View Full Version : Am I the only one who laughed when I watched this video?

choneofakind
November 4th, 2011, 07:25 AM
This is just plain old ridiculous. Watch it and you'll see what I mean.

ZAuRcjDjihc

Vampyre
November 4th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Is that scott's damper not connected to anything?

exploring/carolina
November 4th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Looked at Scott's site & photos, looks like the damper is set up as shown in their photo.

Lot's of stuff on that Ninja!

Mocha Man
November 4th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Lol wow...some people... :rolleyes:

saxnbass
November 4th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I saw that a few weeks ago, was hoping I'd never have to see it again... thanks. :P

Vampyre
November 4th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Looked at Scott's site & photos, looks like the damper is set up as shown in their photo.

Lot's of stuff on that Ninja!

On scotts site the sliver part with the slot has a pin in it that is connected to the frame. That bike in the video has no pin. look at 1m18s you can see that the slot is empty.

exploring/carolina
November 4th, 2011, 08:18 AM
On scotts site the sliver part with the slot has a pin in it that is connected to the frame. That bike in the video has no pin. look at 1m18s you can see that the slot is empty.

Yep, see what you mean. I don't see anything in the slot either.
You're right!

akima
November 4th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I don't see a problem there. I just see a video of a husband who's lovingly customized a Ninjette for his wife! That exhaust seemed overly noisy for my tastes.

exploring/carolina
November 4th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I don't see a problem there. I just see a video of a husband who's lovingly customized a Ninjette for his wife! That exhaust seemed overly noisy for my tastes.

Have to admit, I bought the Ninja 250 for my wife, but I really like riding the Ninja! :thumbup:

GateKeeper
November 4th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I have to agree with you Akima,,,,

I don't see anything out of the ordinary on this bike, most of it was done to help out his wife to get on and off the bike safely, and handle it at a stop. Some is cosmetic, the green rims, but hey most put on just the pinstripe, he decided to do the whole rim, he did a tail eliminator, and got rid of the front blinkers, and incorporated it into the mirrors instead. Yes the exhaust is a bit loud, even for my taste, but to each his own, my Yosh pipe on the 750 is loud, and I like it.

Actually if you listen to all he has done, it's all be done correctly, and nothing has been done to hamper the bike....

I have seen this vid in the past, and I liked what he did, and still do

sorry I don't see this as a fail.....but that is just my opinion

Heed
November 4th, 2011, 10:18 AM
thats a lot of fking mods.

id rather have the Repsol

Magz
November 4th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I agree with everyone else, I think it looks good and well done, other the the above mentioned problem. Short people should be able to ride too. ;) All the better on a good looking bike.

choneofakind
November 4th, 2011, 10:54 AM
It has a glorified straight pipe on the exhaust. A Steering dampener, which is NOT necessary on these bikes. And it's been dropped so far that it has chewed up the inside of the rear fender and the dogbones only clear the ground by a couple inches. He spent all that money on this bike (powdercoated rims, full exhaust, jet kit etc) but gets cheapy mirrors, leaves open holes where the turn signals used to be, and then keeps the stock tires... that's a joke. I bet the fender slams into the bodywork too. then to top it all off, there's stickers all over it.

The details aren't there. It just made me laugh, that's all. There's nothing wrong with modifying a bike so that his wife can ride comfortably with him by lowering it. In fact, I applaud that. The rest of it just makes me laugh. That poor ninja

akima
November 4th, 2011, 10:59 AM
The stock tires aren't that bad. Unless you're racing, I see no reason why you can't use the stock tires until they wear out, before buying a new set.

He might also be planning to fill the indicator hole.

Just out of curiosity: why do you think a steering damper is not necessary? I don't know much about them.

blink
November 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I don't understand... what's wrong with this video that's so funny?

p.s i never understood risers to lower the bars LOL

fujimumu
November 4th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I was waiting for someone to hop the curb and smash his bikes...I might have laughed if that happened.

choneofakind
November 4th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Steering dampeners are needed on some supersports because the angle of the forks is so close to 90 degrees with the ground because it makes the bike turn in quicker. This also makes the bike less stable and much more prone to tank slappers. The steering dampener gives resistance to the bars turning and therefore gets rid of that tendency to tanks-slap.

The forks on a ninja 250 are very far from 90 degrees. This means that the bike is very stable at speeds and is not likely to go into a tank slapper. The only time you would need a steering dampener on this bike is if you dropped the front end significantly with out lowering the back, or raising the back significantly without raising the front. The front of these bikes can be dropped an inch or so easily without any worries, but they do get the occasional wobbly front if you take railroad crossings/humps in the road too fast and take almost all the weight off the front end. Even then, the 250 is light enough that you can just stiff arm the bars still and give it throttle and come out fine.

here's a good article to just get the basic ideas of bike/motorcycle geometry. I'm not using wikipedia as a rock solid source here, just a quick reference, so please no one flame me for my use of wikipedia as an informational site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_and_motorcycle_geometry

I don't understand... what's wrong with this video that's so funny?

It's just so overdone, yet so half done that it just made me laugh a little. They turned a perfectly good, fun bike into a bike that won't lean very far because it is so low to the ground. And we all know that quick turns and lightness are the best traights about a 250. Besides, wouldn't common sense say that you wouldn't want the back wheel rubbing on the inside of the fender when you ride.

alex.s
November 4th, 2011, 01:14 PM
im at work and i just busted out laughing when i saw the $500 damper that ISNT CONNECTED! lmfao!!!!

akima
November 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM
im at work and i just busted out laughing when i saw the $500 damper that ISNT CONNECTED! lmfao!!!!

So it's basically just a pricey lump of metal screwed onto the bike? :p

Lil_Green_Demon
November 4th, 2011, 01:38 PM
The only thing that made me laugh was the way he spoke. He didn't even pronounce 'accordingly' correctly. :lol:

My sense of humor is humorous.

Btw, that's a nice looking Repsol.

choneofakind
November 4th, 2011, 04:05 PM
So it's basically just a pricey lump of metal screwed onto the bike? :p

in a nutshell :)

Lil_Green_Demon
November 4th, 2011, 04:16 PM
You're the only one who laughed when you watched this. I'm the only one who laughed when I watched this.

Kevin2109
November 4th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Totally thought she was going to be hot... Nope... Looks like she could be his mom

Mountain Dew
November 4th, 2011, 04:34 PM
4.5" drop, and the bike has 6.1" ground clearance stock. And that's not taking into account the sag from the rear shock. I hope they enjoy not being able to get over speed bumps, curbs, and parking lot entrances.

All he did really was squid out the bike. An unnecessarily loud exhaust, "stage 2" jet kit (LOL), lowered it so it's nearly sitting on the ground, installed a nearly useless damper that's not even connected, and cheaped out on the integrated front mirrors.

Sure it may be a bit more comfortable for her to sit on when sitting still, but it seems pretty useless as an enjoyment bike.

Cuongism
November 4th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I don't get the joke...I thought maybe someone was gonna hop on the bike in the end and steal the bike. Sadly disappointed.

Cazper
November 4th, 2011, 09:00 PM
That bike must ride horribly... I can understand lowering it for a shorter rider... but not so much that it's unrideable. They don't make front lowering blocks that large because it isn't advisable. :doh:

I too caught the undertail that was worn through from rubbing on the back tire... that doesn't seem very safe to me :nono:

Trust me I understand modifying an entry level bike... I've spent over $2K on my $4.5K bike, so I don't feel adding mods is useless... but when it makes the bike unsafe or nearly unrideable it is indeed a fail.

leed
November 4th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Short people need to ride too, that's why we lean to one side! I'm not quite that short, but dang 4.5" drop; the new generation 250 only has 6.1" of ground clearance! A pothole would bottom that thing out, need not mention a speedbump!

But hey, if she rides it, I have no qualms.

Mountain Dew
November 4th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Thinking about it, I can't imagine how much lean angle is gone from a 4.5" drop. If I could scrape pegs leaning at stock height, and I didn't even get to the edge of the tire...

kaiserz
November 4th, 2011, 09:51 PM
What's wrong with this vid o.o? it's their bike... I believe they're entitled do what ever they want. It doesn't seem practical and some of it doesn't make sense. but yeah it's their bike.

rockNroll
November 5th, 2011, 05:32 AM
The plot was lame and the ending... anticlimactic. He wasn't as gangsta as most of the walk around videos I've seen, but I still must give this video a thumbs down.

CC Cowboy
November 5th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Anyone know where I can get a pair of those valve stem covers?

WhiteRice
November 5th, 2011, 08:03 AM
4" drop brings the bike seat height to 26".

That's one tiny wife.

I don't get all the hate though, he dressed up the bike for his lady. I'm sure plenty of people would do the same to ride with their SO.

Lil_Green_Demon
November 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Rewatched the video. Was that older woman his wife? :lol:

setasai
November 5th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I wonder if there is a tally on how much money went into modifications on that bike.

I had a pretty good chuckle with this video. I respect his initiative to get the bike ridable for his wife but some of those mods are not in the rider's best interest. Especially if he/she is a new rider.

A 4.5" drop is quite a bit and is kinda dangerous. An integrated tail light only makes it more difficult to see the signals and with that hole in the rear fairing, I cant imagine how much stuff is going to end up being flung up there on a rainy day.

choneofakind
November 6th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Rewatched the video. Was that older woman his wife? :lol:

:D

Bob2010
August 10th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I watched to see the 2nd bike, and the race exhaust sound clip
I never knew Jardine made a race muffler for the 250

http://youtu.be/ZAuRcjDjihc
the youtube button dont work for me, I copy the "share url" from youtube page and paste here but it dont work?

fishdip
August 10th, 2013, 06:33 PM
I watched to see the 2nd bike, and the race exhaust sound clip
I never knew Jardine made a race muffler for the 250

the youtube button dont work for me, I copy the "share url" from youtube page and paste here but it dont work?

This bike has been posted about already. The damper is not even on the bike correctly to work.

Bob2010
August 10th, 2013, 06:38 PM
This bike has been posted about already
well... okay so are they members here?
The damper is not even on the bike correctly to work
well... lol okay, but the exhaust and the Repsol bike is why is posted it :thumbup:

fishdip
August 10th, 2013, 06:40 PM
well... okay so are they members here?

well... lol okay, but the exhaust and the Repsol bike is why is posted it :thumbup:

I bet if you look in the bling area you will find the old thread about this and it may tell you if they are members or not.

Bob2010
August 10th, 2013, 06:55 PM
I bet if you look in the bling area you will find the old thread about this and it may tell you if they are members or not.
http://yeeshkul.com/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/eminem-apathy1.gif

http://i.minus.com/iFkXYyv1d7b1t.gif

NevadaWolf
August 10th, 2013, 11:50 PM

The YouTube tag only needs the video ID. Like this: ZAuRcjDjihc

ZAuRcjDjihc

Alex
August 11th, 2013, 01:10 AM
/merged

deeno415
August 11th, 2013, 04:29 AM
I need to put some stickers on my bike to "add some spice"! :D

Bob2010
August 11th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the YouTube tip and merge! I couldn't figure that button out since I signed up here
I couldnt find the thread and that's why I asked. I also had some questions for them if he/she was a member here.

iplante
August 11th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Not a fan of that exhaust. It sounds like my lawn mower.

Galaxieman
August 11th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Exhaust: To each their own. I went back to the stocker since the MGP Growler was stupid loud...
Integrated Tail and mirror signals: The ones on the front help by moving the signal further from the centerline of the bike, and the rear makes those useless... so it balances out, right? Again, meh.
Lowering: Ok as a general rule, but executed to a dangerous extreme here. Drag bikes aren't dropped that much. I did watch the 'Gina babys first ride' video uploaded by the same user, and she mentions in the comments that she has raised the bike back up some. Seeing her on the bike with no seat, she is really, really short, so understand the idea with lowering the bike... just not so much. Good on her for riding, and even better that she lifted the bike back up off the ground. Where it sits in that first vid is just dangerous.

Aggrotech
August 11th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I did watch the 'Gina babys first ride' video uploaded by the same user,

that is the most ****ed up yet funniest thing ive seen in quite some time.

the whole 1:44 through 2:00 made me laugh.

greenmachine
August 11th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I was waiting for someone to hop the curb and smash his bikes...I might have laughed if that happened.

same lol, where was the "slammed"

JohnnyBravo
August 11th, 2013, 08:58 PM
I like the pipe!!! I wanna bike almost that low, not for erday just for bar hoppin an cruisin strips!!! A lot longer though!!!