View Full Version : Crashed

sd003
October 8th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Put about 5000 miles on the 250 before the inevitable happened. Took a right hand turn on my daily commute to work and noticed a bit too late that there was gravel spilled across the entire second half of the turn in the shadow. Tried to adjust my line and get the bike upright before I hit it but it was too late. Lowsided at about 20mph and slid to a stop before going into a car making a left hand turn. Full leathers= A* Jacket, A* A-10 textile/leather pants, SMX-5 boots. Gear did its job and i ended up without a scratch or bruise on me. Picked up the bike and made it to work in time to clock in. Ironically I work in an Emergency Department which is where I would probably be if I didn't have the gear on. Ordered up a new mirror, brake lever, and turn signal so I should be good to go other than the cosmetic damage.

randy328
October 8th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Glad you are OK. Gear does its job. I never ride without it (I still ride the street, too).

ally99
October 9th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Sucks dude. Happens to most of us. GLad you and the bike are ok!

koenigcitizen
October 9th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Good to hear you made out without a scratch! Be safe!

akima
October 9th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Was it really "inevitable"?

Do you think you could have done something differently to avoid the crash?

Glad you're ok. Hope you've got the money to buy the replacement stuff you need to get riding again. :)

Indy250r
October 9th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Sorry to hear you crashed. Congrats on being smart enough wear gear.

ninjagaiden09
October 9th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Sorry to hear that. I'm glad you and your bike is OK

leed
October 9th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Was it really "inevitable"?

I think he was just emphasizing the notion that everyone goes down at one point or another.

Regardless, glad you're all good!

sd003
October 10th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Yeah just saying that I would inevitably do something stupid not that the crash wasn't preventable. Can think of a lot of factors that went into it:
-Tired from waking up early for my 3rd 12 hour shift
-Not looking far enough ahead to spot the road condition before it was too late
-Rushing to work to avoid being late
and the list goes on
Was definitely a good reminder to pay attention. Thanks for the support. Have been looking at new color schemes to paint the bike