View Full Version : Came off my bike, with a strange ending...

dark_sparkles
October 27th, 2011, 05:34 AM
I was out practicing skills in a quiet industrial area about 10 mins away from my house. I'm still quite nervous so usually do 10km/hr less than the speed limit since i choose low traffic times to ride at the moment while i'm still learning.

Today after practicing, i felt really good as i had achieved so many skills that i had been struggling with previously. About 5 mins away from home, a hummer swerves across 2 lanes into my lane where i was doing approx 40km/hr as i was about to turn into a side street.

i swerved, lost control and hit the gutter, riding up and onto the grass while i knew i was about to go over the handlebars and then... i get flung to the right side?!

......This all happened in front of a milkbar (convenience store?), where a group of 6 very big Samoan guys were just leaving. Since i was doing such a low speed , 2 of the guys actually CAUGHT me as i started to come off the bike, but more amazingly, the other 4 guys caught my bike!!!

The only injury to anyone was a bruise to the left side of one of the guys body's from the handlebar hitting him, but after i assessed him he seemed fine (i'm a paramedic), and he was already laughing about it. My bike? Not a scratch on it since it never touched the ground!

I'm so grateful to them, they saved me and my brand new bike! So of course i invited them all back to my place and made them dinner :D Turns out they all ride Harleys, and have invited me to ride with them, so today i made 6 new riding buddies too (but not before throwing some jokes in about a ninja riding with them :p) :thumbup:

There was a girl driving the hummer... she says a spider was on her :angry7:

greg737
October 27th, 2011, 05:44 AM
The old "there was a spider on me" defense. You can get away with anything as long as there's a "spider on you."

I think I read somewhere that after he invaded Poland Hitler claimed to have had a spider on him.

sombo
October 27th, 2011, 05:45 AM
That's an awesome story (well except for the hummer part). It was just fate that led you to that meeting. You were meant to meet up with those guys. :D

Lil_Green_Demon
October 27th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Nice, man! Just keep practicing & you'll be fine.
All 7 of you guys should've ganged up and raped that lady. That would've taught her a damn lesson! :p

dark_sparkles
October 27th, 2011, 05:51 AM
LMAO! I'm a girl, so not really into raping women...not really into raping guys either :confused:, but thanks, i'm getting there pretty quickly now that i'm practicing regularly.

It IS an awesome story, what made it funnier was when my boyfriend came over and found me having dinner with 6 massive guys :p

I hate spiders, but when I've had them on me in my car, i don't lose my **** and swerve all over the road!

GateKeeper
October 27th, 2011, 06:05 AM
If this story was put to film, it might win the AVN award,,,,,,just kidding

but seriously

glad to hear your OK, and your rescuers were not hurt, and the bike came out without a scratch

:thumbup:

NDspd
October 27th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Glad you're ok and all....funny ending....glad they were there to help ya.

Good luck with the rest of your riding and be safe.

dark_sparkles
October 27th, 2011, 06:18 AM
If this story was put to film, it might win the AVN award,,,,,,just kidding

but seriously

glad to hear your OK, and your rescuers were not hurt, and the bike came out without a scratch

:thumbup:

haha it wasn't really all that exciting, but might have been funny to watch! My best friend said she wouldn't have believed it if she didn't turn up to the accident scene, such a ridiculous story, things like this always happen to me :o A few bruises have come up now, but all good otherwise :D

dark_sparkles
October 27th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Glad you're ok and all....funny ending....glad they were there to help ya.

Good luck with the rest of your riding and be safe.

csmith12
October 27th, 2011, 06:41 AM
What a cool story!

Mocha Man
October 27th, 2011, 07:13 AM
I actually had a spider on me while I was driving the other day, but I don't recall swerving across lanes of traffic to get it off me. Actually, I just played with him haha ...then I threw him out the window

Anyways, great story! Sounds like quite an interesting exerience

coondog
October 27th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Nice, man! Just keep practicing & you'll be fine.
All 7 of you guys should've ganged up and raped that lady. That would've taught her a damn lesson! :p

You are trully a scumbag, do-boy.

Lil_Green_Demon
October 27th, 2011, 09:02 AM
You are trully a scumbag, do-boy.

WTF is a "do-boy"? Obviously, I was joking, you idiot. :rolleyes:
Also, WTF is "trully?"

Lil_Green_Demon
October 27th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Rape is a serious subject. No more jokes about rape!

Live2ride
October 27th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Your so lucky those guys were there! That's crazy that they managed to catch you and your bike. O, and if your gonna crash, that's a hell of a way to do it. :thumbup:

kaiserz
October 27th, 2011, 09:28 AM
"WHAT THE PACK!" That is an awesome story!!! heheh glad everyone was okay.

cuz
October 27th, 2011, 09:48 AM
wow that's unrear glad your ok; )
Posted via Mobile Device

akima
October 27th, 2011, 01:00 PM
OMG! That's the most awesome story I've heard in months. I was sat reading it with my mouth wide open and a "NO F**KING WAY" expression plastered across my face!

Hope you have some good times ahead of you with your 6 new burly buddies! I'm sure the story of how "the Ninjette girl ended up with the Harley guys" will be told many times to come when you're out riding with them.

Lou
October 27th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Glad to hear everything turned out well for you :thumbup: ! Just a thought, may want to check your forks for any fluid leak. Probably hit that curve hard.

rusninja
October 27th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Interesting way to crash. :P

Alex
October 27th, 2011, 02:24 PM
If you gotta crash, there are certainly worse ways to go about it. :thumbup:

nickjpass
October 27th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Make sure you post about your rides with them!!

Trailerboy531
October 27th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Wow that's freakin' crazy, glad everything turned out okay!

Also.........way to go Umar lol

dark_sparkles
October 27th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I definetely will! My friends are going to come along on our rides just to take photos of my ninjette amongst the harleys hehehe

Thanks Lou, I'm actually due for my first service so today seems like a great day to take it in!

The guy that had the bruising is a bit worse off today, bruising has deepened and he's in a bit of pain when he moves around too much. He's pretty sure the throttle handlebar hit him, but he got checked out by his doctor and no permanent harm done... Makes me feel so bad :o

sombo
October 27th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I'm sure he would say that he'd rather take the bruising that can heal than to have let your bike take damage that would need repairs. :cool:

akima
October 28th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I definetely will! My friends are going to come along on our rides just to take photos of my ninjette amongst the harleys hehehe

Thanks Lou, I'm actually due for my first service so today seems like a great day to take it in!

The guy that had the bruising is a bit worse off today, bruising has deepened and he's in a bit of pain when he moves around too much. He's pretty sure the throttle handlebar hit him, but he got checked out by his doctor and no permanent harm done... Makes me feel so bad :o

You can't chose to be a hero but not get the ensuing scratches and bumps :p Don't feel bad; the dr said he'll be fine! Maybe make him some cupcakes to help heal him. :p

dark_sparkles
October 28th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Cupcakes! What a great idea. I can ice them in a ninjette theme :D

Honko
October 28th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I can only hope that if I ever have a get off, my guardian samoans will catch me like they did you :o

Jinx250
October 28th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I bet if the OP was a guy the OP and the bike woulda been on the ground.

Mr.E
October 28th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I was out practicing skills in a quiet industrial area about 10 mins away from my house. I'm still quite nervous so usually do 10km/hr less than the speed limit since i choose low traffic times to ride at the moment while i'm still learning.

Today after practicing, i felt really good as i had achieved so many skills that i had been struggling with previously. About 5 mins away from home, a hummer swerves across 2 lanes into my lane where i was doing approx 40km/hr as i was about to turn into a side street.

i swerved, lost control and hit the gutter, riding up and onto the grass while i knew i was about to go over the handlebars and then... i get flung to the right side?!

......This all happened in front of a milkbar (convenience store?), where a group of 6 very big Samoan guys were just leaving. Since i was doing such a low speed , 2 of the guys actually CAUGHT me as i started to come off the bike, but more amazingly, the other 4 guys caught my bike!!!

The only injury to anyone was a bruise to the left side of one of the guys body's from the handlebar hitting him, but after i assessed him he seemed fine (i'm a paramedic), and he was already laughing about it. My bike? Not a scratch on it since it never touched the ground!

I'm so grateful to them, they saved me and my brand new bike! So of course i invited them all back to my place and made them dinner :D Turns out they all ride Harleys, and have invited me to ride with them, so today i made 6 new riding buddies too (but not before throwing some jokes in about a ninja riding with them :p) :thumbup:

There was a girl driving the hummer... she says a spider was on her :angry7:

Your story came up at a bike meet up yesterday, and I nearly forgot to read it. Certainly glad I didnt forget though, thats so cool :thumbup: If you dont mind me asking, how many miles do you have on your bike??

That sure was some good luck. Glad you and the bike are ok.

DarC
October 28th, 2011, 03:44 PM
That's pretty amazing, super lucky! I was fully expecting to hear about a bike doing wacky flips or riders landing on the hoods of cars but this takes the cake:thumbup:

akima
October 28th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Did this happen near any security cameras? Would be great to have the footage of this?

In England you can claim a copy of any footage of you taken by a security camera on the grounds that they are holding personal data. The Data Protection Act allows you a copy of the data they hold on you.

Lil_Green_Demon
October 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM

I think you might be right. They probably would've jumped out of the way instead of helping out.

Mountain Dew
October 28th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Be glad it ended up like that.

[Alternate ending]

Well, after they caught me and my bike, two of them locked me in a dumpster, while the other four quickly lifted my bike into their truck and sped away.

WHAT A TWEEST

Trailerboy531
October 28th, 2011, 07:31 PM

Normally I'd totally agree with you, but I think it all happened so fast and with OP (probabl) wearing a helmet it would be hard to tell that fast. It seems like it was a quick oh sh*t! and catch moment. Though I'd wager they may not have been as kind if she were a he afterward. :p

miss_syn
October 28th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Holy crap that's amazing.

On the other hand.. I had a spider *IN* my helmet *while* I was riding. I very calmly lifted the face shield and flicked him out, I did not attempt to commit vehicular manslaughter/suicide.

dark_sparkles
October 28th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Your story came up at a bike meet up yesterday, and I nearly forgot to read it. Certainly glad I didnt forget though, thats so cool :thumbup: If you dont mind me asking, how many miles do you have on your bike??

That sure was some good luck. Glad you and the bike are ok.
Im scared I've used up all my good luck now! I was sitting just over the 1000km mark, so was needing to get the first service done.

Did this happen near any security cameras? Would be great to have the footage of this?

In England you can claim a copy of any footage of you taken by a security camera on the grounds that they are holding personal data. The Data Protection Act allows you a copy of the data they hold on you.
Unfortunately no, there were some kids across the street that tried taking photos on their phone but they were all blurry. :(

Be glad it ended up like that.

[Alternate ending]

Well, after they caught me and my bike, two of them locked me in a dumpster, while the other four quickly lifted my bike into their truck and sped away.

WHAT A TWEEST

This could easily have happened in the area I live in!! :lol:

I doubt they would have been keen on diving under a guy, they said the reason they attempted to catch me was because I'm 'pocket sized'. Hahaha

Alex
October 28th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I doubt they would have been keen on diving under a guy, they said the reason they attempted to catch me was because I'm 'pocket sized'. Hahaha

:rotflmao:

Firehorse
October 28th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Rape is a serious subject. No more jokes about rape!
Thank you. I was just about to have a small fit. That's one of those 'don't cross' lines. You learn quickly, grasshopper. :thumbup:
Punishment suitable for her? Bus ticket. :)

Coolest story ever! And don't worry about using up your good luck, you gained lots of Karma in that episode :clap2:

I hope this leads to many 'Angel Samoan' riding stories.

Keep up the practice, it's obviously getting into your head. We're supposed to swerve if possible instead of doing the panic freeze up. Nice move, needs some tweaking but nice move!

And those guys were just being charming, they would have done the same for a guy on a smaller bike like something that wouldn't plow right over them - heros act on instinct!
I think it was BIKE :eek: ----> SAVE!

Pocket sized...Love it! That's sooo sweeet!

akima
October 29th, 2011, 11:08 AM
they said the reason they attempted to catch me was because I'm 'pocket sized'. Hahaha

Awww! So cute! :p

Extra cute if the "pocket sized" rider turned up with those cup cakes to use as medicine!

We're supposed to swerve if possible instead of doing the panic freeze up.

And those guys were just being charming, they would have done the same for a guy on a smaller bike like something that wouldn't plow right over them - heros act on instinct!
I think it was BIKE :eek: ----> SAVE!

When I had my incident (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86903) there was nothing but fields and sheep for ~5 miles in every direction! No one to catch me :( * sniff sniff * :( I had nice people come to help me fish my bike out of the ditch though.

dark_sparkles
October 29th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Keep up the practice, it's obviously getting into your head. We're supposed to swerve if possible instead of doing the panic freeze up. Nice move, needs some tweaking but nice move!
Thanks, I thought I had it halfway through but just didnt make it. The worst part was that from my tire mark on the curb, i was about 5cm's away from the lip of a driveway! :mad:

When I had my incident (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86903) there was nothing but fields and sheep for ~5 miles in every direction! No one to catch me :( * sniff sniff * :( I had nice people come to help me fish my bike out of the ditch though.
Wow, that would've scared me so much! I always tend to think worst case scenario so I would have been beside myself thinking no one would show up to help! Glad some good people stopped to help you out :thumbup:

250rr
November 4th, 2011, 11:08 AM
The old "there was a spider on me" defense. You can get away with anything as long as there's a "spider on you."

I think I read somewhere that after he invaded Poland Hitler claimed to have had a spider on him.

This is the best post I've seen on her in a month!

tazz
November 4th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Funny incident...

So where do I find 6 Samoan guys around these parts, they might come in handy in case of an incident.

They can let me fall, but atleast the bike will be ok :D

Heh, nice thread.
Glad everything turned out better than expected. :thumbup:

blink
November 4th, 2011, 11:29 AM
What nice guys!