csmith12
October 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
yea, an R6

nickjpass
October 19th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Pretty cool save :eyebrows:

alex.s
October 19th, 2011, 01:59 PM
i wouldnt call that a good save so much as a guy lucky he didnt highside himself... he chopped the throttle when his rear stepped out...

nickjpass
October 19th, 2011, 02:01 PM
i wouldnt call that a good save so much as a guy lucky he didnt highside himself... he chopped the throttle when his rear stepped out...

So he had nothing to do with it? Just got lucky?

csmith12
October 19th, 2011, 02:07 PM
he is all bound up too which didn't help

nickjpass
October 19th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I noticed his bad body position as well.

alex.s
October 19th, 2011, 02:09 PM
So he had nothing to do with it? Just got lucky?

im saying he caused it, and his actions after causing it did nothing to help his situation.

nickjpass
October 19th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Everyone crashes on that turn because they're showing off.

For example...

zyfiIxf29JQ

Another...

VkalHQ6eRVw

Malicious Logic
October 19th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Everyone crashes on that turn because they're showing off.

I've noticed this as well....

csmith12
October 19th, 2011, 02:25 PM
yea, human factors like showing off play a role.

He caused it by chopping the throttle mid corner and then getting back on it, which caused the slide. He was doing fine, should have just held his line, but something must have spooked him.

nickjpass
October 19th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Probably got distracted by the cameramen, not spooked.

alex.s
October 19th, 2011, 03:01 PM
it looks like he probably got in deeper than he's used to because he was distracted by the camera man... that spooked him and he started to roll off which slid his rear out because it pushed his weight to the front... then when he felt the rear slide out he really chopped it and it caught and almost highsided him... maybe

WhiteRice
October 19th, 2011, 03:04 PM
If you watch the slo mo you can see his rear lose traction as he rides over a large dark portion of road.

nickjpass
October 19th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Roads actually fine. It's near perfect. It's been studied because so many people crash on it. I think the black spot is just a coincidence.

sombo
October 19th, 2011, 07:49 PM
He even responded in that youtube thread. He claims and it does appear that it was the change in pavement that caused a change in traction. He did admit to bad body positioning that had he been better positioned he might have not lost grip on that change of pavement. Yes, even a patch like that can have a much different traction than the surrounding pavement and it can cause things like this.

nickjpass
October 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Maybe the study was done before the change in pavement was made? Anyway, his name is Nick as well!!! :D Did you know my full name is only Nick, and not Nicholas :eek:

dubojr1
October 20th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Where is this "Study" and what qualified person/company did it?

Jinx250
October 20th, 2011, 07:23 AM
If you listen to tthe sound, he didn't chop the throttle until after the rear stepped out. Before that he was pretty steady.

And as far as all the crashes there being caused by showing off, I can't speak to that. But I've watched a ton of videos of crashes there, and while there are certainly people causing there own crash, this guy is not one, and there are plenty where there is no discernable cause. I've ridden through there plenty of times during non-traffic hours and gotten through that turn just fine in both directions. And I can attest to the fact that the pavement there is FAR from perfect.

Alex
October 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
That isn't a particularly great part of that road, and that corner is dicey. The surface is not inherently great, and it often has a good bit of dust/debris/dirt mixed in as well. What is unique about that particular corner is it has such a good sightline for cameras, that's about it.