View Full Version : ATGATT means ATT!

adouglas
December 9th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Just ran across this:

TFD9az2eAv0

Poor guy was just doing a quick post-maintenance check spin around the apartment building parking lot. Low speed. What can happen, right?

A highside can happen.

Note: This fella is a highly experienced rider. A year before this was shot he did a 40,000 mile review of his bike.

Kudos to this guy for manning up and admitting how wrong he was to ride without gear.

Should be required viewing. Don't worry, it's not particularly gruesome but I wouldn't want to be him.

Heed
December 9th, 2011, 02:42 PM
sucks for him.

u think that there are enough people like this guy who pave the way to give enough incentive for riders to wear their gear. guess not.

CC Cowboy
December 9th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Girls love scars! That's why I got circumcised at a very young age.

nickjpass
December 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Watched it a while ago. He had a 650.

8_zOhjR1E_A

Indy250r
December 9th, 2011, 02:56 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

CC Cowboy
December 9th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Sorry Brad, I don't swing that way. Nice try though.

nickjpass
December 9th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I doubt girls love road rash scars.

gitoy
December 9th, 2011, 07:03 PM
been riding atgatt for 90k+miles...getting tired of it too...

then bam!...i crashed 50 yards from home courtesy of a jayrunning dog...that crashed made me realized that i did not waste atgatt...

Mountain Dew
December 9th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Watched it a while ago. He had a 650.

8_zOhjR1E_A

For some reason I was expecting a crash. Turns out I misread your post :P

Jono
December 10th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Just ran across this:

TFD9az2eAv0

Poor guy was just doing a quick post-maintenance check spin around the apartment building parking lot. Low speed. What can happen, right?

A highside can happen.

Note: This fella is a highly experienced rider. A year before this was shot he did a 40,000 mile review of his bike.

Kudos to this guy for manning up and admitting how wrong he was to ride without gear.

Should be required viewing. Don't worry, it's not particularly gruesome but I wouldn't want to be him.

Is he a vampire? Because he is whiter than Elmer's Glue. It almost makes his blood look fake because it looks so red.

nickjpass
December 10th, 2011, 10:02 AM
No reason. Just has pale skin. Blood looks funny on it.

At least he absorbs Vitamin D easily.

ghost-was-here
December 10th, 2011, 10:46 AM
its not that i am gay or something-
but look at video@ 2:05 -when he is showing his knee rash-
his fly is open. hehe :p

or maybe the buttons that are present on bermudas/bumchums/boxers

CynicalC
December 10th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I understand that accidents happen, but this was just stupidity. Put a brand new rear tire on and gun it around a corner on the first test spin? He wasn't thinking. But yes, perfect example of why atgatt is key.

alex.s
December 10th, 2011, 04:16 PM
this was just stupidity. Put a brand new rear tire on and gun it around a corner on the first test spin? He wasn't thinking.

exactly my thoughts

Samer
December 10th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Even Batman wears his gear before he rides his MV Agusta:

eQY9XR0XUZA

Thanks for posting this video. The guy manned up and is helping others :thumbup:

NYC Diesel
December 10th, 2011, 07:49 PM
You can't help but feeling bad for him.

akima
December 11th, 2011, 06:40 AM
When I'm doing maintenance (which I'm not right now because it's too cold... poor ninja) and I need to move my ninjette, I put on my mountain biking full face and mountain biking gloves. I also make sure I'm wearing jeans and tuck my laces in. It's much quicker to do that than put on all my normal riding gear only to take it off moments later. I only travel at like 5mph so I figure that basic protection should be enough.

I don't see a problem with wearing no gear just while you move your bike. That guy was clearly doing more than moving his bike though. Sounds like his stupidity trumped his experienced. Why would you "gun it" when you're not wearing all your gear and you just put a new tire on lol! Stupid humans :p

gfloyd2002
December 11th, 2011, 02:20 PM
As much as I scream about ATGATT on this site, I have to admit doing a maintenance run around the cul-de-sac a couple of times without gear when I was adjusting carbs. This is a good reminder that stuff can and does happen close to home, and you can never be too safe. Thanks for posting. :thumbup:

Dragone
December 22nd, 2011, 08:27 PM

hahaha morale of that story..... learn your lesson and ride on.

Slono
December 24th, 2011, 01:48 PM
The video was a very good reminder, and we can all learn from his mistake.

Liist
January 19th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Just figured that out today. I locked up at a four-way stop no less then 30 seconds from my apartment. Thank God I was wearing jacket, gloves, and boots.

akima
January 19th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Just figured that out today. I locked up at a four-way stop no less then 30 seconds from my apartment. Thank God I was wearing jacket, gloves, and boots.

You and your bike ok?

Liist
January 19th, 2012, 01:19 PM
You and your bike ok?

I have some minor scrapes from where the jacket failed to cover my belly and a small scrape on my knee. Big ache from where my thigh hit the ground.

Scratched up the fairing a little, out of alignment, and need a new blinker. It's running perfectly fine.

I feel so sorry for abusing her like this.

akima
January 19th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Sounds like you're ok on the whole. This is good :) I don't have any thigh padding in my protective trousers... I'm guessing you don't either.

I have a few small marks on my fairing from where I dropped it. I guess it's inevitable that our Ninjettes will get some cuts and bruises... I don't think anything or anyone makes it through life without them.

Did you lock up your rear brake then?

Liist
January 19th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Sounds like you're ok on the whole. This is good :) I don't have any thigh padding in my protective trousers... I'm guessing you don't either.

I have a few small marks on my fairing from where I dropped it. I guess it's inevitable that our Ninjettes will get some cuts and bruises... I don't think anything or anyone makes it through life without them.

Did you lock up your rear brake then?

I don't even know if I locked it up or if it was the awkward emergency braking oh **** moment that made me fall.