View Full Version : DIY shorty lever!

Socal5646
October 16th, 2011, 03:11 PM
WAIT ALEX! :D

This belongs here! :).

Anyways after "mastering" :rolleyes: the Ca DMV "circle of death" this morning...decided to make sure I was able to complete the entire test 3 times in a row...AND on the third go (admitidly i wasntconcentrating like i should have been)I drop it! AGAIN! Granted this is why I got this bike (to learn) but this is getting ridiculous! Well it floods....AGAIN...this time with a full tank! I had to drain the carbs 3 times for it to run again! The Mcgyver in me used the toolkit case to catch the gas....amazing I couldn't find a single can on the side of the road...

So this makes drop no 5

1 walking it and smoking with r hand

2 walking it and smoking with l hand
(note to self...don't smoke on bike :rolleyes:)

3 adjusting mirror low/no speed

4 when I first got the bike (knowing nothing about motorcycles...learned to ride on youtube and got this bike0 from a lady that had it sitting). She swears to me up and down that the bike is meant to be run with half choke on and should idle at 4k....lol...not knowing any better I say ok and start practicing take offs at 6k rpm THE VERY FIRST TIME EVER TOUCHING A BIKE! Karma is gonna get that bitch! lol :thumbup:

5 this time! So far the only damage has been scuffs on my levers, bar ends and mirrors! Not a scratch anywhere else! Today was different! Got myself a free shorty lever out of it! :D. (ordered replacements already)

Gonna have to get this "learning" bike thing out of my head...I admit I've been a little flippant about dropping it...:o

Alex
October 27th, 2011, 09:10 PM
WAIT ALEX! :D

This belongs here! :).

:p

Lil_Green_Demon
October 27th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Take the MSF

Jiggles
October 27th, 2011, 09:35 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/new-motorcycle-fail.jpg

Socal5646
October 27th, 2011, 09:41 PM
No MSF for me...just passed the ca DMV test last week. Not bad for only riding a month! Not a school/classroom type...

Jiggles
October 27th, 2011, 09:44 PM
No MSF for me...just passed the ca DMV test last week. Not bad for only riding a month! Not a school/classroom type...

I would call dropping your bike 5 times in one month bad

Socal5646
October 27th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Lol...considering what I paid for this bike....it's serving it's purpose just fine....MSF would only have prevented drop no 4...

Trailerboy531
October 27th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Regardless of whether or not you passed the california test the things you learn at the MSF are invaluable. Nobody likes the damn classroom it's boring as hell, but if they tell you one simple thing that saves your a$$ one day then your money and time were extremely well spent, weren't they? Do you ever want to be kicking yourself in a hospital bed (which could be considered lucky) wishing you had taken the course and had the knowledge you could have used to protect yourself?

Take. The. MSF.

Jiggles
October 27th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Gonna have to get this "learning" bike thing out of my head...I admit I've been a little flippant about dropping it...:o

I was just going to say you seem to be missing a fundamental respect for your bike, but then you edited your post :rolleyes:

Socal5646
October 28th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks...

Trailerboy531
October 28th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Watching out for you man; I've visited enough riders in the hospital this year.

Havok
October 28th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Regardless of whether or not you passed the california test the things you learn at the MSF are invaluable. Nobody likes the damn classroom it's boring as hell, but if they tell you one simple thing that saves your a$$ one day then your money and time were extremely well spent, weren't they? Do you ever want to be kicking yourself in a hospital bed (which could be considered lucky) wishing you had taken the course and had the knowledge you could have used to protect yourself?

Take. The. MSF.

What he said! The msf is not just a way out of the ca lolipop of doom test. It is a course that makes you a better rider. While you may have dropped your bike at low speeds now, what the msf teaches you will help prevent you from dropping it at higher speeds and in traffic! It pays for itself with the insurance reduction and it's not all lame classroom crap.

To not take the class because you have your MC license or hate classrooms is rather silly.

akima
October 28th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Careful John! These things aren't bicycles!

lol @ drop number 1 and 2... what were you thinking?!!

Socal5646
October 28th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Lol...it's says right there in the op "no more smoking on bike!"

Socal5646
October 28th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Don't get me wrong...I'm not against the MSF...it's just not for me.

My commute is <2 mi a day and I rarely get out of 4th gear!:cool:

I've put nearly 1000mi on the bike in the last month. I think the DMV circle is a great measure of one's ability to ride a motorcycle because it requires you to use most/all of the motorcycles controls instinctively. Once you're able to do that...it's the same laws of traffic as driving a car! Drive defensively!

Half the people who are first to post about the MSF then go on to post about how "they almost scraped their knee" or want to do wheelies and make their bike indestructable...lol Does the MSF cover that as well? :D

I'm just the type of guy who can learn things just by doing. Counter-balancing/steering, looking through turns, using my rear brake at low speeds...figured all those out before I even knew there were terms for them!

Not saying that I'm the greatest rider in the world....actually I KNOW I have lots to learn. But for an average RESPONSIBLE rider, using his bike for commuting...I think I got it covered.

Guoseph
October 28th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I'm not one to preach about classes, but crossing my fingers that your instincts will teach you maximum threshold braking, emergency swerving, and riding over obstacles. These are three skills among many others that are required for city street riding, regardless of the speed at which you travel.

P.S. The DMV motorcycle test doesn't prepare one for real life motorcycle riding skills just like the DMV car driving test doesn't really prepare one to be a competent driver.

Lil_Green_Demon
October 28th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Socal5646, I'm going to assume you're just being cheap when saying you don't want to take the MSF.
How is your commute <2 mi per day, yet you've put 1,000 miles on the bike in a month?
Look, man, I'm the nicest dude you could possibly EVER meet, but I just want to say that I honestly hope you never come to any of our SoCal Tech Days. I'm sure you're a good guy & you'll probably get along with us in person, but I'd rather not worry that you'll crash into one of us when we're out on a group ride.

Btw, you're making it sound as though people who take the MSF course are the people who do stupid stunts on the street. MSF =/= Squid. Squids come from all sorts of mannerisms, & right about now, your thought patterns are representative of that of a squid.
Just ride safely. I hope one day you'll change your mind about the MSF.

Lil_Green_Demon
October 28th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Don't get me wrong...I'm not against the MSF...it's just not for me.

My commute is <2 mi a day and I rarely get out of 4th gear!:cool:

I've put nearly 1000mi on the bike in the last month.

If I'm doing my math correctly, you've put roughly 33.3 miles per day on the bike if you put 1,000 miles in one month on it. Again, if my math is correct, that's a 31.3 mile difference compared to what you CLAIM you ride everyday.
How can everyone who has posted in this thread so far be wrong about the MSF benefitting you greatly?
How old are you, btw?
With your way of thinking, why even bother to start small? Apparently, you don't need the riding practice. You should've just started on a Hayabusa, man. At least then we all would've understood why the MSF is pointless in your opinion.

Socal5646
October 28th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I'm not one to preach about classes, but crossing my fingers that your instincts will teach you maximum threshold braking, emergency swerving, and riding over obstacles. These are three skills among many others that are required for city street riding, regardless of the speed at which you travel.

P.S. The DMV motorcycle test doesn't prepare one for real life motorcycle riding skills just like the DMV car driving test doesn't really prepare one to be a competent driver.

I can honestly say I do not know what number 1 is. If it's something like the time I had to stop at a red light but was moving too fast and felt my wheels locking up so I pumped them and eventually came to a stop? Then yes! Emergency swerving meaning when to brake and swerve and when to acclerate and swerve? Then yes! Riding over obstacles? Well if you count railroad tracks, speed bumps and all the damn holes/bumps in the roads in LA then....yes again!

P.S. I agree with your P.S. But as my OP stated, driving a car does prepare you for the laws of traffic (which are the same for a bike). And the DMV test ensures you can control the bike properly!

Socal5646, I'm going to assume you're just being cheap when saying you don't want to take the MSF.
How is your commute <2 mi per day, yet you've put 1,000 miles on the bike in a month?
Look, man, I'm the nicest dude you could possibly EVER meet, but I just want to say that I honestly hope you never come to any of our SoCal Tech Days. I'm sure you're a good guy & you'll probably get along with us in person, but I'd rather not worry that you'll crash into one of us when we're out on a group ride.

Btw, you're making it sound as though people who take the MSF course are the people who do stupid stunts on the street. MSF =/= Squid. Squids come from all sorts of mannerisms, & right about now, your thought patterns are representative of that of a squid.

Too cheap to pay $250 when I throw around a $2k bike like a bmx? LOL Aren't you the one that went down after work in a parking garage during a little "spirited" riding? LOL That's exactly the kind of irresponsable riding I was talking about :rolleyes:

Trailerboy531
October 28th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Firstly the MSF would teach you to NEVER brake in a swerve, which you apparently know when to do. Secondly they teach you how to look for obstacles and see things that you might not normally see as a problem at all as potential threats. We're not trying to gang up on you because we're assholes, we're trying to keep you a safe and happy rider man. This course is worth it even though school sucks.

and no, Umar didn't dump his bike in a parking lot. If you're going to make a very specific claim like that it's generally a good idea to do your research to be sure.

Lil_Green_Demon
October 28th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Too cheap to pay $250 when I throw around a $2k bike like a bmx? LOL Aren't you the one that went down after work in a parking garage during a little "spirited" riding? LOL That's exactly the kind of irresponsable riding I was talking about :rolleyes:

I don't even know WTF you're talking about. My ONLY crash was a hit-and-run done by a cager.
You're getting too defensive, homey. Don't throw around assumptions because you come off looking like an @$$.
Stay up & ride safely.

Socal5646
October 28th, 2011, 07:30 PM
If I'm doing my math correctly, you've put roughly 33.3 miles per day on the bike if you put 1,000 miles in one month on it. Again, if my math is correct, that's a 31.3 mile difference compared to what you CLAIM you ride everyday.
How can everyone who has posted in this thread so far be wrong about the MSF benefitting you greatly?
How old are you, btw?
With your way of thinking, why even bother to start small? Apparently, you don't need the riding practice. You should've just started on a Hayabusa, man. At least then we all would've understood why the MSF is pointless in your opinion.

Not that it's any of your business, but since you're soooooo interested. My office is <1 miles from my house. I just started riding last month and have spent a couple weekends getting to know her.

I'm a lot older than you....a lot more married than you....and have more kids than you as well. As for the Hayabusa comment...for a rider like me....yeah I could probably move up to one if I wanted to. Let me explain before you wet your pants....

Example:

In my home in Miami I drive a Porsche Cayman S. It has a top speed of 180. I've never taken it over 95. Should I go and sell it because I don't use it to it's maximum potential? Is being a racecar driver a prerequisite to buying a high performance sports car? ......exactly

Now if I WERE to get your recommended Hayabusa....I probably wouldn't get it out of 3rd gear! Does that mean I can't ride it? It's called being a responsable adult. Something you'll understand when you get the above mentiioned wife and kids.

Socal5646
October 28th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I don't even know WTF you're talking about. My ONLY crash was a hit-and-run done by a cager.
You're getting too defensive, homey. Don't throw around assumptions because you come off looking like an @$$.
Stay up & ride safely.

you're right...my mistake. You're the cry baby that was complaining about someone picking on you and messing with your bike at the tech day? Did I get it right this time?:D

Socal5646
October 28th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Firstly the MSF would teach you to NEVER brake in a swerve, which you apparently know when to do. Secondly they teach you how to look for obstacles and see things that you might not normally see as a problem at all as potential threats. We're not trying to gang up on you because we're assholes, we're trying to keep you a safe and happy rider man. This course is worth it even though school sucks.

and no, Umar didn't dump his bike in a parking lot. If you're going to make a very specific claim like that it's generally a good idea to do your research to be sure.

OK...brake THEN swerve? Happy? And if you tell me you should always swerve first and never brake before when getting out of a situation....I say you're nuts!

Lil_Green_Demon
October 28th, 2011, 07:42 PM
you're right...my mistake. You're the cry baby that was complaining about someone picking on you and messing with your bike at the tech day? Did I get it right this time?:D

Link please. I don't recall ever crying about someone picking on me at a Tech Day. You seriously need to get your facts straight.
You're older than me, yet you're a child. You are trying SOOOO hard to offend me. :lol: It's not working. Clearly, what I've been saying is getting under your skin. Have fun riding. Just be sure your kids and wife don't end up burying you the 6th time you drop your bike.
BTW, I love the Porsche Cayman. I guess now you can see me as the dude who cried because you own a Porsche & a Ninja 250R. :rolleyes:

Trailerboy531
October 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Ideally there's time to brake then swerve but things don't always work out that way. We just want you to spend as much time with your wife and kids as possible man and if the MSF course can buy you that, then why not? I'm sure it'd make them all feel more easy anyway, it certainly would make your insurance company feel better.

None of us want to crash, we all try to better ourselves as riders but sometimes stuff just happens. The little extra education does not hurt. Plus you could meet future riding buddies.

As for what Umar said earlier about tech days I entirely disagree. I hope you DO come out to hang out with us. We all benefit from one another in some way or another and enjoy meeting new people. Go home to Florida and bring that Cayman S by :cool:

Socal5646
October 28th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Ideally there's time to brake then swerve but things don't always work out that way. We just want you to spend as much time with your wife and kids as possible man and if the MSF course can buy you that, then why not? I'm sure it'd make them all feel more easy anyway, it certainly would make your insurance company feel better.

None of us want to crash, we all try to better ourselves as riders but sometimes stuff just happens. The little extra education does not hurt. Plus you could meet future riding buddies.

As for what Umar said earlier about tech days I entirely disagree. I hope you DO come out to hang out with us. We all benefit from one another in some way or another and enjoy meeting new people. Go home to Florida and bring that Cayman S by :cool:

Like I mentioned above....I know what the "general message" is here...don't get me wrong...you guys want me to ride safe. Unfortunately this thread has turned into something else!

Regardless....to end the thread

- got new levers
- still not taking MSF
- understand all of you guys are trying to help

P.S. If I didn't go back to Miami so often...it would have been here when I got here in February. Picked up an E Class when I first got here and am regretting it everyday ;) Good thing I have the ninja to keep me occupied!:thumbup:

Alex
October 28th, 2011, 08:10 PM
All is well here folks, and even while some might seem to be at odds, everyone has the same goals. The OP wants to enjoy riding and doesn't want to crash, and we all want the same for us and him.

If MSF isn't in your future, at the very least consider some of the riding skills books as recommended within this sticky thread (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13547). While motorcycle riding isn't rocket science, there are nuances that are unintuitive, especially as speeds ramp up. Many, many new riders think "I got this" right before harming themselves severely. Threads like this (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89591) are unfortunately much too common.

MSF is no panacea, and by no means does it inoculate anyone from going out and hurting themselves right after. But not picking up the skills that one can learn in MSF, puts someone in an even more compromised position to work themselves out of.

My advice? Find a riding mentor. Take street riding seriously to the extent that doing it wrong can have very permanent consequences. Ask any questions that pop up to the folks here and anywhere else you can find people you trust.

This *is* different than driving a car quickly. This *is* different then recreational sports out away from others on the water or on the slopes. The first 10,000 miles are a very dangerous time, and shouldn't be taken lightly. All of this doesn't alter the fact that the reason we are all into this is that it can be incredibly rewarding and fun. :thumbup:

Havok
October 28th, 2011, 08:34 PM

Then feel free to stay home next time. Our tech days have no requirements, I do not feel as if a person just because they have not taken the msf is unsafe to ride with and to say that is pretty ****ing dumb. We welcome all to our tech days and our group meets. hell we usually don't have group rides at tech days. We love meeting new people and adding new riders/friends to out little ninjette family.

John, You are more then welcome to come to any tech day or meet up we have, you will be welcomed by all and i am sure you would have a good time. While i disagree with not taking the msf i can respect the fact that it is your choice. While i may try and convince you to take it, i would never bash you or anyone over a decision that is yours to make.

umar do not ever even think about making any rider unwelcome at any of our meet ups. That is not what we do or how we do it. You do not speak for all of us. If you choose not to go based on if someone has or has not taken the msf that is your decision.

Socal5646
October 28th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I'm sure he was just being dramatic...thanks for the invite :thumbup:

Lil_Green_Demon
October 28th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Damn, Jeff. You took this too seriously. Relax, buddy. I've got no beef with this dude. :lol: I was just trying to put emphasis on the MSF situation.

P.S: Jeff, where the f*ck in my post do you see me speaking for EVERYONE? I said, "I." Nowhere in that post did I say, "We."
Read next time.

Havok
October 28th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Damn, Jeff. You took this too seriously. Relax, buddy. I've got no beef with this dude. :lol: I was just trying to put emphasis on the MSF situation.

P.S: Jeff, where the f*ck in my post do you see me speaking for EVERYONE? I said, "I." Nowhere in that post did I say, "We."
Read next time.

I read it perfectly fine, Try the part that is in bold and you said "OUR" tech day. In any event that is semantics and if you want to argue them then be my guest i wont fall into that.

The point i was making is that with what you posted you could have made him feel unwelcome at one of our meets and that wont be tolerated. You want to put emphasis on the msf feel free to do so, Making statements about the socal meet ups, Keep it to yourself.

alex.s
October 28th, 2011, 09:15 PM
hey dude. sorry about your crashes. the msf and advanced msf are great classes and teach you a lot of things you normally wouldn't think about. there are some great books out there that i can give you if you can't afford them. they are invaluable for gaining skills. let me know if you want them, i have a video of twist of the wrist 2 if you want it also.

Kevin2109
October 28th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Sorry, I Re-read the thread. Now this whole thing actually makes sense :)

Mocha Man
October 28th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I'm thinking the MSF course may have been useful... :P Just joking around

Jiggles
October 28th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Half the people who are first to post about the MSF then go on to post about how "they almost scraped their knee" or want to do wheelies and make their bike indestructable...lol Does the MSF cover that as well? :D

I think you would benefit from an indestructible bike :D

rusninja
October 28th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I can honestly say I do not know what number 1 is. If it's something like the time I had to stop at a red light but was moving too fast and felt my wheels locking up so I pumped them and eventually came to a stop? Then yes! Emergency swerving meaning when to brake and swerve and when to acclerate and swerve? Then yes! Riding over obstacles? Well if you count railroad tracks, speed bumps and all the damn holes/bumps in the roads in LA then....yes again!

P.S. I agree with your P.S. But as my OP stated, driving a car does prepare you for the laws of traffic (which are the same for a bike). And the DMV test ensures you can control the bike properly!

Not like you have a choice right. :p

Trailerboy531
October 28th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Also, post in the donated gear and parts thread. Somebody will have a replacement lever for you i'm sure, there are a lot of nice and giving people on this board :thumbup:

On an unrelated note... I'm curious as to why you don't like your E class. I haven't heard that many bad things about them, they look nice? :noidea:

Kevin2109
October 29th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Socal5646,

Umar your aggravating me. My commute is under 2 miles also, and Ive put 2000 miles on the 636 in a month (yesterday was our one month anniversary, aww) Calculate that

Actually! He dropped his bike in a parking lot... on a GSXR...

John, You are more then welcome to come to any tech day or meet up we have, you will be welcomed by all and i am sure you would have a good time. While i disagree with not taking the msf i can respect the fact that it is your choice. While i may try and convince you to take it, i would never bash you or anyone over a decision that is yours to make.

I agree! Come on out! Its great to see new faces and meet new riders. We all like to just have fun, work and bikes, and talk about random BS

Also, post in the donated gear and parts thread. Somebody will have a replacement lever for you i'm sure, there are a lot of nice and giving people on this board :thumbup:

On an unrelated note... I'm curious as to why you don't like your E class. I haven't heard that many bad things about them, they look nice? :noidea:

Shoot ken a PM (cant remember his screen name) I know a couple people left levers at his house on the tech day last week

Lil_Green_Demon
October 29th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Umar your aggravating me. My commute is under 2 miles also, and Ive put 2000 miles on the 636 in a month (yesterday was our one month anniversary, aww) Calculate that
I assumed he was justifying not taking the MSF by saying he didn't ride enough since his commute is <2 miles. That's why I went out of my way to make sure he understood he contradicted himself in the post.
Actually! He dropped his bike in a parking lot... on a GSXR...
Relevance? I didn't drop it ON the GSXR. It landed next to it when I accidentally got off the bike thinking I put my kick stand down. If we're going to discuss irrelevant crashes, how about we talk about you dumping your bike after a bike meet or you rear ending a lady because you were following too closely? ;) Two can play this game, homeboy.
Shoot ken a PM (cant remember his screen name) I know a couple people left levers at his house on the tech day last week
The funny thing is that I'm the one who left behind the levers. If they're still available, I don't mind Ken giving them to the OP.
I like how you guys are suddenly ganging up on me. Seems like I struck a nerve by trying to tell this guy bluntly that the MSF will help him quite a lot.
I also sent him a PM saying that I didn't mean to offend him, but I still disagree with his decision to not take the MSF; however, in the end, it's HIS decision to make & whether or not I respect said decision shouldn't affect him as a rider.
You guys are hilarious. I love all the sh*t talking you're all doing, trying to defend this OP like you all already know him. :lol: Whatever.

Lil_Green_Demon
October 29th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Also, kevin, I like the little ninja edit you did. Apparently, finding out where the OP is located so you can slap him isn't something you honestly wanted to try. I guess you saw that your post was somewhat similar to what I was trying to say, but God forbid you agree with me, right? If one of you dudes is sh*t talking, the rest MUST hop into the fray, right? :rolleyes:

choneofakind
October 29th, 2011, 10:38 AM
5 this time! So far the only damage has been scuffs on my levers, bar ends and mirrors! Not a scratch anywhere else! Today was different! Got myself a free shorty lever out of it! :D. (ordered replacements already)

Yeah when my dad dropped mine in the driveway, my brake lever got bent in a little. I only use 2 fingers on the brakes anyways, so i keep my "shorty" lever as a reminder to be careful with the bike. "shorty" brake lever works just great for me :D

Lil_Green_Demon
October 29th, 2011, 10:45 AM
BTW, you guys can talk all the sh*t you want to. I didn't mean to come off aggressively. Some of you have met me in person & know that I'm genuinely a nice guy.
I'll still be coming out to future Tech Days & hopefully this stupid @$$ debate won't affect our interactions in the near future.
Stay safe and keep the shiny side up.

Kevin2109
October 29th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Relevance? I didn't drop it ON the GSXR. It landed next to it when I accidentally got off the bike thinking I put my kick stand down. If we're going to discuss irrelevant crashes, how about we talk about you dumping your bike after a bike meet or you rear ending a lady because you were following too closely? ;) Two can play this game, homeboy.

**** happens and Ive learned from my mistakes. I'm still a much better rider then you sir :rolleyes:

You asked for it homeboy: You aggravate people because you just want free ****. Like the levers, you offered no money to gurk, or anything. Then you ****ing bitched about putting them on and pretty much made everyone else do it. I'm all for showing people how to work on their bike, hell I'll even work on their bike all day long if I feel like they deserve it. You constantly ask KC to work on your bike and dont give him **** (dont say you do) KC is too nice of a guy to say anything, dont take advantage of nice people. He broke a $20 dremel bit working on your bike dude.

See you at the next tech day :thumbup:

This post isnt to talk ****, its to get you to realize why everyone gets mad at you dude. Most people wont tell you how it is, and how they feel. I just did

Lil_Green_Demon
October 29th, 2011, 11:12 AM
**** happens and Ive learned from my mistakes. I'm still a much better rider then you sir :rolleyes:
You asked for it homeboy: You aggravate people because you just want free ****. Like the levers, you offered no money to gurk, or anything. Then you ****ing bitched about putting them on and pretty much made everyone else do it. I'm all for showing people how to work on their bike, hell I'll even work on their bike all day long if I feel like they deserve it. You constantly ask KC to work on your bike and dont give him **** (dont say you do) KC is too nice of a guy to say anything, dont take advantage of nice people. He broke a $20 dremel bit working on your bike dude.
See you at the next tech day :thumbup:
This post isnt to talk ****, its to get you to realize why everyone gets mad at you dude. Most people wont tell you how it is, and how they feel. I just did

Oooh... Sh*t just got real, huh? :lol:
I offered to buy KC a dremel, he refused. If he still feels wronged, he has my phone # & can ask me to buy him one.
Gurk offered me the levers on his own. You can ask him yourself. I was just having a convo with him & he told me he ordered some shorty levers & if I want them, I can have them. I asked if he is sure he didn't want cash for them & he said he was sure.
As for getting help to install the levers, when was I b*tching? I DIDN'T even ONCE say, "Ugh! Idk how to do this. Can someone help me please?" :rolleyes: Dustin offered on his own. I was attempting to do it myself & he noticed I sucked at it so he offered.
I didn't know you guys felt this way. I don't mean to come off as someone who is only hanging out for his own benefit. I was genuinely interested in hanging out with you guys & learning whatever you can teach me. I guess now that I know there's a problem between us, I know better.
Have a nice life, bro. :thumbup:

Lil_Green_Demon
October 29th, 2011, 11:17 AM
There's two sides to every story. Instead of unleashing your false .02 cents about how you THINK I am on a public forum, you could've texted me and told me what's up. I didn't know you all felt like I was a free-loader. I'm not one. In fact, if you had actually gotten to know me better instead of jumping to various conclusions about the type of person you think I am, you would know my heart and mind were in the right place all long.

Alex
October 30th, 2011, 07:56 AM
/closed at OP's request.