View Full Version : I'm done with the SoCal Tech Days

Lil_Green_Demon
October 30th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I have no problems with any of you guys, but according to Kevin, some of you have a problem with me. Instead of just letting me know up front that there is a problem, I had to find out online in an awkward Internet argument.
I have a gut feeling that this thread might be taken the wrong way, so Alex, if it starts getting out of hand, feel free to lock and/or delete it.
I'm not making this thread because I feel like b*tching. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows there's two sides to every story & apparently you guys have decided to only hear one side of it.
First off, I'm not a motherf*cking freeloader. I offered to pay Gurk for the shorty levers the day he told me he ordered some but no longer needed them. If he wants the cash, I'll pay him. You've got my #, Gurk. Just text me and make sure you let me know the exact total.
KC broke his dremel while removing my fender for me. Not only did I offer to pay him for his troubles, I've constantly apologized for the dremel breaking. He knows damn well he can just text me and ask for the $20. Money is tight but not THAT tight that I can't give a dude $20 for a damn dremel bit.
I never stood back and watched someone completely work on my bike. Dustin offered to help every time. I never begged for help, and though I'm not very mechanically inclined, I'm sure I could do minor work for myself if I learned from simple errors.
Kevin2109, I'm so glad you decided to tell me "how it is." If I didn't know any better, I would've assumed I was just hanging out with some new friends who are knowledgeable about bikes.
Last time I checked a "Tech Day" is where riders hang out & work on bikes, not talk sh*t about another rider because they have a preconceived notion that the dude is a freeloader. :lol: I love that. The thought of me being a "freeloader." That's a good one. Thanks for the laugh.
I still love this site. There's a huge plethora of information just waiting to be observed, but I'll stay away from the meets.
Not only did Kevin and the rest of you guys he claims have a problem with me make me feel like there was no problem, kevin made sure to let me know straight up whatever this problem is on a PUBLIC forum. He could've called me, texted me, or even PM'd me, but instead he makes an entire post flaming me. :rolleyes: Now any new Tech Day members can also assume BEFORE EVEN MEETING ME that I'm an a-hole who only comes out to get work done, even though I never begged for help.
On top of all that, when has anyone ever helped me with anything serious? Literally, the only work I've ever done at these Tech Days was related to my levers & just that one time when Dustin helped me remove the silly looking amber markets from the front fender. I doubt that's anything major nor time consuming.
I hope you guys have a nice life & hopefully one day realize I wasn't the a-hole some of you made me out to be.
In the mean time, I'm just going to use the basic knowledge I gained from a few of you and apply where it can be useful, but anything major, such as a valve adjustment, can be done at a dealership.
Again, I'm no freeloader and if any of you (KC & Gurk) feel wronged, please let me know in a PM, text or phone call.
BTW, the funniest thing about all this is that I found out through Kevin, who I've ever gotten any help from to do anything at the Tech Days, unless he wants to count spinning my wheel while I lubed my chain a form of going out of his way to help me. It's hilarious that the person who shouldn't be concerned about WTF I'm having done to my bike is the one who revealed all these dark, idiotic presumptions to me.
If you guys had a problem, I've been within ear shot several times. You could've just let me know so I wouldn't go home, talking to my SO about the awesome day I had with "friends."
Take care of yourselves.

alex.s
October 30th, 2011, 10:58 AM
... wut? :confused:

Lil_Green_Demon
October 30th, 2011, 11:01 AM
... wut? :confused:

Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking when Kevin was telling me there's a problem.

Ambar
October 30th, 2011, 11:08 AM
drama, drama and more drama

why not try being the bigger person and take it all to pm's and/or texts instead of dragging more innocent bystanders into this train wreck?

Lil_Green_Demon
October 30th, 2011, 11:14 AM
drama, drama and more drama

why not try being the bigger person and take it all to pm's and/or texts instead of dragging more innocent bystanders into this train wreck?

:(

Because I don't know who the guys are who have a problem. Only one dude said there is a problem, but he doesn't speak for everyone else.
On my part, there is no drama. I am just throwing my side of things out there so anyone who has a problem knows I didn't realize there was a problem.
As for dragging others into this "drama," I don't recall involving you. In fact, you're in Texas. The thread title clearly reads "SoCal." The only people who should be concerned about this thread are those who have met me and attended the Tech Days. Again "SoCal" is the key word here

akima
October 30th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I'm not a part of these tech days you have (they're several thousand miles from me), but are you sure this is as serious as you think Umar? Remember Kevin can only speak for himself, not for those other guys.

It sounds like you're quite hurt :(

Lil_Green_Demon
October 30th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I'm not a part of these tech days you have (they're several thousand miles from me), but are you sure this is as serious as you think Umar? Remember Kevin can only speak for himself, not for those other guys.

It sounds like you're quite hurt :(

Honestly, I'm not "hurt" in the sense that I'm stressing over this. It might seem like I am right now because I just made this thread but this is no sweat off my back. I just made this thread to make sure everyone involved knows that up until yesterday, I had no clue there was a rumor being spread around that I'm a freeloader.
I'm a grown @$$ man. If other grown men don't want me around, I'm not offended. I'm confused but far from upset.

akima
October 30th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Honestly, I'm not "hurt" in the sense that I'm stressing over this. It might seem like I am right now because I just made this thread but this is no sweat off my back. I just made this thread to make sure everyone involved knows that up until yesterday, I had no clue there was a rumor being spread around that I'm a freeloader.
I'm a grown @$$ man. If other grown men don't want me around, I'm not offended. I'm confused but far from upset.

Not saying that you are hurt, but grown men can get hurt. I think guys often put up a veneer of tough-skinned, masculinity and but it doesn't mean they don't get hurt underneath. I think that generally they hide/bottle-up their hurt more than women.

I'd feel hurt if I thought people who I considered friends were bad mouthing me behind my back.

akima
October 30th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Anyway. I recommend you take a breather from this. Maybe chat to a few friends from the tech days and share your concern. There's no harm in that. There's probably no big problem.

Havok
October 30th, 2011, 11:42 AM
:(

Because I don't know who the guys are who have a problem. Only one dude said there is a problem, but he doesn't speak for everyone else.
On my part, there is no drama. I am just throwing my side of things out there so anyone who has a problem knows I didn't realize there was a problem.
As for dragging others into this "drama," I don't recall involving you. In fact, you're in Texas. The thread title clearly reads "SoCal." The only people who should be concerned about this thread are those who have met me and attended the Tech Days. Again "SoCal" is the key word here

You concerned the entire board by posting it in public. As far as Ambar goes she is very much part of the so-cal group. She has meet and hung out with the guys as much as you have. That kind of comes with her being the love of my life. So how about you know who and what you are talking about before getting all high and mighty.

If you want **** to be kept private take it to pm's, post in public forums deal with what you get. Man up and argue your points rather then telling people to mind there own business like a punk. You posted it, deal.

akima
October 30th, 2011, 11:53 AM
You concerned the entire board by posting it in public. As far as Ambar goes she is very much part of the so-cal group. She has meet and hung out with the guys as much as you have. That kind of comes with her being the love of my life. So how about you know who and what you are talking about before getting all high and mighty.

If you want **** to be kept private take it to pm's, post in public forums deal with what you get. Man up and argue your points rather then telling people to mind there own business like a punk. You posted it, deal.

Chill Jeff. Despite him not saying so, it seems pretty obvious to me that Umar is a bit upset/peeved about this whole thing. He wasn't rude to Ambar, he just though she was in Texas and it wasn't relevant to her. None of us are perfect - maybe Umar posting publicly isn't the best thing to do, but I don't see it harming anyone.

We're all riders here and before that; we're all humans, just making up things as we go along and trying to make the best of our lives on this spinning rock that we share. Lets be friends!

alex.s
October 30th, 2011, 11:59 AM
is this a lovers quarrel between kevin and umar?

akima
October 30th, 2011, 12:10 PM
is this a lovers quarrel between kevin and umar?

lol

Naughty Alex!

Ambar
October 30th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Chill Jeff. Despite him not saying so, it seems pretty obvious to me that Umar is a bit upset/peeved about this whole thing. He wasn't rude to Ambar, he just though she was in Texas and it wasn't relevant to her. None of us are perfect - maybe Umar posting publicly isn't the best thing to do, but I don't see it harming anyone.

We're all riders here and before that; we're all humans, just making up things as we go along and trying to make the best of our lives on this spinning rock that we share. Lets be friends!

Actually, he was being a bit rude through ignorance if nothing else. As I have attended a SOCAL tech day, accompanied the SOCAL rescue truck in rescuing Alex from his endeavor to push his bike up GMR :p, and will very soon be a permanent part of the SOCAL community.

There is harm in airing your dirty laundry on a public forum. As demonstrated by the above posts, folks are drawn to take sides and champion whoever they decide the hurt party is, more often than not, without much, if any, knowledge of the events that led up to said airing. IMHO (and it is just my opinion), it's hard to see how that is conducive to a happy healthy community.

Havok
October 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM

I'm quite chill and have no issues with umar. I said it was a punk move to call Ambar out for not being a part of the "so-cal" group yet he totally embraces and accepts opinions from England. Now why would that be? Because one he perceives to be on his side and one he perceives is not. That is a punk move IMHO and I called bullshit on it.

If you are going to post something in public you take what you get good and bad. Using the it doesnt concern you is a cop out.

All this could have been solved with a couple of phone calls and hashing it out that way. Posting it here was to create drama, drama involving our tech days and drama involving my friends. Wehave been having these meets for 8 months now with no issues, now we have issues. Pretty obvious to me why that is and where it is coming from.

Lil_Green_Demon
October 30th, 2011, 12:47 PM
My bad, Ambar. Didn't know who you were.
I'm not trying to argue; just saying it "how it is," that's all.

Lil_Green_Demon
October 30th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I'm quite chill and have no issues with umar. I said it was a punk move to call Ambar out for not being a part of the "so-cal" group yet he totally embraces and accepts opinions from England.

If you are going to post something in public you take what you get good and bad. Using the it doesnt concern you is a cop out.

All this could have been solved with a couple of phone calls and hashing it out that way. Posting it here was to create drama, drama involving our tech days and drama involving my friends. Wehave been having these meets for 8 months now with no issues, now we have issues. Pretty obvious to me why that is and where it is coming from.

idk WTF the bolded part means. :lol:
You know who brought it to public first. I'm just saying my peace/piece. I've got no problems with any of you guys, but apparently I'm causing a problem.
Look, I'm just saying I won't come out any more. No drama in that.

Live2ride
October 30th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Umar. I speak to some of the socal guys everyday believe it or not. I feel like I have a good overall understanding of them and I also feel like I know your one and only problem; trusting kevin :rotflmao:.

akima
October 30th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I'm quite chill and have no issues with umar. I said it was a punk move to call Ambar out for not being a part of the "so-cal" group yet he totally embraces and accepts opinions from England. Now why would that be? Because one he perceives to be on his side and one he perceives is not. That is a punk move IMHO and I called bullshit on it.

I wouldn't say he embraces and accepts my opinions. For one - I can't know that, as I can't read minds... and for two: he dismissed some of the things I said.

If you are going to post something in public you take what you get good and bad.

Yeah: you have to take what you get, but that doesn't justify the people who are sending out the "bad" vibes.

Telling someone to "man up" and insinuating that they're a "punk" is bad vibes in my opinion and offers nothing positive to the situation that might help to fix things.

From reading Umar's posts on this board he doesn't seem like a bad guy. He also said that if there is a problem where people feels he is free-loading, then he'd quite happily pay anyone who feels they are owed.

Before you say anything about the English person responding in a "SoCal" thread, I'd like to point out that the only reason I'm responding in here is because I've seen some bad vibes being thrown Umar's way and I wanted to try and send some good vibes so he doesn't feel that everyone has a problem with him... because I'm certain that's not the case. I'm not here for drama.

Umar might be reading this post thinking "WTF Akima! I don't care about random strangers on a forum!" :p

blink
October 30th, 2011, 01:17 PM
can you make the problem you have with each member clear and organized?

4,5,6?

Lil_Green_Demon
October 30th, 2011, 01:30 PM
No, akima. I understand and appreciate what you're saying.
I didn't mean for this thread to cause drama. It was just my way of explaining my side of things. I'd prefer this thread get locked.

rusninja
October 30th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Umar. I speak to some of the socal guys everyday believe it or not. I feel like I have a good overall understanding of them and I also feel like I know your one and only problem; trusting kevin :rotflmao:.

Is kevin a bike pusher. :eek:

akima
October 30th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Is kevin a bike pusher. :eek:

What's a "bike pusher"? :confused: :p

... someone who pushes there bike... I'm confused!

Alex
October 30th, 2011, 02:06 PM
/closed at OP's request.