View Full Version : Should I remove old arcade high scores?

Alex
October 2nd, 2011, 08:21 PM
I'm considering having the high scores in the arcade (http://arcade.ninjette.org) age out after 1 year. It seems like they are all so high, that nobody plays them much anymore, and there isn't much incentive left. If I did this, I would change it so all your scores are saved, not just the highest one, so if a higher one aged out you would still have the older ones.

What do people think? I think it would increase traffic to that area and make it a little bit more fun.

Alex
October 2nd, 2011, 08:28 PM
This link (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&module=report) should take you to a page showing your own score ranking in each game, and the age of the high score for that game.

Jiggles
October 2nd, 2011, 08:29 PM
Do it.

Also your blackjack game cheats :mad:

Scattcatt
October 2nd, 2011, 09:12 PM
I like the idea, but I can personally go either way. I mean for me personally, it isn't the games that make me come to the site, it's the people and the actual forum portion and I'm sure there are plenty of others like me out there. The games are fantastic for the very rare occasion of extreme boredom like I've taken a liking to that Tower Defense 2 game a lot haha (which is what they're there for anyway, right?) But I think it's still more for the fun than a competition. Either way, I'll be satisfied, totally not what you're looking for since I'm indifferent, but it's just my opinion lol.

alex.s
October 2nd, 2011, 10:05 PM
you just want to reset my roulette score so you can beat me again don't you...

Alex
October 2nd, 2011, 10:10 PM
:) Don't I already hold the roulette high score? You're not going to like hearing this, but it was my 4-year old who got a lucky roll. He was putting the black chips down all over the board, and one of them hit. Good thing he doesn't have his own ninjette.org account yet! :rotflmao:

Anyway, it's that back and forth high score "fighting" that's so fun about forum-based games. Once the scores get totally out of reach and years old, it isn't as fun anymore (IMO). But that's the point of this thread, I want to know what other people think as well...

gfloyd2002
October 3rd, 2011, 04:10 AM
Do eet.

http://www.thejc.com/files/imagecache/body_landscape/borat_0.jpg

dubojr1
October 3rd, 2011, 06:50 AM
I agree. Clear um!

Alex
October 4th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Bump. (for a few more votes) :thumbup:

CThunder-blue
October 5th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I'd be interested to know how many people who are voting to clear them don't have a single high score?

dubojr1
October 5th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I'd be interested to know how many people who are voting to clear them don't have a single high score?

I voted to clear them and have one high score as of now. I just got it though from the recently added games I think. I guess it doesn't matter though since it's not a year old.

Alex
October 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Thanks, folks. I decided to go forward with it. All of your scores are now saved (rather than just your top score). Scores age out after 1 year. The points scoring for the Leaderboard (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&module=league) now follows the MotoGP points table from 1st through 10th:

1st 25 points
2nd 20 points
3rd 16 points
4th 13 points
5th 11 points
6th 10 points
7th 9 points
8th 8 points
9th 7 points
10th 6 points

dubojr1
October 7th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Now it is a little weird that now you are in 1st place and king of the arcade...:rolleyes: :p

J/K... ;)

Alex
October 7th, 2011, 08:50 AM
It is suspicious. :) But once people start playing some of the new games, or in fact most of the games where I do have a high score, they'll see that the scores are often extremely low, and played just once to make sure the game was working. I hope I'm not at the top of the list there for long...

Alex
October 9th, 2011, 05:00 PM
OK, that didn't take long. Someone has gone on a tear this weekend, and I've been booted from the top of the high score list. Also - if the goal was to get more people playing the arcade with this change, the goal is certainly being met! More games played in the past few days than in the past few months. :thumbup:

dubojr1
October 10th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Mission "Arcade Stimulation"...... Successful!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Alex
June 23rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Some of the older high scores are starting to age off as expected from this thread, and a bunch of new players are moving up the ranks. Glad some people are still getting some good use out of the arcade! :thumbup: