View Full Version : A beauty and the beast

Toly
November 21st, 2011, 08:55 AM
After 4500+ fun miles I sold my Ninjette and got myself an '09 CBR... What a great bike! She's like a grown up Ninjette, does everything even better. She loves to run, handles and corners like no other. And she loves triple-digit speeds ;)

Riding the beast is like being king of the road - traffic, etc, is all just waters to be parted. And twisty roads are like heaven.

But I'm so glad I started on Ninjette. She taught me a lot, very quickly. Now I can easily control the bigger beast, and truly enjoy & appreciate her. Thanks everyone who weighted their wisdom and convinced me to stay with Ninjette until I was ready to move on. It was my smartest decision in a while :)

csmith12
November 21st, 2011, 09:27 AM
Gratz! Beautiful machine and ride safe!

etiainen
November 21st, 2011, 09:37 PM
Nice bike! I really like the CBRs. Be careful with those triple digit speeds!

DarC
November 21st, 2011, 09:54 PM
Welcome to the Honda family!

Cazper
November 21st, 2011, 10:30 PM
Congrats on the new bike... she looks great!!! Although she could use a fender eliminator and some flush mount front signals :thumbup:

rosninjet
November 22nd, 2011, 01:15 AM
That one looks cool and really tough.

Toly
November 22nd, 2011, 07:40 AM
Thanks everyone! The bike looks totally badass @speed and sounds pretty good, too. The handling is out of the world.

A FE and flush turn signals are definitely in the plan :) But first would be tire replacement - tires are barely worn but the compound is 3 yrs old by now. Also, maybe a new battery.

greg737
November 22nd, 2011, 07:58 AM
It's not a complete upgrade until you migrate over to a 600 supersport forum. It's not whether you can ride the 600, the real test is "trading paint" with the big egos on a supersport forum. Go get 'em, tiger!

Toly
November 22nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
If you go to 600.net, you'd go back to ninjette.org in no time. Most of the threads are along the lines of "250 is for sissies" and "I ran from the cops & crashed"... I could post something there like "VTEC just kicked in, yo" and be right at home.

greg737
November 22nd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Are you saying the 600 supersport crowd is unenlightened, squiddy, knuckle-dragging, barely literate? I would never have guessed that would be the case. However, they are your tribe now. They are your people.

akima
November 22nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
However, they are your tribe now. They are your people.

Aww, no. We can be his people if he likes. It's about your roots and his roots are here!

bob706
November 22nd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Congrats :thumbup: Nice ride

Toly
November 23rd, 2011, 07:56 AM
Are you saying the 600 supersport crowd is unenlightened, squiddy, knuckle-dragging, barely literate? I would never have guessed that would be the case. However, they are your tribe now. They are your people.

Yes, I came down the high mountain, to take you out of the 250cc slavery. I cannot see my grassroots brethen suffering under the opressive heel of mechanical deficiency. The salvation is near! It lurks in dealerships, dwells on CraigsList. Open your eyes, and you shall be free!

SP5EfwBWgg0

greg737
November 23rd, 2011, 08:32 AM
See ya.