View Full Version : Bigger bike wheel LED's.

Mr.E
October 6th, 2011, 06:36 AM
So Im looking into wheel lights because personally I think they look pretty cool. Sure, I know they're mainly for bigger bikes, but I like to spoil my baby. Anywho, upon searching for youtube videos, I saw this. Very squidy, I know, but look at the bikes! I dont care much for the blink mode, thats just asking to get pulled over by cops, but all solidly lit up... :drool:
Personally, I love the purple look in this vid.
AEw7Dq7rVig

On another note, any one have something similar to this on their bike? I know we have a few LED fanatics out. Any wheel light fanatics?

dubojr1
October 12th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I think two "#1 squid awards" are in order here... :der:

Live2ride
October 12th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I hope you realize that in nearly all states those would be illegal...on a side not, it seems that they require you to wear khaki shorts and a t-shirt in order for them to work. :rolleyes:

massacremasses
October 12th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I like em!

but yeah thats deff illegal everywhere.. haha

choneofakind
October 12th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Would they be legal in a color besides red/blue? I wouldn't do that to my bike, but that looks pretty cool in an a ricer/tuner kind of way. It might work better with chrome rims

*edit.*

I don't like the flashing.

*/edit*

massacremasses
October 12th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Would they be legal in a color besides red/blue? I wouldn't do that to my bike, but that looks pretty cool in an a ricer/tuner kind of way. It might work better with chrome rims.

depends on the state I would imagine. In CA all are illegal. Not sure other states.

probably would work better with chrome as they have reflective properties more so then a matte or even gloss black.

Mr.E
October 12th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Arent there plenty of ninjas with LED's under? I know white, red, and blue are. Sadly. But what about just wheel lights? Something like this: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/70/37243/ITEM/Street-FX-Hex-Wheel-Lights.aspx?SiteID=SLI%7CWheel%20Lights&WT.MC_ID=10010

massacremasses
October 12th, 2011, 12:59 PM
any lights are illegal here. FL is less strict though... you might be able to....

kaiserz
October 12th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Arent there plenty of ninjas with LED's under? I know white, red, and blue are. Sadly. But what about just wheel lights? Something like this: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/70/37243/ITEM/Street-FX-Hex-Wheel-Lights.aspx?SiteID=SLI%7CWheel%20Lights&WT.MC_ID=10010

Don't...(At high speeds) that will mess-up your valve nipple.

massacremasses
October 13th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Don't...(At high speeds) that will mess-up your valve nipple.

what are alternatives?

Mr.E
October 13th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Ive seen a few led strips that were battery powered... but im not sure. they look rather.... uhh... idk? tacky? Not sure how they look in day on an actual bike though

kaiserz
October 13th, 2011, 10:03 AM
what are alternatives?

I'm gonna look into it. I saw this "bell" bicycle rim lights that you get from wallmart, maybe we can velcro it to the rim or something.

And I like this idea for visibility purposes :thumbup:

massacremasses
October 13th, 2011, 10:20 AM
word. keep us posted.

Kevin2109
October 13th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Please do, Ive been looking inot this for a while. I still have a couple ideas in mind but everything seems to be a pita

greg737
October 13th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Wow, that's some real squid action there.

toofast
October 13th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Wow, that's some real squid action there.

+1

Tron the squid says, "It so important to draw attention to yourself"

Malicious Logic
October 13th, 2011, 07:14 PM
+1

Tron the squid says, "It so important to draw attention to yourself"

Yeah, because the whole cars NOT paying attention to bikers is really workin' out....anyways, I like the concept.

massacremasses
October 13th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I assumed he meant the riders in the video....

Malicious Logic
October 13th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Ya, just figured it was humorous since drawing attention to yourself isn't always necessarily a bad thing on a motorcycle....even if it is squids showin' off.

toofast
October 15th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Ya, just figured it was humorous since drawing attention to yourself isn't always necessarily a bad thing on a motorcycle....even if it is squids showin' off.

So you really think that the people that do these wannabe Fast And The Furious LED's are doing it for safety?

I don't think they are drawing attention for that, personally, especially since some of these guys talk about safety as they also post about drinking underage, smoking pot, getting multiple speeding tickets in a month, laying down their bikes and friends bikes multiple times in a month, post videos of crazy lane splitting and ridiculous speeds.

Some of the biggest "squids" lecture the most and tell others all about safety and how everyone else is unsafe and what they need to do to be safer and show off all this gear to be safe as they squid it out on the roads.

But hey....get those Tron LED's up for safety, it may save your life as you split lanes at 100 mph!

Kevin2109
October 15th, 2011, 09:40 AM
To all his own... I see nothing wrong with having LEDs, its one of the safer things that squids do

massacremasses
October 15th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I think they look cool.

But hey I guess I'm just a ****ing "squid"

Geezus you guys are so ****ing judgemental. LEDs mean you're a squid. He went 5 MPH over the speed limit that ****ing squid. Holy **** I'm so tired of that word thrown around
Posted via Mobile Device

Kevin2109
October 15th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I think they look cool.

Geezus you guys are so ****ing judgemental. LEDs mean you're a squid. He went 5 MPH over the speed limit that ****ing squid. Holy **** I'm so tired of that word thrown around
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you :thumbup:

Malicious Logic
October 15th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I think they look cool.

Posted via Mobile Device

Ya, I totally agree.

And I didn't say that they're using them for safety, but like Kevin said, its one of the safer things they do.
Posted via Mobile Device

massacremasses
October 15th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Granted those guys are morons but putting lights on your bike doesn't make you one. And I see where Kevin gets the "safety" thing because you can see a jackass coming from far away with bright ass purple lights lol
Posted via Mobile Device

caps
October 15th, 2011, 11:06 AM
any lights are illegal here. FL is less strict though... you might be able to....

Only red and blue are illegal, and they have to be viewable from the direct front or rear :)

massacremasses
October 15th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah that's cool. Wish it was like that here.
Posted via Mobile Device