View Full Version : DIY: Search Ninjette.org Like A Pro

Jiggles
November 16th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Are you tired of failing at using the search option offered on this website? Do you search for your issue only to come up empty handed? Have you ever started a new thread with what you thought was novel information only to have Alex or another senior member be the first to post with a plethora of links relating directly to your post making you feel like a half retarded monkey with brain damage induced by syphilis? Do not fear! You are not alone!

For just $14.95 you too can learn to search ninjette.org in an efficient manner! I'm also throwing in free blinker fluid and exhaust bearings, just pay shipping and handling.

Ok, **** it...

Here's why you can't find the information you are looking for. Alex purposely installed a crappy search tool so that he can always be God of ninjette. Just think, while you tirelessly search for nuggets of information and come up with nothing, well here comes Alex, the all knowing king, searching through his website and coming up with your answer in mere seconds. We have become dependent on this Elitist. He is the only one who knows the secret to unlocking ninjette.org's information coal mine... Until now... We must liberate ourselves from his grasp, we must become independent, for without independence, we are no better than bananas.

To unlock ninjette's true search capabilities simply press R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up. You will now find your inventory is full of new weapons including a baseball bat and an M16. Shoot Alex.

Then, head on over to google and type in: site:ninjette.org how come bike no go fast

The term "site:ninjette.org" forces google to only retrieve links from ninjette.org. The benefit of this is that you can now search through ninjette.org with google's advanced searching engine. That's right google, you're my bitch, do what I say.

You will find that google pulls in far more relevant threads than the pseudo-search of ninjette.org, allowing you to find posts by specific members or any other criteria you may have for finding threads. With this tool, Alex can no longer make you feel retarded. You're still retarded but at least you won't feel like it.

Happy Searching :thumbup:

(pssst Alex! What if you added in a secondary search option that auto-searched through google using the criteria I specified above. That would be freakin neato)

alex.s
November 16th, 2011, 10:59 PM
can you include exhaust bearings with your blinker fluid?

Jiggles
November 16th, 2011, 11:02 PM
can you include exhaust bearings with your blinker fluid?

For you my friend, anything

Alex
November 17th, 2011, 01:02 AM
:) The google searching works well, but it's not a complete view of the site. Google doesn't keep all of the threads, and can't search into any of the protected areas here (Forum info, for one). I generally find the threads I'm looking for here by hitting search, then the Advanced Search link, and limiting my search to words in a thread title, or less often by the particular poster.

cuong-nutz
November 17th, 2011, 02:31 AM
:) The google searching works well, but it's not a complete view of the site. Google doesn't keep all of the threads, and can't search into any of the protected areas here (Forum info, for one). I generally find the threads I'm looking for here by hitting search, then the Advanced Search link, and limiting my search to words in a thread title, or less often by the particular poster.

I think people are just lazy to learn how to use the search engine. I have never had a problem with the search engine. It's the same format as any other forum and is stupid simple to use.:thumbup:

Jiggles
November 17th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I think people are just lazy to learn how to use the search engine. I have never had a problem with the search engine. It's the same format as any other forum and is stupid simple to use.:thumbup:

I'd say about half of the searches I do on here I find what I'm looking for. But often enough I can't find what I'm looking for and so I resort to google which usually has the information in the first link.

So, I thought I'd share :thumbup:

CynicalC
November 18th, 2011, 01:57 AM
It's almost ALWAYS easier to search google than it is to use any forum's search function, and using the term "site:ninjette.org" needlessly complicates it. You can just type "whatever ninjette" and you will get the most relevant result guaranteed.

http://tinyurl.com/7df8phb

Jiggles
November 18th, 2011, 04:34 PM
It's almost ALWAYS easier to search google than it is to use any forum's search function, and using the term "site:ninjette.org" needlessly complicates it. You can just type "whatever ninjette" and you will get the most relevant result guaranteed.

http://tinyurl.com/7df8phb

yes most of the time Google will pull the first 2 links from ninjette but if you want a more in depth search then site:ninjette.org is very useful

Alex
November 18th, 2011, 08:31 PM
All good tips. One last one, is that quite often, I can find the relevant thread I'm looking for by simply scrolling down and looking in the "similar threads" area at the bottom of every page.

gfloyd2002
November 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
With this tool, Alex can no longer make you feel retarded.

See, Jiggles. Totally untrue. Alex can still make anyone feel like a retard. :p

The key to the failure of the search is that most members simply prefer to start a new thread rather than search at all. Google, built in ninjette search, use site:ninjette, whatever. I'd be thrilled if 1/2 the membership cared enough to simply search anywhere, ever.

Nemesis
November 21st, 2011, 02:22 PM
Before new members can post/create anything, they should have to complete a search tutorial. :lol:

Alex
November 21st, 2011, 04:02 PM
See, Jiggles. Totally untrue. Alex can still make takes perverse pleasure in making anyone feel like a retard. :p

Fixed. :D