View Full Version : Ghost?

kcaja1
December 7th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I installed these battery operated motion activated lights a month ago along the basement stairway because my 2 1/2 years old daughter cannot reach the switch and it will be a lot safer for her to go up and down with lights on.
My father passed away about 2 months ago and this morning while I was running on my treadmill my motion activated lights suddenly came on. I thought maybe one of my daughters was awake and was just looking for me. I quickly asked, Who's there? Nobody answered. I asked again, Who's there? Nobody. At that moment I said to myself, enough of this and I stopped running and quickly jumped out of the treadmill and ran up to the 1st floor and nobody was there. I continued going up to the 2nd floor and into my daughters' bedrooms and both of them were still on bed and sleeping.
I went back down to the basement door and checked if opening the door slightly (possibly draft) would trigger the lights. Nope, it didn't. Batteries are fresh as far as I know.
I had goosebumps all over at that moment and I'm still having them writing this.

Alex
December 7th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Yep, that would freak me out too.

alex.s
December 12th, 2011, 01:34 AM
most motion detectors work by detecting a change in the average light or IR temperature in a room... maybe there was a warm draft or a reflection hit the sensor just right

cuong-nutz
December 12th, 2011, 01:48 AM
most motion detectors work by detecting a change in the average light or IR temperature in a room... maybe there was a warm draft or a reflection hit the sensor just right

i'm slow.

alex.s
December 12th, 2011, 09:42 AM
cool story bro