View Full Version : Best and Worst day of my life....

DarC
October 4th, 2011, 01:38 PM
So lately I have been excruciatingly busy and on top of everything I found out that my wonderful wife has to leave for a year to work in New York. My plans for her to take the reigns of DarC and ride have been put on a huge hold. This is where it gets bad....

We need to sell DarC. Besides being my 2nd favorite motorcycle of all time (#1 will soon be discussed) I have an opportunity to get back on another mint RC51 (#62 - 2001). I am trying my hardest to hold on to DarC but it just isn't feasible with us having 4 vehicles and limited space. So sadly...she must go. The RC just has more "senority" in this battle.

Why is this not a "leaving the fold" thread?

Glad you asked! I am going to stay active in Ninjettes because I am going to buy another one in 18 months or so when she gets back. (yay) She want's a white one... I also have a few friends who I have talked into buying Ninjettes as their first bikes and will be helping them with the bike as well as steal spirited rides:)

Everyone has been amazing here and I just like to chat so I'm not bailing for some dusty RC site as I pretty much know everything they have to offer.

Anyone near El Paso can have first digs on DarC, but she is already being hit up hard within the first few hours of Craigslist action.

Enough of that crap, let's get to the goods right? That's why everyone reads these threads anyways...to see what death traps everyone has bought.

I will remind you all that the RC is only an upgrade in "character". Everything else (besides the god fearing motor) is pretty much more painful than a ninjette.

This bike is MINT. Absolutely breath taking up close. It is pretty much stock save for levers, pegs and a full titanium/carbon fiber Akrapovic exhaust (youtube it, bring a towel) All the stock parts are included so It's a real dealio. Price, well blue book does not do these bikes justice. It was appraised at $4400 and some change and I'm paying $4750, knowing what it is makes me feel comfy with an extra $350 on top.

Anyways, here are some pictures. I hope to pick her up in the next week or so when I get some time off from work.

Live2ride
October 4th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Wow, I've heard some amazing amazing things about that bike. have you ridden it yet? If so, how did you like it? Sorry to hear about your wife going off on business but in 18 months hopefully we'll have a new ninjetter to help out :). Congrats on the rc 51!

DarC
October 4th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks! I had an SP2 prior to this one and it had the better fuel injections, etc.

This one felt like a brand new bike. Fired right up, rumbled like a rockstar, buttery smooth shifts. I seriously think it's been barely broken in. Did I mention the torque??:D

These bikes are notoriously tall geared so I will have to get used to giving it plenty of gas to get going and the typical glug glug of the twin. When I hopped on it was like a reunion with an old friend...as a matter of fact I think they made these bikes just for me as it fits like a well broken in glove.

DarC
October 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM
GOOD news!

At least for awhile.....cohabitation:D

gogoKawi
October 18th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Oh my! What a find! My friend just picked one up about a month ago and he absolutely loves that bike. It sounds fantastic.

Have fun and ride safe!

choneofakind
October 18th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Those have a V4 in them right? They sound pretty darn good on youtube

DarC
October 19th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Andre, they are incredible machines. Those that have had them and sold them (me included) only count the days to get another one. It's a weird bike and there is a strong attraction for certain riders. It really is a special bike. This one is my last one I buy unless I pick up an SP2 (2002-2006) in the future, and you can count on that. (God forbid I get hit I am still keeping the ashes in a jar!)

They are V-twins..just two 500cc jugs pumping out gobs of torque. The preceding RC45 had a V4 as does the VFR800 (similar looks..kinda).

When I get a chance I will try to make a vid of the exhaust. It's incredible with the Akra cans. Harley guys look at me like "wtf...is...that o.0" other sportbike riders not "in the know" are like "is it broken?".

backinthesaddleagain
October 21st, 2011, 10:23 AM
Awesome bike. A friend tracked one this week, and a different in the summer. Both awesome to look at and especially hear.

Jvello15
November 23rd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Bikes not too bad but that picture with the Kawi kills it lol