View Full Version : Mikesshields?

Jninja
October 4th, 2011, 06:48 PM
So i just purchased the eurosport shield from mikes,Was just wondering if anyone on the board has one on there pre ninja?If so would you put up some pics for me the pic on his site is bland and only one view!!I'm hopeing it will cut down on the wind at higher speeds(legal speeds :))But still look good.
So if you got one let me know how you like it!! thnx

kimboEX250
October 5th, 2011, 04:28 AM
anybody have any input on this?? i'm wantin too, but i agree, mike needs more pics

bcole666
October 6th, 2011, 12:14 AM
They seem to kill the sporty look for me; but thats just my personal, mildly relevant opinion on the topic :p

JCCJMM_
October 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM
http://forums.ninja250.org/viewtopic.php?t=71424&highlight=euro+shield&sid=958dc2a94b800bf9e14f061779abcc45

Alex
October 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM
:thumbup:

cerberusrex25
October 6th, 2011, 01:00 PM
If I wanted my ninjette to look like a goldwing I would buy one, or just buy goldwing.

Jninja
October 6th, 2011, 01:20 PM
If I wanted my ninjette to look like a goldwing I would buy one, or just buy goldwing.

O.k. not sure this looks like g wing but thnxs for your op.
http://www.mikesshields.com/images/sporteuro.jpg

Jono
October 7th, 2011, 07:06 AM

Dang that looks good! Post more pics. I think I want one. But that link to the tall one looks terrible.

Jninja
October 7th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Dang that looks good! Post more pics. I think I want one. But that link to the tall one looks terrible.

That is what the orig post is for it is the only pic i can find.
Well i should get it soon and will take several pic's to post!!:thumbup:

Jono
October 7th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah I saw that on his sight after I posted. So definitely post pics. I want to see what it looks like from the front, side, and sitting on the bike. I think it looks better than the stock screen how it kinda wraps around. Looks more sporty.

"A"
October 7th, 2011, 09:56 AM
My Ninja in winter riding mode..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/Motorcycling/2004%20Ninja%20250/IMG_4528.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/Motorcycling/2004%20Ninja%20250/IMG_4539.jpg

Put some plastic spacers and rubber washers to reduce the air pressure difference at speed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/Motorcycling/2004%20Ninja%20250/IMG_4541.jpg

CZroe
October 8th, 2011, 05:33 AM
I thought Mike's was out of business?

They seem to kill the sporty look for me; but thats just my personal, mildly relevant opinion on the topic :p

Uhh, that look didn't exist TO kill on an EX250F. :thumbup:

cerberusrex25
October 8th, 2011, 10:20 AM

I saw the other one that is ugly as sin and made it look like a Gwing. Yours actually looks sporty enough.

Alex
October 8th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I thought Mike's was out of business?

Site's still up. http://www.mikesshields.com/ :thumbup:

Kevin K
October 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
http://forums.ninja250.org/viewtopic.php?t=71424&highlight=euro+shield&sid=958dc2a94b800bf9e14f061779abcc45
Yeah, that was my write up back when Susan owned the bike. I'm still running the windshield, but stopped using the Winter Wings since they don't help much when you're running bar risers. The Euroshield is great, BTW. Whether or not you like the look, it works great!
-K

choneofakind
October 12th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Uhh, that look didn't exist TO kill on an EX250F. :thumbup:

Well they don't exactly have the sex appeal of the J series bikes or current supersport bikes, but they definitely have the classic sporty look. I honestly prefer the F series bike in looks just because it's capable of more than it looks like it is. Plus from the proper angle, damn.

Don't get me wrong, the J bikes are still beautiful.

CZroe
October 12th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I think it looks great too except for the front end but I don't think it looks particularly "sporty." It could with a few changes but I haven't seen anyone take it all the way, which is why I now want one to play with.

Jono
October 12th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I like my pregen. Yes it is not sexy like the newgens but that is why it is nice. It is not fake. The newgen is all show and no go. The pregen is no show and no go. Haha. No but back when the pregen was designed it had sport bike looks. It looked like the Kawasaki 900R's little sibling. The pregen has that classic late 80's sport bike look.

http://www.servicerepairmanualonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Kawasaki-GPZ900R-zx900-service-repair-workshop-manual.jpg

CZroe
October 12th, 2011, 09:03 PM
The thing is, even when I was a kid in the '80s I thought the rectangular headlights looked awkward and there really is no excuse for those mirrors! Luckily, both can be rectified. Also, the GPZ900's windscreen didn't terminate at a flat headlight. There was at least a little bit of fairing there!

Jono
October 12th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I see what you're saying. But I guess the pregen 250 has a face only a mother can love. Haha. I am not a big fan of the square headlight with the windscreen either, but it grows on you. I don't want to change it. But that is just me. It doesn't look as bad in person. In fact, I think the whole bike looks much better in person.

CZroe
October 12th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I do like that the GPZ900 mirrors are very similar to the ones they use today (pointed this out in an earlier thread about Top Gun).

bcole666
October 13th, 2011, 04:13 AM
I actually like the look of the pregen 250s
However, I admit they would have looked better if they were less box-y

(For what its worth, im on a zzr250 / ex250h - slightly less box-y)

johnjohn
October 13th, 2011, 04:33 AM
2001 250H or ZZR 250. Old style but good looks, no faking there.lol

choneofakind
October 13th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I hate the mirrors. But I overlook them since I love my bike and they aren't worth my time, nor money when I could be riding

bcole666
October 14th, 2011, 03:57 AM
2001 250H or ZZR 250. Old style but good looks, no faking there.lol

They're not the same model?
BRB doing more research :s

kimboEX250
October 14th, 2011, 08:37 AM
That is what the orig post is for it is the only pic i can find.
Well i should get it soon and will take several pic's to post!!:thumbup:

have you gotten the windshield yet? while it may not be as sexy as the zero gravity shields, it's the only one i've found that seems like it will completely block the wind. i have reserves ordering one for the simple fact that i keep hearing that he is not making anymore, but then again the website seems to be active?

bluepoof
October 14th, 2011, 09:20 AM
i have reserves ordering one for the simple fact that i keep hearing that he is not making anymore, but then again the website seems to be active?

He took some time off this past summer for a health issue but the last time I talked to him, he was making shields again. :thumbup:

kimboEX250
October 14th, 2011, 10:05 AM
GREAT! thanks bluepoof

Jninja
October 14th, 2011, 09:28 PM
have you gotten the windshield yet? while it may not be as sexy as the zero gravity shields, it's the only one i've found that seems like it will completely block the wind. i have reserves ordering one for the simple fact that i keep hearing that he is not making anymore, but then again the website seems to be active?

I haven't got the screen yet i have heard it takes awhile.No rush for me i will post up some pic's when installed.Who knows you might get yours before me!:thumbup:

Guoseph
November 4th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I haven't got the screen yet i have heard it takes awhile.No rush for me i will post up some pic's when installed.Who knows you might get yours before me!:thumbup:

Any updates? Did you get your windscreen? Pics?

Also, anyone with any experience on the large Euro GT version? Would love to see a picture of it mounted.

kimboEX250
November 4th, 2011, 07:54 PM
:whathesaid:

Jninja
November 4th, 2011, 08:33 PM
:whathesaid:

Not yet but i did receive conformation that it is being shipped. :thumbup:

Jninja
November 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Looks like delivery is Wednesday!! I'll try to get some pics up before i leave for the weekend .
:thumbup:

AlanDog
November 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I'm 5'10" and he recommended the Euro model. I've been using it all year, pretty much. It does not direct air above my helmet, but it does keep it off my body. It doesn't reduce wind noise unless you lean down. When I lean down my helmet is a few inches from the shield and then I do get much less noise. But just sitting up, I don't think it makes any difference. I was initially disappointed when I got it. If I had to do it again, I'd custom order a Euro model that is about 2" taller.

The other thing is that the workmanship and finish was pretty poor. It basically looks like someone did it in his garage... oh, because he did... well, he could have finished the edges much nicer. I can still see where the saw cut into the plastic! And not only was shipping slow, I felt like he wasn't being honest about it. He said my initial emails were getting lost in his spam folder (and that's why he ignored me for two weeks); not sure I believe him, although it's possible.

Guoseph
November 8th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I'm 5'10" and he recommended the Euro model. I've been using it all year, pretty much. It does not direct air above my helmet, but it does keep it off my body. It doesn't reduce wind noise unless you lean down. When I lean down my helmet is a few inches from the shield and then I do get much less noise. But just sitting up, I don't think it makes any difference. I was initially disappointed when I got it. If I had to do it again, I'd custom order a Euro model that is about 2" taller.

The other thing is that the workmanship and finish was pretty poor. It basically looks like someone did it in his garage... oh, because he did... well, he could have finished the edges much nicer. I can still see where the saw cut into the plastic! And not only was shipping slow, I felt like he wasn't being honest about it. He said my initial emails were getting lost in his spam folder (and that's why he ignored me for two weeks); not sure I believe him, although it's possible.

So you got the 17" Euro? or the 21" Euro GT? Seems to be a lack of options otherwise for real wind protection.

AlanDog
November 8th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I got the 17" Euro. I know, 17" sounds tall, but I think that is the entire length of the plastic, down to the bottom edge that bolts on... I would guess the height past the handlebars is less than 12"... I'd have to measure...

Guoseph
November 8th, 2011, 06:16 PM
I got the 17" Euro. I know, 17" sounds tall, but I think that is the entire length of the plastic, down to the bottom edge that bolts on... I would guess the height past the handlebars is less than 12"... I'd have to measure...

Thanks, I think I might go for the 21" Euro GT then. I know it's slow and whatnot, but like I said before, not like there's a lot of choice out there.

AlanDog
November 8th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Yea, that's what I would have done if I had known...

I just measured the height of my Euro windshield from the top of the windshield down to the top of the handlebars (at the 90 degree bend just above the fork tube) = 10 inches.

Jninja
November 10th, 2011, 03:58 PM
So the Mike shields finally came in.1st i would like to say that I'm not sure if anything can be done to make the front view of the pregen look really good without a new front faring. So i prefer the black windscreen a little better than smoke so i used 800 grit paper and wet sanded the inside and painted it black with plastic paint. I could not find a yellow Kawasaki sticker so i had to go with white, still looks OK. I'm still getting use to the new look but from sitting on the bike it looks great.I haven't been able to ride it yet but will let you guy's know how the wind is affected. I will also say that since i got a new helmet.
( scorpion) exo700 the wind no longer bothers me at all at any speed now.:thumbup:

Jono
November 10th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Wow! It looks good! I might consider getting one of these. Let us know how the wind is effected.

AlanDog
November 10th, 2011, 07:25 PM
http://modmy250.com/meetpix/index.php?cmd=image&sfpg=Km1lZXQ4LTYtMDI5Ny5qcGcqMTE5N2YxZTUyYTE0NmM4ODUyOWJmMDgwMTU0MDFjYTU

http://modmy250.com/meetpix/index.php?cmd=image&sfpg=Km1lZXQ4LTYtMDMwNi5qcGcqMDE3MDAxNWM0OWRmZWViZjVhNWI0MGU4Y2ZhOWQ5ZDU

choneofakind
November 10th, 2011, 09:31 PM
That does look great!! Hit up CThunder-blue or kevins_garage for vinyls. I'm sure both of them could work something up for you in the right color and font for a fair price.

Both are great guys. Kevin is very professional in his business, plus his vinyls look great on my bike. I haven't done business with Tri, but he's been great with helping me out with some questions I had on installing/wiring HID's. Both really stand-up guys that do a great job at what they do.

Jninja
November 10th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks man,I just hit his website up.I'm starting to really like the look, and it is a little bit thicker than stock so no movement out of this thing very stout.:thumbup:

bcole666
November 11th, 2011, 02:12 AM
the colour scheme looks really really sharp!
painting the screen black was a good idea :thumbup:

Guoseph
November 11th, 2011, 06:07 PM
http://modmy250.com/meetpix/index.php?cmd=image&sfpg=Km1lZXQ4LTYtMDI5Ny5qcGcqMTE5N2YxZTUyYTE0NmM4ODUyOWJmMDgwMTU0MDFjYTU

http://modmy250.com/meetpix/index.php?cmd=image&sfpg=Km1lZXQ4LTYtMDMwNi5qcGcqMDE3MDAxNWM0OWRmZWViZjVhNWI0MGU4Y2ZhOWQ5ZDU

Looks good! I assume this is the regular Euro you talked about? Is it mounted with velcro and a large rubberband? :eek:

AlanDog
November 11th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Looks good! I assume this is the regular Euro you talked about? Is it mounted with velcro and a large rubberband? :eek:

LOL. Yeah, I'm not too particular about looks, I guess. Actually, I keep my spare helmet visor attached to the inside of the windshield with a small red bungee cord (now if I had a blue bungee cord I'd be stylin but apparently I don't care enough to find one).

I had to think about why I put electrical tape on the bottom of the windshield--it's because I was getting the headlight tunneling glare up the plastic at night--so its another design flaw of the windshield but it's easy to work around, you just need to block off the bottom of the plastic (could have done a prettier job, but... I didn't).

Yes, that's the regular Euro, the 17" model (that is actually 10" tall from the handlebars)....

TonyKZ1
November 15th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I had both the Euro 17" and the previous 17" tall and wide screen from him. I destroyed the Euro in a wreck a few years ago. While I was rebuilding my bike I tried contacting him via email and im to buy another one but he never returned any of my emails nor instant messages so I finally I quit trying to contact him and just bought a zero gravity double bubble windscreen. Kinda sad in a way, cause I really liked the 17" Euro model.
Tony