View Full Version : Columbia, MD - Rider Study $50 Gift Card

BlueTyke
October 4th, 2011, 07:00 AM
My friend is helping out with a Rider Study and needs a few helping riders from the area. Well Maryland area. You do have to have a Maryland license to participate.

What happens is you set up an appointment time, show up, check in, ride around for 30 minutes or so while being observed from a vehicle, go back to the check in table and get a $50 gift card to either Target or Best Buy.

There are still appointments avaliable you can contact: riderstudy@gmail.com or call 443.267.8839

From what I understand the current study is going to involve MSF but they are seeing if observing from a tailing vehicle is a viable option. (Or at least that is what my boyfriend said when he did it. I had battery issues with my bike so I will be signing up once I get her running again)

gogoKawi
October 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Hey!!!! Glad to see you are still around. Does your friend just want 250 riders? If so, I have some folks to help.
Posted via Mobile Device

kaiserz
October 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM
D: Va license here.... that's nice... getting payed to ride...

BlueTyke
October 5th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Hey!!!! Glad to see you are still around. Does your friend just want 250 riders? If so, I have some folks to help.
Posted via Mobile Device

Doesn't have to be 250. Boyfriend has a Busa.. All types are welcome! :)

robmilchling
October 6th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Well I just emailed them. Why not?

Minikin_Jo
June 2nd, 2012, 04:54 PM
I did the study a few weeks ago, my second weekend on the bike. They gave me a gift card to Target for $50. It was actually kind of a nice ride. They are supposed to contact me in 6 mos to do it again, for another $50...

I should add that though they welcome all types, they were looking for new riders, specifically.

Old Lemon
June 3rd, 2012, 08:29 AM
Sounds cool. Ill do it

Minikin_Jo
June 4th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I just spoke to my coworker this morning (I work in the same division as the Rider School at HCC and we're in the same office) and was able to confirm with her that the Rider Study is still going on...they are looking for new riders to participate. She said they plan on continuing into August 2012.

It only takes 45 min of your Saturday to participate and the nice part is, you're riding for 30 of those min. :thumbup:

rmorse
June 4th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Newer rider, and I'd be down. PM me!

rmorse
June 4th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Ohhh, I just read the first message. I'll contact them!

Minikin_Jo
June 4th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I was just getting ready to message you but I see you got it.

rmorse
June 4th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Haha, thanks. Reading comprehension was never my thing....

Old Lemon
June 4th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I sent an email yesterday but didn't get a response yet :(

BlueTyke
June 4th, 2012, 08:15 AM
I sent an email yesterday but didn't get a response yet :(

Just a thought as yesterday was Sunday (weekend) and a beautiful day, they were most likely out enjoying it. I would give it a little bit of time to see if you get a response back.

Old Lemon
June 4th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Yea that is understandable. I shall wait

Minikin_Jo
June 4th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Old Lemon - try: riderstudy@howardcc.edu -- that is the email on the flyer on the website.

tony7kp
June 4th, 2012, 10:18 AM
hmm. I'll need to contact them as well. Its right in my neighborhood so its not even a drive for me. I'll get paid to ride around for 30 mins. =D

Minikin_Jo
July 20th, 2012, 08:23 AM
They are still looking for newer riders for the study. You can contact them to see what they consider to be 'new'. Even if you've been riding for a few months you might still qualify. It doesn't hurt to contact them and ask! You earn $100 (in a gift card for Target.) You get a $50 one after the first study, then in 6 months, you do it again, for the other $50. And they do hand it to you as soon as you're done. You don't wait for it in the mail or anything.

You ride your own bike and complete 2 half-hour sessions. All you do is ride. No tricks, gimmicks, tests, comments or questions asked.

To qualify: you must have a valid motorcycle learner's permit or license from MD, PA, DE or DC.

If you're currently riding on a MD learner's permit you can take the motorcycle licensing skills test as part of the study then complete the on-road observations.

http://www.riderstudy.org
443-267-8839
riderstudy@howardcc.edu

Old Lemon
July 20th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I don't think they consider me new because when they askedx for my information I had already driven 5000 miles and they never responded after that :(

Minikin_Jo
July 20th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I'll ask my coworker what they consider new. I don't know why they aren't so prompt in responding.

Old Lemon
July 20th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Well it took them a week to ask me for my info. Its been like 2 months since I sent it

Minikin_Jo
July 20th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I'll check.

Stingray1000
July 20th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I feel disciminated because I live in DE!!!! :(

Minikin_Jo
July 20th, 2012, 09:31 AM
You can do the study! lol

Stingray1000
July 20th, 2012, 09:53 AM
But will I get the gift card??? Prob not! lol Unless I show up and do the lil riding dance and it's too far away! :( Come get me Jo! LOL

robmilchling
July 20th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Damn, I didn't realize they were only looking for new riders. I guess thats why I never got a response :/

Minikin_Jo
July 20th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Okay, I asked my coworker and told her how you didn't get a response, and her response was this:

"New rider is a person who has gotten their license within the last year and has ridden less than 2000 miles within a year. This girl "Jen" fields all the emails, but that’s probably why, he was over the mileage to qualify."

I don't know who "Jen" is, but from what I understand, she works for the State of MD. The State is who is running this study, they are just utilizing our campus and peeps to assist with it. Proper customer service was for her or whomever to respond and at least tell you that!

(And, no offense to the State employees but they do have a reputation for not getting back to people in a timely manner...I've worked with State employees for far too long!) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Old Lemon
July 20th, 2012, 07:43 PM
:(