View Full Version : Why can't I post a "For Sale" Thread?

J_Bahhtu
October 27th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I have something I wanna sell to the fellow Ninjette owners here, but for some reason I'm not allowed to do so. Is this because I need a certain amount of posts before posting a for sale thread?

dubojr1
October 27th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Need 50 or more posts 1st. Sorry... forum rules.

J_Bahhtu
October 27th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Understandable. Wanted to sell to the members on here first before I sold it somewhere else. Cool thanks!

Alex
October 27th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Yep, Jason nailed it. Our marketplace rules are in an announcement at the top of those forums:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/announcement.php?f=16

Key excerpt:

We encourage the use of the marketplace by active contributing members. (Which is why there now is a 50-post + 30-day minimum for members to create new threads in the marketplace for sale forums)

I wish none of these what seem to be arbitrary restrictions would be necessary, but unfortunately they have proven to be quite helpful over time here.

J_Bahhtu
October 27th, 2011, 02:43 PM
looks like I'll be going to the new member forums and greeting everyone to get to 50 posts :rotflmao:

dubojr1
October 27th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Ummm... That's probably not a good idea either. You still won't qualify till Nov. 9th so why not make some productive post or find some polls to comment on until the 9th. Alex may frown on intentional new member posts now that it is clear on the intent. :eek:

J_Bahhtu
October 28th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Only joking... if I greet someone it's not for the post count. Being greeted somewhere new is always welcoming. I very much appreciated the warm welcome here when I first joined

Alex
October 28th, 2011, 07:57 AM
:thumbup:

Lil_Green_Demon
October 28th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Curious about what you're selling. Care to share?

CynicalC
October 28th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Yep, Jason nailed it. Our marketplace rules are in an announcement at the top of those forums:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/announcement.php?f=16

Key excerpt:

I wish none of these what seem to be arbitrary restrictions would be necessary, but unfortunately they have proven to be quite helpful over time here.

Do you think that minimum could be reduced to 20 or 25 maybe? I think that's still high enough to prove that someone isn't just a spammer but low enough that people who tend to "lurk" more aren't penalized.

Alex
October 28th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Do you think that minimum could be reduced to 20 or 25 maybe? I think that's still high enough to prove that someone isn't just a spammer but low enough that people who tend to "lurk" more aren't penalized.

I think I'm OK with that. I had it at 50 when I didn't see an easy path to require being here 30 days as well. Now that there is both the time & post requirement, 25 posts + 1 month would likely be enough to deter most spammers. I'll give it a shot.

/thread moved to Forum Info

Alex
October 28th, 2011, 06:33 PM
The change has been made. ~ 1200 members can post new threads there now, up from ~ 800 prior. Justin - I moved your item into the marketplace.

CynicalC
October 28th, 2011, 06:37 PM
:thumbup:

J_Bahhtu
October 29th, 2011, 01:57 AM
The change has been made. ~ 1200 members can post new threads there now, up from ~ 800 prior. Justin - I moved your item into the marketplace.

Good looking out Alex thank you :thumbup:

pop0tart
November 10th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks a lot. My past 20 or so posts have been a bit arbitrary/non contributive because of that 50 post rule. Now, back to my lurking...

Alex
November 10th, 2011, 08:58 PM
My past 20 or so posts have been a bit arbitrary/non contributive

Why should your posts be any different than any of the rest of ours? :p