View Full Version : dropped :/

massacremasses
October 2nd, 2011, 06:43 PM
I dropped my bike today. I couldnt touch because the ground was uneven and when my leg was finally touching there was to much weight and I went down... yep. 0 mile an hour drop... I = failure. lol

my buddy jumped off his R6 and picked up the bike since it was on my leg... Only damage was the right turn signal. the clear piece busted off the turn signal. other then that no apparent damage.. this is also the messed up side... haha so its all good..

flush mount time! Im gonna get the ones my buddy got for his R6 and see how they work since I dont feel like paying a ton of money and his were $8 and they work freaking great.. we will make them work.

anyways . I then took a picture with the lake in the background (at the Oroville Dam)... I just tried to upload it and its no where to be found... apparently my phone didnt save it... :( Oh well Ill take some later.

So all in all no big deal, just lost some pride and busted the turn signal.. ha Im ordering frame sliders next week. :lol:

Laugh it up... ;) Also I am using the same helmet but I might look for another one. I think its fine because I went down really slow, but my head did smack the concrete pretty good..

ninja250
October 2nd, 2011, 06:56 PM
Umar just dropped his 250 on my gsxr :p

massacremasses
October 2nd, 2011, 06:57 PM

:eek:

2011Ninja250R
October 2nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
:confused::eek::confused20:

Heed
October 2nd, 2011, 07:14 PM
Most drops are 0 mph.

RaZeDaHeLL
October 2nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
You just got OWNED by the forces of gravity! LOL but seriously its no big deal. Happens to everybody.

Jiggles
October 2nd, 2011, 08:08 PM
You just got OWNED by the forces of gravity! LOL but seriously its no big deal. Happens to everybody.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/129111927714558141.jpg

Trailerboy531
October 2nd, 2011, 08:12 PM

Wait wait. Seriously!?
Posted via Mobile Device

Gurk
October 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear Justin. Glad you're ok and damage is not THAT bad.

?!?!?!

Firehorse
October 2nd, 2011, 10:56 PM
:(

and:( :thumbup: Glad you got out of it okay but now you're in the club forever! May as well get it out of the way now.
I'm looking at impaktec racerails so the next time I snuggle up to the pavement, it won't give my turn signals the wobblies. Put it back in but still wobbles. Like your idea better.

Yup, get a new lid and be careful, head bumps can be nasty. If your posts start to go all funny-like, we're calling 911.

Whatcha got in mind for a new lid ???

MotoED
October 3rd, 2011, 01:52 AM
Glad you're ok. I also got lucky when I dropped my bike at 0mph lol. Only damage was a busted turn signal and a scratch on the back of my mirror. I'll be getting some of Tri's flush mounts, they look freakin' awesome! But 1st, frame sliders :D

akima
October 3rd, 2011, 02:34 AM
I've almost dropped my bike at 0MPH twice, but I just managed to push it back up before it hit the floor. Glad your bike isn't too badly wrecked. You were unlucky with the indicator. When I rode into that ditch, my indicator just popped clean off: no damage to it. I just clipped it back on.

My head didn't heart after I bumped it when it crashed, but I called my doc for advice anyway. He said that the first 3 or 4 hours is when you're most likely to get symptoms of concussion; if nothing happens during that time then you're probably fine. He said symptoms include:
* Dizziness
* Vomiting
* Blurred vision
* Difficulty concentrating

massacremasses
October 3rd, 2011, 05:24 AM

This + the fact im so damn short... lol

:(

and:( :thumbup: Glad you got out of it okay but now you're in the club forever! May as well get it out of the way now.
I'm looking at impaktec racerails so the next time I snuggle up to the pavement, it won't give my turn signals the wobblies. Put it back in but still wobbles. Like your idea better.

Yup, get a new lid and be careful, head bumps can be nasty. If your posts start to go all funny-like, we're calling 911.

Whatcha got in mind for a new lid ???

haha I was fine I didnt even get a headache or anything. Just a bruised ego and knee cap. :lol:
I have been looking at that Oneil Triade I think its called? the one with the intergrated bluetooth... Its pretty pricey so im not really sure If I wanna go that route. I talked to my buddy who saw my fall and he thinks the helmet is fine and I didnt really hit hard enough to cause and damage to the helmet or my head, but still id like to get a now one asap. But yeah Im gonna check into getting some cheap ebay flush mounts to fit asap as well, plus frame sliders and bar ends...

I've almost dropped my bike at 0MPH twice, but I just managed to push it back up before it hit the floor. Glad your bike isn't too badly wrecked. You were unlucky with the indicator. When I rode into that ditch, my indicator just popped clean off: no damage to it. I just clipped it back on.

My head didn't heart after I bumped it when it crashed, but I called my doc for advice anyway. He said that the first 3 or 4 hours is when you're most likely to get symptoms of concussion; if nothing happens during that time then you're probably fine. He said symptoms include:
* Dizziness
* Vomiting
* Blurred vision
* Difficulty concentrating

I may be able to pop it back in with some ghetto rigging... It ripped out the plastic where it screws in on the far side... we will see, but still getting flush mounts ASAP. :D

ninja250
October 3rd, 2011, 08:20 AM
:eek:

Yeah I think he thought he had the kickstand up and set it down or something but the kickstand wasn't there to catch him. I'm not sure.
No big deal.. it happens. No damage.. helped him up.

Glad nobody dropped anything while moving.

Yesterday was fairly wild and a super long day. I'm pooped. You guys really take it out of me lol. I'm not the kid I used to be.

CZroe
October 4th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah I think he thought he had the kickstand up and set it down or something but the kickstand wasn't there to catch him. I'm not sure.
No big deal.. it happens. No damage.. helped him up.

Glad nobody dropped anything while moving.

Yesterday was fairly wild and a super long day. I'm pooped. You guys really take it out of me lol. I'm not the kid I used to be.

*whew*
Glad it fell on the same side as was already damaged on his bike. We don't care what happens to a Suzie though...

JUST KIDDING!

NDspd
October 4th, 2011, 07:04 PM
What are some good frame sliders that work and look good on a '11 250R?

Glad you're ok man.

bluepoof
October 4th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Shoulda left the plastic wrap on! :lol:

I tease...I've dropped more bikes at 0mph than I can count. Darn stubby legs!

massacremasses
October 4th, 2011, 07:12 PM

Glad you're ok man.

think im geting PSR sliders and bar ends.. I forget what else.. but im paying like $150 for it all from a buddy... that plus flush mounts since I broke the turn signal... lol

Shoulda left the plastic wrap on! :lol:

I tease...I've dropped more bikes at 0mph than I can count. Darn stubby legs!

haha idk if it would have protected it from my stupid ass... lol oh well good excuse to stop dragging my feet and not getting frame sliders and flush mount turn signals...

Alex
October 4th, 2011, 07:16 PM

http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/Frame_sliders

RaZeDaHeLL
October 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM
This + the fact im so damn short... lol

I'm short too so don't feel bad, us short people have to be more careful. My drop was also a combination of bad footwear, being short and gravity being a *****. I was backing up to park on an uneven surface after a nice long ride. I was feeling good, I didn't expect anything bad to happen. Suddenly the bike started rolling back too fast and I panicked. I grabbed the front break while the handlebars were turned in an attempt to stabilize myself. By then it was too late and I went down slowly and painfully. Luckily nothing was damaged and nobody was looking. Now I wear better footwear and always lightly hold the front break when backing up.

The boots I wore that day were partially to blame because they have a really thin sole and leave me literally on my toes. Another thing I notice is that the bike is heavier when the gas tank is full so I have to be more careful.

massacremasses
October 4th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I'm short too so don't feel bad, us short people have to be more careful. My drop was also a combination of bad footwear, being short and gravity being a *****. I was backing up to park on an uneven surface after a nice long ride. I was feeling good, I didn't expect anything bad to happen. Suddenly the bike started rolling back too fast and I panicked. I grabbed the front break while the handlebars were turned in an attempt to stabilize myself. By then it was too late and I went down slowly and painfully. Luckily nothing was damaged and nobody was looking. Now I wear better footwear and always lightly hold the front break when backing up.

The boots I wore that day were partially to blame because they have a really thin sole and leave me literally on my toes. Another thing I notice is that the bike is heavier when the gas tank is full so I have to be more careful.

thats totally true.. I had just filled up my gas tank AND I was wearing my vans rather then my steel toe work boots which is what I generally wear when riding it since I ride it to work and stuff... ha so yeah I totally agree... My handle bars were also turned for some unknown reason...

RaZeDaHeLL
October 4th, 2011, 08:00 PM
thats totally true.. I had just filled up my gas tank AND I was wearing my vans rather then my steel toe work boots which is what I generally wear when riding it since I ride it to work and stuff... ha so yeah I totally agree... My handle bars were also turned for some unknown reason...

Here's another horror story for you, its even worse than tipping over.... getting STUCK!!!

One time I squeezed in between a bunch of vans and limos in a garage. I work for a limousine company and its an auto repair garage, not a parking garage so there was no room for me to turn around. I didn't realize that the garage went downward until it was time to go home. I couldn't get out of there if my life depended on it and had to have several coworkers help push me out. So EMBARRASSING!!! :p

Firehorse
October 4th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Here's another horror story for you, its even worse than tipping over.... getting STUCK!!!

One time I squeezed in between a bunch of vans and limos in a garage. I work for a limousine company and its an auto repair garage, not a parking garage so there was no room for me to turn around. I didn't realize that the garage went downward until it was time to go home. I couldn't get out of there if my life depended on it and had to have several coworkers help push me out. So EMBARRASSING!!! :p
:)
It's life keeping us humble.
And all your co-workers were still thinking, "What a nice bike...wish it was mine."

akima
October 5th, 2011, 01:43 AM

lol, poor thing! :p

Only recently have I started going backwards into downward-sloping parking spots. Makes for a much smoother, engine driven exit.

massacremasses
October 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM
haha thats sucks... At least no one saw you drop it though... my friends just laughed after they helped me up.. haha

I also have a hard time getting it out of my garage cause Im so short, and there is a big lip at the garage entrance and it sometimes takes me so damn long... lol

akima
October 5th, 2011, 01:44 PM
cause Im so short

So that's you in your avatar? :p

rockNroll
October 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I think short people are cute. I've contemplated having one as a pet but I'm concerned that it'll knock motorcycles over when I'm not around.

rockNroll
October 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
:p

coondog
October 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
well, in the end you can page through the rest of our names to find the end of the "done that" list bro.

massacremasses
October 5th, 2011, 03:12 PM
So that's you in your avatar? :p

LULZ

noo looks a hell of a lot like my son though... haha But its not... he got in trouble for using the "f" word at daycare though...

Damn you COD Black Ops... you make me curse when I think my sons asleep... haha

AznJoJo
October 5th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Hope your leg is ok :(. Get well soon!

Trailerboy531
October 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM
LULZ

noo looks a hell of a lot like my son though... haha But its not... he got in trouble for using the "f" word at daycare though...

Damn you COD Black Ops... you make me curse when I think my sons asleep... haha

Don't lie... you must have laughed a little bit. I know I did! :p

massacremasses
October 5th, 2011, 05:29 PM
haha I did but then I had to put my serious face on... I laughed when he gave a kid a black eye too, but then again... serious face... hahaha