View Full Version : sold the ninjette for a parachute

jamesio
November 20th, 2011, 11:10 PM
well, it's official, i just sold my ninjette a couple days ago. it was bittersweet. i was sad shes gone but also extremely happy because i have more $$$ now to put toward my new obsession and ultimate passion...sky diving :D

Jiggles
November 20th, 2011, 11:20 PM
But you can't even ride a parachute

"A"
November 21st, 2011, 06:48 AM
Skydiving is fun, tried it a few times along with paragliding.. I tried my best to combine them with my love for motorcycling:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=572&pictureid=4781

Ultimately, I decided that if I cannot participate in a hobby that I can start from my driveway, it might not be worth the $$... i.e. golf, fishing, skydiving.. etc.. Good luck with it.

Nemesis
November 21st, 2011, 07:13 AM
That's cool!

I took my first date skydiving which happened to be my first too. Man did we have fun. :D

Congrats man! Hopefully you'll be graduating to one of these. I know I would if I got into skydiving.

http://www.studenttechnews.net/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/14e85_wingsuit.jpg

jamesio
November 21st, 2011, 08:05 AM
That's cool!

I took my first date skydiving which happened to be my first too. Man did we have fun. :D

Congrats man! Hopefully you'll be graduating to one of these. I know I would if I got into skydiving.

http://www.studenttechnews.net/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/14e85_wingsuit.jpg

Nice! I want to take my girlfriend skydiving as well but she said she wont go unless she is strapped to me :lol: I want to get my tandem masters certification though, so it will be cool when I can take her and my friends if they want :)

Right now I'm on category D-1, which means I'm only jumping with one instructor now and am practicing turns and keeping a heading during free fall. And yes, OMG, I want to fly a wing suit so bad I heard they were amazing.

But you can't even ride a parachute
Even better...you fly it :D

Toly
November 21st, 2011, 08:25 AM
Have fun... It would be great if you could afford both.

jamesio
November 21st, 2011, 08:52 AM
Have fun... It would be great if you could afford both.

One day soon, hopefully :)

austexjg
November 21st, 2011, 04:30 PM
Had a blast on my first jump - did the solo jump. It is a weird feeling to be falling, but not worried about hitting the ground. I plan on getting certified soon. Congrats...

akima
November 21st, 2011, 04:51 PM
Just spotted this thread. Sounds like you're living life day by day: from motorcycle riding to sky diving: live it up! ;)

ally99
November 21st, 2011, 06:14 PM
Did it once with my hubby. Had the experience of a lifetime! Exhilaration like nothing else, though taking fun, mountain twisties on my Lil Ninj is a close rival. Seriously, the speed so fast you leave your voice behind you to the unimaginable, peaceful quiet when the chute opened...it was a quiet I've never experienced here on the surface of the earth. Unfortunately I felt really queasy (air sick, I guess) all day and that made me less than eager to go at it again.
Impressive though! Great hobby! :) And OMG, the wing suit would be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I've always wondered what it would be like to soar like a hawk!

Ninja_Moose
November 21st, 2011, 06:38 PM
Awesome! I am still working on my AFF classes/jumps.

Zombiphone
November 21st, 2011, 06:40 PM
So how many cc's is it? :p

At least it's still an adrenaline sport and you didn't sell the ninjette for a golf cart or something. And, skydiving is definitely on my immediate to do list. Too bad motorcycles make it so I can't afford anything that is not directly related to said motorcycles. Have fun up there :thumbup:

pop0tart
November 21st, 2011, 06:40 PM
Is that your new rig pictured? I'd wait till you have your A license to buy a rig...and get a Javelin :D

randy328
November 21st, 2011, 07:43 PM
Lots of friends of mine skydive. Being a pilot (helicopter), I, of course, have the mentality that there is no reason to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft LOL.

My other passion is scuba diving.

csmith12
November 21st, 2011, 09:02 PM
I offer this up for you as some of the motogp vids are to me.

TWfph3iNC-k

The rush from skydiving must be similar or more so than your first race or first knee drag.

Best of luck!

jamesio
November 21st, 2011, 09:19 PM
My other passion is scuba diving.

Nice! I got my scuba cert a while ago, but never actually went again after I got certified.

And no...that's just a training rig, it's a pretty big chute. I would love to get a javelin tho :)

This past weekend my average free fall speed of all my jumps I did was 130mph, with my fastest being 136mph :D

And Jeb Corliss is awesome! He's truly livin the dream. I love watching his videos. BASE jumping is something I want to do eventually

pop0tart
November 23rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
Your calling people dumb? Please use the proper use of "they're" when your trying to **** on people. Thanks.
Sincerely,
Grammar Police

^ That was my favorite comment from the Corliss video

rosninjet
November 23rd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Congratulations! Ride on your parachute now. lol

Jvello15
November 23rd, 2011, 05:08 PM
Lol such a random thing.. I couldn't give up my bike for a parachute..