View Full Version : not really but...

alex.s
November 7th, 2011, 11:46 PM
40d out, not blaming cold tires but...

second turn, left turn, went over the crest of a little hill/ridge thing, rear tire gave, foot down, slid for a little bit but the bike was dropping fast... knee down... the front was full lock to the right but i kept the gas about the same maybe a tiny bit less cause i was kinda going to the left. peg started to scrape but then the tire caught some traction, bike stood up in a hurry and shook its ass.

TL;DR:
my knee hurts. not a scratch on the bike outside of the foot peg

(edit: this was the 250 and i was not pushing it at all...)

akima
November 8th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I don't know what "40d out" means, but it sounds like you made an amazing save.

Was your knee protected? Any road-rash on it?

alex.s
November 8th, 2011, 01:16 AM
40F i meant. had my pants on with knee gaurds. scratches on the boot and the side of the pants. had some beer... knee doesn't hurt anymore.

EsrTek
November 8th, 2011, 05:19 AM
cold tires and cold ground will bite your arse fast...sounds like you saved it nicely, at the cost of your knee (smartly you had full protection).

Firehorse
November 8th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Whoa! Nice save! Will take that lesson to heart - thanks!! ATGATT saves the day again.

Told you not to be knee dragging in those temperatures...:boink:

alex.s
November 8th, 2011, 02:33 PM
i dont know if i would call it a save... maybe more just... not doing anything to make it crash until it figured out what it was doing...

akima
November 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
i dont know if i would call it a save... maybe more just... not doing anything to make it crash until it figured out what it was doing...

You know as well as I do, that not every rider would just sit it out and let the bike do its thing; many would be grabbing a hand (or foot) full of brake, tensing on the bars or chopping the throttle. You got skills! Don't belittle yourself. ;)

I bet your heart skipped a few beats during the skid :p

NDspd
November 8th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I had a scary incident as well the other day. Cold morning (50F as well), took a tight right turn in an intersection (good lean angle, but not enough to drag knee). Half way through the turn the front wheel just goes lose, I didn't even touch the brakes as I knew what was happening. It slid 2 to 3 feet to the outside of the turn, then grabbed traction. After that happened I was inches from dragging knee, but kept a relaxed upper body, finished the turn and straightened out.

Talk about an adrenaline rush. :drivingcrash:

Be safe out there man!!

Cazper
November 18th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I'm impressed by a couple things... first, nice riding skills bro!!! Secondly, that you were actually on your 250 :eek: I'm sure it was so shocked to have you riding it again that it didn't want to let you down :thumbup: