View Full Version : I destroyed my BRAND NEW!! 2012 Ninja 250

Javi
November 5th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Does anyone know where I can get farings for a 2012 Ninja 250r??
I will post pictures later and tell you the story later I promise.

WhiteRice
November 5th, 2011, 11:06 PM
http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/ for oem. Pricey.

You can find cheaper aftermarket on eBay, but beware fitting issues.

Havok
November 5th, 2011, 11:30 PM
http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-colors.cfm?CFID=64922&CFTOKEN=54949264

and an auto body repair shop. Depends on how bad the damage is.

Javi
November 6th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it as promised, here are the pictures. Is not that bad a you can see but I mean brand new bike, and I've only had it for two weeks so far. It really sucks. Anyway, so I was at my cousins house showing off my new bike, as I was leaving I switched to 2nd gear and as soon as I see this wire infront of me my life just flashes before my eyes. I started to break real hard and the bike just kept going and the wire just went in between the headlight and the headlight cowling breaking the plastic & giving the bike some joker scars. Unfortunately, that was not all that was damaged. The frame in the inside that holds the gauges bent a bit and now i have to straighten it out.

By the way, do 2008-2011 faring/cowlings fit on a 2012? :confused:

Momaru
November 6th, 2011, 08:59 AM
That sucks quite a lot Javi, but definitely a mistake I haven't seen.

The '08-11 fairings will fit on a '12, there's basically no difference other than the backplates on the gauges and paint colors. But the paint colors really don't match, so you'll need to get 'em repainted if you want a color match.

Glad the bike caught the wire and not your neck.

Javi
November 6th, 2011, 09:08 AM
That sucks quite a lot Javi, but definitely a mistake I haven't seen.

The '08-11 fairings will fit on a '12, there's basically no difference other than the backplates on the gauges...

Glad the bike caught the wire and not your neck.

Those are the black plates that cover the gauges right?

& I learned my lesson!

austexjg
November 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
That is one scary situation to find yourself in.... Glad you are okay, sorry about the damage to the bike.

Lou
November 6th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Glad your alright that could have been bad. Keep an eye on the marketplace in the forums, great deals come up and if im not mistaken someone is selling fairings right now at a good price.

akima
November 6th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Eep. Scary. Javi!! You must concentrate more!

Most important thing is that you're ok.

avneet
November 6th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Ouch. I have the exact same bike so now how you feel. Finding the candy green fairings will be tough and expensive. You might be able to have them painted on different colored ones cheaper than buying them new from the dealership (get quotes). Definitely an accident.

Heed
November 6th, 2011, 12:24 PM
as I was leaving I switched to 2nd gear and as soon as I see this wire infront of me my life just flashes before my eyes. I started to break real hard and the bike just kept going and the wire just went in between the headlight and the headlight cowling breaking the plastic & giving the bike some joker scars.

So.. you see a wire in front of you, your life flashed before your eyes? Were you staring at it? the bike goes where you look lol. And the bike just kept going when you broke real hard? i'm finding this difficult to imagine :confused:

Out of curiosity, did you take the MSF?

I hate these horror stories. I'm afraid it'll happen to me after I buy a bike.

str8t six
November 6th, 2011, 01:26 PM
ive never seen that happen before, glad you are okay.

if the frame is bent the bike may be totaled?

5evenz
November 6th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Wtf was a wire doing strung across those poles? who was the genius that put it there?

Heed
November 6th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Wtf was a wire doing strung across those poles? who was the genius that put it there?

http://i42.tinypic.com/ay0nk2.jpg

Cazper
November 6th, 2011, 02:42 PM
That's definitely not as bad as I pictured it was going to be. You can definitely get the front cowling replaced... just depends if you want to go OEM or buy used and get it painted. All the 08-12 bikes are identical as far as the parts you could potentially need... i.e. frame support. Good luck and pay attention out there :thumbup:

setasai
November 6th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Wow, I saw the photo first, then the wire, then read your post. I think my heart skipped a beat once I figured out what that wire photo was for. Glad you're ok.

I see you are in Salinas. That's pretty close to where Sean and I live in south San Jose. Well not that close but close enough that we might have a semi decent blue front cowl that we can give to you to be repainted. Let me check with Sean tomorrow and see if it is in usable condition and/or he wants it.

Btw, if the front cowl is cut relatively cleanly, you might be able to get away with patching with fiberglass/abs glue and repainting that as well.

I think this is the correct color.
http://www.colorrite.com/product/kawasaki-candy-lime-green-1534.cfm

Depending on how much is necessary to repaint it, maybe purchasing a replacement is cheaper and easier.

**What's crazy is even after all that damage, the Ninjette still looks amazing!**

Lil_Green_Demon
November 6th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Damn, man! That sucks. I hope you're able to get it fixed. Do you have insurance by any chance? I'd try to see what they can do.

Lil_Green_Demon
November 6th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Javi is that you in the avy pic? Just curious.

ninjaprof
November 6th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Does anyone know where I can get farings for a 2012 Ninja 250r??
I will post pictures later and tell you the story later I promise.

Glad you are ok...that's the most important thing (ATGATT!!!)

Personally, I would do whatever it took to get the bike completely fixed as soon as possible. Unless money was a major issue, I would take it to a dealership for immediate repairs and put the whole unfortunate event behind me as quickly as possible. That way, you can get back to enjoying your brand new bike, as it should be.

Javi
November 6th, 2011, 07:22 PM
So.. you see a wire in front of you, your life flashed before your eyes? Were you staring at it? the bike goes where you look lol. And the bike just kept going when you broke real hard? i'm finding this difficult to imagine :confused:

I saw the wire about 7 feet before it got caught in between the headlights and the fairing...just not my day I guess :o

I see you are in Salinas. That's pretty close to where Sean and I live in south San Jose. Well not that close but close enough that we might have a semi decent blue front cowl that we can give to you to be repainted. Let me check with Sean tomorrow and see if it is in usable condition and/or he wants it.

Btw, if the front cowl is cut relatively cleanly, you might be able to get away with patching with fiberglass/abs glue and repainting that as well.

Thanks Setasai, I'd really appreciate that:thumbup:

Javi is that you in the avy pic? Just curious.

That's like asking Heed if he's the one in his picture :eek: lol That's my gf :cool: My other ride :D

Javi
November 6th, 2011, 07:35 PM
With the mechanical experience I have working on my '65 Mustang, I was confident to take it apart. The joker scars I was talking about. Might take Setasai's advice and just fix it my self or ask my friend (he's better at fiberglass and body work than me) That black bracket is what I need, any idea where I can get it or what it's called? I figured doing my own work would cost me a lot cheaper. I don't want to bother with insurence because my rates will go up :D Here are some picture of my progress:

setasai
November 6th, 2011, 08:02 PM
That doesnt look bad at all. I'd attempt to fix it myself seeing as it's a pretty clean cut. I'll still check with Sean tomorrow but I think from the looks of it, it'd be better off just repaired and touched up with paint.

As for the black bracket, I'm not even sure what you're pointing at but you can find all the OEM parts at http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com. Once you have the part # there are numerous websites to purchase off of.

Edit: I think it's this one 39137-0058-18R. Costs $158 at this site. Maybe someone with a really totalled bike can sell you one or ebay.
http://f.cl.ly/items/0n2j090k0n2P2010033J/Screen%20shot%202011-11-06%20at%207.06.14%20PM.png

Javi
November 6th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah, that was it, I just ordered it. Unfortunately, shipping is really slow, won't be able to fix it until Nov. 14 :( Oh well, gives me time to perfect the fairing. Makes me want to give the ninja a joker look. Want to know how my bike got these scars? :D

Lil_Green_Demon
November 6th, 2011, 08:23 PM
That's like asking Heed if he's the one in his picture :eek: lol That's my gf :cool: My other ride :D

:(

I thought it was a girl in distress. I was going to offer to come out to Salinas and help you cope, but not any more.

:p

My girl wouldn't appreciate this post. Shh..

Javi
November 6th, 2011, 08:35 PM
hahahahahaha :D
I'm teaching my gf to ride. Might be a bad idea :confused:

MotoED
November 6th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Damn. This sux that this happened to you :(
Hope you get those replacement parts ASAP and get her riding soon!

Heed
November 6th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I saw the wire about 7 feet before it got caught in between the headlights and the fairing...just not my day I guess :o

Thanks Setasai, I'd really appreciate that:thumbup:

Nah not so much. There are some chicks on here that ride

akima
November 7th, 2011, 01:35 AM
I'm teaching my gf to ride. Might be a bad idea :confused:

Her learning to ride isn't a bad idea (if she wants too), but maybe you should find her a different teacher :eek:

Javi
November 7th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Nah not so much. There are some chicks on here that ride

I was referring to you because your name is John and you have a picture of a girl, as I have a guys name with a picture of my gf get what I mean? I know girls ride, pretty sexy too :D

Her learning to ride isn't a bad idea (if she wants too), but maybe you should find her a different teacher :eek:

:D hahaha
I'm only teaching her how to ride and some precautions. I'm going to encourage her to take the MSF course. Might do that myself :p

Javi
November 7th, 2011, 09:30 AM
That doesnt look bad at all. I'd attempt to fix it myself seeing as it's a pretty clean cut. I'll still check with Sean tomorrow but I think from the looks of it, it'd be better off just repaired and touched up with paint.

As for the black bracket, I'm not even sure what you're pointing at but you can find all the OEM parts at http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com. Once you have the part # there are numerous websites to purchase off of.

Edit: I think it's this one 39137-0058-18R. Costs $158 at this site. Maybe someone with a really totalled bike can sell you one or ebay.
http://f.cl.ly/items/0n2j090k0n2P2010033J/Screen%20shot%202011-11-06%20at%207.06.14%20PM.png

I just found this website, pricey but free shipping, same as kawasakipartshouse.com can't remember which one was less expensive.

http://www.motorcyclepartsdepot.com

setasai
November 7th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Cool. They come from oregon too so maybe it'll get to you faster.

Also, if you havent taken the MSF, you definitely should. Personally, I dont believe you can adequately teach unless you've been taught correctly yourself.

Firehorse
November 7th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I'm only teaching her how to ride and some precautions. I'm going to encourage her to take the MSF course. Might do that myself :p

Best idea of all, that way she won't have to un-learn any bad habits.
We all have bad habits but if you take the course with her, you'll both be around here for ages.
Have you both already got full gear?

Second best idea is painting a joker theme.:thumbup::thumbup:
TG you're okay and only the bike was damaged.:)

Malicious Logic
November 7th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I was referring to you because your name is John and you have a picture of a girl, as I have a guys name with a picture of my gf get what I mean? I know girls ride, pretty sexy too :D

:D hahaha

Honestly thought the girl in your avatar was you as well until I read down. Guess it just depends what part of the country you're from...Javi to me looked like a female name. *shrugs*

Lil_Green_Demon
November 7th, 2011, 02:47 PM

After seeing Heed's avy again, I don't think this comparison makes sense. :lol: In Heed's avy, there's a girl posing half naked on a bed. In your avy, there's a girl just sitting on a bike.
Heed's avy wouldn't make anyone wonder if there's a hot chick posing for us with her avatar picture. Yours could be mistaken for a female Ninja owner who is just sharing a pic of herself on her bike.
Just wanted to clear up why I asked if it was you in the avatar picture. :thumbup:

TBC
November 7th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Glad the bike caught the wire and not your neck.Very much this...

Glad you are ok...that's the most important thing (ATGATT!!!)
Even with ATGATT, I don't think anything covers your neck to prevent against decapitation.

setasai
November 7th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Hey, I just checked with Sean. His front cowl has a few cracks here and there. Not worth messing with but on the bright side, It doesnt look too bad. I think with a little elbow grease, you could have a pretty unique outcome if you do decide on the joker look. :)

Javi
November 7th, 2011, 10:18 PM
After seeing Heed's avy again, I don't think this comparison makes sense. :lol: In Heed's avy, there's a girl posing half naked on a bed. In your avy, there's a girl just sitting on a bike.
Heed's avy wouldn't make anyone wonder if there's a hot chick posing for us with her avatar picture. Yours could be mistaken for a female Ninja owner who is just sharing a pic of herself on her bike.
Just wanted to clear up why I asked if it was you in the avatar picture. :thumbup:

point is...it's not me :rolleyes:

Lil_Green_Demon
November 7th, 2011, 10:29 PM
point is...it's not me :rolleyes:

Oh, rly?

I'm so glad you cleared that up! I didn't catch it the first time, bruh.

;)

Javi
November 7th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I just hope I get to fix this bike soon and get it back on the road I'll show you guys (and girls) the results :artist: I also been looking for the candy lime green paint and so far from what I've seen the paint is pretty expensive :( Hopefully there's a discount on veteren's day :usa2: can't wait to ride again :cbrsmiley:

Javi
November 7th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Oh, rly?

I'm so glad you cleared that up! I didn't catch it the first time, bruh.

;)

I hope your gf is cheating on you lol

Lil_Green_Demon
November 7th, 2011, 10:54 PM
I hope your gf is cheating on you lol

The mother of my child? I'm sure she isn't and would be devastated if she was.