View Full Version : Teiz Leather Racing Suit - $299 new

gfloyd2002
October 22nd, 2011, 03:39 AM
If you haven't signed up for MotorcycleGroupBuys.com, I recommend you do. Decent quality stuff in arranged group buys. This week's group buy is a Teiz Leather Racing Suit (value $1000) for $299. Comes with Teiz gloves, too. Not the best suit out there, but probably the best one out there for less than $600.

For those of you not familiar with Teiz, they own factories to manufacture motorcycle gear for major manufacturers, but also do their own stuff. Teiz's owner (a nice guy from San Francisco) designs their stuff with input from riders and tries to beat the quality of the stuff he makes for the manufacturers.

http://www.motorcyclegroupbuys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/racing1.jpghttp://www.motorcyclegroupbuys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/racing22.jpg

nickjpass
October 22nd, 2011, 11:39 PM
:bump2: for people that need a suit and can save money by getting this one.

pilotgeorge747
October 24th, 2011, 10:35 PM
I'm semi-interested in this but can't seem to find any info on it on the manufactuers website or a quick Google search. Anyone know of any reviews for this suit?

alex.s
October 24th, 2011, 11:19 PM
i want to buy it... but waiting 20 days for the gb to finish plus 2 months for it to arrive is kinda a drag...

also kinda worried that it says 0 of 15 people have bought one

dk58
October 25th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I'm sharing the same concerns. Not sure if it's even legit

gfloyd2002
October 25th, 2011, 02:47 PM
If you have concerns but are potentially interested, talk to Teiz. Teiz and Motorcycle Group Buys are the same company -- they put out great quality product and are absolutely legit. More importantly, Teiz customer service is fantastic. Just throw an email at them and ask. Their owner is a cool guy.

The suit itself isn't part of Teiz' normal lineup - I'm not sure where they've sourced it, but I have a guess -- Teiz has two parts of their business, their personal line and their contract work for other manufacturers. I suspect this suit is offered by agreement with another manufacturer and similar to what the Teiz factory is putting out for them. Just a guess. Other option, since Teiz owns the factories, is that this is a first run of a new product by Teiz, and if that is the case, that would be super exciting. That would make sense with the long wait time after order -- sounds like this factory run is specifically to order.

Regardless, I do know that Teiz wouldn't put their name on it if it wasn't good quality. Seriously, though, put out an email to them if you have questions. You'll probably like the response you get.

bluepoof
October 25th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I don't know anything about the leather racing suit in particular, but I can vouch for Teiz as a company. I have their Revolution suit (their one-piece custom women's suit) and it's awesome.

Both the quality of Teiz products and of their customer service has been top-notch, IMO. Like Floyd said, shoot them an email with any questions and I'm sure they'll answer.

dk58
October 25th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I'm going to shoot them an email. I don't necessarily have the extra money, but this seems way nicer than the teknic alternative.

kaiserz
October 31st, 2011, 05:56 AM
<------------------ Big fan of tiez. customer service is top notch. and the quality is awesome. I'm thinking of getting this too but I just spent 800+ on one of their suit (Power shell) + a new shoei helmet... soooo yeahh... i have no money left XD

Meltoff
October 31st, 2011, 11:45 AM
So I have been very interested in this deal, and after doing a bit of digging I think I have found the answer to a few of my initial questions regarding the legitimacy of the deal. Straight from the Teiz website in their obctober newsletter:

"This week we also launched Motorcycle Group Buys with its first deal - a premium leather racing suit and matching gloves. Please help us spread the word about this site so we can continue to bring you great deals like this from other vendors as well. So please post these deals on your Twitter, Facebook and Google+ pages. " (http://www.teizms.com/news_reviews/newsletters/Oct_2011.html)

I was not aware that the Motorcycle Group Buys was such a new thing, and to see an official post on the Teiz website alleviates any concern I had that it wasn't legit.

Anyways I will hopefully be ordering one of these as soon as I can scrape together funds, and figure out sizing.

dk58
October 31st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Yes, I had emailed Teiz to address the same concerns. They were very helpful. I would like one, but it doesn't look like they'll get the 15 people