good time to do a midpipe delete?

csmith12
May 17th, 2012, 11:32 PM
you know that thing weighs about 8-10lbs right?

Gurk
May 29th, 2012, 04:40 PM
it's ok. 10lbs will make no difference in performance at my level :D

Gurk
May 29th, 2012, 04:41 PM
chain is too loose

nope.

csmith12
May 29th, 2012, 04:44 PM
So you got everything back in order and ready?

Gurk
May 29th, 2012, 05:19 PM
So you got everything back in order and ready?

just gonna change oil and water and put fresh new brake fluid in.
other than that, i'm done.

there's a small problem though. i realized the shifter is a little bent and rubbing against the bike stand. it's not that bad but i might take it out and hammer it back to shape a tad.

Track on 9th and 17th. Excited!

csmith12
May 29th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Can't wait to see how your progress through the next few track days. You draggin knee yet?

Gurk
May 29th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Can't wait to see how your progress through the next few track days. You draggin knee yet?

nope. i'm not worried about it that much to be honest. i'll drag knee when i'm turning faster and leaning more. some people drag knee at my speed. i don't think it's necessary.

Lisamarie86
May 31st, 2012, 10:17 AM
Gurk,

Just got an R6 identical to yours. Taking it out on the track first time next week. Little nervous bout it thou. It rides totally different from my ninja 636.

All comments you made bout how it handles I totally agree.

Srry dont have better pic..

csmith12
May 31st, 2012, 01:31 PM
Don't be nervous, be water..... flow......

http://i47.tinypic.com/37e6d.jpg

Gurk
July 18th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Getting my confidence back ever so slowly. I had a good 3 weekend run on track. Here's a pick from Sunday @ Big Willow.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/600057_530573750140_1135732941_n.jpg

csmith12
July 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Word! Fly pic homie! Do dat thang!

Joule
July 18th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Getting my confidence back ever so slowly. I had a good 3 weekend run on track. Here's a pick from Sunday @ Big Willow.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/600057_530573750140_1135732941_n.jpg

Wallpaper detected. :thumbup:

Joule
July 18th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Trolololol :D

5evenz
July 18th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Siiiiiiiiccccckkkkk!

Lisamarie86
July 19th, 2012, 08:07 AM
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg569/01diddle01/cmp.jpg
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg569/01diddle01/cmp2.jpg

I'm definitly sold on the R6! Handles great, and it's lighter than my Ninja636. Thats a + for me. Gearing and shifting feels different, and will probably take another track day or two to adjust. All-in-all, definitly glad I was able to take it out, and see what its capable of. Which is probably more than what i put it thru. :p

Gurk
July 19th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Trolololol :D

ahahahahh nice. probably exactly what my face was doing! :P

Gurk
July 19th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I'm definitly sold on the R6! Handles great, and it's lighter than my Ninja636. Thats a + for me. Gearing and shifting feels different, and will probably take another track day or two to adjust. All-in-all, definitly glad I was able to take it out, and see what its capable of. Which is probably more than what i put it thru. :p

Sweet photos. Yeah R6 is very punishing when it comes to gears. You really gotta be in the right gear or it just doesn't wanna pick itself up! I think it's really nice training though. Makes you try and keep it at its sweet spot in RPM's the whole time. Which I'm struggling with too. I'll get it right sooner or later haha

menikmati
July 19th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Nice pictures, what model of Dainese suit is that?

Gurk
July 19th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Nice pictures, what model of Dainese suit is that?

laguna seca pro. i love the suit. and it survived a pretty fast speed lowside on track :thumbup:

rcouch358
August 8th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Beautiful bike man, sucks it got messed up (thankfully not too bad!). I plan on making the same jump as you in a couple months, as soon as I find a good deal on an R6. I want to hit the track once im comfortable on that... not until next season though.

Good to hear your experiences and comments on the move... makes me want to get one tomorrow though! Lol

choneofakind
August 23rd, 2012, 11:10 AM
rcouch358 Hit the track on the 250. It's a great learning tool.

The R6 is a beast, and going around the track on a slower bike before hand will give you a great appreciation for the supersport.

Plus, you have a track-capable bike now. The track is just too damn fun to wait for. :)

Gurk
August 23rd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Sunday can't come sooner :banghead:

Gurk
August 28th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Through my friend's camera. Wheeeeeee
Horrible line and a terrible body position but I'll take my first knee drag. I'm not sure if I'm actually touching in this pic but i did it 3 times in a row in that corner. Now that's out of the way, I can actually focus on riding fast bwahahah.. jk jk

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/7565/screenshot20120828at210.png

csmith12
August 28th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Gratz mang! Don't be hard on yourself, not bad... not bad at all. Starting to get your grove on?

choneofakind
August 28th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Woot WOOT GURK! nice yo!

Gurk
August 28th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Thanks guys.
Chris, yeah I'm way more comfortable but also definitely learning new things everytime I go out there. What I'm happy with most is after each sessions I can sit down and think and come up with what I'm doing wrong.

One thing I gotta do for sure is lose some weight man.. I'm so friggin lazy on the bike. I don't get my body down. And that's mainly what's wrong with my body position in the photo. That bike should be a tad more straight up and I should be leaning my body a whole lot more. I'm definitely better first few sessions then I quickly get tired and stand my upper body up a bit..

Along with following better lines (comes first), if I can solve my bp, lazy steering (not leaning in quick enough aka flicking the bike) and gear problem (not being in the right gear for the right corner. r6 feels like a goddamn honda civic if i'm one gear up than i need be), I'll improve a ton. Then it'll all be about late break and early/hard throttle off corners to get a few more seconds down.

Anyway. I sound more upset than I really am. I just know I can get way faster. Don't we all :D :thumbup:

choneofakind
August 28th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Get a bicycle. Or a pair of running shoes. Start slow and work your way up to 30+ minutes of vigorous excercise 4-5 times a week. It won't be an insane workout schedule, but the cardio will keep you in shape and you won't get tired as quickly. :)

csmith12
August 28th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Looks baller in the pic yo. Sure you can nit pic about how far down your head is but dood, common... hahahahaha

Now I can tell you... "GO FAST AND TAKE CHANCES!!!!"

alex.s
August 28th, 2012, 03:38 PM
nice photo gurk

Gurk
August 28th, 2012, 05:18 PM
thanks alex <3

chris 1 : yeah i wanna get into cycling! everyone in my office is a serious cycler and they competed at one point or another. sucks to be the only fatso :D

chris 2 : yeah next time i'll be more throttle happy. lol

Jiggles
August 28th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Ryan, have you taken the 250 to the track yet?

csmith12
August 28th, 2012, 08:15 PM
chris 2 : yeah next time i'll be more throttle happy. lol

yay! I am Chris 2 ahahahaha

http://www.nme.com/boards/images/smilies/werd.gif

Gurk
August 28th, 2012, 10:56 PM

subject to change

choneofakind
August 29th, 2012, 11:18 AM

Must be my dashing good looks and my babyfac... errr clean shaven face ;)

chris 1 : yeah i wanna get into cycling! everyone in my office is a serious cycler and they competed at one point or another. sucks to be the only fatso :D

do it! there's plenty of basic road bikes that are great for exercise or transportation etc. Talk to the guys you work with. If they competed, they likely have spare bikes or know where to get quality inexpensive bikes, or at least they'll have some advice on what to look for/how to get the workout you want. If you find you like road biking, you can get a fancy shmancy carbon fiber road bike that weighs less than your R6's tires and is uber rigid and then go attack some of those California mountain roads.

Or get a mountain bike and make fun of your road-biking coworkers for being weight weenies because you can hop curbs and not give a f*ck.

Gurk
November 6th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Boredom + Free time = Painting the bike. It's a ****** rattle can job but who cares! If I ever get new set of fairings some day I'm getting those painted by a pro in the same color scheme though.

Next will be either orange rim tape OR getting rims powder coated orange. OR a combo of both. Black rear rim with orange rim tape and an orange front rim. I kinda like that uneven look. Dunno..

edit : oh yeah i couldn't resist photoshopping out the frame slider holes. I should repair those. Too lazy at the moment hehe.

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/680449_534084095380_1229246337_o.jpg

alex.s
November 6th, 2012, 09:34 AM
orange and black checker wheels.

DO IT NOW.

csmith12
November 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Fly pic Gurk!

csmith12
November 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM
orange and black checker wheels.

DO IT NOW.

omg... read my mind. leave the wheel lip black, do the checkering on the wide part of the wrheel. would look so dope.

Gurk
November 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM
dunno. feel like would be too busy looking! :P I'm a fan of siple stuff heheh.

I'l photoshop it first and see how that looks.